Weapon binding ritual
The tribal version of Psycho, this ritual is performed shortly before battle by many tribals to numb the pain done to their limbs, sharpen their minds, and steel their fighting spirit, making them deadly in hand-to-hand combat.
This item gives flavor text when activating it. It reads:
You have sacrificed a portion of your life's blood to become one with your weapon.
Your eyes will be keen, your limbs will not break, and your claws will strike like thunder.
Fight only with your hands, or the weapons of your hands to know this glory in combat.”
This item can be crafted by the player.
healing powder (1)
leather belt (1)
Melee Weapons: 25
Honest Hearts add-on
Weapon binding ritual (1)
- Zion Canyon - Can be found on members of the White Legs tribe, and is sold by Joshua Graham before completion of the main Honest Hearts questline.
- Weapon binding ritual creates a screen blurring effect in order to give a sense of adrenaline.
- From a damage perspective, weapon binding ritual gives a larger damage boost than psycho when your weapon's damage is less than 40. When your weapon's damage is over 40, psycho gives the larger damage boost.
- Weapons like the Ripper, Industrial hand, Chainsaw and the Thermic lance get the most out of weapon binding ritual, as they attack the enemy at extremely high rates, and each hit is boosted by 10 points. Furthermore, these weapons ignore Damage Resistance and Damage Threshold, ensuring maximum potential for each boosted hit.
- Apart from its damage potential, weapon binding ritual provides very powerful benefits (it heals limbs even in Hardcore mode, plus provides a two-minute boost to close-range combat) for very little drawback (it's non-addictive and drains a maximum of 4 hit points).