Fallout 3 locations project
VAPL-58 power station
The VAPL-58 power station is a set of fenced-in power lines and transformers next to a power substation, located south-southwest of Arefu, west of Vault 106, where two power lines from the north and east intersect.
The substation here is one of the few in the game which allows access to the roof. A fallen transmission line tore down a hole in the fences, making it possible for players to exit the power station without using the front gate.
- There is a Nuka-Cola Quantum lying on top of the workbench.
- A Stealth Boy is in the back on the control panels of the station.
- A copy of Dean's Electronics is beside the safe atop the desk inside the substation.
- The ladder on the east wall inside the station leads to the roof where a copy of U.S. Army: 30 Handy Flamethrower Recipes can be found.
- On the hanging light fixture, just below the ceiling in the middle of the room is a mini nuke.
- The shelter to the southeast of the power station contains a Nuka-Cola Quantum.
- The 1st Keller family transcript can be found on a bookshelf in the pylon shack, which is at the third power pylon to the north of the Power Station as well as a mini-nuke. A pre-War book is lying on the northeast footing of the pylon.
- On rare occasions, a deathclaw may be in the station when the player enters, but because of the cramped space will have no way of attacking.
- There is a workbench inside the power substation (the building inside the fenced area).
The VAPL-58 Power Station appears only in Fallout 3.