| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Yes-Man. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
You can't just delete these forum pages; if you feel the discussion is over, then lock them, and if you want to avoid confusion then you need to rename them. If you create a forum then it has to stay, unless it's spam. I'm going to restore them, Rob, but understand it isn't a slight on you :) κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 00:10, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
- I hate how you're always so apologetic, it makes me feel bad: like some kind of bruiser enforcing the rules. Sorry if I come across like that, I don't mean to. κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 00:42, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks Yessie. To paraphrase Haunakin "May it be of no use" (for the right reasons) It looks really good ;-) Agent c 06:29, February 18, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for the congrats! Jspoel 22:21, February 19, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you for supporting me! Edit
Why thank you for the new map! It looks so much better than my piece of crap map I made, haha. Sometimes I hate Paint. I'll add that new map up to my tale, and hopefully I can reclaim some of my creativity and finish up that whole thing. TrailerParkApe TPA 08:14, February 22, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah Garoux came onto the chat room and told me, i so badly wanted to punch the bastard in the face btw ive FINALLY done ALL sidequests in FFVI aside from Stragore's ultimate Lore which i will come back to if the need arises, next stop, KEFKA'S TOWER (but i might need to level grind my party *sigh*).TheNemesisx 08:15, February 23, 2012 (UTC)
Vulgar vulgarity Edit
It was created by my friend Halo g33k101, and it is shared by everyone. I did post on the chat that I was banned from the Fallout Wiki for speaking Italian, but I didn't think he'd go as far as go to the actual chat. The account is shared by 5+ users, so BoobStache will be on different people at different times. It's better off anyway if you delete him from the Fallout Wiki forever (BoobStache,) because it won't do you any good, will it Yessie. Feel free to check out the Wiki, before it's removed. :D Kippyhis 08:03, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
I don't mind being banned for a week, anyway. What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Eh, buddy? ;)
welcome back ? Edit
Dude.. It is sad how they latch on.
- I am glad yer back. Sorry this was your greeting.
I just know what I believe and once I spoke mah peace I tend to on. Some folks just can' t tend to there own.e
How is this not a rhyming joke ?
*Jill could be Bill & Jack a Jenny but undersexed teens will stroke to any ~
Promote who you want I'm done caring
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 11:43, February 27, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, I understand. But with all due respect to you too I will offer words of concern to anyone I please. As long as I am within the parameters of our policies I am free to do what I want. This is a free wiki and I have been an actively contributing member, and I don't feel like being told by an admin what or what is not my business. The policies clearly state: "Additional power is not a reward for good contributions nor a promotion to have more authority than other users". Please understand, I am not being snide or trying to be rude, I am merely stating facts. -ΣΔLet's talk! 01:38, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Ever since I've known you, you've only done what is in the best interest of the wiki. I appreciate your concerns and will try to mind my own business more in the future. However, I was not suggesting anything about a block, nor anything of the sort. I am simply voicing my concerns to Gauzz about sexism. If there is an issue I feel like I should speak up on, I will. Thanks Yessie. -ΣΔLet's talk! 02:16, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Gauzz and RainbowEdit
To be fair to Gauzz, she was the one that set it off. I agree with the stuff with Emily and I, but Rainbow actually initiated a quasi-cyber sex with Gauzz in chat. This will surely have messed with his head so I don't think it is fair to pin all the blame for his behaviour towards her on him. She coaxed him into such things. Not trying to defend his actions but I thought it would only be right if all the facts were presented. Loves "Even In Death May You Be Triumphant" 09:29, February 28, 2012 (UTC)
Tell ya wHat Edit
I Was Impressed Edit
I read your page and im interested to the point of asking how I can make the same type of Character stat chart that you have set up, but a lil bit more personalized? Is it just a sequence of 1's and 0's (nerd joke :D ) or do is it a gift from admins and have to be higher up the food chain to recive it? DeltaLegio 18:22, March 1, 2012 (UTC)DeltaLegio
I thank you GREATLY for the infobox (and am soory I didnt call it the right thing the first time) but I was just wondering how I can get it into my profile page... sadly I tried copy and paste but it didnt do anything I had planned for it... please help :( DeltaLegio 14:15, March 2, 2012 (UTC) DeltaLegio
My last question on Ask Marcus Edit
You know, my last question on AM's answer is an "arrow in the knee" joke but it is "Courier-esqued". However, the answer should be "I used to be a courier, but then I took a bullet in the head". Thanks for the hilarious wrong answer anyway. :P "Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
You are soo beautiful... to meeee Edit
- You have no idea. Tornados are touching down everywhere over here so I've been sitting around with my thumb up my ass all day waiting for the weather to clear up. Skål! 02:28, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, very loud and windy. My cat is sitting at our partially open window enjoying the wind that's slamming in. It's quite a humorous sight. xD Skål! 02:33, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
What ever you think is best Man Edit
I did not see any other pictures of the explosion and I did not see an automated message say'n the name had been used.
