I've seen the ground reaching to the sky with its outstretched arms. The Wasteland is reborn!”
The merchant appears high on some sort of drug, and rambles about the wasteland being alive. He dies as the Lone Wanderer tries to make sense out of him. The wasteland merchant note which can be taken from his corpse explains that he was offered a drink from the strange residents of some "green mountain."
The corpses of two other wasteland merchants are located in the Deathclaw Sanctuary. They can be found in piles of gore and bodies. Both carry a decent ammount of supplies.
Interactions with the player characterEdit
- His homestation clearly seems to be Megaton, as he has the lines "Carting his things back to Megaton" as well as "Folks in Megaton won't be needing it anymore". The latter line refers to the town being blown up by the atomic bomb in the town center.
- After the encounter with the living merchant, a marker for Oasis will appear on the Pip-Boy map if it was not already there.
- "I saw life! Life is returning to the Wastes! The Great One brings it to all of us!"
- "I've seen the ground reaching to the sky with its outstretched arms. The Wasteland is reborn!"
- "Don't you see? The Great One has gifted us all! It's a second chance!"
The wasteland merchant appears only in Fallout 3.