Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| ||For an overview of laser rifle models in the Fallout series of games, see laser rifle.|
The AER9 features a titanium housed crystal array which proved to withstand long years of exposure to the elements much better than the gold alloy housing of the later models. As a result, the crystal arrays stayed focused within operating parameters, rather than falling completely out of focus like the newer models. Power is drawn from microfusion cells and processed through a wave/particle diverter manufactured by General Atomics International. The diverters are protected by a carbon-fiber housing, preventing frequent malfunction, but when a diverter fails the weapon becomes unusable.
As with all energy weapons, the AER9 can suffer from poor performance if not properly maintained. The crystal arrays and non-mechanical components are delicate and if not properly serviced can lead to a loss of beam intensity, overheating, and energy regulation failure.
A unique variant of the AER9 laser rifle received from the Van Graffs. It is received in max condition. Overall, it has less damage, less item HP and less critical damage but requires less Energy Weapons skill (0 as opposed to 25).
The Van Graff laser rifle can fire a total of about 270 times using standard cells, the equivalent of 12 reloads, from full condition before breaking.
- Laser rifle - The common version of laser rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.
- AER14 prototype - The unique version of the laser rifle in Fallout: New Vegas.
|The following is based on developer test content cut from Fallout: New Vegas and has not been confirmed by canon sources.|
|End of information based on developer test content cut from Fallout: New Vegas.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (melee or unarmed)||Attacks in V.A.T.S.||- Attacks in V.A.T.S.|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||- Weapon name (gun, energy or explosive)||Action point cost||- Action point cost|
|Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||- Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per action point||- Damage per action point|
|Damage per second||- Damage per second||Weapon spread||- Weapon spread|
|Area of effect damage||- Area of effect damage||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||- Magazine capacity (shots per reload)|
|Effect damage & duration||- Effect damage & duration||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||- Durability (number of attacks before breaking)|
|Bonus effects||- Bonus effects||Weight||- Weight|
|Attacks per second||- Attacks per second||Value in caps||- Value in caps|
|Critical chance % multiplier||- Critical chance % multiplier||Value to weight ratio||- Value to weight ratio|
|Critical damage||- Critical damage||Skill required||- Skill required|
|Critical effect damage & duration||- Critical effect damage & duration||Strength required||- Strength required|
|With all mods attached||- With all mods attached|
|Weapon name (current weapon is highlighted)||Damage per attack (damage per projectile)||Damage per second||Attacks per second||Critical Chance % multiplier||Critical damage||Action Point cost||Damage per action point||Weapon spread||Magazine capacity (shots per reload)||Durability (number of attacks before breaking)||Weight||Value in caps||Value to weight ratio||Skill required||Strength required|
|Laser rifle With all weapon mods attached||31.6|
|Van Graff laser rifle||15||46.2||3.08||x1.5||15||18||0.8||0.025||24||270||8||800||100||0||3|
|Tri-beam laser rifle||66|
|Tri-beam laser rifle fnvgra||66|
|Tri-beam laser rifle With all weapon mods attached fnvgra||75|
- Given to the player character at the Silver Rush during the quest Birds of a Feather when given the choice between a plasma rifle or a laser rifle. Once the first part of quest is finished, the armor and gun are taken from you.
- The only way to obtain this weapon is to let the Silver Rush explode during the quest Birds of a Feather. When the quest fails, you will be able to drop the rifle whenever you want to as it will not be marked as a quest item.
- This item is marked as a quest item even after the quest involved with it is completed, and therefore if it is acquired through theft or the console, may only be removed from the Courier's inventory through console commands.
- If the Courier chooses this weapon over its plasma counterpart, Simon will compliment him/her on your choice, explaining that he prefers laser weapons himself, but wields a plasma rifle because Gloria wants at least one guard with a plasma weapon at all times as a form of advertising.
| || |
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 Citadel terminal entry on the AER9 laser rifle in Fallout 3. 
- ↑ Research Note - laser rifle, Fort Independence terminal entries.