X-7b "Boom Town" target zone
PLEASE AVOID BOOM TOWN FOR THE FORSEEABLE FUTURE, UNTIL WEAPON TESTING IS RESOLVED.”— Doctor Klein, over the intercom
Boom Town is a mock settlement set up for the express purpose of testing the performance of Saturnite artillery shells. It is paired with the X-7a "Left Field" artillery launch facility. The entire area is irradiated as a side effect of weapons testing, with craters full of green radioactive material.
- Nuka-Cola Quartz and Nuka-Cola Victory in the house to the northeast of the area.
- Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator and the Guns skill book recipe can be found inside a footlocker in a crater north of the western-most house after firing the fixed gun located at the X-7a "Left Field" artillery launch.
- A strange cask (wooden barrel) can be found on top of a hill (outside the fence) just northwest of the footlocker with the recipe for the Guns skill book. Inside and on top of the cask are four bottles of battle brew. To get there, go northeast and up and back around.
- When you fast travel to "Boom Town," you will be facing a bombed out building with an Old World Flag painted in red on the wall.
- If the fixed gun is fired before discovering "Boom Town," the footlocker containing Atomic-valence tri-radii-oscillator and the Guns skill book recipe will not appear.
Behind the scenesEdit
The term "boom town" is military slang for artificial settlements they would build and fill with houses, cars and mannequins to see how atomic bombs would affect them during nuclear testing in the 1950s and 60s.