Z-38 lightwave dynamics research
Spending a lot of hours getting the Vera Keyes hologram looking right. I'm a physicist, not a sculptor - iterating on her facial features and her dress to match Sinclair's expectations... it's about enough to make me file a complaint. I don't get the sense Sinclair's doing this out of love or well, lust.”— Z-38 lightwave dynamics research terminal entry
The area is guarded by lobotomites and a pack of night stalkers. The interior has a couple of patrolling non-hostile holograms and a terminal which makes references to Frederick Sinclair from Dead Money.
- Valence radii-accentuator located in a column of light in the middle of the first floor; it can be difficult to see.
- Recipes - Energy Weapons skill book located underneath the monitor at the top of the first flight of stairs to the right (NW corner).
- Five proton throwing axes - Three located in the southwest corner of the upstairs platform, and two in a dumpster behind the building.
- Upon walking into the big light beam, control of the player character will be lost. They will stumble around and the screen will turn to black. Twelve hours will pass when in the light before the player character regains control. In hardcore mode, the twelve hours passing will affect dehydration, sleep, and hunger. Stepping into the light beam repeatedly can make waiting long periods of time (days or weeks) easy.
- Since there are two holograms and a computer entry mentioning hologram technology, this may prove that the Valence radii-accentuator and its stronger counterpart are based on hologram technology.
- Vera Keyes' photo can be found on a table at the lowest level of the Z-38 lightwave dynamics research facility. It was a reference for her hologram that was developed on site for the Sierra Madre Casino.