We Will All Go Together
Thank you, every tag you bring me is one more soldier at peace.”— First Sergeant Astor, Fallout: New Vegas
|Side Quest: We Will All Go Together|
|Collect irradiated NCR dogtags from ghoulified NCR troopers within Camp Searchlight.|
|Once all ghoul dogtags have been found, return to First Sergeant Astor.|
|Reward: Caps (25) (per dogtag)|
Service rifle (for all 10 dogtags)
25 XP (per dogtag)
First Sergeant: Last Man StandingEdit
The irradiated town and NCR base known as Camp Searchlight has been transformed into a nuclear nightmare. Feral trooper ghouls roam the irradiated town, attacking anyone unfortunate enough to cross their path. A small camp just to the west of the town's radiation signs is home to a squad of NCR soldiers, being led by First Sergeant Astor. One can ask about what has happened, which begins the Eye for an Eye quest. Continuing further into the dialogue, and Astor details that he was stationed at Camp Searchlight before the incident. Asking him if there were any survivors, he will mention that his comrades have been transformed into feral ghouls, and deserve a soldier's death. He is not willing to kill them himself, but wonders if they would be willing to do it for him. Astor requests that they bring them their dogtags to him in return for caps for each dogtag, and a service rifle in exchange for 10. He then provides Rad-X and Radaway to counteract the cloud of radiation hanging over Searchlight.
Although Astor mentions he wants at least ten dogtags found, there are only ten on the local ghouls in Camp Searchlight, and cannot be turned into Quartermaster Mayes like the usual NCR dogtags because they're "irradiated." One must move forward into Searchlight, and wipe out each and every one of the feral trooper ghouls in the area. (pay special attention to those wearing NCR uniforms). There are 9 of these tags to be found in this manner. Several feral trooper ghouls can be found:
- Close to the police station.
- By the fire station.
- In the vicinity of the chapel, and the NCR storage area on the west side of town.
- Near the turrets on the far east of town.
Not all ten dogtags can be found from these ghouls. To finish the quest, either search the dwellings in and around town, and locate any additional bodies in there, or deal with Private Edwards.
Another dogtag is around the neck of an NCR soldier inside a Searchlight home southeast of the west chapel (the single story white building). Enter the house and confront the ghoulified trooper: Private Edwards.
Or begin a conversation. He introduces himself as Private Kyle Edwards. He's still of sane mind, but after being ghoulified, he knows he will be shot at by his former colleagues before he can explain he's not feral. It is possible to have a conversation about him and his life, but to complete this quest, the Courier must tell him they have noticed he's wearing an NCR dogtag. At this point, they can:
- Ask for the dogtag, which he won't give up.
- Tell him that his humanity is a part of him, and not in the dogtag. He agrees, and hands it over.
- Using superior physicality to intimidate him into giving it up.
Or tell him Astor wants to kill him for his dog tag because he thinks everyone in Searchlight is feral. After that, the conversation can be changed, or:
- Convince him to try to kill Astor. He agrees and leaves the home. At this point, he may be killed by radscorpions, shot by the Courier, or shot by Astor and his team. If Astor dies, the quest fails, and the rewards cannot be received.
One can also ask "there must be someplace you can go." Edwards says he's afraid of the radiation. Ask if that's "the only thing you're afraid of," and Edwards admits he's scared of radscorpions, too. At this point, one can:
- Lie to Edwards about having killed all the radscorpions. Thinking it is now safe to leave, Edwards departs, and is set upon by these monsters.
- He can die, and becomes lootable for the dogtag.
- He can survive, and one must kill him, and loot the dogtag.
- Head outside, kill every last radscorpion, and return to Edwards, and explain the eradication.
Edwards still won't leave the house. Return to First Sergeant Astor, and explain Edwards' predicament. Although Astor would shoot him on sight, he explains that there's a Ranger station north of Searchlight that might be interested in taking him in; they have ghouls there, too. Tell Edwards this; he'll set his dogtags down next to him and sets off for Ranger station Echo.
- After killing the radscorpions and returning to Edwards, as above, if one returns to First Sergeant Astor and explains Private Edwards predicament, Astor will first say that Edwards should be put down. But after explaining that Edwards is not feral and after passing Astor's Speech or Intelligence challenges, Astor will give Edwards a chance to join his camp. Note if dogtags have already been obtained, the dialogue option to convince Astor to let Edwards rejoin is not available.
- Return to Edwards and again do as posted above. Ask for the dogtag, which Edwards won't want to give up.
- Tell him his humanity is a part of him, and not the dogtag.
If successful Edwards will reluctantly hand over his dogtag.
- Only then should Edwards be told that Astor will allow him to join the NCR patrol at Camp Searchlight.
- Private Edwards will then express his thanks, and will provide a reward of 50 caps, and the game will grant some Good Karma.
Private Edwards then sets off for Astor's tent at Camp Searchlight.
When Private Edward's situation has been resolved, return to First Sergeant Astor, and cash in the dogtags. One can do this at any time.
|1||Collect Dog Tags from ghoul NCR troopers within Camp Searchlight and take them to First Sergeant Astor.|
|2||Quest finished||All ghoul dog tags found, return to First Sergeant Astor.|
- If Private Edwards joins First Sergeant Astor, Edwards will not go on Astor's patrols, but he will remain at the Camp Searchlight tent.
- Private Edwards will defend against a random patrol of Caesar's Legion that some times re-spawn either on the road, or behind the tent at Camp Searchlight.
- The general vicinity east of Camp Searchlight is patrolled by re-spawning feral ghoul NCR troopers of various types as far north as the Coyote Mines to as far south as the outskirts of the Searchlight Airport. These ghouls do not carry dogtags, but roam nearby enough that they may register on the compass.
- If Pvt. Edwards is allowed to get killed by the radscorpions, a loss of Karma will be awarded.
- If stated that "there are plenty of places out in the wasteland" when Pvt. Edwards asks for suggestions on where to go, he will set off for the Mesquite Mountains camp site, which is ironically inhabited by radscorpions.
Behind the scenesEdit
The quest title refers to the song "We Will All Go Together When We Go" by Tom Lehrer. The lyrics for the song talk about the inevitably total devastation of nuclear war in a darkly humorous manner with a light upbeat melody.
- xbox360 Occasionally, speaking with Edwards won't present any special dialogue options (intimidation, attacking Astor, etc.), and his dogtag will not be in the inventory if you kill him. The marker on the map will show the center of town, but no ghouls or corpses will be present making it impossible to complete this quest. PC users can use player.additem 0013fe77 1 to add a dogtag to your inventory, which can be presented to Astor for the reward . Alternatively go back to the house where Private Edwards was and look around on the floor, you may sometimes find the 10th set of dogtags lying on the floor. [verified]
- pc If you happen to get the dogtag from private Edwards and then want to help him join Astor or get him to leave the house you have to reset (resetquest 0014050C) the quest first. Then speak to Astor and get the quest again. Then go back to Edwards and resurrect him so he respawns with the dogtag. Do player.additem and add 9 dogtags. Speak to Edwards and tell him you'll speak to Astor. Give him the 9 tags then speak to him about Edwards. Convince him and then go tell Edwards. Edwards will run off and drop the tag again which you can give to Astor to complete the quest. If he doesn't drop it again then just do player.additem 1 more time and give it to Astor. [verified]
- xbox360 If you send him to Ranger Station Echo, Private Edwards can get stuck in the mountains south of Station Echo. [verified]
- xbox360 Some times he stands outside his house and doesn't give you his dogtag after you convince him to go to the ranger station. [verified]