Variable Removal is a Railroad radiant quest in Fallout 4. It requires the Sole Survivor to go to a random location and eliminate a Courser. If left unchecked, a Courser could cause a lot of damage to the Railroad's infrastructure.
|Railroad radiant quest: Variable Removal|
|Speak to Predictive Analytic Machine.|
Accept the mission.
|Head to the designated location.|
Kill the courser.
|Report to Predictive Analytic Machine.|
|Reward: 300 XP|
1. Eliminate the Courser
The Pip-Boy will have been updated with the location of the courser (they are different random locations). Travel to that location and eliminate the courser however necessary. The only kill required to complete the quest is the courser's, but all of the synths can be destroyed at this location without turning the Institute hostile.
2. Report back to Predictive Analytic Machine
Return to P.A.M. at the Railroad HQ. She will congratulate the player character on a job well done and give bottlecaps or sometimes a weapon as a reward.
- ArcJet Systems
- Boston mayoral shelter
- General Atomics factory
- Mahkra Fishpacking
- Poseidon Energy
- Reeb Marina
- Sandy Coves Convalescent Home
- University Point
- Wattz Consumer Electronics
- RobCo Battlezone
- Vault-Tec: Among the Stars
- Starlight Interstellar Theater
- When initiating this quest, P.A.M.'s dialogue will differ depending on whether or not the Institute has been destroyed.
- When the Institute is friendly to the Sole Survivor, killing the courser does not seem to make them hostile.
- pc ps4 If P.A.M. is reprogrammed and brought back to the Prydwen after the completion of Tactical Thinking, the quest will still be given as if you are still a member of the Railroad.[verified]
- pc xboxone The radiant target may sometimes fail to change and can become locked into one location, i.e. only ever having the courser appear at University Point and not at any other location.[verified]
This article is too short to provide more than rudimentary information about the subject. You can help Nukapedia by expanding it.