- Would changing the caption work better or what ?
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 02:34, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
Fair enough thanks for the guidance I'll add it to the page you suggested just give me a second before deleting the original.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 02:39, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
I blocked him for calling another editor a douche just because they called him out on blanking his talk-page. It wasn't too serious of an insult though, so I only made it a 1-day ban. Skål! 23:07, March 3, 2012 (UTC)
"Third person glitching" Edit
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll just stop being lazy next time. Sorry if it wasted your time. Have a nice day! Crazyman101wikia 09:48, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
Noticed you deleted the HN AP Needler cartridge page because it was a copy of another one. But it's better to redirect it. Now you deleted it, while there still was a bunch of pages linked to it. So that was leaving red links allover. Just a reminder for the future. Jspoel 13:39, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
It still says I'm banned from the chat, it probably meant that it banned me for a week and three days, but I'm sure if there is a problem it won't go on much longer. Kippyhis 04:23, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Haha!!! Oh my gawd, I wasn't conscious when I wrote those. Thank you for catching my mistake. :P I've always confused Primm and Novac together since .... forever. KnowledgeProspector 08:43, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
- I insist, it was for my ignorance. :P I'm kinda well-rested today, hence why I'm editing more often... but it's getting really late though, and I'm on the verge of being cranky again tomorrow (gotta wake up in 5hrs). I see that you're slightly OCD. Don't let it get worse or it'll make you even more of a weirdo than you are now...... O_O Man, what is it with OCD's today.... if you noticed above your comment, Sigma's also mentioned a OCD habit :P KnowledgeProspector 09:41, March 7, 2012 (UTC)
Final Fantasy VII Edit
Ok so my FFVII copy arrived in the mail yesterday so ive been playing a bit of it today and so far....It's not ALL that good, im not bored of it or anything BUT i just feel that IV, VI, VIII and X are better than VII, maybe because it's too modern day like, a bit Sci-Fi-ish, or maybe it just needs time to pick up, at the moment im about to fight my second boss battle and apparntly President Shinra will show up soon.TheNemesisx 00:57, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
Hi i got you meg about the pics, i thought i got rid of them. I kept 7 didn't know there was a limit. I don't understand the rule for that, but i adhere to it. Im very new, 1st wiki profile, i hope i can bring info and help those who need it, i little info ive played every Fallout game and Elder scroll game that every came out, ive also been invited to work for Bestesda after i get a degree. If there are any other rules i need to know plz meg me them, i hope i can be helpful to everyone, and i hope to hear from you agin.Epic Fallout 04:01, March 8, 2012 (UTC)
- Happy editing, P.S i wont be on alot got the mood for Oblivion agin, i will be on every now and then :)
Thanx!and im a girl but still my grandma showed me this stuff im hooked on this type of music. its real awesome!--Oldworldblues42 01:21, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- Haha its alright,and my grandma is but i get the rest from my parents! wow i forgot to put the Beatles on there ugh!--Oldworldblues42 01:27, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
alright i bet i will i love classic rock i like way more artists and bands they just werent in my mind at the time. and i do like the beach boys ive listened to them before. i like songs about my home state michigan like some Bob seger songs and Journey they both mention ann arbor and detroit. thanx ill go listen to that right now and i like this place i feel very welcome here with everyone knowing what im talking about when i talk about OWB and such and im happy to find another classic rock fan never happens these days--Oldworldblues42 01:38, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
- I like the chorus its really catchy thanx!--Oldworldblues42 01:43, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
Thats an interesting song i really like the chorus alot i think im gonna dd it to my list becuz i like that song i hopwe i hear it on the radio like i heard some of men at works songs. the one song has lots of flute in it i used to play flute but now i play oboe still trying to play bohemian rhapsody on oboe its difficult!--Oldworldblues42 01:51, March 9, 2012 (UTC)
