| ||For an overview of Nuka-Cola soda in the Fallout series of games, see Nuka-Cola.|
|The following is based on Fallout Tactics and some details might contradict canon.|
A little known flavor of Nuka-Cola which is only available from the "crazy naked man". It has an "interesting" bouquet.”
Nuka-Cola was invented in 2044 by John-Caleb Bradberton. Its unique taste gained widespread popularity, quickly becoming the most popular soft drink in the United States with an extremely dedicated following. The widely known dazzling blue bottle color was adopted as standard in 2052, after market research programs indicated that the blue color was the favorite in 86 people out of 100 polled.
The ingredients of Nuka-Cola include: carbonated water, caramel color, aspartame, phosphoric acid, potassium benzoate (to protect taste), natural flavors, citric acid, and caffeine. What gives it a unique flavor is the essence of seventeen different fruits mixed in just the right proportion to give the beverage its trademark taste. Some versions of the drink also include vita-minerals and health tonics. During the Great Passion Fruit Famine of 2044, people actually noticed the taste difference when the recipe was changed.
Yellow Nuka-Cola is a "variation" of regular Nuka-Cola, both yellow in color and with an "interesting" smell. In Chicago, during the Brotherhood of Steel's reign, there were reports of this strange yellow Nuka-Cola. However, it was quickly identified as a substance designed by a "mad naked man" who "made water." Considering this, and the fact that it's poisonous to anyone with the temerity to actually drink it, it is apparent that the so-called cola is in fact a generous helping of urine.
- Two can be found inside the medical lab fridge in the Peoria storage facility.
- Carried by Roshambo in Osceolla.
Behind the scenesEdit
- During the 2008 E3 as a promotional item, people were given a real drinkable version of Nuka-Cola. It greatly resembles the 1950s look of the Coca-Cola brand bottles.
- During 2015/2016 a real version of Nuka Cola Quantum could be purchased online and in Target stores worldwide.
- The name of the Nuka-Cola creator, John-Caleb Bradberton, is an amalgamation of the inventors of Coca-Cola (John Pemberton) and Pepsi-Cola (Caleb Bradham).
- Its logos, bottle designs, market crash, and even its name are heavily based on Coca-Cola.
- This item is called nukaUrine[sic] in the Editor.