| ||Archives: #1|
Alright, whatever. See you guys in two hours then. EDIT: I didn't even know "Tankboi" pinged you, man. I just told you to turn your pings off if it was really annoying you. Sorry, "Semper Invictus" 23:47, August 16, 2013 (UTC)
Why do you think I called you "Tankboi"? I (accidentally) pinged you once to tell you that you should probably turn them off if it's really annoying you. If I was trying to mess with you, I would've called you Doug. That's all I have to say, if you're not gonna unban me for doing it once on mistake, I don't care. "Semper Invictus" 00:01, August 17, 2013 (UTC)
Want to apologise for exploding today. I may have taken a few things out of full context, and maybe not realised a few things that I should have. I don't think you had any intention of attacking Mel, and I want to apologise for that too.
You showed me a pic the other day (and I think you posted it again in that conversation) about a sexist advertisement for a game (Warcry?). From that, I think you might understand where I'm coming from when I get upset at a few things that happen in chat. My rose-tinted-glasses view of chat's past was a happy place where we didnt go in for the crap that exists in other gaming sites - we welcomed anyone, and didnt make our chatroom a hostile place for any group. I dont know if it changed, or if I just realised that it has problems too.
I think you're a good, fair mod who isn't afraid to ask for a second opinion. I think you moderate chat well. I think you make good decisions about how to handle situations and when to act. Thats more than I can say for me at the moment.
What I want is for a chatroom that isnt an uncomfortable place for anyone to be, gender, race, background etc. I dont want to get rid of the charms it has - the frank stylings, the cursing, the insults and general ribbing among buddies... but I also dont want people afraid to come into chat.
I'm looking for the right way to do this, and I'd like your help. I'd love any suggestions or comments we can use to ensure that we're building a community and website that everyone is comforable and happy in, and everyone who comes along can feel like they can be a part of. Agent c (talk) 03:03, August 20, 2013 (UTC)
Chat moderation responsibilitiesEdit
Unfortunately, after discussion with J and Clyde, we feel it necessary to remind you of the behavior that we expect from chat moderators:
- You are expected to treat all chat users with courtesy and respect. As extra rights holders of this community, your behavior is representative of Nukapedia as a whole, and it should represent that. We expect users to be able to experience chat in an environment where our chat mods are polite, respectful and, when needed, helpful. Chat moderators should never, in any instance, treat users in any way that could be construed as abusive or insulting, regardless of whether the user is in chat for the first time, comes to chat rarely or is a frequent user.
- You are expected to uphold all the chat rules (and site policies and Wikia ToU) as they are written and agreed upon by the community. You do not have the freedom to decide which rules to enforce and which not to. If you disagree with a rule or policy, you are still required to enforce them as written as long as they remain policy. If you refuse to enforce all the rules as written, you are not fulfilling your duties and the trust the community placed in you to moderate chat properly.
- You are expected to comport yourself in such a fashion that you never break any of the chat rules, site policies or Wikia ToU while in chat. Moderators that break the rules themselves, even if it's a rule you disagree with, set a bad example for others to break the rules, or confuse users over what is permissible. It is an abuse of powers to break the rules yourself while you enforce them on others.
- Your enforcement of the rules is expected to be fair and, most importantly, consistent. You can not show favoritism to any user over another when enforcement of rules applies. The rules apply to everyone: new users; old users; your friends; other moderators; and you, yourself. Showing favoritism by enforcing the rules unevenly confuses users over what is permissible and is a gross abuse of powers.
- You are expected to respect any other chat moderators, moderators, administrators and bureaucrats who are moderating chat. All these extra rights users are granted chat moderator rights by the community and are expected to use them properly when in chat. If you disagree with a decision made by another moderator or sysop, you should discuss it in PM, not in the main chat. Our moderators need to display consistent behavior and openly arguing with other moderators or sysops in chat is not acceptable under any circumstance, as it undermines a our overall enforcement of the chat rules. If you disagree with a decision by another chat moderator, which you have every right to, we expect you to voice those disagreements privately and come to a consensus, bringing in another moderator if needed, before any further actions.
