The wood chipper is considered a junk item and can be found in various locations around the Wasteland. It has a value of 25 and a weight of 50, making it the heaviest miscellaneous item in the game and highly cumbersome for its worth.
For a miscellaneous item, it is a bit rare. Some known locations are:
- Wood chippers can be purchased at Crazy Wolfgang's caravan.
- One can be bought from Michael Masters.
- Karl at Meresti Metro Station occasionally has one in stock.
- Moira in Megaton occasionally has one in stock.
- One in Fort Constantine, inside the Bomb Storage behind a locked door (average).
- Grandma Sparkle might have one in her fridge, but sometimes it won't be there.
- Lucky's usually has one either in the shop or on him near Warrington Station.
- Up the stairs at the bomb shelter, behind a locked door in Fort Constantine.
- Seagrave Holmes often has one in stock.
- One can be found on a shelf in the barn west of Vault 101.
- Deathclaw Sanctuary has one near one of the piles of bodies.
- A scavenger has been known to carry one on rare occasions.
- Outside a house in Minefield and in other pre-War suburbs.
- One can be found near Vault 106.
- Knick Knack (inside the Souvenir Shop) at Little Lamplight occasionally has one in stock.
- Two can be found on a dead scavenger by the concrete treehouse, northeast of Andale.
- One can be found in the Adams Air Force Base crawler platform.
- One can be found in front of the Coastal Grotto in Point Lookout next to a tricycle at the shoreline next to some other wreckage.
- One can be found in Point Lookout, in between the Cathedral and Calvert Mansion by the water on the Cathedral Side beach.
Fallout: New VegasEdit
- It can occasionally show up for sale by Old Lady Gibson at the Gibson Scrap Yard.
- It can occasionally show up for sale by Carter at the NCR Correctional Facility.
- It can occasionally show up for sale by Cliff Briscoe at the Dino Bite gift shop in Novac.
- Right as you walk in the front door of Brewer's beer bootlegging.
- Near the refrigerator missing its door in Gibson's Shack
- it can occasionally show up for sale by Blake at Crimson Caravan Company.
- It is likely that the developers were planning to use this as one of the components of the Rock-It Launcher, but changed their minds before releasing the game. This could be because the wood chipper would have caused the Rock-It Launcher to be too heavy to be worth carrying, taking up over 50 pounds of inventory. A leaf blower is actually used instead, which has an almost identical appearance to the wood chipper, but with a much lower weight. In fact, if you have the Rock-It Launcher equipped, you can see the words "Mister Chipper" written on the component that is supposed to be the leaf blower. Also, the main part of the weapon is actually a wood chipper with the loading chute and the fan intake on the left side.
- The wood chipper is the heaviest item in both Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, outweighing even power armor.