| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Yes-Man. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
Being pissed off at Cartman is one thing. Running off to the wilderness again and hurting others in the process is another. This doesn't seem like admin behaviour, or even the behaviour of someone on the moral high ground. If Cartman is the problem, why are you insisting on hurting everyone else?
I want you to stop, and go and calm down, and then come back in an hour or so, and tell me if you still want to quit. Agent c 12:33, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Yessie, you're not alone. There are quite a few people that don't appreciate Cartman's behaviour, and I believe that there can be something done about it. Leaving won't do too much, and you definitely will be missed. I completely understand how you feel as I've gone through the exact same a few months ago. But I realised that it was a big mistake. There are many people who'll miss you (including myself) and I sincerely hope you can reconsider. -SigmaDelta54(Talk) 18:39, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- He Yessie, you took a bit of a drastic step there. But I think I can understand how you got to the point of wanting to leave. You've tried so hard to get your point accross but it seems to be directed at a deaf man's ear, no matter how hard you try. At least that's how you experience it and I would probably too. So that will be very frustrating. Take some time off but don't leave yet. You still have plenty of friends here too, you know. Scarface has set up a reconfirmation for your adminship, I don't think that's needed but the rules allow it. I think you're doing fine. Not as edit-active as I'd like (and a bit of an odd bc request), but as a community minded man you perform well. Hope to see you again! Jspoel 20:57, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
It's exactly these kinds of outbursts that everybody is fed up with YM. Nobody is going behind your back, nobody is putting you down for your views, and nobody wants to put kick you out. But everybody is tired of the soap operas and tantrums from people who should know better and be an example to the rest. Also, your reaction to Cartman is completely out of the left field, specially recalling Zerg's ban as evidence when you stood completely on Cartman's side back then:
@ Agent c: Not sure who else I hurt in the process. There are plenty of people here I thought cared about what i was saying who are now going behind my back and trying to get me kicked out. I don't know if it's because they think Cartman was right for trolling me, or if they're just not happy with the changes I wanted to bring. Cartman insulted me and regardless of if I'm an admin or not, I too have a breaking point. So I'm sorry for showing some emotions when I've been accused of being a troll for trying to stick up for people around here. But I'm human too.
@ Sigma: You left because you failed an administrator application, which although it must have been disappointing, you could always try again later. I left because if you've seen the forum, you'd see that Cartman insulted me and then called me a troll when I showed a reaction. He did the same thing to Zerg. He does the same thing in blogs. Yet I'm the one who is punished for talking back to him. If that's how some people in the community wants to treat me then I have no idea why I was trying to help them in the first place.
@ Jspoelstra: Thanks for the concern, J, but all I wanted to do was help people. Yet when I get upset I'm the troll who has his administrator rights called into question. It doesn't exactly make me want to stay here.
@ Ryan: It might not help anything if I leave, but it won't change much if I stay either. At least this way I don't have to deal with people like Cartman putting me down for trying to benefit the majority.
Thank you all for your time. 21:44, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
From what I understand, Cartman meant no harm, and the ban seemed fair considering he was insulted several times. No offence, Zerginfestor, but I'll have to support Cartman on this one. Three days isn't that long, anyway.”
- That's after Cartman gave his response. Which I know now is exactly what he does. When he's in risk of getting in trouble, he makes up some bullshit self-righteous response where he's a little angel and the opposing party is the big bad monster.
- Well, fuck it. I stand up for myself, just like Zerg did, and all of a sudden I'm the bad guy. Yeah, I was angry. But I have feelings. When Cartman says things like that it honestly hurts. If you're all sick of me just say so and I won't be back. Because I have lost faith in a lot of you. Not all of you, but a lot of you. 22:04, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Nice. Kick me when I'm down. If you took the time to read what Cartman said then maybe you'd realise why I was so upset. This whole attempt to change things hasn't been easy for me, because I've been treated like an idiot by the majority. If you'd prefer to have Cartman the troll as an admin instead of me, then fine. Let him insult people, abuse his power, and give people crap for their opinions. I can't help but think how he'd be viewed if he was a Fallout 3 fan who constantly made fun of Fallout 1 and 2. 21:33, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- There's a reconfirmation request for Cartman going up soon. Stop acting like a spoilt child. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Can I just point out how entirely one-sided the reconfirmation request is? Sure, add a quote from me, tell the community that you think I'm a bad admin, but completely ignore what Cartman said and did. 22:07, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I could not be bothered to build a collage of Cartmanianizm. If you find something you want in there, paste it in here and I'll put it there. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
Seriously mate... Edit
The only reason you're leaving is because of one user you dislike? Seriously?
In my eyes, that seems really, really butthurt. You have friends here, like me, and you're giving up the entire wiki just because one person you disliked rustled your jimmies? I find that sad. Stay or I'll slap you. --20:37, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- With all due respect, Weirdo, I wouldn't want to be here if they keep that insulting troll as an admin. I have feelings too, and if I'm treated like that by people here then I don't want to stay. All I've been wanting to do is help the community and this is how it turns out for me. 21:34, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Don't leave, mate Edit
Hey, Yessie! I don't know what happened between you and this Cartman, and it's not my business. But don't leave, mate! You're such a nice guy, being one of the people who welcomed me here at the wiki, it'd be a great loss for the community. New Users like me admire vets like you, so stay and inspire the new lads to help Nukapedia grow. Cheers, mate! And I hope you stay.
