| ||This page contains archived information from User talk:Veryblackraven. Please do not make any edits here, edit the base page instead.|
Welcome to our Fallout wiki, and thank you for your contributions! There's a lot to do around here, so I hope you'll stay with us and make many more improvements.
- Recent changes is a great first stop, because you can see what other people are editing right this minute, and where you can help.
- If you haven't already, create a user page about yourself! If you do, we'll be able to know you better as a member of our community.
- Questions? You can ask in the Forum or on the "discussion" page associated with each article, or post a message on my talk page!
- Need help? The Help page has an outline of the site, and pages to help you learn how to edit.
I'm really happy to have you here, and look forward to working with you!
- Ausir 12:46, 18 November 2008 (UTC)
Article naming Edit
We usually use the "full" game name in article names (e.g. Charon (Fallout Tactics)) instead of game abbreviations. Just to let you know as I've noticed you put (FOT) a couple of times in the navbox you created. It's better to keep the naming scheme consistent :-) // Porter21 U | T 10:10, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ok. My mistake.Veryblackraven 10:46, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- BTW, please also add [[Category:Fallout Tactics character portraits]] to the file descriptions while uploading portraits of the recruits. Ausir 12:04, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
- Ok, I'll do. :) Veryblackraven 12:17, 10 February 2009 (UTC)
Please put further FOT recruits in "Category:Midwestern Brotherhood of Steel characters" rather than just "Brotherhood of Steel characters". Thanks! Ausir 13:52, 16 February 2009 (UTC)
Hello there, I finally remembered the password to my account... i see you continue working with Tactics! That's great! I still hope I'll find some way to find character portraits or cut them right from the game data... Maybe you can help me somehow? By the way, I have already visited the site you advised me to visit - and I got the backgrounds from it! Master Mold 20:12, 11 June 2009 (UTC)
FOT character project Edit
- Hello dear friend =). Just a little note to congratulate you for your contribution to this project that you the only contributor and that your work is remarkable.
- I also saw that you've played every Fallout games except Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel that I advise you, do not listen to the gossip of others, I am a huge fan, knowing Fallout since 1996, and I can assure you that It is a very good Fallout and it distorts less the Fallout universe that has thought.
- Anyway, if you were to postulate to be a administrator, you will have my vote =). See you and good luck for the future ! Itachou 12:37, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
- You're welcome my friend =). I hope you will try it one day or one with an emulator or any other way, and I can help you in the game. See you on The Vault ! Itachou 13:21, October 13, 2009 (UTC)
Voice actors Edit
- Ok. I'll do. :) Veryblackraven 04:42, October 19, 2009 (UTC)
FOT items hi-res images Edit
Hello Veryblackraven =). In doing, Ausir is not there right now, he is in the Warden Quest. I saw your message in his talk page and say, nice discovery dear friend =). Personally, I think we could use, but some are not those of Interplay but redone as Browning Hi Power, Desert Eagle Mark XIX, Calico Liberty 100 and many others.
And some are mistakes like the Power Armor and Advanced Power Armor, which are inversions between the two. For the same as those of Interplay, I think there are ways to put them in principal. For redone, we can add them in 2nd image in the "extra" field, like the weapons of Van Buren where there are two images. (Cattle prod or Apollo for example). Some are too bright but also not a problem, I have everything needed to make correct =). Itachou [~talk~] 15:19, October 29, 2009 (UTC)
- Hehe, it makes good =). Yes, that's exactly what I thought. For cons, I think that a resolution of 220px is the maximum, otherwise the image is too large and larger the Template unnecessarily.
- Good job my friend, if it does bother you, I'll also upload maybe if you don't have time to do everything (since there are many) but all the credit back to you again, nice discovery =). Good day my friend and see you soon ! Itachou [~talk~] 11:19, October 30, 2009 (UTC)
I heard you were the Tactics go-to guy now that Itachou's gone... Edit
Mind helping with a weapon issue?
Oh. Right. Oleksander is Russian...
Fallout Tactics characters project Edit
- Yeah, it's about general oversight of the project, and you seem to be the only person expanding FOT character pages for most of the time. :) Ausir(talk) 21:46, December 21, 2009 (UTC)
It is O.k, mate. if you see something I said I have done which you can improve upon, feel free to update it.--Vault4 20:24, December 20, 2009 (UTC)
Hi blackraven im tommygunner.
