Fallout: New VegasEdit
Like Fallout 3, the effect is obtained by sleeping in a bed you own (e.g. in your Lucky 38 presidential suite or Dino Dee-lite motel room) or sleeping with certain characters like Sarah Weintraub, Red Lucy, or Joana at Gomorrah.
There's also a queen bed in the bungalow in the last row of Jacobstown, which gives the Well Rested bonus when slept in.
- Well Rested is actually listed as a hidden perk within the G.E.C.K. Editor for PC, and even shares the same Vault Boy image as Swift Learner.
- The 10% experience bonus stacks multiplicatively other bonuses.
- The Well Rested bonus will show on your Pip-Boy 3000 under the EFF in the Stats tab.
- It is possible to sleep for zero hours by canceling the sleep as soon as the background goes black, and before any time counts down. You will still receive the bonus.
- The bonus lasts for twelve hours from the time you awake, regardless of how long you sleep. If you sleep in any bed, it will cancel the effect. But if it is an owned bed, it will return immediately.
- You can be well rested and have sleep deprivation at the same time by having sex near the sleep deprivation threshold.
- Travel to Zion will remove this status. Travel to and from Big Empty does not. Curiously, even though travel to the Divide takes time, it does not remove this. So you can move from an owned bed to the Canyon wreckage and travel to the Divide with a few hours of bonus time left.