Master the post-apocalypse! With your gun, aim at any Wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.”— Rank 1 description
|1||CH 9||Master the post-apocalypse! With your gun, aim at any Wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.||001d248a|
|2||CH 9, LVL 21||When you successfully pacify a creature, you can incite it to attack.||001d248b|
|3||CH 9, LVL 49||When you successfully pacify a creature, you can give it specific commands.||001d248c|
To use this perk, you must aim a ranged weapon at a wasteland creature and press your interact button (X on PS4, A on XBOX). This perk is not guaranteed to work, even on enemies with a significantly lower level than yours. Once an attempt is made, another is possible after waiting a short amount of time. If successful, a mini animation of the vault boy will pop up and the target will become friendly according to your HUD; however, it will become hostile if you holster your gun. Similarly, if you do an action that requires holstering your gun (e.g. exiting a suit of power armor) the creature will become hostile again.
Once intimidated, the creature appears to lose its faction allegiance but will still react to crimes committed against them. For example, an intimidated enemy will not attack if their allies are wounded/killed. Note that damaging/killing one intimidated enemy will have no effects on other intimidated enemies, only that specific individual.
Pacifiable wasteland creaturesEdit
The Sole Survivor will sometimes make species specific comments when pacifying and inciting targets.
|Feral ghoul||"Calm down, ya freak!"||"Avenge your pain! Kill!"||?|
|Super mutant||"Stop! Human is friend..."||"Super mutant! Kill everything!"||?|
|Mirelurk||"Whoa, crabby!"||"For the sea kingdom! Attack!"||?|
|Radroach||"Don't move, roach..."||"(Buzzing), attack!"||?|
|Radscorpion||"Nice giant scorpion"||"(Insect Clicking) Attack!"||?|
|Deathclaw||"Ho ho, now girl. It's all right."||"Ripp em' to shreds!"||?|
|Bloatfly||"Hey Buzz Buzz"||"Kill! Infest!"||?|
|Bloodbug||"There's a mosquito"||"Smell the blood. Feast!"||?|
|Stingwing||"Good Wasp... Thing."||"Kill!", "Attack!"||?|
|Synth||"Stop right there!"||?||?|
- Pacifying an enemy with this perk will not satisfy any objective that requires clearing enemies out of an area, meaning you will have to dispose of them before the objective is counted as complete.
- It's worth noting that this perk can be used on Legendary enemies.
- This is the most versatile of the Pacify/Incite/Command perks (the others being Animal Friend and Intimidation) since very common enemies like ghouls, super mutants, and mirelurks are vulnerable to it.
- Though super mutants are vulnerable to Wasteland Whisperer, their hounds are not. Mutant Hounds require the Animal Friend perk to pacify.
- The player must be within a certain range of the target to attempt to pacify it. If the pacify attempt is successful, the player must still move closer to the target if they wish to Incite/Command it.
- Pacifying, inciting, or commanding multiple enemies is possible. Pacifying one enemy will not "unpacify" another. If you try to command two hostile enemies at once, the latest one will be under your control while the other one will attack you.
- Additional ranks in this perk also increase the chance of a successful pacification.
- With the Wasteland Workshop DLC installed, this perk can be used on creatures that have been captured in a cage even if there is an active Beta wave emitter in the respective settlement. Doing so does not give the player actual control over the creature, however. In fact, it has no effect at all as long as the Sole Survivor doesn't holster their weapon, in which case the creature will turn hostile as usual regardless of the emitter.
- pc xboxone ps4 If you will pacify a super mutant suicider and then shoot him, so he will become hostile again. If the glitch triggers, you will see him not moving, holding an invisible nuke that emits red light. The nuke won't blow up during this glitch.
- pc xboxone ps4 Wearing a power armor helmet with the Targeting HUD mod while using any rank of this ability will still display the vault boy animation when a successful pacification is made, however the enemy will remain hostile and unresponsive to being incited to attack, or given commands. Likewise, if that power armor helmet is equipped after the creature has been pacified, it will become hostile again. An easy solution is to unequip the power armor helmet before attempting any pacification.
EDIT: This is only true IF you pacify PRIOR to the target mark occurring. With multiple tests, if the recon tag affects the enemy before pacify, both can simultaneously affect the target. (And then you have a marker showing where they are!) [verification overdue]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.