Im sort of new you see,Can you tell me how you got all those boxes and fallout sign's on your page about you,
Ongoing forum discussions of noteEdit
Hi! If you haven't already, please drop by the Forum:Wiki general discussion boards and join in some of the current discussions. At issue are questions of admin maintenance responsibilities, a new way of handling bug submissions, and table formatting, among others. I lool forward to continuing to work with you, especially as the coming release of Fallout: New Vegas brings us more content to create and organize. Cheers.--Gothemasticator 04:09, March 21, 2010 (UTC)
Fallout Tactics recruits Edit
Hey, sorry about the wait. Was having a bit of an identity crisis. :P
Anyway, I was poking around Tactics, and I noticed that the tag skills of recruits changes slightly between playthroughs. In one playthrough, Farsight had Small Guns, Sneak, and Outdoorsman. In the next, she dropped Outdoorsman and had Melee Weapons. Nitty Tok. 16:19, June 16, 2010 (UTC)
- Poking around in the Fallout Tactics Tools editor showed that the "recruits" are all templates, without names. If the Tag skills are randomly chosen, they need to be removed, but there might be some sort of specific skills that are chosen. Traits and perks might be chosen in the same way... Nitty Tok. 03:23, June 18, 2010 (UTC)
Your sig Edit
- Signature images must be no larger than 40 pixels in width and 20 pixels in height. Ausir(talk) 12:33, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
- You can scale the signature image down to 40px, if it's legible at that size. --Kris 12:57, October 11, 2010 (UTC)
IRC conference Edit
I think... Edit
I think I shouldn't have removed it. I put it back. --Kris 09:43, October 12, 2010 (UTC)
Hello my freind are you like in the army or are you some math wiz cuz thats pretty cool I love your user page but I prefer the Enclave though huh --Niko 09:05, October 18, 2010 (UTC) Nikky
How do you have time to get on here if your doin great things for your country back home?
OH okay im sorry I diddnt understand but now I do well it has been an honor talking to you freind and may your travles be safe and exciting :)
Tactics missions Edit
Oh, I'm not done yet. I'll go back to them once Vegas dies down.
- I tried that with F1 and F2, and it didn't work. I didn't try that, thankies! Nitty Tok. 20:51, October 20, 2010 (UTC)
Petition for Oasis wide version Edit
Debate for Advanced power armor Mk II Edit
Theme Designer Edit
Looks like one of the admins changed all the site's colors using the Theme Designer again. Do NOT do that. Looks like some people think that it only changes their theme and do not realize that it screws up the skin for the entire wiki. It's an administrative tool, not something for setting up a personal theme. Ausir(talk) 17:00, November 4, 2010 (UTC)
Please weigh in on a proposed change in our written bugs policy.--Gothemasticator 01:08, November 9, 2010 (UTC)
Question about edits Edit
I'm new to this and I've been wondering what and who makes and decides edits should be erased?
I keep my contributions as factual as I can, I don't add anything unless I know what I'm talking about; there's no guesswork. Yet I've come across one guy in particular, Mictlantecuhtli, who has been erasing my edits. I write something on the Great Khans, then the guy erases everything and turns it into the crap heap it was before.
I write the guy a message, and he erases it, continues to erase more contributions, yet in smaller portions now.
Trench coat Edit
hmm let me see Trench coat is not a real wearable item its an attacked item and is not atteached to the the NCR combat armour what he is wearing is a duster trench coats are shorter —Preceding unsigned comment added by Blackbommer (talk • contribs) 01:16, 19 November 2010 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Thanks for that bit of boring information smart mouth and dont you dare block me smart mouth is not a cuss word buddy —Preceding unsigned comment added by Blackbommer (talk • contribs) 18:38, 24 November 2010 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Bugs policy revised: new pollEdit
Special Request for Maintenance HelpEdit
Porter has pointed out that Category:Nominated for deletion has a backlog of about 2,000 image files. Please give this category some attention. I am asking you and about 20 other editors who have shown a willingness to contribute regularly to The Vault to aim for reviewing and taking appropriate action on 100 of the images marked for deletion. If we all do our part, things will be manageable again by the end of the holidays. Thanks for your help!
- If an image has been superceded by a better image, delete it.
- If an image is unused or unlinked to by any page, delete it unless it is unique and worth having. Perhaps we will use it sometime. If you can think of a use, please add it to that page.
- If an image should not be deleted, remove the delete tag.
Hi BlackRaven, Thanks for the help with categorizing some uploaded images. It's almost getting daily routine for me doing that. And for redirecting Powder Gang soldier outfit. I tried to explain to the uploader that it should be redirected, but he wouldn't really listen. By an admin doing it, he should understand the message I think.--Jspoelstra 14:15, January 18, 2011 (UTC)
Fallout Tactics characters project Edit
You're welcome - figured I could at least help you with that since you're otherwise carrying the project pretty much on your own :) I'll review the remaining finished articles later today. -- Porter21 (talk) 14:52, February 14, 2011 (UTC)
- The problem is that the icons work fine for me on the pages you mentioned (Seattle and Texas Commonwealth), using the same Firefox version and Monobook. Chances are slim for me being able to do something about it unless I can replicate it unfortunately :( -- Porter21 (talk) 22:11, March 7, 2011 (UTC)
Ol' Slim and R.A.T.S. Edit
Hello my friend ;)
You're welcome =), I also made the R.A.T.S. page, if you don't like the disposition, you can change of course. I don't know what category to put for R.A.T.S., publishing and promotion?
