Enter by climbing the metal crates inside the wreck and go toward the ship's stern, up a flight of stairs. When one boards the deck, make the way towards the bow, to a lifeboat lowering the Sole Survivor down.
- Agility bobblehead - Right on the very bow of the ship, past the upper room, sitting on a piece of wood at the end of the boat.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor issue #8 - On the upper level of the ship, mid-deck, on the parasol table with radio on.
- A Stealth Boy - On a toilet under the shacks near the very bow of the ship.
- A Mini nuke - Next to the terminal in the same room as the bed and chemistry station near the bow of the ship.
- A fusion core - Inside a generator on the ground level, near the bow of the ship.
- Despite none of the crew speaking English, the terminals controlling their turrets are interfaced in English rather than Norwegian.
- On the inside, or destroyed inside, the ship contains no ballast tanks, nor crew compartments. Without ballast tanks, this ship in real life would either tip over or sink like a stone.
- The pilothouse is almost identical to the ones seen on tugboats.
- Just off of Spectacle Island, there is a container ship identical to the FMS Northern Star, only sunken by the bombs.
- The ship bears a striking resemblance to the MS Azalea from the add-on Far Harbor.
- "La oss være i fred!" – Leave us alone!
- "Gå vekk fra våre skip!" – Get off our ship!
- "Du vil angre angripe oss!" – You'll regret attacking us!
- "Det var vondt!" – That hurt!
- "Jeg kommer hjem..." – I'm coming home...
The wreck of the FMS Northern Star only appears in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
|The following is based on unverified behind the scenes information and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- The raiders encountered on the wreck are unique in that they are all Norwegian-speaking raider ghouls. This could lead to the assumption that the FMS Northern Star was likely a Norwegian cargo ship, that had been docked (or marooned) off the coast of the Commonwealth, and that the crew had been on the ship ever since the Great War. When encountered they will tell the Sole Survivor "gå vekk" and "la oss være i fred" - which means "go away" and "leave us alone," respectively. Not knowing the English language in the unforgiving wasteland means that they are unable to communicate with others, forcing them to stay in their ship and defend it against hostile raiders and mutated creatures like mirelurks. When one dies, the others may exclaim "du drepte han!" meaning "you killed him!" in Norwegian. Their last words upon death are often "jeg kommer hjem...", which means "I'm coming home..."
- The accent of the Norwegian-speaking raiders can be approximated to originate from the northern parts of Norway, an area where working as fishermen and/or sailors is a strong tradition and culturally accustomed occupation for most of its inhabitants, as fishing has been the main income of this part of Norway for countless centuries.
- Some of the subtitles and pronunciations are wrong in the ghoul crew's quotes. The line "Hva hvil du med us?" (What do you want from us?) is supposed to be "Hva vil du med oss?" and the line "Du vil angre angripe oss!" (You will regret attacking us!) should be "Du vil angre på at du angrep oss!"
- The name of the ship "FMS Northern Star" might be a reference to the Norwegian cruise ship "MS Nordstjernen" (which translates to "MS Northern Star" in English) with similar appearances as the equivalent ship found in the game, although the in-game ship is clearly a cargo ship. The actual "MS Nordstjernen" was constructed in 1956 and was at the time of withdrawal from coastal service (2012) the oldest operational ship in the Hurtigruten fleet.
- The misunderstood, Norwegian-speaking crew may be a reference to the opening scene of the 1982 John Carpenter movie The Thing, wherein a language barrier leads to a Norwegian being killed by one of the main characters.
- The ship also appears to have been modeled after Jabba the Hutt's Sail Barge (The Khetanna) from Star Wars Episode VI; complete with sails and a similar paint scheme.
|End of information based on unverified behind the scenes information.|
- pc ps4 xboxone When boarding the boat lift to go down only the control button goes down while the boat stays put. One can still jump into the boat and ride down and up again with the button, however. Fast traveling away and then back may fix the problem. [verified]
- ps4 pc It is possible to become stuck on mid deck at the south middle between four rusted crates. [verified]
- This can be solved by wearing power armor that has the jetpack modification and boosting oneself out.
- On pc, this can be resolved by using the console command tcl to clip through the crates to the other side.
- If all enemies have been defeated in the area one can also use fast travel to return to the fast travel spawn point.
- xboxone Near where one finds the bobblehead, it is possible to jump to the north side of the winch and become stuck. [verification overdue]