We've got the basics covered, but now that you mention it, we have had unusual requests from some of our wealthier customers. If you can recruit escorts to match these customers'... proclivities... I'd be willing to pay you finder's fees.”— James Garret
|Side Quest: Wang Dang Atomic Tango|
|Speak with James Garret at the Atomic Wrangler casino to start the quest.|
|Find a 'cowboy' ghoul: Beatrix Russell in the Old Mormon Fort.|
|Find a "smooth talker": Santiago or Old Ben. You can find Santiago at the back of the abandoned building right across from Mick & Ralph's shop, and Old Ben near the gate to the Strip.|
|Find a "sex-bot": Fisto, can be found at Cerulean Robotics. If the player does not have a Science of 50 or higher, there is an access card inside a tool cabinet on the opposing wall of the terminal. Speak to Ralph at Mick & Ralph's about a holotape for the robot, then upload it into the computer at Cerulean to activate Fisto. The robot can also be programmed with a Science check of 60, bypassing the need to buy the holotape altogether.|
|Return to James to finish the quest.|
|Reward: 150-400 caps, and 450 XP|
The quest begins by speaking to James Garret, one of the Garret Twins, who are the owners of the Atomic Wrangler casino in Freeside. Ask James if he has any work for you, and he will propose that you find him suitable "escorts" for clientele with very specific interests. He has three unique requests: A ghoul dressed up in a cowboy suit, a smooth talker, and a robot.
Recruit a real ghoul cowboyEdit
The ghoul wearing a cowboy outfit is Beatrix Russell at The Old Mormon Fort. Convincing her takes either a Speech check (35) or a Barter check (35), otherwise you can bribe her with a bottle of absinthe. When she agrees you can either head to the Atomic Wrangler to get paid for the first escort, or find the other two first.
Recruit a suave talkerEdit
The smooth talker can be either Santiago, one of the dead beats Francine Garret hires you to find in the quest Debt Collector, or Old Ben, the chatty stranger standing outside the North Gates to the Strip. To recruit Santiago, just ask. For Old Ben, you'll need 50 Speech or the Confirmed Bachelor or Black Widow perk. It is possible to get both smooth talkers to agree, however only one will give you the reward. If you chose Santiago AND Old Ben, Ben will show up at the Wrangler but you will receive no reward nor can you receive his services.
Recruit a sexbotEdit
The robot is found at Cerulean Robotics (see that page for directions). There are a few giant rats inside, and the large assembly room contains a robot in stasis. The computer is an average hack (50 Science). There is a keycard to unlock the computer. It is behind an average lock on the far right cabinet in the assembly room. The key to this cabinet is on the floor in front of the television under the decayed corpse. Once in the computer, you must upload an operating program.
The robot can be programmed without the holotape if your Science skill is 60 or higher. After performing this upgrade in the factory, Fisto will offer a dialogue option to provide a 'service', if you accept no damage is done but you will be able to complain about not being able to feel your legs.
Alternately, to get a holotape program to upload to the robot, visit Ralph at Mick & Ralph's. He will mention the robot at Cerulean, and then will agree to write the program for 150 caps, telling you it will take a couple days. If you have 50 Speech or 50 Barter however, he will make it for free, or if you have 35 Speech then it will only cost 100 caps. It will take about 24 game hours to be ready. Take the program back to Cerulean and upload it to the robot. It will power up and you will have a chance to "test it out". The screen goes dark and you can hear a peculiar drilling sound. After the 'testing' has ended, your character experiences numbness, which 'is normal'. Whether you choose to test it or not, you inform the sexbot that its owner is James Garret and it heads to the Atomic Wrangler.
With all three escorts found, head back to speak to James about your pay. This will finish the quest.
|The following is based on the Wild Wasteland trait and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
- When exiting Cerulean Robotics the Courier is set upon by three old ladies (Maud's Muggers), armed with rolling pins, pre-War spring outfits, and will attempt to kill the player. This is a reference to the Monty Python skit "Hell's Grannies", a gang of elderly women.
|End of information based on the Wild Wasteland trait.|
- James' dialogue upon being informed about Fisto implies that it is for his own "interests".
- If the Courier has bad reputation in Freeside he/she cannot complete this quest via holotape, as Ralph will refuse to talk to him/her, therefore not letting the Courier buy the holotape, but this can be combatted through paying James to boost your reputation. This can be circumvented by getting a Science of 60.
- When the Courier reports back to Garret. If you chose Old Ben as the suave talker you'll get an additional 500 XP.
- Upon completion of the quest, the Courier may enlist the services of the newly recruited escorts.
- There is no need to protect or follow the acquired escorts; They will arrive without being damaged.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of this quest is a reference to The Wang Dang Taffy-Apple Tango, a pop song written by J. Leslie McFarland and Aaron Schroeder. Pat Boone recorded and released the song in 1959.
- ps3 xbox360 If you ask Ralph for the holotape and then upload the program to Fisto by passing the Science check, the holotape will become stuck in your inventory as a quest item. It displays a weight of 1, but it does not add any weight like all other quest items. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 If you obtained Fisto the sexbot, every time you talk to him but do not purchase his "goods" 10 bottle caps will be added to your inventory. [verified]
- ps3 Once Fisto has left the building, if you try to head to the Old Mormon Fort the game may start lagging heavily and eventually freeze, forcing you to restart the console. [verified]
- Solution: Heading through a door leading to Freeside first and then heading to the Old Mormon Fort. This should prevent any lagging or freezing.
- pc xbox360 If you recruit Santiago before Old Ben but still recruit Old Ben afterwards using the 50 speech option, he will make his way to the Atomic Wrangler yet will not work there, and you cannot receive payment for recruiting him; however, if you talk to Old Ben you'll see another opportunity to enter the same 50 speech option which in turn gives you 50 xp, and you can repeat this as many times as you like. [verified]