Well Rested condition image in Fallout 4
Well Rested condition image in Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas
Fallout: New VegasEdit
Like Fallout 3, the effect is obtained by sleeping in an owned bed (e.g. in the Lucky 38 presidential suite or Dino Dee-lite motel room), safe house beds, or sleeping with certain characters like Sarah Weintraub, Red Lucy, or Joana at Gomorrah.
There's also a queen bed in the bungalow in the last row of Jacobstown, which gives the Well Rested bonus when slept in.
You had a great sleep, and feel alert and invigorated! +10% XP earned for a limited time.”
The Well Rested effect is now considered a temporary perk and is obtained by sleeping in any unowned bed.
If sleeping while in the company of a companion with a romantic relationship, instead of the Well Rested perk, the Sole Survivor will instead receive the Lover's Embrace temporary perk, which increases XP earned by 15%.
- Well Rested is actually listed as a hidden perk within the G.E.C.K. Editor for PC, and even shares the same Vault Boy image as Swift Learner.
- The 10% XP bonus stacks multiplicatively other bonuses.
- The Well Rested bonus will show on the Pip-Boy 3000 under the EFF in the Stats tab.
- It is possible to sleep for zero hours by canceling the sleep as soon as the background goes black, and before any time counts down. The bonus is still received.
- The bonus lasts for twelve hours from the time of waking up, regardless of length of sleep. Sleeping in any bed will cancel the effect. But if it is an owned bed, it will return immediately.
- It is possible to be well rested and have sleep deprivation at the same time by having sex near the sleep deprivation threshold.
- Traveling to Zion will remove this status. Traveling to and from Big Empty does not. Curiously, even though travel to the Divide takes time, it does not remove this. So one can move from an owned bed to the Canyon wreckage and travel to the Divide with a few hours of bonus time left.