The wreck of a Chryslus Highwayman, buried deep in the mud. Apparently, the driver lost control and crashed. As of 2281, only the trunk of the car is visible on the surface, the rest of it permanently underground.
- Sunset Sarsaparilla star bottle cap in the trunk.
The wrecked Highwayman appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The idea to place a wrecked Highwayman in Van Buren and then New Vegas came from Joshua Sawyer. It is a direct reference to the Chosen One's Highwayman in Fallout 2. The energy weapon ammunition in the trunk is a nod to the common practice of storing such items as spare Highwayman fuel in Fallout 2.
- The wrecked Highwayman that was also supposed to appear in Van Buren was supposed to contain a trunk full of microfusion cells and a Tanker FOB.
- Upon finding the wrecked Highwayman, the song "My Chryslus Highwayman" or "Gold Slouch" from the Fallout 2 soundtrack will begin to play. This is another nod to the Chosen One's Highwayman in Fallout 2.
- Despite the fact that the car is labeled as a Highwayman, it is really a half-submerged derelict Corvega.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 J.E. Sawyer's Formspring: Okay, whose idea was the wrecked Highwayman? Mine. I wanted to have a Highwayman trunk full of microfusion cells and the Tanker FOB in Van Buren.