The weapons workbench is a crafting station in Fallout 4.
When applying a weapon mod, the name of the weapon can change, even allowing to turn into a better variant, like making rifles from pistols. One can also choose to rename a weapon themselves.
To create a mod, specific materials are required, as well as the corresponding perks, Gun Nut for guns, Blacksmith for melee weapons and Science! for energetic weapons. Some mods requires two of the perks at once, such as night vision scopes mods for sniper rifles.
There are two different looking versions of the weapons workbench found in Fallout 4. However, they are functionally identical in every way, and thus it does not matter which one is used under any circumstance.
Standing gas tank variant:
Weapons workbench (1)
Shelved gas tank variant:
Weapons workbench (1)
Fallout 4 locationsEdit
These are associated with the workbench for the settlement. The player character will not be able to access these until they are aligned with the corresponding settlement.
These can be used at any time by the player character.
- One on the roof and another in the basement of the Gunners plaza.
- Inside the Combat Zone.
- Several inside The Prydwen.
- Diamond City market, at the Commonwealth Weaponry.
- Outside Corvega assembly plant, inside "Mass Chemical" building.
- Lexington, on the back of a Red Rocket gas station, next to a Power armor station.
- Lexington, on rooftop overlooking a Red Rocket gas station.
- Beantown Brewery, by Tower Toms terminal.
- Andrew station, upstairs.
- South Boston military checkpoint.
- One at a raider camp South of South Boston military checkpoint.
- Parkview Apartments, on the ground floor.
- Kendall Hospital.
- One inside the Red Rocket gas station North East of College Square.
- One in the Gunner camp at the broken highway just West of Skylanes Flight 1981.
- Cambridge neighborhood, Super Mutant High Rise, near Mass Chemical.
- Next to Super Mutant High Rise is a parking garage with a workbench on the ground level
- HalluciGen, Inc.
- Pickman Gallery
- Breakheart Banks
- East Boston Preparatory School
- Mass Pike Interchange
- Haymarket Mall
- Robotics disposal ground
Item & world manipulationEdit
There are two different looking versions of the weapons workbench available.