We Are Legion
Kill all NCR Officers at Camp Forlorn Hope
If you're so eager to see Camp Forlorn Hope fall, why don't you go attack it all by yourself? Well?”— Dead Sea
|Side Quest: We Are Legion|
|Kill 4 named NCR "officers" at Camp Forlorn Hope: (Major Polatli, Quartermaster Mayes, Tech Sergeant Reyes, Dr. Richards)|
|Report back to Dead Sea and inform him of your victory.|
|Reward: Liberator, 300 XP, and Legion fame|
Note: Many of these officers are involved in the quest Restoring Hope, and completing this quest will cause the opposite quest to fail. Other quests that begin in or involve the camp can be completed if they are finished first.
- Many soldiers at Camp Forlorn Hope can level with the player, at higher levels the player can expect to see NCR heavy troopers (near the Command tent) and NCR Veteran Rangers (in the towers).
- Quartermaster Mayes walks around outside, he often has other soldiers nearby.
- Dr. Richards is in the medical tent most of the time.
- Tech Sergeant Reyes rarely leaves the command tent, she does not sleep.
- Major Polatli can wander, though he spends a large amount of time inside the command tent.
- If you have completed Three-Card Bounty, the 1st Recon team will be in the camp including Corporal Sterling who holds the La Longue Carabine, this can make the quest trickier as the camp is more heavily defended.
- Completing the quest Back in Your Own Backyard by rescuing the NCR troopers or mercy killing them will make Dead Sea permanently hostile to the player, preventing this quest from ever being completed.
- Completing the quest does not create a Legion presence at Camp Forlorn Hope, NCR forces will continue to spawn at the location and will only be wiped out during the epilogue.
Behind the scenesEdit
The title of this is a play on words. On one level, it simply means that you are working with the Legion; that is, for Caesar. However, it also evokes Mark 5:9 of the New Testament Bible, in which Jesus conducts an exorcism: "Then Jesus asked it [the possessing spirit], "What is your name?" "My name is Legion," it replied, "for we are many."