For a miscellaneous item, it is fairly rare. Some known locations are:
- Wood chippers can be purchased at Crazy Wolfgang's caravan.
- One can be bought from Michael Masters, if the ghouls are allowed into Tenpenny Tower during the Tenpenny Tower quest.
- Karl at Meresti Metro station occasionally has one in stock.
- Moira in Megaton occasionally has one in stock.
- One in Fort Constantine, inside the Bomb Storage behind an Average locked door.
- Grandma Sparkle might have one in her fridge, but sometimes it won't be there.
- Lucky's has one in the shop (which must be stolen), or can be sold by the Scavenger within the store.
- Up the stairs at the bomb shelter, behind a locked door in Fort Constantine.
- Seagrave Holmes often has one in stock.
- One can be found on a shelf in the barn west of Vault 101.
- Deathclaw Sanctuary has one near one of the piles of bodies.
- Scavengers can carry one on rare occasions.
- Outside a house in Minefield and in other pre-War suburbs.
- One can be found near Vault 106.
- Knick Knack (inside the Souvenir Shop) at Little Lamplight occasionally has one in stock.
- Two can be found on a dead scavenger by the concrete treehouse, northeast of Andale.
- One can be found in the Adams Air Force Base crawler platform. Broken Steel
- One can be found in front of the Coastal grotto in Point Lookout next to a tricycle at the shoreline next to some other wreckage. Point Lookout
- One can be found in Point Lookout, between the Cathedral and Calvert Mansion by the water on the Cathedral's side of the beach. Point Lookout
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- It can occasionally show up for sale by Old Lady Gibson at the Gibson Scrap Yard.
- It can be for sale by Carter at the NCR Correctional Facility.
- Sometimes sold by Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac.
- Right as you walk in the front door of Brewer's beer bootlegging.
- Near the refrigerator missing its door in Gibson's shack.
- It can occasionally be sold by Blake at the Crimson Caravan Company.
- The wood chipper is the heaviest item in both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, outweighing even a suit of power armor.
- It has a value of 25 and a weight of 50, making it highly cumbersome for its value.
- The wood chipper uses the same model as the Leaf blower, this can prove annoying as it's relatively easy to mistake the heavy and essentially useless wood chipper for the much lighter crafting component