Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| || For the national headquarters, see Vault-Tec headquarters (national).|
For the regional headquarters in The Commonwealth, see Vault-Tec Regional HQ.
This is the only place I could think of hiding this message. In the event that anyone reads this, please try and get word back to Vault-Tec HQ that something very wrong is going on in the Experimentation section... something they keep referring to as the EEP. My wife, Mercia was "diagnosed" by the medical section as having some sort of disease they wouldn't identify. She's dead now, and those sons-of-bitches won't even tell me why.”— Daniel Koster, Vault 87
This DC office building is located east of a Vernon Square metro station.
Accessing the mainframe requires authorization from all three system operation terminals. Station 3 is on the first floor of the administration room, with terminals 1 and 2 upstairs of the facility.
Resistance inside the building consists of security robots and automated turrets; the models inside are regular protectrons, sentry bots, robobrains, Mister Gutsies, automated turrets and one special model of the robobrain - the Masterbrain - on the same floor as the mainframe. One can turn off the Masterbrain and all other security robots in the Vault-Tec headquarters by using the correct command on the three employee terminals in the mainframe area. Alternatively, one can destroy Masterbrain and use it to shut off all other security robots.
Super mutants have been encountered fighting the robots in the guest relations area. It seems they have been using the Vault-Tec headquarters as a massing point, as gore bags, which are a common find within super mutant bases, are located in the guest relations men's restrooms.
- A Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor skill book on a table in the cafeteria beyond the broken stairs, which can be accessed from the Guest Relations door in the northwest of the Administration area. The book is on the right side of the room, in the cafeteria area.
- 2 Sugar Bombs, which can be used for the unmarked quest Sugar Bombing Run, are also located near the table with the Tales of a Junktown Jerky Vendor book, in the area beyond the broken staircase.
- 2 Vault-Tec lunchboxes in the same cafeteria.
- A pre-War book on the first floor, on top of a garbage can in the same room as the safe.
- One Nuka-Cola Quantum is located in the most north-western room on the second floor, It is on the bottom shelf of a bookcase. There's a door covering a hole in the floor in this room.
- A Big Book of Science in the room directly east of, and connected to, the room containing the Nuka-Cola Quantum on the second floor. The room with the book should have almost no floor. The book is located on top of the higher bookshelf on the wall across from the entrance, if you approach it from the left crouching on the edge and look up, the book sticks out a little and you can just grab it.
- A Stealth Boy on a shelf in the northwestern-most room on the second floor. The door to the room can be accessed by walking along the left edge of the missing floor, and also contains ammunition boxes.
- An issue of Grognak the Barbarian on a curved desk in a private office. The room is at the very west of the area.
- 7 Vault-Tec lunch boxes are located in a closet in the most northeast room.
- Agatha's Song: The vault locations retrieved here help with the optional portion of the quest.
- The Nuka-Cola Challenge: There is a Nuka-Cola Quantum and a Nuka-Cola vending machine with a chance of spawning a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- The front door to the headquarters is most easily accessible from the nearby Metro Junction station.
- Over the front desk right when entering the building, suspended from the ceiling, is a copy of Vault 101's door, as an example of Vault-Tec's technology.
- On the administration level, there is an employee computer in which one can order Vault-Tec accessories. Upon selection of an item, the terminal will say that the item's cost has been deducted from the employee's salary. One cannot acquire these items, however. When selecting "Vault-Tec Bobblehead", it outputs: "Only Available to Executive Level Employee."
- There is an alternative for accessing the mainframe (instead of the 3 terminals) by going into the downstairs serverroom, jump on the pipes on a server and pointing towards the mainframe.
- As the company's main headquarters were shown to have been in Los Angeles, it is likely that this is a regional facility.
The Vault-Tec headquarters appears only in Fallout 3.
- ps3 pc xbox360 It is entirely possible that once you've killed the Masterbrain, and attempted to shut down all other robots, that all other robots and turrets will remain active and hostile. [verified]
- ps3 pc xbox360 It is possible to get double XP by destroying all robots then by using Masterbrain to shut everything down, on the player character's way back/out all the robots killed will have 1 bar of HP. Shoot them again and the player characters will get the XP again. Robots you have vaporized or melted with energy weapons will not be revived but their inventories will be broken. [verified]
- pc ps3 xbox360 It is extremely likely (the player character has already finished Agatha's quest) that the door which leads to the mainframe can't be opened, even the player character manages to get the right authorization from all three System Operation terminals. The mainframe terminal can still be accessed by entering the first floor of the mainframe room and jumping on to the pipe coming out of the wall in the south east corner of the room. From there it is possible to jump onto the computer on the south wall. Then, looking up at the terminal overhead, jump and access the terminal while in the air. Alternatively, the door can be opened with the "unlock"-command when selected in the console. [verified]
- pc There is a shopping cart outside the building located in between the vending machine and the entrance which, when brought to a specific spot, will disappear and reappear several times, depending on where your player character is facing. [verified]
- ps3 If you jump on top of the filing cabinets in the southern part of the Corporate Office, next to an industrial vacuum cleaner, you will get stuck under the ceiling. These are the filing cabinets blocking the hallway, so you might attempt to climb over them.