| ||For the NCR trooper, see Watkins (Fallout: New Vegas).|
Head Scribe Taggart quickly realized my extraordinary talent when I took the mandatory VR combat testing.”
Watkins is an initiate with the Mojave Brotherhood of Steel and she recently became eligible for journeyman status. Both of her parents died during the defense of HELIOS One and she has to choose if she wants to follow her mother, a knight, or follow in her father's footsteps and become a scribe.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- Pistol Packing: The player can talk to her to find out where the missing laser pistol was dropped.
- When you speak directly to her, she has the voice of a young girl; when she speaks outside of direct dialogue, her voice changes to that of a woman.
- Watkins has an on-going, mutual dislike of Veronica Santangelo. When the Courier is accompanied by Veronica, she will make a snide comment to Watkins about her lazy eye. Watkins will reply "I see you're still hiding your hair with that hood". On subsequent visits to Watkin's area, Veronica will angrily mutter "Watkins!", while cheerily greeting other named characters in the Bunker.
- Paladin Ramos says that he was going to save Stanton and Watkins, but that she is a hell of a shot.
- "Don't tell him I told you this, but when those scorpions surrounded us, I'd bet a week's rations he pissed himself!"
- "That was so much fun! The wind whipping through our hair, not knowing what was going to jump out at us at any moment."
- "Head Scribe Taggart quickly realized my extraordinary talent when I took the mandatory VR combat testing."
- "Yeah, a lot more. Back when we were at the HELIOS station. Er, crap."
- "It's our virtual reality training hall. We don't really go out all that often anymore, so this is how we stay sharp."
Melissa Watkins appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.