- It honestly looks like I won't be staying; people seem to prefer having an insulting, power-abusing troll as an administrator than myself. But you're a good user, you'll do fine in this community. As long as you don't do what I do and try to stick up for the little guy. Because you all see how that turns out. 21:36, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I really want to say something to that Yesman, but I cant do so without having a similar reaction to that people have already objected to. Agent c 22:29, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
I don't know how to write a defence. I'm not going to justify my actions because I know I clearly broke a rule. But how do I start? What do I say? Cartman pushed me to this, the same way he pushed Zerginfestor to chat, yet because his insults were veiled, he's the good guy and I'm the jerk.
It hurts. I wish I had something more to explain. 22:32, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
I want you to do me a favor. Unblock yourself and meet me in chat. I have now set up a blog and I want a chance for all of us to get together in a private meeting to discuss things. I want to talk to you first though. This is up to you though, I'm just trying to help. Hope to see you there soon. Skål! 22:01, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Meet me in the Vault Armory chat. I'm not unblocking myself. People here don't want me, so I'll give them what they want. 22:06, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Firstly Yessie, by running off to the wilderness and refusing to contribute anymore you hurt the wiki as a whole. Secondly, and more directly, you've hurt the New User Network in pulling out just as soon as we've assigned you to someone - doesn't show a great image. Lastly, you've hurt me and everyone else you've considered a friend by effectively walking out on us. I am actually very disappointed in your actions, they seem very out of character for you, and I hope there is some external pressure going on here. Agent c 22:07, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- I didn't mean you when I said everyone else I considered a friend is walking out on me.
- I was talking about Scarface and Cartman. I used to think they were my friends, but turns out they're just looking out for themselves.
- I still like you, Ryan, Ci, all my friends in chat... but it does hurt when you want to do something nice for people and this is how it turns out.
- I hope you understand. 22:11, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Why are you even bringing friendship into this? One of your points in the thread were exactly about popularity votes. This is an administrative issue either, so stop acting like this is a personal backstab, and stop trying to bring personal relationships into play. Stand by what you preached in thread. Limmiegirl Talk! ♪ 22:39, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
From One of a Commonwealth to Another Edit
Hey, I just wanted to ask how your doing? I know it may seem like the most terrible time, but, hey, Life, to many is the most terrible time. For some people its a hurdle just to get up, because there are those people who almost make life unbearable. But, what they do have, is those people to counter act those people, some people just get up so they can go back to there places where there is no pain for them. Others get up, because they know there are people who will fight for what they believe and what others believe. You, are that kind of person, you will fight for what you believe, and what others believe. If your wrong, then so what, that's no reason for action to be taken against you, you believed it enough, you fought for it. One should be awarded, for many are not able to stand for what they think is right. But yea, shit happens, you just promise yourself and others, it won't happen the same way again. And you move on. Even if you did nothing wrong, especially if you did nothing wrong. It shows you can be the bigger person. Anyways, yea, was just wondering how it was going. --The Old World Relics 23:28, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Be sorry for nothing, just do me one last favor. If you must as you say, go out fighting, please remember that you fight not only for yourself, but for many who agree with your standings, and are not able to speak their minds. I wish you nothing but the best from here on out my Dear Friend. --The Old World Relics 23:41, March 23, 2012 (UTC)
Please stop attacking me in the forum. It's making you look bad, and it's irrelevant to the discussion at hand. If you're mad with me, I have a talk page. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- If that is how you feel, then there's nothing I can do. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
I'm just marking you as suspended until this blows over. I really hope when this calms down, and everyone gets back on with things you can come back to us. Agent c 00:53, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, thats not much of a destination... We've only been running a week! I think you're judging people wrong Agent c 01:01, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
He (Cartman) was not the one to lose his composure, insult another editor nor perform a dramatic and immature drama stunt.”— Scarface
Thats a rejection of your behaviour, not an insult.
...Pulled yet another of our wiki's patented drama stunts in "leaving until Cartman! is gone."”— Scarface again
...and outright insulting another user like that is unacceptable.”— Oh, gee. Scarface... once again
It smacks me as validation seeking, as if his intention were to make it so that people would beg him for him to comeback, and meet him with fanfare when he finally does.”— Limmiegirl
It was completely appalling to see an administrator resort to what's essentially a childish tantrum and passive-aggressive emotional blackmail to get his way.”— Limmiegirl
We can't have admins spazzing out because of a measly argument.”— Oct
It's exactly these kinds of outbursts that everybody is fed up with YM.”— Limmie
Stop acting like a spoilt child.”— Wow, Scar is on an insult roll
In my eyes, that seems really, really butthurt.”— WeirdoWithCoffee, regarding my expression of emotions
Not sure about this one.
