A naturally abundant nutrient carbohydrate, found chiefly in the seeds, fruits, tubers, roots, and stem pith of plants, notably in corn, potatoes, wheat, and rice, and varying widely in appearance according to source but commonly prepared as a white amorphous tasteless powder. Before the war it was used to stiffen fabrics and in the manufacturing of paper. Post-war it is mainly used as a substitute for rare commercial adhesives.
Purified water (1)
Vegetable starch (1)
- Vegetable starch can be made at any cooking station.
- Any settlement with readily available workers can easily produce the components needed for crafting, making it a relatively easy to obtain and reliable source of otherwise rare adhesive.
- Vegetable starch is one of a very few items that can be crafted entirely from settlement-made products.
- It yields 16 XP every time it is crafted.
- When scrapped in a workbench, it yields five adhesive.