You can order anything you want. As long as it's corn or beans.”
William Farber is the cantankerous and much maligned cook for Camp McCarran.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Not Worth a Hill of Corn and Beans: Farber needs his food processor repaired as well as some spices to make meat taste better.
- Poor Meat Never Makes Good Soup: Farber needs to diversify and needs a reliable source of meat.
- Gland for Some Home Cooking: Farber has heard of Ruby's casserole and would like to sample it.
Effects of the player's actionsEdit
- He will give the Courier a discount on his wares if they can fix his food processor.
- He carries a large stock of purified water (50 bottles), as well as a large stock of certain other food items.
- The first time the Courier talks to him, he mistakes them for an NCR health inspector who scammed him recently for 50 caps.
- Even if the Courier is female, Farber will still mistake them for a male health inspector.
William Farber appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
His dialogue line "You can order anything you want. As long as it's corn or beans." is a reference to Henry Ford's famous answer when he was asked why Ford manufactured only black cars: "You can buy your car in any color you want, as long as it's black".
- ps3 xbox360 For some reason, he sometimes lacks any items or caps in his shop inventory, even after a supplier has been found. [verified]
- pc xbox360 A bug can occur when you try to speak to him that will cause the camera to zoom in as if you were going to speak to him but no dialogue options are available and then the camera will zoom out as if dialogue has ended even though you have not spoken to him. There is currently no known way to fix this. On the PC version pressing tab will fix the bug until the player tries to speak to him again. [verified]
- pc Farber will not take the food additive from your inventory, if you try to give him BEFORE speaking with Fitz. You can use setquestobject efae0 0 command to make the Food Additive a non-quest item. [verified]
- ps3 It is possible to not receive XP points even if you pass the Speech check (60) with Fitz. [verified]
- pc It is possible to have the food additive stuck in your inventory, with Farber's dialogue options remaining as if the quest is still going, even after fixing the food processor and making a deal for meat. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Farber will indirectly misgender female characters by stating that they 'look like a man that shook him down'. [verified]