They all describe specific behaviours Yessie, not your character. Agent c 01:36, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
I've highlighted what I think are the key things you seem to be overlooking. They are saying you act like an immature child, etc. It is your behaviour that is being rejected Yessie, not your character. Agent c 01:46, March 24, 2012 (UTC) Also, your vote is going well IMO. Agent c 01:47, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Can you enter chat for a moment? Jspoel 02:04, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll be looking forward to seeing you then. ;) Although I guess it's official that Cartman! won't be there. :/ I'm sure there's other things you'd like to get off your chest though. You had some good ideas that I'd like to see come to fruition. Skål! 22:20, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Friendly advice Edit
You know I have an awful lot of respect for you, even still.
But... Stop, just stop now. Stating the case for the defence was one thing (and an important one), but your more directed comments now are harming your case. You need to start detaching your obvious great amount of emotion from your comments unless you want to start arguing the case for the prosecution ;-) Agent c 22:52, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
- I agree with you 100%, but at this point you're only doing yourself harm. You're coming across as very emotional and making their arguments for them. its up to you as always, but my advice is leave the comments there for today, respond tomorrow after you've had a day to consider them. Agent c 23:10, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
The Vault Edit
Have you not considered simply going to the Vault rather than disappearing from the scene altogether? Then at least I wouldn't have to say goodbye, and Cartman is inactive. Is that not a solution? Φύλαξ [~μίλησε μου~] 20:13, March 25, 2012 (UTC)
I am ending the reconfirmation poll as you have resigned. Cartman's will remain open. I am sorry to see you go. If you change your mind you will be welcome back here. I would take Guardian's suggestion to heart. It's better than losing an editor completely. Good luck in your future endeavors and I'm sorry to see you go.--Kingclyde 05:06, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
So this is it then? Well... you have my e-mail of course and I'll still hold hopes towards seeing you at the meeting. (Which is on Tuesday. I updated my forum for further details.) I'm sorry to see you go though, I was hoping your stay would be more permanent since Al convinced you to come back during your days as an Anon. Maybe one day I'll see you here again when FO4 comes out. Skål! 05:10, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- couldn't have put it better. Agent c 14:40, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Ah, well, you could have just stayed. But if it's your chioce, so be it. Hope to see you again, in some different circumstances. MysteryStranger: Trust in the power of Infinity! 12:47, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
My point of view. Edit
As a new user, I probably don't have the authority to say this(but I certainly have the right to): let it be known that I'm completely against your resignation and your loss of admin power. The wiki is for editing and spreading the Fallout lore first; chat and forums come second. A notable contributor like you shouldn't leave because of chat/forums. Your work here should be the number one criterion for the analysis of your recent actions, as with anybody else. What has he/she done for the wiki? Is the wiki growing with this/that person? And, from the little I've known about you, you're a great asset to this community, and that answers positively the questions above. I've seen your reconfirmation request, and I think sometimes people forget that this is primarily a wiki, not a chat page. Well, that's my point of view.
Yessie I may not have known you well but I still know you were a great guy. If you believe that leaving is your final decision then I wish the best of luck in life. But would you think about staying, if you persist with bringing this place together more then maybe, maybe it will sink through. Let this situation with Cartman go and if it happens again in the future then he will be brought to question. I really don't think it's worth throwing away friendships you've made here just for something quite small. Kiwi The Australian Kiwi 18:40, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
I can't believe you're doing this. I cannot express in words how sad I am to see you go. What happened to the uplifting, joyful, community-minded Yes-Man that we all once knew? I know the recent events may have been hard on you, I do, trust me. But it would be all behind us soon! You have plenty of friends here and people who care about you (including myself). Whilst it is your decision, I sincerely hope you come back. I don't care how it'll look, I just want to see you back and in the state before all this happened. But if you don't, then I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours. --Danny -SigmaDelta54(Talk) 18:41, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't know about his one, you know. Why don't you take a break for a while and see how you feel a few weeks from now? Things can have changed by then again, here as well as for yourself, and who knows for the better. And maybe you can still reconsider your attendence on the Meeting of the Minds chat. I'd like to have you there, I'm sure you would have plenty to say. Btw, if you feel like it, you can ping me (got that from Sannse) for a chat. Jspoel 19:02, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
If this is goodbye... Edit
I'm sad to see you go, really.
It's my hope that I'm going to forget about this week - quickly. I can't even recognise you at the moment - this sort of continued highly charged emotional reaction is alien to my experience of you. I really want to believe that there's something else outside the wiki that's contributing - if you EVER - and I mean EVER - need to talk, know I'll always come running. I've had to deal with a lot of crap in my life, and amongst your friends here - and I'd still like to believe that not Only you and I are friends, but even the people who you currently see as betraying you are your friends - I'm not the only one.
On you path, if you find the Yes Man that managed this exchange with Tag, please tell him we miss him and want him to come home!
You will ALWAYS have a place here.
