Water towers are large elevated water storage containers constructed for the purpose of holding a water supply at a height sufficient to pressurize a water distribution system. In the Capital Wasteland, they can usually be found in vicinity of pre-War settlements, such as Springvale, the ghost town of Minefield, or up the hill near the Super-Duper Mart.
Although they have suffered 200 years of disrepair, water towers still contain water and can be used to replenish health at the cost of a moderate amount of radiation.
The locations of water towers are spread out over the entire wasteland. Locations are listed below.
- On top of the water purifier in Megaton.
- On the eastern side of the Montgomery County Reservoir.
- Near the farm in the proximity of Old Olney.
- Outside Vault 101.
- Near the National Guard depot.
- On top of the hill behind Minefield.