Vault-Tec created Vault 95 as a rehabilitation institute for people who suffered from chem addiction. The residents of the vault would continue with the program for 5 years, after which a planted Vault-Tec agent would then unearth a pre-placed, hidden supply of chems to test the social and psychological reactions of the community. As such, it is a good place to find chems.
As reflected in the Vault 95 terminal entries, the rehabilitation program was effective in managing the addiction of its residents, with decisions to maintain the program remaining unanimous throughout the Vault's early years. Private logs reveal that the introduction of chems effectively tore apart the family that the residents had created for each-other, with some residents caving almost immediately to their urges. This stash may be found as the visitor descends the stairs into the Residential area by going straight ahead to the bathrooms and then looking right, and contains moderate quantities of chems and alcohol.
It seems likely that all of the Vault's inhabitants overdosed or fled well before the Gunners moved in, and multiple bodies may be found in and around the stash. In the bedroom slightly to the right of the stash are two bodies splayed out across the furniture. They are surrounded by what appears to be a civilised tea party, complete with mannequin attendees, Psycho, and jet. In one of the closed stalls in the bathroom to the left of the stash is a skeleton and a Psycho. Opposite the room where the Big guns bobblehead is contained, behind a novice locked door, a skeleton may be found slumped against the foot of a bed, a Psycho at his feet and two jet on an upturned waste basket next to him.
Judging from the otherwise homely and untouched nature of the rooms in that area, it seems probable the residents instantly capitulated to their addictions, shut themselves into their rooms and resumed their chem abuse. It also appears the Vault-Tec agent did not survive the ensuing violence, and his body and upgraded 10mm pistol may be found close to his terminal.
The entrance is heavily guarded by Gunners along with two assaultrons outside, and one assaultron and a Mister Gutsy inside. An elevator takes down to the vault itself. The vault proper has three separate sections. The south side has the cafeteria and the detox chamber. The west side has the reactor down below and the Overseer's office above. The north side has a heavily trapped tunnel that leads to the residential area.
Vault 95 was designed to house a maximum of 72 people as shown in a blueprint behind the Overseer's desk showing the layout of the entire Vault.
- Big guns bobblehead once down the elevator, turn right in the main room after the tin can chimes, go right down the stairs then take the second right after getting down the stairs. It will be in the room after the gunners.
- Stealth Boy in an Advanced locked room on the west side near the reactor.
- Jangles the Moon Monkey sitting on a wheel chair watching TV.
- Benign Intervention - Cait wants to be cured from her addiction, but the only place rumoured to help her strong addiction is in Vault 95.
- Jet was not created until after the Great War, making it impossible for it to be in Vault 95 for the residents to use. While some may argue that the Jet was brought in by the Gunners, a Vault-Tec Regional HQ terminal entry confirms the Jet was supplied by Vault-Tec, and its presence in Vault 95 remains inconsistent with Fallout canon.
- pc xboxone The player character may become stuck while searching behind some broken generators and be forced to load a previous savegame. [verification overdue]
- pc ps4 xboxone The elevator leading down to the vault may glitch and fail to load the vault. This causes the character to be stuck inside the elevator, unable to exit or fast travel away. A quicksave before entering the elevator is recommended. Restarting the game will fix the bug. [verification overdue]
- ps4 The player character may get permanently stuck if stunned by the Gunner wielding the shock baton while performing a V.A.T.S. strike.[verification overdue]
- xboxone A hole in the floor near the hidden chem closet reveals a zoomed up random image from somewhere in the vault, e.g. a door, an ammo box, etc.[verified]