Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Z-14 Pepsinae DNA splicing lab
You may know me as the Head Chief First Researcher of Labs Z-9 and Z-14. There I fought valiantly to preserve rattlesnake DNA, and put it right where it belongs, in the husk of another feared predator. Oh, and the tarantula hawk. Can't splice enough, I always say, especially if you can make a magnificent Cazador!”— Doctor Borous
Outside of the building there is an Old World mark.
Entering the building, there is a lobby area with several desks and filing cabinets. A few piles of mutilated gore are on the floor. On the left side, there is a deluxe chemistry set on a table, which can be used to make chems or stimpaks. Several proton throwing axes can be found in this area. There is a stairwell leading down.
There are several cazadores in the lower area, with a few hiding behind doors in containment cells. A skeleton with a laser rifle and several microfusion cells resides within one of the containment cells. The medical lab behind the large main door contains a unique cazador, Specimen 73.
- Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator on Specimen 73.
- Auto-Doc Upgrade: Implant M-5 on the surgical table in the room with Specimen 73.
- Stealth Boy in the room next to Specimen 73.
- Pepsinae refers to the subfamily taxonomic designation for wasps. As cazadores appear to be derived from the tarantula hawk wasp (Pepsis formosa), it is implied that this lab was responsible for research on the cazador, and the creation of the species.
- Dr. Borous was responsible for creating cazadores from this lab.