i finally did some page editing and its been about 9 minutes and still it hasnt been deleted! yay, wow this makes me feel kinda wimpy. hmm not a great feeling. --Oldworldblues42 04:00, March 10, 2012 (UTC)
i found 2 other ELO songs i like so i added them to my list Telephone Line and Turn to Stone. i was clicking on the ELO songs on the side while i was listening to Living Thing for some reason i thought that you would like to know um. anyways hi.--Oldworldblues42 04:39, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Sure i'll check it out ive been looking for my favorite ELO song all day i just don't know the name but my other most favorite is for sure Living Thing. I enjoy that song and i know all the words even the background sounds and in between when it has violin and stuff i try my best to make that noise. hehe that's a good song.--Oldworldblues42 04:54, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
OMG this is the song i was looking for!!!!!!!!!--Oldworldblues42 04:57, March 11, 2012 (UTC)thank u thank u
Thanx Strange Magic is what i have been looking for for over an hour again thank you--Oldworldblues42 05:23, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure i have completed my songs section in my profile. i put all my favorite songs and some ones that some people can check on youtube. not the video directly on it of course. I'm just really happy you told me strange magic. i was looking for that song for ever thanx again.
Exactly. I need to introduce this music more into the society of today to ensure it doesnt die out. the world would have much more meaning with these meaningful songs. never will todays music compare to the music of back then. Never.--Oldworldblues42 03:48, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
About that kick-ban >.< Edit
Hey, got your msg about the kick-ban, just wanted to let you know im sorry bout that ^^' i fell asleep with the chat open (something i don't regularly do) and my internet did its thing and derped all night, so whenever you or another mod can unban me would be great...im trying to fix my internet day by day, but its easier said then done..ill be sure to close the chat next time, thanks--Emiko~<3 18:27, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
is there anything you dont say yes to Xcyclopedia 01:06, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
Mod req Edit
This wiki dodged a bullet when it came to him. If it weren't for Ausir, he probably would have succeeded in one of the multiple Admin requests he put in. Could you imagine if he had became an Admin here? Skål! 08:29, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry been out of credit lately so couldn't reply untill now. Yeah so far so good, ive recruited Vincent Valentine and have returned to the Nibheliem reactor, the town is kinda freaking me out, reminds me of that movie "into the mouth of madness" with Sam Neil but anyways whats up with the town folks and those damn hooded people, it's like tge Cult of Sephiroth well anyway i will be buying Street Fighter X Tekken tomorrow so i shall be taking a break from FFVII until i grow bored of SF X Tekken.TheNemesisx 13:51, March 13, 2012 (UTC)
I have it, but I've never played more than 10 minutes or so. I've finished replaying Fallout and Fallout 2 though, so maybe I'll see about focusing some time to putting into Tactics. Skål! 05:39, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
New/Project spotlight Edit
As the other project is closing, I'm happy to have both featured. Agent c 08:03, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
- No probs, are you going to write it up or do you need me to write something? Agent c 08:11, March 14, 2012 (UTC)
Message to Yes-Man If you, Yes-Man, are reading this, please keep on reading. If someone other than Yes-Man is reading this, please tell Yes-Man about this. This Wiki is pretty cool. It has a lot of content, good editors and other shitzu. But it's community kinda fails. One guy got banned for discussing something on the chat. People didn't agree with him. He wanted to help by sharing his opinion. People started ganging up on him and telling him to leave, stop trolling and other crap. One of them was an admin and banned him. He complained about it on another wiki to let steam off and because he couldn't do it on here. After getting unbanned, GhostAvatar tried to cover it up by claiming the user "Hijacked the chat for his own use. Several people told you to stop. You didn't and got banned. The chat is a place for community discussion, not for suiting your own desires." I was once bullied like that. I got unbanned and wanted to get back on the chat. I was making friends and crap. They asked my age and I knew it was going to happen again. I told them it was going to happen again. They said it wasn't going to happen again. I believed them. I said it was 12, my actual age. And claims came that it was illegal to have a wikia account if under 13. It isn't. It is simply the opinion of the people that made wikia. And if it was illegal, I would be a criminal. Also, I would be reported to the police by wikia. I wasn't. So, Yes-Man, would it be alright if I was back as an editor, but not a chatter? Andrey (White storm) 22:46, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
