The Vault 101 PA System (PA - public announcement) is a radio station broadcasting inside Vault 101. The station broadcasts instrumental music, propaganda slogans, helpful advice, the level of radiation, and fun facts. Residents can hear the station on the Vault's loudspeakers and through their Pip-Boy 3000s.
The radio station becomes available to the player when they receive their Pip-Boy 3000.
During the Lone Wanderer's escape from the vault only this message can be heard: «This is the Overseer. All residents of Vault 101 are hereby confined to their quarters. The Radroach infestation is under control. Do NOT interfere with vault security personnel. Any resident found outside his or her quarters will be dealt with. Severely. That is all.» The same message can also be heard in certain locations of the vault without listening to the radio.
During the Lone Wanderer's return to the Vault, the only things that can be heard on the station is static, probably due to the rebels destroying it or no one wanting to bother operating it.
- "Remember: Vault 101 is America."
- "The Overseer's authority is absolute."
- "This is Vault 101, and you're enjoying a brighter future-- underground."
- "Remember: a clean vault is a healthy vault. Please place all trash into the appropriate incineration receptacle on your scheduled burning day."
- "Remember: only you can prevent fatal work-related injuries. Proper use and storage of all high velocity tools is essential to survival."
- "Remember: Vault depressive syndrome, or VDS, is a treatable condition. See your vault physician today for an anti-depressant that is right for you."
- "Remember: your Pip-Boy is not a toy. Proper cleaning and maintenance will ensure the device's operation for this and future generations."
- "Walk, don't run."
The Level of RadiationEdit
- "Current radiation level - 0 Rads, as always."
- "Did you know: the odds of a Vault-Tec shelter failing are 1,763,497 to 1?"
- "Did you know: Vault-Tec water and life support systems can sustain a Vault for over 900 years without failure?"
- "Did you know: the average life expectancy of a resident in a properly maintained vault is 92.3 years?"
- "Did you know: due to the threats of radiation and Mutant domination, the United States will not be habitable again for at least 3 centuries?"
- "Did you know: the Vault-Tec/RobCo partnership is considered the most successful joint venture in the history of American industry?"
- Smoothing the Whole Thing Over by the Essential Jazz Masters
- Slow Summer Swing by the Essential Jazz Masters
- Just One of Those Things by the Essential Jazz Masters
- Jump for Joy by the Essential Jazz Masters
- Here Come the Cats! by the Essential Jazz Masters
- And All the While I'm Loving You by the Essential Jazz Masters