Hey there! My name is Andrey and I am from Russia! My relatives are mostly Ukrainian and I went into the country quite a couple of times myself. I hope to get a reply! --Andrey (White storm) 08:48, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Re: Heya Edit
Одесса, Первомайск (Or is it Первомаiск?) and Луганск (Or is it Луганськ? It might be Лугансък). P.S. in Russian my name is Андрей (Or is it Андреi in Ukranian?) --Andrey (White storm) 22:31, April 29, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Re: Re: Heya Edit
Well, I've been to Ukraine about what? Three or four times? Just to visit my great grandma in Pervomaysk. I've also been in some sort of a village in Pervomaysk. My relatives live there. Then, Odessa cos' me mum insisted, she was all like "It's a beautiful city. It rocks, you reek" and like that. Next was Lugansk, and we got there by a train from Russia. Then we paid for a cab to Pervomaysk. Also, I had some relative in Lugansk that liked video games and he had about 50 on his PC. And then, in early 2009, (4th February) we were in Russia just about to immigrate to Australia. Guess what. We now live here. AU. So it is unlikely that I will see Ukraine in 5 years. But I'll be sure to visit those cities... Someday. --Andrey (White storm) 21:35, April 30, 2011 (UTC)
Re: Re: Re: Re: Heya Edit
Thanks! You also have a good knowledge of the language!
I see you've taken the chance to accumulate some achievement points by uploading Fallout images. Don't you want to get rid of the black surroundings? Jspoel 14:46, May 4, 2011 (UTC)
- I mean the black background, like with the image File:Vandal armor render.jpg.
lol, well I actually only had that avatar for maybe a month or so. Йура 15:22, May 30, 2011 (UTC)
Hello Black ;)
If you have the time, I invite you to give your opinion on my topic in the forum: Weapon sound on weapon page.
Nice day and see soon my friend!
Fallout faction overhaul project debate Edit
It's a war page, and all the other war pages are seperate. Trolly Polly Olly 20:34, June 4, 2011 (UTC)
I created the following Forum:Discussion - Admin responsibility definition in response to the calls in Tag reconfirmation. I would greatly appreciate your opinion. Thanks.--Kingclyde 22:34, June 9, 2011 (UTC)
I do not want to interrupt you but, can you delete the Rex whimper? Clydey is in 36 minutes ago and did not delete the page. --M72 Gauzz 08:25, July 2, 2011 (UTC)
Distress call Edit
I need you to do these things...
- Delete the Does anyone know how to get past the boomers
- Block this guy because he's removing content. --M72 Gauzz 10:32, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Re:Distress call Edit
I already marked it with delete. I am always vigilant even though I am an 8th-grader at high school who always get stressed from classes. :) --M72 Gauzz 10:49, July 4, 2011 (UTC)
Dev info Edit
Re: Re: Dev info Edit
Ahh! Very good to know, thanks! Fappiano 05:32, July 15, 2011 (UTC)
Did you remove the new template?--JacktheBlack 09:18, July 18, 2011 (UTC)
Achievement images Edit
Fallout: City of Lost Angels Edit
Thanks for deleting Fallout: City of Lost Angels. I warned the vandal who started this Fallout recently. Have a nice day :). --gauzzrifle 09:48, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
FOBOS Power and Combat armor images Edit
Hello my friend ;)
Haha yes agree! But in fact this screen:  is the beta of the riot armor (Cyrus is in the Atomic lounge - the Carbon bar the very beginning of the game). Also, all armor in the beta have a red color, changed after for other color depending of your armor like dark blue for the riot armor.
This:  it's the male version of the metal armor without the helmet. The image is just front of the entry of the Secret Vault, guarded by three turret robots activated by two dumb super mutant =)!
For the power armor, the regular and the advanced, both have the same design and are extremely similar to the T-51b with a blue color and some kind of blue variant for some parts. Also, the image you put for the riot armor is the beta version (red color) and it's the female version. For the metal armor, I don't known since I have only finished the game with Cyrus and Cain, so no with Nadia or other female characters ;).
I have always tried to read the files for see the models properly but they are in a special extensions and I never succeeded despite all my attempts. I think the only solution would be to ask directly to one developers of the game how they are able to access and view them. In the future, I will try this solution.
Ho also, I've never told you but thanks for the 3D animation of Attis, Blake etc. find in the Edward Lee Bowman II site, it's pretty nice for FOBOS =). One remains, in his site, the sixth animation in the "My Work Anims" is the experimental mother deathclaw but I didn't known how to take the gif so only can do that. Nice day and see you soon Raven! Itachou [~talk~] 12:35, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
- You're welcome Raven ;). Also sorry but nope, like I said above, this image  it's the male version of the metal armor without the helmet (also the Vault-Tec power armor can only be found and purchasable in the Secret Vault chapter 3, here it's the end of the chapter 2 front of the entry of the Secret Vault).
- Thanks for the gif nice works my friend =)! Also in fact, it's the experimental mother deathclaw, not a normal experimental deathclaw, I took care of the page. I check the other in the site, they don't come from Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel. See you around Raven and keep up the good works! Itachou [~talk~] 14:15, July 27, 2011 (UTC)
Bot - CapitalizingEdit
Fallout 1 and 2 characters projectEdit
Hello. I am just leaving a quick note to say that we need to get this project finished. Its been very slow for a long time now, and so this is just a quick note to ask for you to continue your contributions. It would be really good if we could finish this project, and if everyone does that little bit more work, I'm sure it won't be long. So please don't forget about it :). Thanks, .