Located northwest of the Saturnite alloy research facility, west of the X-12 research center and east of the X-66 Hexcrete archipelago, the entire facility is radioactive and consists of three main areas: the entrance, a large main room, and a small room opposite of the entrance. There is also a catwalk above the main room. In the small room on the ground floor, there is a footlocker as well as a chemistry set that can make chems with a Science skill of 25.
- A corrosive glove is located exactly right of the entrance between two desks.
- The hazmat pod security code is located within the small room at the back of the building, on the ground floor, resting against some filing cabinets. This is needed if one wishes to obtain the hazmat helmet and suit in the hazmat testing ground without using an upgraded sonic emitter.
- A considerable amount of drained small energy cells and drained microfusion cells inside.
- Upon picking up the corrosive glove, 3-7 Y-17 trauma override harnesses will appear.
- The facility appears to have been the original development source for the toxic red haze known as the Cloud, which appeared in Dead Money.
- Radiation is present throughout the facility as well as the outer entrance.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
When entering the facility for the first time, several Y-17 trauma harnesses will come to attack. With the Wild Wasteland trait, one of them will say, "Hey, who turned out the lights?" This is a reference to the Doctor Who episodes "Silence in the Library" and "Forest of the Dead."
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|