- (Not as a lawyer, but a law student) Its not "Illegal", it is "unlawful" - you (andrey) are not able to legally enter the contract with wikia to use their services. This isn't a police matter because its not criminal, its civil law. Agent c 22:54, March 15, 2012 (UTC)
The deed Edit
I'm hoping for sometime in the next twelve hours, I'm seeing the NND as being a weekly review thing you can read over the weekend. If you cant make it, then we can always add it later though. Agent c 08:32, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- (Politician voice on)I have absolutely no ambitions in that direction, but if the community were to call, who am I to refuse? ;-) Good luck. Agent c 11:15, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Even though I disagree with the reasons, I don't want you to feel that I have lost faith in your abilities here. You do a wonderful job here and we'd be less of a wiki to be without you. I wish you the best either way with your vote, and I'm glad you understand why a lot of us would be against it. Have a good night Yessie and I'm sure we'll have additional discussions over this later. :') Skål! 11:19, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey got your message, i know this wont affect our message, just read my reasons in the comment section and you will understand.TheNemesisx 11:58, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
If we could turn back time Edit
You have been a great friend here. You been funny, tolerant & supportive.
- I'm not sure I'd vote for this joint thing you propose 'cause I really don't understand it.
If we could go back in time, like just a month or so ago, before I was told "This is Not a Democracy". Well then you know I would have voted for you. " I don't know your High five'n bear buddy..
- Either way I just wanted you to know, "I'm not voting against you".
I'm just not voting "This is not a Democracy."
Best of Luck in all You do Yes Man
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 11:57, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For contributing a news tip to the Nukapedia News Digest. Agent c 12:41, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For contributing content (namely: the logo) to the Nukapedia News Digest. Agent c 12:41, March 16, 2012 (UTC)
Here is a notionEdit
Instead of telling me that I am "out of touch with the community", maybe you can help with suggestions and the like. You are an admin. The only difference is that I can add admins and change user rights. If you feel that I am too far gone, then I'll resign. Are you up for the challenge?--Kingclyde 00:59, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Are you on Skype... I'd like to have a quiet word if I may. Agent c 01:24, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Lets hope this goes better... I think it needs to be added to the news, But I think you're the best person to do it, explain your concept, etc. Agent c 02:15, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Sun... Thats the big bright thing right? I almost remember it. Agent c 02:29, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
thank you Edit
thank you. ultimate edition was better than i ever expected. OLD WORLD BLUES is SUPER amazing i was just about to play it. I love old world blues so much. thank you again :D --Oldworldblues42 05:00, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Classical Music Edit
Thanks for sharing. Nothing like music to help ease the nerves on a dreary night such as this one. Especially such emotional and haunting music. Skål! 05:13, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
- I enjoyed that. Skål! 05:22, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
Rob, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for. We didn't know what would happen. We still made some sort of point of the mess I hope. We are and always will be awesome.-- 06:51, March 17, 2012 (UTC)
FFVII, Disc 1 completed Edit
I felt the need to enlighten you on my thoughts in a point by point summary of FFVII's Disc 1.
