Wildwood Cemetery is a historic cemetery founded in 1851. Once reserved for the graves of local dignitaries, it is now occupied by the decaying corpses of those who fall prey to the feral ghouls who litter the area or the raiders camped out here. This area has one of the largest collections of ghouls in a single spot in the entire game, and should be approached with caution, if not avoided altogether.
There are several tombs scattered about the cemetery, though most are blocked off or sealed. One of the tombs contains an altar with a figure made from two skeletal hands and a skull. At the center of the cemetery lies a tree with 4 glowing fungus around it.
- Total Hack issue #3 (contains the turret override program) - At the foot of the tree in the middle of the cemetery, illuminated by a stalk of glowing mushrooms directly beside it.
- A sizable amount of the hard-to-find crafting item bone in the crypts.
- This is a good spot to pick hubflower and carrot flower.
- A raider will spawn behind the player character, outside of the crypt after approaching the skull-altar.
- If the raider does not spawn immediately, be idle inside of the skull-altar for a few seconds.
- Twelve ghouls, one glowing ghoul, and at least one legendary ghoul may randomly spawn (depending on the difficulty and your character's level).
- It is possible to break the headstones by shooting at them or walking over them while in power armor.
- If Hancock is traveling with the player character he will comment "Guess just throwing them in a ditch wasn't good enough back then."
- If Preston is traveling with the player character he will comment "People had more respect for the dead in the old days. Now you're lucky if they even bother to bury you when you kick it."
- If Curie is traveling with the player character she will comment on how it makes no sense to bury the dead aside from being fertilizer.
- If Nick is traveling with the player character, he will comment "It's a little disheartening that this is one of the nicest places we've been."
- If Piper is traveling with the player character, she will make a remark about how the place reminds her of Diamond City - "rich folks up top, everyone else down below".
- Cait will comment on the cemetery by saying "I wonder if any of me ancestors are buried here."
- Deacon succinctly notes "Not a bad place to take a long nap."
Wildwood cemetery appears only in Fallout 4.
Behind the scenesEdit
- Wildwood Cemetery is a real-life cemetery in Winchester, Massachusetts, founded in 1851 following the donation of $3,000 to the town by William P. Winchester on the condition that the town be named after him.