Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
The Zeta gun is a specially modded Gamma gun that does a low amount of damage without any special radiation poisoning effect. It is also significantly weaker than the Lorenzo's Artifact gun that can also be gained as a reward for The Secret of Cabot House. Because of these facts, it appears that this weapon might be an intentionally weak weapon to be used as a "consolation prize" of sorts for siding with Lorenzo instead of Jack (though siding with Lorenzo also gets the player a replenishable supply of the powerful Mysterious serum, which may more than compensate for the weakness of this weapon).
Jack's notes state that, as a mobile version of Lorenzo's psychic restraint, it may be used to weaken Lorenzo while fighting him. The drop in damage may be explained by the gun giving off 'Zeta Radiation', a supposedly harmless energy to normal people, but to Lorenzo it can prove lethal.
Like the Lorenzo's Artifact, this is actually a normal Gamma gun with a unique mod (the Zeta dish); it is possible for the player to build the standard dish mod to restore the Gamma gun's original power, and apply the Zeta dish mod to another Gamma gun.
|Slot||Mod||Description||Weapon prefix||Damage per shot change||Fire rate change||Range change||Accuracy change||Magazine capacity (shots per reload) change||Weight change||Weapon value change in caps||Perk needed||Components||Base ID|
|Dish||Standard dish||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Deep dish||Better range and damage.||Long||+radiation||–||+84||–||–||+1.5||+72||Science! 4||Adhesive x2|
|Grip||Standard grip||Standard.||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||–||Adhesive x1|
|Sharpshooter's grip||Better recoil and hip-fire accuracy.||Sharpshooter's||–||–||–||+4||–||+0.2||+34||Gun Nut 2||Adhesive x2|
|Electric signal carrier antennae||Hold fire to charge additional electrical damage.||Electrified||Special, see below||–||–||–||–||+0.3||+30||Science! 3||Adhesive x5|
|Signal repeater||Improved rate of fire.||Automatic||–||+24||–||-2||–||+0.3||+60||Science! 4||Adhesive x4|
Footnote: The Electric signal carrier antennae significantly changes how the gamma gun and the Lorenzo's Artifact version functions. The base damage changes to:
- Gamma gun: (direct hit) 54 energyexplosion + radiationexplosion + radiationexplosion + radiation
- Lorenzo's Artifact: (direct hit) radiation; (area of effect) radiationexplosion + 44 energyexplosion + 40 explosion
In addition, if you hold down the fire button long enough for the gun to start making a "clicking" noise from the arcing electricity, it will do an additional +45energy on a direct hit.
- If the player sided with Lorenzo, this will be found on Jack.
- Regardless of who you side with, a Zeta gun can still be found in Cabot House, located on the science lab table.
- It is possible to get multiple Zeta guns by taking it the moment you enter Cabot House for the first time, then returning to the lab after being awarded Lorenzo's artifact and collecting another Zeta gun from the table. If siding with Lorenzo, a zeta gun can be found on the corpse of Jack Cabot. Following a period of time the Zeta gun reappears at the bench in Cabot House allowing you to acquire multiple Zeta guns.
- You can also acquire both the Zeta gun and the Lorenzo's artifact gun if you take the Zeta gun out of his home lab when you first enter the house and the artifact gun after you side with Jack.
- The weapon's name is likely a reference to Fallout 3's Mothership Zeta DLC; this is further supported when Jack asks the player character if they believe in aliens at the start of Special Delivery.