Wild Card: You and What Army?
A big decision awaits
This is going to be great! I'm going to help you accomplish so much, whether I want to or not!”— Yes Man
|Main Quest: Wild Card: You and What Army?|
|Gain access to the weather monitoring station.|
|Destroy the vault's generators.||Use the platinum chip to upgrade the vault's securitrons.|
|Reward: 500 XP||Reward: 750 XP|
|Leads to: Wild Card: Side Bets, Wild Card: Change in Management, The House Always Wins, Render Unto Caesar|
The bunker is inside the weather station at the Fort. To gain access, have Caesar give you an optional part of the quest: to find the bunker and destroy it. If you accept, he will let you enter, at which point you can either destroy the army or activate it; Caesar will assume that the rumbling of the army activating was whatever you used to destroy it.
Option 1: Upgrade SecuritronsEdit
Traverse the Securitron vault and enter the door labeled "Computer Room Door." It can be found up the stairs in the hallway farthest west. Insert the platinum chip into the Securitron Operations Console.
Option 2: Disable ReactorsEdit
To disable the reactors, simply fire two rounds into each of the 3 reactor modules.
|40||(Optional) Find Mr. House's hidden bunker, buried beneath the Legion Stronghold at Fortification Hill.|
|43||Explore the bunker.|
|45||Quest finished||(Optional) Upgrade the Securitron army, to use later for your own purposes.|
|48||Quest finished||(Optional) Destroy the Securitron army by overloading the bunker's reactors.|
- Inside the Securitron vault there is a constant +1 RAD.
- Mr. House tells the player he cannot control anything in the vault and asks if you want you can disable the security, which would make one think he should have a password for the computers to disable the robots, and turrets, but does not offer one.
- Disabling the reactor will fail The House Always Wins quest.
- If you agree to "destroy" House's robot army, you'll get your stuff back inside the Weather Station, your belongings will be taken again once you are out.
- If you want to work with the NCR and you work with Yes Man for too long, Don't Tread on the Bear! will automatically begin. Complete one more quest for Mr. House or Yes Man, and the NCR won't give you anymore quests and any NCR quest active will fail.
- pc If you pass the Speech check for meds with the guard at the front gate, your weapons will not be confiscated either. This leads to becoming trapped in the weather station, with the guard saying it's okay to leave but not actually unlocking the door. Excluding console commands, the only way to get out is to sneak attack the door guard and take his key; a good position for the sneak attack is the stairway leading to the vault, as the Praetorian guards can't see you no matter your Sneak skill. (FIXED v. 1.4) [verified]
- ps3 xbox360 A bug may occur where you are unable to engage in conversation with Caesar and/or Vulpes Inculta. The screen will zoom in on him, then instantly zoom out. [verified]