| ||For the other yao guai den, see yao guai cave (Fallout 3).|
Nan needs to cut it with the crap stories about beasts lurking in the depths of the cave. Nonsense is scaring the kids. I have set up makeshift barriers until we have time to make permanent ones. The barriers are there more for my own sanity than anything.”
The yao guai tunnels are located due west of the Charnel house, and northwest of Smith Casey's Garage. The entrance is a chain-link fence door in a rocky outcrop. As the name suggests, the caves are inhabited by a large number of yao guai.
To find the Sneak bobblehead, enter facing east, continue traveling generally eastward until a few yao guai are seen running across the Lone Wanderer's path from left to right. This is a scripted event, and the yao guai will not always be targetable in V.A.T.S. (only with proper timing) on either Playstation 3 or Xbox 360.
If the player character has the Animal Friend perk, this event is different: the yao guai may or may not stand instead of rushing right to left. At this intersection, marked by a lantern on the left and an overturned bathtub to the right, turn left (north). Continue on this path to find a Nuka-Cola Quantum on a table, and turn right (east) there. Continue on this path until reaching a cavern with two exits leading south.
Follow either path generally southward, past a stop sign and a downed chain link fence, to the entrance into the yao guai den. Once inside the den, walk straight ahead to the central pillar (not the one in the small room with all the skeletons, keep going into a large open area), and then head to the left. Immediately look for the stone ramp that leads along the eastern edge of the cavern, overlooking a crescent-shaped pool of water. At the base of the ramp (directly behind the pillar with a dead wastelander in the hole up high) is a metal box with the bobblehead standing on top of it. If you go up the ramp and drop into the water below, you will find the yao guai den note on a dead settler.
After The Waters of Life, you will find an Enclave camp directly east of this position. They usually are all dead and can be found around the camp, with clear signs of a struggle all around. Also, a Vertibird has been known to land nearby, or any other mini-encounter involving Enclave soldier(s) may occur.
- Bobblehead - Sneak is located on a ramp near a dead wastelander (see above).
- There is a pre-War book on the picnic table just as you enter the tunnels.
- There is a bottle of Nuka-Cola Quantum on a table near a radio, on the way to get the Sneak Bobblehead.
- In the southern section of the yao guai tunnels there is a Grognak the Barbarian book along with a dead raider on the ledge directly in front of the one-way exit out of the yao guai den. You can get this by either placing the shopping carts in a stacked position so you can jump up to it or you can take the door in the southern end of the den to reach it.
- Yao guai den note - a paper note which can be found on the corpse of a dead settler who is floating in a pool of radioactive water in the tunnel section of the cave complex.
- There is a random encounter spawn just north of the entrance.
- There is a secret area behind the picnic table (the one with the pre-War book).
The yao guai tunnels appear only in Fallout 3.
- pc xbox360 The Enclave camp may not be around until you go into the caves and back out again. [verified]