Created before the war as a general performance enhancer, X-Cell never got out of the prototype stage, but was widely distributed on the black market. It boosts every SPECIAL attribute for a limited period of time, but is highly addictive.”— Loading screen hint
Created before the war as a general performance enhancer, X-cell never got out of the prototype stage, but was widely distributed on the black market. It boosts every SPECIAL attribute for a limited period of time, but is highly addictive.
It appears to be some sort of inhaler; it boosts all S.P.E.C.I.A.L. attributes by 2 points for a limited duration. According to the Survival Guide, this duration is 120 seconds. With an addiction rate of 35%, X-cell is 2.3 times more addictive than any other chem in the game. Because of its rarity, carrying some addictol is recommended, as taking doses simply to sustain an addiction is not feasible, and the penalties of addiction are high.
- Boston mayoral shelter, in the First Aid kit, inside the bathroom where the skeleton of the mayor is found.
- Capsized Factory, in a First Aid box at the bottom of one of the two staircases.
- Concord Speakeasy, two may be found in an upstairs bedroom, next to the bed with the skeleton lying on it. (This location re-spawns.)
- Fallon's department store, located on second floor, back of building (north end) behind the counter with the big pot on top, in a First Aid Kit.
- Fens street sewer, in the first room, across the water, tucked behind a grey pipe and a blue pipe. (This location re-spawns.)
- Goodneighbor, in Memory Den, in the First Aid Kit on a shelf upstairs, next to Dr. Amari's bed.
- Gunners Plaza, in a First Aid kit behind a locked blue door (novice lock).
- Harbormaster hotel, on the roof, under the counter of the bar. (This location re-spawns.)
- The Institute, in a first aid box near the relay at the top floor of the facility.
- Natick Police Department, in a locker in the 2nd room before the jail cells.
- Northwest of Outpost Zimonja in an unmarked shack under an overpass. Can be Day Tripper instead after the initial visit.
- If it's not in the larger shack directly under the highway overpass, it can be found in a much smaller shack a short walk down to a drainage lake slightly northwest of the first shack (follow the path behind some red barrels to the left of the first shack).
- Vault 95, in the First Aid kit next to the power generator.
- In the Mechanist's lair, at the far end behind the tankbot in a medkit.
- Vault 88, on the store at the end of the North-East section. Found by going up a dead-end staircase and looking right, near a statue that's using a Sea captain's hat.
- Concord Civic Access, at the end of the tunnel, on a ledge above a dead raider.
- fo4nw Fun House - In the room with a house turned every-which way, look up in the bathroom and jump toward the mirror, it'll be a split second so you'll have to be quick.
- Diamond City, sold at Diamond City Surplus and Solomon's Chem-I-Care (both rare).
- Goodneighbor, rarely sold at Daisy's Discounts.
- Railroad HQ, rarely sold by Doctor Carrington.
- The Prydwen, rarely sold by Knight-Captain Cade.
- fo4nw Nuka-Cade, Prize level 5 for 3000 Nuka-Cade tickets.
Some of the above mentioned cases of coming across X-cell are randomized, so one may not find it in those instances.