- The Beginning of the game was a bit...Blargh, i felt bored at first with being in Midgar and blowing up Reactors, felt like a green peace person, MOTHER NATURE FOREVER MAAAAAAAAAAAN lol
- Aerith. Total slut, enough said
- Dirty birdy Don, hated that guy, he seriously could not keep it in his pants.
- It wasent until President Shinra's murder did things start to pick up in story and i begun to grow interest in it.
- Rufus Shinra, so far i feel like his father had done more in humane things within 5 minuets than his son, *cough cough destroying Sector 7 cough cough*. Seriously Rufus brags about ruling the world with fear yet his father killed off a shitload of people just for the sake of a revenue loss and to pin AVALANCHE as murderers
- Exploring the world made things so much better for me, now i did not feel like i was restricted to some shitty town.
- Learning about Sephiroth's mental breakdown was cool, ive allready discussed that with you i belive lol
- Returning to Nibelheim, see above
- Haveing Vincent in my party is awesome
- YUFFIE STEALING MY MATERIA, THAT BITCH! but i forgive her seeing as i got to get even with Don Corneo, fingers cross the fall had actually killed him, shame i wasent the one to do, damn you Reno lol.
- On the date scene i round up with Tifa, glad cause i didn't want Aerith lol, i also pissed her off on the play, when asked who is the enemy i said that knight and she slaped Cloud and karate kicked the dragon lol.
- Catuse- I mean Cait Sith screwing me over, or should i say Reeve Tuseti, (I allready knew about Reeve controlling Cait prior to playing the game but thats it) oh and he has Marlene hostage, that bastard.
- Witnessing Sephiroth kill Tseng.
- Sephiroth mind controlling Cloud, who would have thunk it lol, never knew he had the power to do that
- CLOUDS A WOMEN BASHER, I SAW WHAT HE DID TO AERITH, NOT COOL, EVEN IF I HATE THE BITCH lol
- The Sleeping Forest and the City of the Ancients looks like it was once under water, you can just tell with the coral lieing around lol
- AERITH'S DEATH, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH MAN, SEPHY DID ME THE FAVOUR OF ME NOT HAVEING TO GET MY HANDS DIRTY AND KILLING HER MYSELF lololol
- Whats better than that, well Sephiroth just stands above Cloud and Aerith's corpse and holds his hands in the air like as if he is cheering rofl
- Then there is the boss battle, yadda yadda yadda, you know the rest.
Hey Yes Man, you want an idea for how to improve the vault and get more people involved? a comprehensive collection of video walk throughs. Like achievements and quests and stuff. Many times have I checked a guide and been told to go through "a door on the second floor." There are twelve floors on the second floor, which one is it! —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
New User Network Edit
Thanks for joining the project. When I came up with the idea I had a certain anon that helped a few users find their feet in mind... I'm glad he's with us. Agent c 00:08, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Of course its you.. Silly. Where would any of us be without the Phantom of Nukapedia? Agent c 01:02, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
About my contributions. Edit
Hi, mate! Thank you very much for the compliment. It was nothing, man. All I'm doing here is from heart, and it's something I do for pure pleasure, since I'm crazy about Fallout. The Nukapedia has been my Fallout canonical source for a long time now, and it's such a great honour to finally work on it. Before joining, I didn't even know that I'd actually be able to help the wiki (of course, I knew the principles of the wikia, but always took it for granted). If you take a look at my profile section, I'm here to work on beautifying the Nukapedia with the addition of quotations at the beginning of articles that can evince the spirit of the subject the article talks about. Thanks again for the compliment, and let's keep Agent C's project up and running. Mystery Stranger and I have been working together on it, and it's been very fruitful.
You're also a great contributor yourself, mate! See you!
