| ||For the ice cold variant, see Ice cold Vim Quartz.|
Vim! Pop Incorporated was in a dispute with Nuka-Cola over the use of "Quartz" in the drink title, as the latter company had already produced a drink with the name "Quartz," which is a special glowing white version of their signature drink, Nuka-Cola Quartz, which was regional exclusive in the Southwest Commonwealth. Nuka-Cola eventually won out, and it was predicted that Vim Quartz would be off the shelves by the following year. However, the bombs fell before any repercussions could take place.
Vim Quartz is one of the four known Vim flavors. The soft drink comes in a transparent glass bottle and is tinted a light yellow color which, like Nuka Cola Quantum, glows in the dark. Quartz has a lighter label than the standard Vim flavor, sporting a white background with a purple, white and red logo. Considering its ingredients (bubblegum and carrot), it likely has a light, sweet flavor.
Consuming Vim Quartz restores a decent amount of health points and action points while also temporarily increasing carry weight by 15 pounds. It is most useful during the earlier game stages where the Sole Survivor's health pool and carrying capacity are still relatively small.
Provided the recipe has previously been downloaded from the research terminal inside the laboratory on the roof of the Vim! Pop factory, Vim Quartz can be crafted at any cooking station.
Vim Quartz (1)
- One can be found in The Last Plank below the counter to the right of Mitch near the note, Run!.
- One can be found in the Vim! Corporate Headquarters at the Vim! Pop Factory, to the right of two Vim vending machines.
- Can be found in a Vim shipping truck trailer.
- Randomly spawns in Vim vending machines.
- Where Nuka Cola Quantum glows blue because of the radioactive strontium isotope that is part of the mixture, no explanation is given as to why Vim Quartz glows yellowish. Going by what is required to craft Quartz at a cooking station, it does not contain any particularly radioactive components.
- Curiously, no type of Vim including Vim Quartz confers any radiation to the consumer despite having been exposed to the Island's heavily irradiated environment for more than two centuries.
- Due to revelations that the Nuka Cola Corporation has been ripping off other corporations of their flavors in Nuka World, its highly implied that Vim Quartz's flavor has been stolen by them.