Westside is a part of New Vegas, just as much as it's a part of the Wasteland. In the end, stranger, we need them both to continue making our fate.”
The Westside is a district of New Vegas, located west of the New Vegas Strip. Though it is one of the poorer residential areas of the city, it houses its own militia and considers themselves apart from the city. Westside became more or less self-sufficient, growing its own food and maintaining its own water supply.
The residents often complain of problems with the Fiends, who often harass and even kill them in constant raids. A smaller gang, the Scorpions, also have a large presence and are situated around the southern outskirts.
While it appears poor and run down at first glance, the community produces enough food, clothes, weapons and medicine to encourage trade. The locals prize their independence and work hard for the common good. The Westside Co-op formed to better organize their work, eventually creating enough food to both meet the needs of the community and trade with the outside.
Westside Militia maintains order and defends the settlement from Fiends and wildlife. Named members include Klamath Bob, Mean Sonofabitch, and Judah Kreger. A former Follower, Tom Anderson works with the citizens to keep Westside independent from the New California Republic, often saying the NCR should go home as "their people must miss them" or "we don't need the NCR here."
The residents of the fortified Westside zone have a small, but tight-knit community based around growing crops for themselves, and to sell to travelers and larger factions. Currently embroiled in tense negotiations with the NCR regarding the siphoning of their water supplies, the Westside Co-op features a motley band of folk, including an escapee from New Reno named Clayton Etienne, and a Follower of the Apocalypse called Tom Anderson, who is single-minded in his defense of this operation.
The larger part of the neighborhood, exposed to the Mojave Wasteland, is surrounded by a small network of walls, while the residential and commercial area is walled completely, except for two gates. The Westside's services include a food store, a brothel, a liquor store, a pawn shop, and a fighting arena where matches can both be fought and bet upon.
The New Vegas Westside proper has east and south entrances. The Thorn and the Casa Madrid Apartments lie outside the southern entrance to the residential area but within the outer wall. The Sunset Sarsaparilla Headquarters, which is south of the Westside, is about halfway in between the Westside and the South Vegas Ruins.
- Tom Anderson
- Dermot, prospector.
- Clayton Etienne, owner of Westside Co-op.
- Jimmy, prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Judah Kreger, farmer and security.
- Klamath Bob, liquor Store Owner.
- Marco, owner of Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Maude, prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Mean Sonofabitch, escaped super mutant slave.
- Pretty Sarah, madame at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Saint James, slaver.
- Sweetie, prostitute at Casa Madrid Apartments.
- Westside residents
- Westside citizens
- cut Wrench
- All non-unique Westside residents (i.e. Westside militia members and Westside residents) will respawn after three days if killed. Westside militia at the perimeter of the community will periodically get into firefights with randomly spawned Fiends.
- The truck next to Miguel's Pawn Shop is explosive and can be used to kill or injure residents without affecting reputation, karma, or game stats.
- When brought here for the first time, Arcade Gannon will say either, "Westside, huh? I passed through here with another Follower a while back, Anderson. The locals were having a lot of trouble getting water through." or "Westside, huh? I heard about what happened with Anderson. Can't say I'm surprised. He was always a fringe operator in the Followers." depending on the Courier's actions in The White Wash. 
- In dialogue files, Westside's name is replaced with "Doldrums" and "VegasWest" in the topic names. 
Westside appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
- ↑ Fallout: New Vegas Official Game Guide
- ↑ VFSArcadeGannon.txt#GREETING: See prompt 23 & 24
- ↑ WestsideMiguel.txt: For "Doldrums", see "VDialogueDoldrums1EAngeloTopic000" and "VDialogueDoldrums1EAngeloTopic001". KlamathBob.txt: For "VegasWest", see all topic names sans "GREETING" and "GOODBYE".