--Crimson Frankie 02:49, March 19, 2012 (UTC)
PLEASE ban this IP Edit
Reporting IP address 18.104.22.168 for MULTIPLE (at least 12 that I've rolled back) accounts of vandalism. Changing Karma levels, some to ridiculous things (see John Henry Eden).-- Bacon-Man Talk to me goose! 09:28, March 18, 2012 (UTC)
I was trying to help you out by removing that comment about Sigma being a "crazed, power hungry fuckstick"”
About that ban... Edit
yea...sorry, got playing fallout and forgot i had the chat open, and my internet did its thing and lagged...so you can unban me when ever, no rush ^^'--Emiko~<3 02:04, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Fixed. Thanks.--Kingclyde 22:19, March 20, 2012 (UTC)
Quotes project Edit
Hi, Yessie! I'd like to know if I can start a project that aims to add top quotations to every FO1/2 character/location/quest/faction in the wiki. Do you think it's possible to start this project? I'd be willing to get it done, since I've already added tons of top quotes in FO1/2 articles.
--Crimson Frankie 03:26, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Great!!! Thanks, mate! I'll do my best here!
--Crimson Frankie 03:31, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Yessie, the project page is ready (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki:Fallout_1/2_Quotations_Project). I'd just like your help with making the projectbox, something that I couldn't understand how to make. Also, I'd like to know how I spread the word, you know? Cheers, mate! --Crimson Frankie 05:25, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, mate! Thanks a lot for the support! I'll write to Agent C right now, but the chat thing I'll leave for tomorrow. Gotta sleep now. Bye.
--Crimson Frankie 05:57, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Yessie, just one more request (I hope rsrs): can you get in contact with one of the bot owners so they can distribute the projectbox among the articles affected? Because there are literally hundreds of articles involved in this project, and I just couldn't talk to any of the bot owners so far.
--Crimson Frankie 05:29, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks again, mate! Actually, I didn't see Ghost's original page; all I knew was his bot's page, so I tried to go there and talk to him, but the talk page was blocked. Interesting to point out that not all Fallout 1 and 2 pages will be involved (like items pages, for instance; there's not much that FO 1 and 2 characters would say about weapons), but the four categories would be characters, locations, quests and factions. I've detailed the respective pages and they are listed below:
- FO1 char.: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_characters
- FO2 char.: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_characters
- FO1 quests: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_quests
- FO2 quests: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_quests
- FO1 locations: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_locations
- FO2 locations: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_locations
- FO1 factions: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_factions
- FO2 factions: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_2_factions
Sorry about bothering you with all this, mate.
--Crimson Frankie 05:48, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
Great! I've just sent the Soundbyte of the Project to Agent C, who's gonna put on the next Digest. ;) Cheers,
--Crimson Frankie 06:28, March 22, 2012 (UTC)
I'm not referring to anybody specific. At least, I consciously don't believe I am in this case. My concern is that a lot of Utopian ideas are floating around which are focused around making every last user happy and comfortable when this is simply not possible in the modern world; especially so on a wiki which is focused around power trees and levels of importance. You all have good intentions and you all are obviously trying to look long term, which goes without saying that this is a good thing, but at the same time you're not looking at the big picture. Let me go into further detail:
- Administrator-Only votes - You say this is not a good idea when it certainly is. While in a perfect world we're all equal, this is unfortunately not the actual case here in the real world. The cold hard fact is that any Administrator/Mod will be held to a higher esteem and for good reason. We hold more weight because we have a greater understanding of how things work and we generally know what is good or not for the wiki as a whole. Just think about this... we're talking about changing policies or maybe we're discussing template changes. I'm sorry to say, but the anonymous and unknowns have no purpose even considering to contribute to the overall consensus unless earth-shattering circumstances present themselves. This especially presents itself as a problem when considering mod/Admin votes, which is why the decision is ultimately made by our leading bureaucrats, since most newer user's votes are based on trivial matters.
- Anons can't vote - What do you mean this isn't fair? This... this is just silly. If an anon truly cares about this wiki and wants to vote here, then they can take the few free seconds it takes to create a simple account here. It's the same with voting here in America... to vote you need to make a few sacrifices. (Registering/Jury duty/etc.)
