Enter by climbing the metal crates inside the wreck and go toward the ship's stern, up a flight of stairs. When one boards the deck, make the way towards the bow, to a lifeboat lowering the Sole Survivor down.
- Agility bobblehead - Right on the very bow of the ship, past the upper room, sitting on a piece of wood at the end of the boat.
- Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor issue #8 - On the upper level of the ship, mid-deck, on the parasol table with radio on.
- A Stealth Boy - On a toilet under the shacks near the very bow of the ship.
- A mini nuke - Next to the terminal in the same room as the bed and chemistry station near the bow of the ship.
- A fusion core - Inside a generator on the ground level, near the bow of the ship.
- Despite none of the crew speaking English, the terminals controlling their turrets are interfaced in English rather than Norwegian.
- On the inside, or destroyed inside, the ship contains no ballast tanks, nor crew compartments. Without ballast tanks, this ship in real life would either tip over or sink.
- The pilothouse is almost identical to the ones seen on tugboats.
- Just off of Spectacle Island, there is a container ship identical to the FMS Northern Star, only sunken by the bombs.
- The ship bears a striking resemblance to the MS Azalea from the add-on Far Harbor.
- "La oss være i fred!" – Leave us alone!
- "Gå vekk fra våre skip!" – Get off our ship!
- "Du vil angre angripe oss!" – You'll regret attacking us!
- "Det var vondt!" – That hurt!
- "Jeg kommer hjem..." – I'm coming home...
- "Du bør ikke være her!" – You shouldn't be here!
The wreck of the FMS Northern Star appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- The raiders encountered on the wreck are unique in that they are all Norwegian-speaking raider ghouls. This could lead to the assumption that the FMS Northern Star was likely a Norwegian cargo ship, that had been docked (or marooned) off the coast of the Commonwealth, and that the crew had been on the ship ever since the Great War. When encountered they will tell the Sole Survivor "gå vekk" and "la oss være i fred" - which means "go away" and "leave us alone," respectively. Not knowing the English language in the unforgiving wasteland means that they are unable to communicate with others, forcing them to stay in their ship and defend it against hostile raiders and mutated creatures like mirelurks. When one dies, the others may exclaim "du drepte han!" meaning "you killed him!" in Norwegian. Their last words upon death are often "jeg kommer hjem...", which means "I'm coming home..."
- Some of the subtitles and pronunciations are wrong in the ghoul crew's quotes. The line "Hva hvil du med us?" (What do you want from us?) is supposed to be "Hva vil du med oss?" and the line "Du vil angre angripe oss!" (You will regret attacking us!) should be "Du vil angre på å angripe oss!"
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One When boarding the boat lift to go down only the control button goes down while the boat stays put. One can still jump into the boat and ride down and up again with the button, however. Fast traveling away and then back may fix the problem. [verified]
- PC Playstation 4 Xbox One It is possible to become stuck on mid deck at the south middle between four rusted crates. [verified]
- This can be solved by wearing power armor that has the jetpack modification and boosting oneself out.
- On pc, this can be resolved by using the console command tcl to clip through the crates to the other side.
- If all enemies have been defeated in the area one can also use fast travel to return to the fast travel spawn point.