Vault-Tec created Vault 95 as a rehabilitation institute for people who suffered from chem addiction. The residents of the vault would continue with the program for 5 years, after which a planted Vault-Tec agent would then unearth a pre-placed, hidden supply of chems to test the social and psychological reactions of the community. As such, it is a good place to find chems.
As reflected in the Vault 95 terminal entries, the rehabilitation program was effective in managing the addiction of its residents, with decisions to maintain the program remaining unanimous throughout the Vault's early years. Private logs reveal that the introduction of chems effectively tore the family that the residents had created for each-other apart, with some residents caving almost immediately to their urges. This stash may be found as the player descends the stairs into the Residential area by going straight ahead to the bathrooms and then looking right, and contains moderate quantities of chems. It seems likely that all of the Vault's inhabitants overdosed or fled well before the Gunners moved in.
In the bedroom slightly to the right of the stash are two bodies, Psycho, and jet. In the bathroom to the left of the stash is another skeleton with a Psycho on it. Opposite the room where the Big Guns bobblehead is contained, behind a novice locked door, a skeleton may be found slumped against the table, a Psycho at his feet and two jet on an upturned waste basket next to him.
The vault is currently a base of operations for the Gunners. This is also one of the best places in the game to quickly obtain a large amount of aluminum.
The entrance is heavily guarded by Gunners and assaultrons. An elevator takes down to the vault itself. The vault proper has three separate sections. The south side has the cafeteria and the detox chamber. The west side has the reactor down below and the Overseer's office above. The north side has a heavily trapped tunnel that leads to the residential area.
- Big guns bobblehead once down the elevator, turn right in the main room after the tin can chimes, go right down the stairs then take the second right after you get down the stairs. It will be in the room after the gunners.
- Nuka Cherry
- Aluminum can in large amount (at least 14).
- Surgical tray in large amount (at least 29).
- Nuka-Cola Quantum in the machine south of the cafeteria (random).
- Stealth Boy in an Advanced locked room on the west side near the reactor.
- Jangles the Moon Monkey (item) sat on a sofa watching TV.
- Mentats behind locked door at the entrance.
- Jet wasn't created until after the Great War making it impossible to be in Vault 95 for the residents to use.
- Vault 95 can be compared to Vault 106. Both Vaults studied the effects of drugs on their subjects, which led to their demise.
- pc Player character can become stuck while searching behind some broken generators; forced to load a previous savegame. [verification needed]