- Forums regarding rules changes - I do agree with this point. This is where leadership consensus would come in handy. Quick and dirty. And best of all, the decision would be made by the leadership that cares about this wiki and its well-being. Not sure why people are so into calling us dictators whenever we propose this idea. Probably just bored people who feel like projecting their misery or something.
- Popularity votes - I agree with this fully. Unfortunately though... this is another one of those Utopian views I was speaking of. It's just not going to happen in this day of age, and people are going to vote based on popularity whether we want them to or not. I wish this wasn't the case... but there's just nothing we can do about it.
- Bullying of votes - I hate when people call simple debating and curiosity this... There are very few cases where anybody harasses another user over a comment made here, and they're almost singularly made by known trolls and the anonymous, so they're taking care of usually immediately. I agree that any user should be held responsible for hounding another user for their opinions though, and this most certainly includes the mods and Admins. But for the most part, people just call it bullying whenever someone questions their views and they get all belligerent about it in return.
- Sysops/Known user privileges - I can't really argue with this, but then again... this is sort of common sense. Can't really say this happens much though outside of chat. (I'm never in chat, so I wouldn't know in that case.) This is sort of another one of those made-up issues that's only brought up by self-outraged users who feel like the Admins that call them out are being mean to them.
- Lead Chat Moderator - I... don't know what to say to this. We already have a ton of chat mods now on-top of a steadily growing clan of Admins to look after chat. We already have 'crats to help mediate situations, so why in the world would we need another chat position which would essentially rule over the other chat mods? This I can actually see to leading towards power abuse since the chat is a social feature. I just really can't see any good that would come from this idea.
- Out Of Hours Page - I kind of have to agree with Clyde here... this would essentially be a page where users would just go around tattling on each other creating a huge unnecessary work-load for us when there's certainly more important issues at hand. You know, editing issues.
Now, my main issue is with all of the changes being proposed to making newer users and the anonymous' lives as convenient as possible which is what led to my boot comment. As I've said a couple times now, this wiki has worked smoothly before and after the split and now all of the sudden we're trying to change things to satisfy the users who expect to have everything handed to them. I'm sorry to say, but if you don't know how this wiki works, we make it quite clear (Including easy-access links) that there's a thorough write-out of our expectations and policies that should be read before ever hitting the edit button here. If those don't help, we also have forums and Admins here who are more happy to help. So to be honest, if a user can't figure things out and has to resort to endlessly complaining about this wiki and the leadership present in chat, then there's no place for them here because they obviously don't have the initiative needed to make it here. As for changing how this wiki works for the people who solely focus their attention here to the chat... why should we? This is a wiki and the second we start focusing more on chat than the editing, we're going to start losing what makes the wiki so great. To be honest... I don't really give a crap about most of the users who reside in chat. While there are some nice users in there that I would never say a bad thing about, most of them have never actually contributed anything here. So why should they feel like they deserve more? They're expectations need to stay as low as their value here - which is none. (As a disclaimer: Please read my words carefully everybody so not to get offended. I'm not talking about everyone in chat, just the vast majority who only visit chat and never actually contribute to the article pages.) Skål! 06:54, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, I'm admin of Russian Halo Wiki, I need help with your template Game Icons in the title. I copied the templates Games, ABB, put the codes in Wikia.css and Common.js, but the pattern is still not showing. Please someone from admins, help me please, how you do it? Thanks. http://ru.halo.wikia.com/wiki/Шаблон:Эра --~ by Спектор (aka Kronos) 11:10, March 21, 2012 (UTC)
FFVII Help Edit
Ok so im up to fighting this boss called Carry Weapon or some shit, Reno lets it of its leash in a manner of speaking before he boards the submarine at the underwater part in Junon, now this boss ownes me like crazy, my party is at level 40, he doesnt even give me a chance to use Magic hammer or Big gaurd, any advice on how to beat this little bastard.TheNemesisx 13:11, March 21, 2012 (UTC)