- You are expected to work with all chat moderators, moderators, administrators and bureaucrats in chat. You are not, by the nature of being a moderator, solely responsible for chat. Chat moderation is a shared duty by all the moderators and sysops. Chat is not a domain where you have greater authority over any other moderator or sysop by the nature of you being a moderator or in chat more than they. All moderators and sysops are fully aware of the rules that apply in chat and have been trusted by the community with the tools to moderate it. Their decisions do not carry less weight in chat than yours.
- You are expected to understand that chat is not a separate domain. It is fully a part of this wiki, a tool used to facilitate communication between users of the wiki. Nukapedia chat is not some off-site chat room and you should not treat it as such.
Your behavior in chat must meet all the expectations outlined above. The rules and policies apply to us all, and apply evenly. You must understand that any violations of the chat rules, or abuse of your moderator powers, will result in the same enforcement all users are subject to. By the very nature of holding an extra rights position, your behavior must be above reproach. You are expected to implicitly understand this as a condition of accepting those rights. We appreciate your contributions to this wiki, your edits, your time and your ability to moderate chat, but your conduct and enforcement of the chat rules must meet these expectations. If you feel you can not fulfill these expectations, you will inform me immediately with a message on my talk page.
-- 23:19, August 22, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Swaggers3D's Chat BanEdit
i Was Statin The MEME —Preceding comment was unsigned. Please sign your posts with ~~~~! Fine. How long am i banned? Still not signed
Want to talk to you about somethingEdit
I've been trying to get a hold of you for weeks. Please let me know when the next time you'll be in chat is as I wanted to speak with you about a couple of things. Thanks! OnionRings (talk) 17:51, September 30, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, was wondering if you could take a look at This forum I've posted to replace our current gameplay help forums with links to the Fallout Answers wiki. Thanks. Agent c (talk) 11:24, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
What up I got a big shuttle-cock Edit
Chat conduct guideline changesEdit
Hey Vic. In light of Saint Pain's chat ban and after some discussion with Leon and J I've decided to do some minor re-writes to the chat conduct guideline page. Basically what I'm looking to do is:
- Remove the current ban guidelines and give more leeway for mods to ban people on a case-by-case basis
- Add a provision for perma-banned users to appeal their ban immediately to a bureaucrat
There's a few other re-wordings and some stuff moved around, but those are the big things I think need need changing. You can find a draft here. Understand that adding the bureaucrat review is not to challenge your or any other mods authority, but simply makes the review neutral as opposed to a popularity contest (which in the case of a community vote it definitely can be). I included an original copy of the guideline so you can see the changes. Please let me know what you think and if this is something you support. sectatorapocalypsi 07:18, November 8, 2013 (UTC)
Alert - Dec 4Edit
Sorry it's so late. I realized these never got handed out.
You have been awarded the Nukapedia Project Medal for your efforts within the Walkthrough Chart Project: Fallout 3.
About the about pageEdit
Hi, After recent discussion on the topic of our about page, I've opened up a section on the About page at Fallout_Wiki_talk:About under Revamp. I'd love nominations for other notable users we can feature in this page, as well as any other ideas. Agent c (talk) (via the courier)
Hello bureaucrat, admin, moderator, chat mod, or patroller!
Can you please take a look at this forum and voice any opinion you may have.
A (late) Holiday GiftEdit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Plz come back to chat Edit
- Sometimes we all need to have a little fun. And for the record, I have no beef with anybody on that site anyway. I figured since it was dead and I was the only active contributor, that nobody would mind much. And if they did, well it was all in good fun and nobody actually got hurt. Feelings... maybe, but it happens sometimes. Also, nice to see you again. Odd circumstances, but what can you do? :) Might I Say You're Looking Fit As a Fiddle! Talk to me! 06:22, February 10, 2014 (UTC)
Hi. I've opened up a forum to discuss a proposal to deal with our first-person-in-articles issue. Can you please give it a glance and share any feedback. Thanks 69.l25 (talk) 04:42, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
A review of all extra rights holder has been done. You have been moved to the inactive list and we'll allow a two month period for you to increase and maintain your activity before your chatmod rights are removed. We do understand that people have other demands on their time and it is understandable if you can not. We all appreciate your contributions and hope that you will become more active and retain those rights. 16:39, April 19, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry for lying, it turned out i was scammed myself. all i was doing was getting people to click a link so I could get a minecraft premium account, guess it didn't happen---Topics1 (talk) 23:12, May 1, 2014 (UTC)