Fallout: New Vegas locations project
Bug Verification Project
Vikki and Vance Casino
An overview of the casino
Vikki and Vance, be our partners in crime.”— Mr. New Vegas
This casino is named after the outlaws Vikki and Vance. When the player first encounters it, the casino will be filled with Primm townsfolk. They have barricaded themselves inside because of the escaped convicts who have taken over the exterior areas of the town and killed the sheriff.
In order for the casino to reopen, you must first finish the quest My Kind of Town. A few days after this, you will encounter a New California Republic deserter named Layla in the casino. The casino will reopen for business three days after your interaction with her.
Inside the entrance are rows of Slot machines. Beyond is the casino floor, which is dominated by the "Death car": the car Vikki & Vance were driving when they were shot and killed. On the left is the cashier, where (once gambling begins again) the player can change caps into chips and vice-versa.
- The Vikki and Vance offers Blackjack, Roulette, and Slots.
- The Vikki and Vance pays 3:2 on blackjack, and the dealer must stand on 17's.
- Rewards and Ban
As the player earns chips, the casino offers increasing gifts:
- 625+ chips =20 more Vikki and Vance Casino chips
- 1,250+ chips = Stealth Boy
- 1,875+ chips = leather armor, reinforced
Once the player has earned 2,500+ chips, the casino will ban the player permanently.
- 9mm SMG with matching ammo in an open safe inside the cashier's office.
- A display case in front of the "Death car" is supposed to hold Vance's 9mm submachine gun, but it has been stolen. Talking to Primm Slim after discovering this will reveal that he is convinced it is still there. A Science skill of 50 or higher will allow you to access an audio log documenting the theft. The gun can be found in the Wins hideout.
- Once the player has successfully completed My Kind of Town and chosen a sheriff, the townsfolk will leave the casino.
- Once you've resolved the confrontation peacefully most items and containers previously marked as owned will become unowned. This will allow the player to loot them without incurring a Karma penalty. There are a few exceptions, most notably the cash registers and the locked safes; they will still be marked as owned and opening them will incur Karma loss. If you kill Layla and the deserters before the end of the peaceful resolution scenario all items and containers will remain owned.
- Oddly enough, if you go to the back room of the casino, you will see a framed article about Gomorrah.
- When the casino opens, with an unpatched version of the game, it is possible to get an unlimited amount of caps, Legion money, and NCR dollars. If you currently have the patch, take it off until you are finished (note- if you have done all the expansion packs other than Dead Money, you will lose all items, perks and if higher than level 35, will revert back to 35 until you do them over. The trick is to buy chips from the casino (again, an unpatched version of the game is needed), after you buy as many chips as you want. Then cash them in. (Note you should start with 100 first to make sure this works before you waste all your caps.) Then if you look in your inventory, you will notice that it has not been removed. You can keep cashing them in from here, buy more, and cash them in as many times as you like. Until you add the update to the game, your chips will still be in the inventory. When updated, you can then cash in the chips and they will disappear.
- After the latest update(ps3 confirmed) the residents will stay in the casino after completing the quest My Kind of Town. If the quest is completed before the update, the residents will return to the casino. This will prevent you from bartering with Johnson Nash and he will only say to give him a moment to return to his store if chosen to barter with.
Vikki and Vance Casino appears only in Fallout: New Vegas.
Behind the scenesEdit
Like the "Death car" display for Vikki and Vance, there is a tourist display of the car belonging to the real-life criminal couple Bonnie and Clyde that they were driving when they were ambushed and killed. While it is usually at Terrible's Primm Valley Resort, it is currently on display at Terrible's Gold Ranch Casino in Verdi.
- xbox360 pc ps3 Sometimes gambling will not resume ever, even after finding Primm a new sheriff and dealing with Layla.[verified]
- ps3 xbox360 When entering the casino, Mrs. Nash and a random settler/resident may enter the room containing the cashier's office. This allows you to walk straight in the back and help yourself to the contents of the safes without worrying about the door.[verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 Sometimes after busting the bank at the casino and being banned the chips stay permanently in the inventory and can be cashed over and over again.[verified]