Agent c 19:16, March 26, 2012 (UTC)
Please don't leave, Yessie...you were my best friend on here. I wish you the best of luck in life. Your friend, Weirdo --16:14, March 27, 2012 (UTC)
Patron EditIf you still check up on here from time to time, I just wanted to let you know that I am modifying the look of our patrons at SNM. Went ahead and took the liberties of doing yours myself:
So if you ever come back and decide to at least continue working with me as Ask Marcus, you can make whatever changes you need to the template I just provided and you'll be welcomes back with open arms. Skål! 06:44, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Yours was certainly one of the more popular patrons, so I guess if you're not coming back I'll see about someone else taking over for you. It's a shame you won't be around anymore. :( I'm making a lot of changes to SNM if you haven't seen already. Skål! 07:18, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Yessie. I know you still check in once a while, and we have not forgotten you. This place is quite different without you, in a bad sense. You were an important member of the community, perhaps more than you thought you were. Just want you to know that the door is still open. It always is. -SigmaDelta54(Talk) 17:59, April 1, 2012 (UTC)
Note to selfEdit
Restored your chatrightsEdit
Hey Yes Man. Hope your cooled down a bit from the all happenings here in the past few weeks. It's been a tough time for everyone, but I'd like to believe it has not been all in vain. Now we're past that stage and things have settled down again. Clyde earlier decided to reinstate chatmod rights to Cartman! and I'm going to do the same for you, as a token of good faith. I'd say, reconsider your leave, and see if you can find your place here again. Things have changed, so you can give it a chance I think. You're still a valued member here. Jspoel 20:57, April 13, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Yessie, just saw an edit by you. It's good to see you around here again, mate. I know a lot of other people have already said it, but I'll say it too: you're welcome back here at any time; there will always be a place for you.
Just thought I should stop by and say hello.
Keep in touch, mate. Cheers, --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 08:31, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
- Absolutely agree with you, mate. Editing is so much fun! When I'm feeling stressed or overwhelmed by the University stuff, I just throw it all away, sit in front of the pc and start editing articles here. It's like a therapy.
- Just the fact that you're back here, helping the wiki again (like you'd been doing for a long time) is a great thing for all of us. I'll never forget the support you, Chad and Mystery (together with some other guys) gave me when I joined. You should definitely stay for good, because I could realise during this whole thing that many people like you a lot on here, and they were missing you.
- Oh, on another subject: Mystery, Kiwi and Danny have suggested that I apply for patroller. I've been strongly considering that, and I think soon I'll try it. Although I think it's too much of a responsibility, I expect to get the hang of it soon and help the wiki even more.
- As for the beard, cheers, mate! ;-) I have some other pictures in which it was even longer. hahaha I'll see if I can upload them later.
- Make yourself at home again, man!
- --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 08:53, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Good to have you back. Agent c 10:00, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Never been a big one for traditional Aussie things or aboriginal culture, guess I've always been a Brit at heart. That said, I think there's a lot of truth in the Walkabout that Aboriginal culture is know for. You were in a bad situation, you went walkabout, learned a few truths (if you most recent posts to me are any clue), and are now hopefully a better person for it.
I know that you know the road from here isn't easy, there are still a few people that are going to feel hurt (heck I think I still have a metforical bruise or two), but I really mean it when I say Welcome back. You belong here and it's great to have you home. Agent c 18:49, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
You're spot on, a walkabout has got to be the best way for clearing your head in my opinion. There's just something not right about going on one through a field compared to back in Australia. ;) Kiwi 18:54, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
About time I contacted youEdit
Well, Yessie, I hope this message isn't pointless. You really need to come back for good. The whole community is lessened without you. Also, read this. I think your part in it about sums up what I would say here. -- ☢Valoopy☣ 10:53, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Yessie, you got to stop yanking us around here. One day you've left "forever" and a couple days later, you come back. If you threaten to leave again, no one is going to believe you; they know you're just going to come back. It's still good to have you back... again. Hopefully, this the last time you tug us around. Cheers, Kastera (talk) 16:20, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Welcome back Edit
Well my news feed has told me a certain robot is back on the scene. Good to see you back and editing! Kiwi 17:47, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hello vice president yes man! It's good to have you back with us! Please don't leave again, the colony here at nukapedia would never be the same without you. The Enclave shall prevail! 19:24, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
While I am glad you've decided to return, I hope we don't see any more episodes of the sort. Hope things can get back to normal. If you ever need anything, gimme a shout. SigmaDelta54 (Talk) 00:04, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I just read your reply to Kas. I think we have quite a bit in common. I think you can leave the past\ all behind you now. You're a good man, honestly. SigmaDelta54 (Talk) 00:18, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
They stole my message Edit
Hmmm I don't mind chat I'm not in there too much though I lag like hell >.< What would you think of me applying out curiosity? Kiwi 00:06, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
Don't worry I don't feel pressured :P I had been thinking about it for awhile. But I'm not in chat too much and I could get people in chat saying: "hang on he's never around though". But yeah I'll speak to a few others who are between chat and editing and see what they think. Kiwi 00:14, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
Quotes project. Edit
Glad that you've joined us, mate! Welcome!
