The weapons lab is where much of the aliens' more offensive technology is tested. This facility is located on the upper level of Mothership Zeta through a door leading from the observation deck. As the name indicates, the Lab is the place where alien weapons are being created, thus you can find many standard weapons as well as several unique versions of these weapons.
After passing through the door near the teleporter that has inconveniently been deactivated, you will enter a large room. Immediately, you should notice two alien turrets firing at you from the ceiling. Additionally, a couple of aliens and a guardian drone inhabit this room. If you head southwest, you can find a small room on the right (open it via the control panel just next to it with a science check of 75) that holds the atomic pulverizer, which is a slightly upgraded version of the alien atomizer.
Continue through this passageway, and you will come to a three-way intersection. Left is a blocked passageway, right goes to a flight of stairs. Go up the stairs and then take the first left. You will find yourself on the platform from which the aliens you first encountered in this room were targeting you. On this level there is a healing archway to the left and a control panel for opening up the next area. After activating the control panel, go south down a set of stairs from the platform and then proceed to a another alien/drone-infested room via the east door. Continue on until you enter a room full of weapons and armor for the taking.
This is also the only place where experimental weapons drones can be found. Outside of the experimental drone room, the control panel for alien captive log 24 can be found. After your shopping spree, you can go through a door to the north and explore a range/training area, which allows you to receive Xenotech Expert perk. But to move onward with the mission, go to the southeast door into the experimentation lab.
Obtaining Xenotech Expert perkEdit
To get this perk, the player character must find a "shooting range" in the weapons lab (a room with an alien atomizer and an alien disintegrator next to a switch). The ranges are in approximately the center of the map north-to-south, and on the eastern side. Activating the switch closest to the door summons brahmin, while activating the far switch teleports enemies abducted by the aliens to a second range.
In order to get the perk, 10 enemies must be killed with alien weapons consecutively. There are four types of enemies at the second range:
- 87 alien power cells on a counter, usable with the alien blaster, in the room with other human and alien technology consisting of several ordinary alien weapons and a Gatling laser (south in local map).
- Destabilizer (unique version of alien disintegrator) on a shelf in the training area, next to exit (B on the map).
- Atomic pulverizer (unique version of alien atomizer), as well as a Buttercup toy, in the room behind unlockable door in one of the corridors (D on the map), plus even more alien power cells on the same shelf.
- Two drone cannon Ex-Bs (unique drone cannon), obtainable by killing the experimental weapons drones (C on the map).
- Alien captive recorded log 24 in the same room as the alien power cells.
- Buttercup toy on a shelf in a room containing a drone pod; near the stairs to a long hallway.
- This is one of many areas of the ship that will not be accessible after This Galaxy Ain't Big Enough... has been completed.
- Albino radscorpions can make their way out of the shooting range to attack the player, as well as glitch into the ceiling and floor.
- In the first room you can find a teddy bear and a garden gnome sleeping in tiny stasis chambers; they're on a small balcony near the ceiling.
- It is not possible to access the part of the "firing range" where the raiders etc. teleport in - they can only be shot at from the balcony above.
- However, it is possible to access this "firing range using the "unarmed teleport" glitch. Wait until a Giant Radscorpion is close, then use VATS to attack with an unarmed weapon. If you can get more than a zero attack chance in VATS, you will "teleport" down to the gallery floor. You can access the dead raiders and the (nonfunctional) teleporters in the gallery, but you CANNOT get back without console commands.
- After spawning large numbers of creatures and raiders it is possible for the frame rate to drop.
<imap map-id=2956 />