In 2077, it was the main production and distribution center for Vim! Pop Incorporated.
The building is divided into two sections: Vim Corporate Headquarters and the Vim factory.
Vim! Corporate HeadquartersEdit
The Vim! Corporate HQ consists of a two-story building. The lobby on the first floor contains a receptionist desk, a large foyer with a fountain and the Vim! gift shop. The gift shop has a terminal with tour information, as well as double doors leading into the factory area.
The upper floor contains office space, a conference room and a small employee lounge. Several bottles of Vim! can usually be found in the lounge. One of the office cubicles contains a safe which can be unlocked with the terminal on the desk. There is a marketing terminal in the conference room, and the CEO's terminal can be found behind a locked (Advanced) door. The double doors in the CEO's office lead to the roof of the building.
The factory itself consists of three sections: the mixing area, the bottling area and the shipping area.
The mixing area is a large three-story room with brewing vats surrounded by catwalks and small utility rooms. Several super mutants can be found inside, along with a boss and leveled loot chest on the top floor. The room containing the chest also has an armor workbench, as well as the pump regulator for Ablutions (sitting on a desk near the door). The room on the other side has a terminal which can open the locked security gate and provides details on Erickson's time at the factory. On the bottom floor of the mixing area is a terminal and elevator leading to DiMA's secret medical facility.
The middle section - the bottling area - is a large warehouse full of tanks containing Vim! soda. Above the area is the Ambassador room, which has the red Vim! power armor as well as a terminal where one can learn both Vim! paint jobs.
The shipping area is a large open warehouse full of debris and ruined trucks, with ramps leading to large doors. Above the shipping area are more catwalks and the taste testing area, a cafeteria-like room where tour visitors were given free samples of Vim! soda. This section also contains a communications room with a weapons workbench.
All three areas can lead down to a sub-level which is flooded and may contain mole rats. This area also contains a terminal to open the large red doors - Heavy Storage - that Erickson imprisoned Grun behind. In fact, Grun's heavy footsteps can be heard throughout the factory.
Taking the elevator down from the mixing area of the factory floor leads to DiMA's secret medical facility. Immediately after entering the ruined basement area, there is a patch of dirt in the first room. Underneath is the evidence needed for The Way Life Should Be. Entering the room with the computers will activate the facility's A.I., a program named KYE 1.1. Passing a difficult speech check will convince KYE to open the doors, otherwise he can be questioned about approved users and give an objective to bring Nick, who will be given access freely because the detective system recognizes "the early prototype" as the identification.
Vim! Corporate HeadquartersEdit
- Vim CEO password on a desk behind an advanced locked door on the 2nd floor of the gift shop. Gives access to the CEO's terminal.
- An enormously oversized bottle of Vim, on the fountain in front of the gift shop.
- Two bottles of Vim on the reception counter just inside the main entrance.
- Vim Refresh inside the gift shop area, ground floor on the floor behind the counter with a tour terminal.
- Vim Quartz right outside the gift shop area on a tipped over vending machine.
- Vim Captain's Blend on the 2nd floor, next to Madison's terminal and an Expert locked safe.
- Overdue book on the large conference table to the west in the 2nd room upstairs, near the Marketing terminal.
- Vim, Vim Refresh and Vim Captain's Blend in the refrigerator in the kitchen area, 2nd floor.
- Two bottles of Vim and a Vim Captain's Blend in the same room as the Vim CEO password holotape.
- A T-51 power armor, painted in the red Vim! paint job, is located on the platform above the reception area after entering from to the parking garage.
- CEO's master password - Gives access to a security terminal for The Way Life Should Be.
- Red Vim! power armor and green Vim! Refresh paint job, on a terminal near the power armor (if one has already entered both Vim! power armor suits found on the Island, the schematics option will not be on the terminal as both paint jobs will already be available).
- Vim on a toolbox in the far northwest section, under where one enters from the gift shop.
- Vim Quartz on a large terminal on a broken section of catwalk just east of the forklift fire in the northwest area.
- Vim, Vim Captain's Blend and a Vim Quartz in the cafeteria-like taste testing area.
- A bottle of Vim on a conveyor belt in the mixing area, back of the utility room after walking between the vats.
- What's Done is Done - a holotape found during The Way Life Should Be.
- December's Child, a unique combat rifle.
- On top of the building after walking up a series of catwalks one will come to an area where there are a couple of chemistry stations and a couple bottles of Vim and Vim Captain's Blends. There is a terminal in the corner where one can get the Vim recipes to craft for themself at any cooking station.
- A fusion core can be found in a generator at the docks across the water due south of the factory premises.
- On the very top of the Vim factory (the front building) are some mischievous garden gnomes near a glass dome.
- Best Left Forgotten
- Randolph Safehouse - This is a possible location to clear the area of hostiles for the Railroad.
- Leading by Example - A possible location to clear the area of hostiles for the Brotherhood of Steel.
- Hypothesis - A possible location to collect a flesh sample from a super mutant for The Institute.
- Quartermastery - This is one possible location that Scribe Haylen will send the player character to find tech in.
- On the second floor of the corporate offices, in a small office, there is a wall safe. It is very easy to fall through the hole in the floor and become stuck between the first floor shelving and ceiling, forcing the player character to load an earlier save.
- Oddly, a Nuka-Cola ad featuring Nuka-Girl can be found in the factory.