Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Visibly it appears as a blue and yellow colored metal gauntlet with an electrified plate wrapped around the fingers, which emits a burst of electricity when striking an object. A critical hit emits a more powerful blast. Its electrical nature makes this weapon especially effective against robots and (to a lesser degree) enemies clad in most forms of power armor.
V.A.T.S. Special AttacksEdit
|Type of attack||- Type of attack||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||- Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per action point||- Damage per action point||Additional effects||- Additional effects|
|Type of attack||Skill required||Damage per attack in V.A.T.S.||Action point cost||Damage per action point||Additional effects|
|Stomp||50||140||20||7||Only on knocked down enemies|
|Cross||75||77||20||3.85||2.5x damage to limbs|
- Note: Unarmed weapons do double normal damage in V.A.T.S.
The zap glove can successfully strike about 495 times from full condition before breaking.
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Bonus effects||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Critical effect damage and duration||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Two-Step Goodbye fnvgra||70||76.4||1.09||x4||10||175explosion||28||5||395||6||20000||3333.3||100||9|
|Zap glove||35||57.3||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
|Paladin Toaster||41||67.1||+50Electromagnetic pulseRobots|
+20Electromagnetic pulsePower armor
- Note: Unarmed damage is doubled in V.A.T.S.
- Crimson Caravan Company - it can be bought from Blake.
- Hidden Valley - can be found on Brotherhood of Steel initiates, who wield it. Elder McNamara may also be seen wearing one. In addition, multiple scribes carry them.
- Hoover Dam - it can be bought from Quartermaster Bardon.
- Mick & Ralph's, Freeside - it can be bought from Mick.
- Miguel's Pawn Shop - can sometimes be bought from Miguel
- Red Rock Canyon, Great Khan armory - can sometimes be bought from the Great Khan armorer.
- Despite a small energy cell being clearly visible in the glove, it does not require any ammunition.
- The zap glove and its special variant, the Paladin Toaster, can be used to destroy securitrons and other robots usually in one punch, even without a critical hit, making it very useful for a player who is focused on Unarmed weapons.
Behind the scenesEdit
Sometime before release, zap gloves, as well as many other unarmed weapons, were supposed to use energy cells as ammunition, but it wasn't supported by the game engine and there was not enough time for implementation.
- ps3 xbox360 pc The zap glove uses the same icon as the Fallout 3 version of the power fist, despite the game files containing a specific icon for this weapon. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc Sometimes repairing the zap glove with another one will cause them both to disappear. [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 pc The zap glove, along with the Paladin Toaster, will not do reduced EMP damage against Big MT robots. Additionally, the weapons will not do any EMP damage against Cyberdogs found in the Big MT. [verified]