Well, we're currently working more on FO2 quests/characters, as FO1 articles are all finished. I've finished other articles (factions/locations) from FO2 as well, just need to tick'em on the progress table. The characters would be a good start, but that's up to which area you prefer. We haven't checked characters from Modoc, New Reno, V. City, Redding, et cetera; so I guess you can start from there.
Remember, when ticking the progress table, check if the article already had quotes (in this case, tick "Checked for quote"), or if you've added them ("Quote added"); but it's really all there. Also check all guidelines and scope, and although I've put there that "if any user changes quotes in articles that he/she deems dumb or vague, they should talk to the other members concerning the change", that doesn't work so well. But everybody there is a capable editor, so I trust their judgment(that includes yours); if they want to change the dull quotes, it's okay. As for when we'll start doing the peer review, that's (obviously) when all the edits are over.
(I'm sure you're familiar with pretty much all the project stuff that I've mentioned, but I'm just making sure the welcome message is complete... hehehe)
Good to have you on board, Yessie! Any doubt about the project, just holler.;-) --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 04:23, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Remember, one of the guidelines says that if the quote is said by the character the article is about, there is no need for citing the name of the character below the quote. So Davin and John Cassidy don't need their names there, since they said that, for example. The only exceptions are in the case that they are clearly talking to someone a regular user wouldn't clearly identify whom (there are some cases in which we put "Myron, to the Chosen One with low intelligence" after the quote, for example).
- The other exception is when a character is in more than one Fallout game (Harold is a classic example). If the quote is by him, make sure you put his name, followed by the Fallout title the quote appeared in (FO1, 2, BOS or 3). You can also use timeline years for that.
- --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 04:46, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- No prob, mate. ;-) It's quite simple, really. The only section that has mostly non-"quote-added" articles (so to speak) is quests, and that's the most annoying one. But in characters, we usually don't have to add many of them, just adapt them to the project patterns.
- Don't forget that you have dialogue files in the infoboxes of the characters to help you with nice quotations.
- Cheers, --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 05:00, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
I need to talk to you when you have a moment. Hit me up on my talk page if you don't see me in chat when you come on. Agent c 21:56, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Seems I missed you. Well no need for secrecy I suppose. I wanted to talk to you about the new user network... I see you removed the suspended mark by your name, I'm hoping that means you're ready for a mentee. If you do, I believe there may be a supply of coffee in it for you ;-) Let me know what you think. Agent c 23:23, April 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Done Deal. Consider yourself a mentorwithcoffee. Agent c 17:37, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
Joe Budden Edit
It's proven fact Joe Budden is far superior. ToCxHawK 05:55, April 18, 2012 (UTC)
- That's not David Bowie, that is a song called Pump it Up lolz. ToCxHawK 05:22, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
A little present. Edit
This is for you, mate. For the great comeback.
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
- De nada, meu caro. I just think a good job must be recognised (just like my job is being well received by the whole community, thankfully), and you're came back like a boss.
- As for the "chicken", that's the great thing about it. Nobody will ever expect much from it in the wasteland, until they find out what kind of chicken it is. ;-) At least in Modoc, nobody did.
- Cheers, mate! --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 07:25, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
While I see some doubt, I thank you for the vote. Every day I prove that the past is past and today is... well, today! MS: Destiny conquers all. 19:17, April 20, 2012 (UTC)
Chris Rock Edit
New Users Network Edit
Alright, so when do we start? --20:21, April 22, 2012 (UTC)
What about Davis and Matilda West? They appear dead, and nobody apart from Lucy West mentions them, and her lines about them are short and boring. User:Broccoli. 04:07, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
ANZAC day Edit
Hope you've attended a dawn service ;) Kiwi 19:24, April 24, 2012 (UTC)
I guess it's not everyone's favourite thing but the atmosphere is great! Kiwi 06:16, April 25, 2012 (UTC)
I know my comments may sound a little too harsh to some, but really I'm only trying to get him to improve (which I believe he will, after some discussion in chat). And we obviously don't see the same about Tocino, but I'll leave it at that. Now about that whole Cartman! thing: believe it or not, I do understand (to an extent) how you feel. You feel betrayed, treated unfairly by those whom you had trusted. I know Cartman! can be frustrating, but he did nothing wrong - he stayed within the rules and just because people detest his style of argument and general personality doesn't mean he deserves to be demoted. Anyhow, I do think you've changed, and this has been furthered by your post to Kastera. But perhaps I'm wrong, and what you did was indeed a summit of emotions and intolerance of Cartman. I do not think people don't like you any more or forgot about your kindness in the past, they just feel that the incident was un-admin-like of you. --Skire (talk) 00:34, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
Go for it. Only the Mystery Polls and WND have been updating regularly, and Mystery is about to take some time off too very soon. We could use someone to step in and bring entertainment to the masses. Skål! 10:21, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
The Mystery pollsEdit
I thank you for the offer. However, things could resolve here (or may not), so I'll cut you a deal. If I don't make that poll in Saturday, you get that ownership. MS: Destiny conquers all. 18:49, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks like you're on it already, but as long as Mystery is not making Saturday polls. I'd like you to make those. It's important to keep the crowd entertained, right? Jspoel 19:38, April 29, 2012 (UTC)
RE.: Na-na na-na na-na na-na... Batman! Edit
Thank you, mate! ;-) Really nice from you! Well, I've posted the two drawings mostly as a demonstration to justify the probable beginning of new endeavour of mine here at Nukapedia (check the post "An idea." on Chad's talk page). But thanks a lot! I'd like to see your drawings too, mate!
