The infobox template in this article is missing some required data. You can help Nukapedia by filling it in.
|Far Harbor quest: Witch Hunt|
|Read the High Confessor's Note|
|(Optional) Speak to Sister Aubert|
|Search Sister Aubert's Bunk|
|Access Edgar and Aubert's Footlocker|
|Read Aubert's Note|
|(Optional) Confront Sister Aubert|
|Report What you've found to the High Confessor|
This quest is provided as part of the optional objective "Help the High Confessor" under What Atom Requires. Asking him if there's any work to be done will result in him demanding the player investigate a member of the cult for disloyalty, handing over the High Confessor's note. Reading the note reveals this person as Sister Aubert, at which point Edgar's note becomes available tucked under her bunk in the Vessel. Reading this note leads to the footlocker key near the entrance to the Nucleus, which opens Edgar and Aubert's footlocker back on the Vessel. Inside is Aubert's note, which denounces the High Confessor and accuses him of having Edgar killed.
At this point the player can either bring the note directly to the High Confessor, thus concluding the quest, receiving the Inquisitor's cowl, and presumably getting Aubert killed for her disloyalty, or they can confront Aubert. If the latter option is taken, she will beg for the note to be handed over so she can destroy it. The player can tell her to run, ask for payment (about 95 caps), hand the note over, or withhold the decision.
When talking to the High Confessor, the player has the option to lie (medium Charisma check) that Aubert is loyal, thus receiving the Inquisitor's cowl without condemning her. If the check fails and the note was given back to her, the only option is to lie and say that no proof was found. The High Confessor is disappointed with this result and keeps the cowl, but the quest concludes.
- Nick Valentine dislikes accepting this quest and likes refusing it. If Sister Aubert is successfully persuaded to speak poorly of Tektus and this is mentioned, he will dislike that as well.
- When confronting Sister Aubert with her note, Nick likes telling her to run, dislikes asking for a payoff, and loves giving the note back to her.
- Nick likes completing the quest by lying to Tektus, whether saying that no proof was turned up or convincing him that Aubert is loyal. He hates completing the quest by handing over the note.
- Hancock likes when you give Aubert's note back.
- Curie dislikes completing the quest by handing over the note.
- Independent of this quest, Sister Aubert can be persuaded to let slip that she dislikes Tektus. This can be mentioned to Tektus after receiving the quest, but aside from companion affinity changes it does not affect the quest's options and outcomes.
- It is possible to ask Aubert for a bribe before ultimately deciding whether to tell her to run or to give her back the note.
- If you successfully lied to Tektus, and speak to Sister Aubert afterwards, she will thank you for covering her, and reward you with the 95 caps anyway.
- If you have already told Tektus to speak with you privately during the quest Reformation, then you will not be able to finish the quest.