Oh, and I've uploaded a couple of images of my beard from last year. The December one was the longest I've ever got. XD Cheers, mate! --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 06:35, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
- Very nice, mate! You certainly know how to handle lines and facial expressions, and that's just a sketch (imagine the finished artwork). I'm fascinated by comic drawings/caricatures; they're so difficultly subtle (I just can't draw the Vault Boy, for instance). Very nice.
- Catch up with you later, man! --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 06:48, April 30, 2012 (UTC)
Maybe you should have listened after all. Try and hop into chat a little later. Joe Budden is still better. ToCxHawK 22:04, May 1, 2012 (UTC)
Quotations Project Edit
Hey Yessie, I know I'm not involved with the Quotations Project, but I noticed the history pages were missed, specifically the History of the New California Republic and History of the Brotherhood of Steel pages. Do those not count? I would add them myself, but I'm not sure what quotes to use. Paladin117>>iff bored 05:36, May 4, 2012 (UTC)
Looks like its been sorted, but the key is [[Category:news]]. Sometimes after thats added it may seem to take some time to get on the front page. Agent c 14:39, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for posting that poll, but did you use [[Poll:name]] on purpose? We also have <poll>poll options</poll> which MS uses. Difference with yours is that you don't have to vote first to see the result so far. Jspoel 16:20, May 5, 2012 (UTC)
Can you come to chat and have a few more words? "Game's rigged from the start."
FO1/2 Quotes Edit
Yeah no worries I'm going to be busy for the next few hours but when I get home I'll look at them. Kiwi 07:37, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
Right that's all of them check. Kiwi 20:49, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
No worries I'll let George know that the project can be closed. Kiwi 10:24, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Rob! Sorry for the delay in answering the message, mate. But thank you lot for the great help! I've just closed the project and I'll make the medals for the contributors! Well deserved! ;-) --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 13:38, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Then I leave for, say, one month. Only stopping by now and then as an anonymous user. I return to find you an administrator, and I don't know what I missed, but you acted a hell of a lot differently to the Scar that I became friends with. You were making rules for the sake of being in the limelight, starting controversies where they didn't need to be started. I heard stories, about how you removed Emily from your life because she "played too much CoD". Or about how you kicked a guy from chat because he was talking about Skyrim and you didn't agree with what he was saying.
And then you start talking about how you want to make the Wiki some sort of despotic Dictatorship where one person makes all the rules. That wasn't the Scarface I made friends with, that was something else. Calling me arrogant for a bureaucrat request which, I agree, was silly. But regardless, my feelings were hurt. Final nail in the coffin was when you so willingly wrote up that one-sided reconfirmation request. Did it ever cross your mind once to, I dunno, maybe ask me what was wrong before you made me into a target for the community's built up frustration? Or pull me aside and work it out before deciding that you were insulted by something that never concerned you? Then the nerve to suggest that I can't claim to be insulted because people choose what insults them, or to say that I can't show emotions when everyone else can.
There were a few terms thrown at me like spoilt child, drama queen, referring to the issue as me "throwing a tantrum". Not really how someone treats his best friend. So, I'll say it again. I still want to be friends with you, but I want to be friends with the Scarface from eleven months ago. Not the one now.”— You
I decided to respond on your talk page, as to not cause even more controversy and drama in the general wiki space, something you seem to be excellent at.
Your whole text seem to be centred around me changing. I can't say that I didn't. During my year here I've gotten more cynical, realistic and overall more... down. You got to know me during a period in my life when nothing was wrong. I had everything I needed, I was in love, I had no stress; no world on my shoulders. Where did I change? Well, I can't say my new school is bad; it's actually the best school I've ever gone to. I wish I could stay forever. Then my parents decided to move. The only solid thing in my life, the only place where I've felt safe and accepted besides the Wiki was being pulled away. Great. My parents got deeply dissatisfied with anything less than an A in every subject, something I can't even begin to match up to. Emily went on long bouts of... well, not being there, at all. Which was something that hurt more than anything else in this little emotional equation of mine.
This all added up to me needing to channel my frustration and self-anger some place. I first tried writing, but that never worked much. I started punching walls, but swollen, purple fingers showed too much; there was no reasonable way of hiding it. So, I thought, what could I easily hide? Well, small cuts aren't that hard to hide. Besides, I don't scar that much, would barely leave a trace. I build miniatures so I've got lots of knives at home, in my couch even. You probably see where this is going, don't you? It's nothing I'm proud of, anyway.
Anyway, this was how the situation looked when you decided to up and disappear. "Bye guys, I like you a lot and all, but you don't mean enough to me for to stay. Laters.". That night hurt, so I decided to start fixing things; to stop being a victim of... everything? Something like that; it felt like it anyway. You were the first one to get sorted into the "People I like hanging around but don't trust" category. A place where you seem to fit perfectly.
So yeah, that should answer the reason as to why I changed. How did I change? As I said earlier I got more cynical, more pragmatic, less emotionally attached to the Wiki. As a way to defend myself, really; something I think everyone should consider. Separate emotions from work. I can't hold back punches on a professional level just because we were friends at the time, or even are. A wiki won't ever function that way. I separated it quite nicely; everyone I care about I have on either Facebook or Skype, mostly both. I never did get your facebook, which in retrospect seems appropriate I guess.
Was the change right? Yes.
Now, for what you said in your response to me. First of all, I do not want you to first be throwing things like "Did it never occur to ask me about it?" to moments after pawn of rumours as facts. Me kickbanning someone for disagreeing? I've never done such a things, even thought it's pretty obvious that someone might interpret it as such if they got banned. I often discuss, and certain people simply can't discuss things in an agreeable manner, often with the result of them getting aggravated and breaking rules. Not my fault, not really my problem. It has happened, but I am far from alone in this. Now, this thing about Emily is a chapter in and of itself, and I did it to protect myself. There's no other reason, and I can't say I'm proud of it, but I felt like I had to start anew and face reality. Would we ever meet? Most probably not. But that wasn't all. Every chance I got to talk to her, I worked hard to get, and I never prioritised her beneath anything else. Ever. If I'm in a relationship, I devote my everything. What did I get back? Someone who would be gone for more than a month and say sorry and hope that everything was OK. It's not OK. It never is.
So, after she drifted off for a sixth time for something else - I have no idea if it was actually CoD, Skyrim, friends; and I don't really care - I decided that it hurt to much and I couldn't expose myself to it any more. I left her to protect myself, and that was the only reason. That's it. What really pissed me off with your rather lax acceptance of rumours as facts was that I apparently "removed her from [my] life for playing too much COD." Like it was fucking was easy for me? I probably have never done a harder thing in my life, and it didn't feel good in any way, but believed it was necessary, and I still believe it was. My last words to her even was "I still want you in my life", if I remember correctly, in total opposition of your little rumour.
The point of this, do not call me out on not checking things with you when you cannot do the same thing with me. What I did was a professional matter, a Wiki matter. What you're blatantly pawning off as facts to my stone cold heart are rumours, and you didn't even give me the common courtesy to ask me? Interesting.
Now, I started talking about making this wiki "some sort of despotic Dictatorship where one person makes all the rules." This is blatantly untrue and even you know this. I put it up as a suggestion to have a dictator, according to the Roman model, work out the fora and votes that were up in an effort to clear the air, so to speak. My suggestion was a week, and it was merely a suggestion, something I didn't even drive that hard. I wanted to help the wiki just as everyone else, and people like Ci and Danny were behind me on it, though I'm not going to speak for them here.
Now, for my very deep rooted policy on insults and the like. I never called you anything, but I did comment a lot on your actions. I called your "explosion" a childish tantrum, which I stand by. I called your bureaucrat request arrogant, and I stand by that, as I trust many others do. I willingly wrote up your reconfirmation request? Not really willingly, no, but I thought it was what needed to be done. People had been surfing for too long on the edge of the rules without any consequences, and someone needed to get martyred. It just so happened to be you. I was not the only one who thought it was the right things to do, and I didn't take initiative on my own; I just happened to be the one who compiled it since I remembered Tagaziel's.
Back on track, I never said you can't be insulted just because people choose what insults them, but I firmly believe, and stand for, the fact that calling a person's actions and works things like "idiotic" or "foolish" is not the same as calling the individual. It's simply a form of critique of what he did. I still consider your tantrum to have been both childish and foolish, and I stand for that. I'm not saying that you can't be insulted, I'm just saying that we as administrators cannot control what people get insulted by, and as such cannot simply go on the feelings of the, so called, victim; only the facts we have. Feel insulted all you like; be emotional all you like.
Not how you treat you best friend? Well, as I said, I separate work and play, and you burned far too many bridges when you just up and left for me to actually care. You're still pleasurable "leisure" company - you are a funny guy - but I'll never trust you again. It's simply too hard for me. But I'm sure you've already gotten that.
Now, I've just got one final set of critique about this, your latest little blog post. You criticise me for creating unneeded controversy (I assume the talk page fora, which was an active debate even before the fora) in the very same blogpost which gets shut down due to all the controversy it causes? You left not once, but twice, wreaking havoc all across the Wiki in the process. You have no right to lecture me, Rob. You say that Frazier isn't mature enough through no more motivation than his age. I think you've clearly shown that age does not equal maturity. I really didn't need to write you this, but I chose to anyway, seeing as all your claims were in the back of my head, frustrating as they were. So anyway, that's that. I'm now going to end this suitably dramatic, Rob, you're after all the dramatic one of us.
The Scarface you knew is dead. Your friend is gone.
- I disabled commenting again on the blog this message is relating to, per Yessie's request. I would also like to ask that no further discussion on this matter take place here. Take it to a more personal and private setting please. Certain users have already gotten themselves worked up over this, and I'd rather not see matters become exasperated. Thank you. Skål! 21:27, May 6, 2012 (UTC)
Not directly. But you did thank Sigma for doing so before, so I knew there was no protest from you. Anyways, don't worry about me. I did what I did and Clyde did what he did. Nothing less, nothing more, so don't think it was your fault in any way. :) I'm just sorry this turned out so bad for you. I left the message I did because I've seen how people are talking about you, and I don't like it. (One of the reasons why I don't like chat.) I was just trying to stop things from escalating. -shrugs- Oh well. I failed, didn't I? :P Skål! 14:35, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Medals FO 1 and 2 quotations projectEdit
Can I give medals to the project participants myself, or do I need an admin to do so? Cause I've already made the medals, and wanted to award you guys for the great job.
Anyway, here you go (if I must not do it, then just ignore heheheh):
You have been awarded the Nukapedia Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout 1 and 2 Quotations Project.
- Limmie has just cleared that matter up. It's ok with the medal. On that note, can you award me mine? ;-)
- Again, thanks for the immense help with the project!
- Cheers, --Crimson Frankie -ArroyoTalk 23:17, May 7, 2012 (UTC)
Hey yessie! I have been missing you in that chat. Look man it's over. People will always remember, but just because they will doesn't mean the worlds gonna end. I read your blog, and you are one of my friends, and I want to talk you.please come back to the chat. The Enclave shall prevail! 03:39, May 8, 2012 (UTC)
I see what you have done. I want to say that the next poll I'm going to make will be the last. I would like that you take the place for polls. Would you? MS: Destiny conquers all. 18:35, May 9, 2012 (UTC)
- One another thing - why did you write that every Sunday polls will be made when the title was Saturday Poll? MS: Destiny conquers all. 12:56, May 10, 2012 (UTC)
Yes man you are a great person i wish for you to not lose anything. Keep on marching soldier or robot soldier or maybe robot sex slave arghhhh thoses robo sex slaves freak me out but atleast they keep payin the caps. -Aussie Man of nature --Prokiller9000 10:29, May 10, 2012 (UTC) Prokiller9000
Yes man i hope you do not lose anything mate you are a great robot keep on marching on soldier or robo soldier or robot sex slave arghhh they freak me out thoses robot sex addicts but they pay atleast. -Aussie man of nature Prkiller9000
just a few ideas for your polls let me know what you think
Favorite fallout(series) main quest Favorite fallout faction (general or game specific) Favorite unique weapon Favorite weapon mod (in game not 3rd party) Favorite skill Favorite DLC
So let me know what you think also know that i love a good natured argument so dont be surprised if i post a lot--Jman1997 04:12, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
In Response to Earlier Edit
I can't really make that decision for you. If you really want to, then I would be happy. :) But if you feel like that might not be the best course of action for now, then you should probably go with that instead. Skål! 03:06, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Then I will be happy to see your face at least once a week then. :) I'll be looking forward to your polls! Let me know if I can ever help out. Skål! 03:15, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
I think we should do this way. We'll both make the poll. The thing is that mine will be the last one, while you can update it every week (if you wish). Since you named yours as Saturday Poll, then continue to update them at Saturdays. That's all. MS: Destiny conquers all. 08:49, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
No need to thank me, just do those damned polls! :3 - Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
I did have this in mind for the background, it'd need a little tweaking and it's currently being iffy for me when I try to set it, but that can come later once we get proper substance onto the wiki. The logo is currently the one that EO or someone set ages ago, and since we're changing to name (or probably) it's become mostly redundant, since it'll show the wrong name. It'll likely be "Fallout Strategy wiki" unless someone comes up with something with a bit more pizazz. I'm not sure how long that'll take, but once a descision has been reached, I'll see if I can get in touch. If you're still offering to be our artist that is. Thanks. -- 23:42, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
- If you could start on the background, that'd be brill. I'm a little too pre-occupied to chat for the moment, but another time perhaps. Thanks again. -- 23:50, May 11, 2012 (UTC)
poll ideas Edit
just a few ideas for your polls let me know what you think
Favorite fallout(series) main quest Favorite fallout faction (general or game specific) Favorite unique weapon Favorite weapon mod (in game not 3rd party) Favorite skill Favorite DLC
So let me know what you think also know that i love a good natured argument so don't be surprised if i post a lot PS sorry i forgot how to do this
--Jman1997 04:12, May 13, 2012 (UTC)
Boosting, me? Why, I never!Edit
I'm seriously considering it myself... <.< - Cut me some slack, I haven't edited seriously in months, and I just got time for it again, will take some time to get in the groove again. Beyond that, I'm not having the best morning of my life today. I'll try not to fuck up again xD - Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- Some random number of kilobytes that I never seem to remember, 50 headings or special reasons. I think yours qualify for both 50 headings and special reasons, so you archive away, boi. Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"