| ||Archives: #1, #2|
Wanan leave me a message? Just click on the Vault boy in the duster above and drop me a line.
Gizmo's Workshop Edit
Hey, Chad was telling me last night that you were wanting to talk to me about making some sort of video for the Workshop. Have everything made out for tomorrow, and so I was wondering if you were still interested in talking with me about your idea. Some Assembly Required! 04:28, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
Video videos videos! Edit
Tell you what, just see what you can do and I'll add it in at our earliest convenience. :) This sounds very interesting, though, and I would absolutely love to have some coverage of both the mod and the creator through the Moose. Some Assembly Required! 20:49, February 12, 2013 (UTC)
I am leaving the Enclave theme behind. Good luck, mister President. "Steal from the best, and call it research!" 03:55, February 25, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Relics. This is a message that I will be circulating through Nukapedia's Sysops. A while back I had created a more suitable version of the Administrators' Discussion Board as an attempt to help regulate important matters that require immediate attention from the veteran users around Nukapedia. With Fallout 4 on the horizon, I would like to begin making this feature more widely embraced, so that we all are more comfortable and familiar with using it for when the time comes around that we'll need to look towards it the most. What I would like to see is for an example to be set for where certain matters should be discussed within our community, as well as creating an environment where users will know that their issues will be addressed in a timely and fair manner. What does this mean, exactly?
- Appropriate topics should be addressed within the ADB instead of the normal fora space. Not only is the ADB a general area to condense important topics, but it is also always kept at the top for easy access. (As well as having a place within the Community Messages.)
- All Administrators, Moderators, Patrollers, and Bureaucrats should make it a priority to check through the ADB at least once every few days or so. This is the duty of mantling the extra tools, after all, and is not too much to ask for.
- The ADB should make an appearance within new user's welcome message.
- If a topic within the fora has been made that is of significant importance and affects the wiki as a whole, these topics should be moved into the ADB.
- It is my hope that these requirements will help our community become more familiar with where they should go to have their grievances and ideas properly heard. Right now, the ADB has been largely ignored because the Sysops have also largely ignored it, and this is unacceptable at times when important matters such as this one are mostly by-passed except for a couple of people. With the chaos that is soon to come with the new title(s), all I am asking is for a bit of responsibility in making sure that we all recognize issues and ideas as they come up, and making sure that we do our parts in seeing them through. Thank you for reading, and I would greatly appreciate some feed-back. Once a general consensus has been reached, possible changes will be taken care of.
Some Assembly Required! 22:08, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Greetings…. I Willy Wonka shake you firmly by the hand… No wait, sorry, wrong script.
Welcome to the Apprentice for 2013, we're delighted to have you as a contestant this year.
Challenge 1 has been posted, and has a deadline of 23:59 Wiki time, 23 March. We can accommodate a little wiggle room, but need to have judging done for the 28th to tie in with some other marketing opportunities.
Once we have all challenges in , I'll be offering early access to the second challenge. It will go up for all comers when the public vote is closed, but we will email it to any contestant who sends us their email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as all entries from the last challenge are in.
Early access can help give you a bit more time… there is the risk of you not getting further of course, but it can give you time to decide what you're going to do at least.
This is just a message I'm relaying around all apprentice candidates, for fairness and clarity everyone is getting the same message, so forgive me if parts of this you already know, or isnt applicable to you.
There's just less than a week to the deadline for Challenge 1 (23:59 GMT 23rd March). Looking at what some of you have posted so far, it looks like the bar this year is going to be set quite high. I'm looking forward to seeing what you call can do.
We have a new "home" page for the apprentice in The Fallout Apprentice Landing Page. This has been created mostly as a place to direct traffic for Wikia's marketing, but feel free to link to this direct yourself. It will be updated to have details of all challenges on it. You can continue to use the old "disclaimer" template, the redirect page is now pointing to this landing page.
I'll be releasing the second challenge as soon as I have the last submission for Challenge 1; this will initially be sent via email. If you havent already emailed Nukapedia@gmail.com with your prefered address, please do so now; otherwise you'll have to wait about a week until the public reveal.
Lizzunchbox has confirmed reciept of a load of goodies from Bethesda. I'm still waiting to confirm the details, but hope to have a pick up with your entries after the public have voted. We're hoping for a reveal of all entries on the 28th, with a vote then open for a week on the bottom 3 to decide on who will be eliminated.
If you have any challenge queries, you can post it in this forum; you can also send them to Nukapedia@gmail.com if you would prefer your question to be anonymous (and I'll post it for you).
If you anticipate any problems posting on time, please let me know ASAP, we do have a limited amount of flexibility available.
Seperate Bug Policy PageEdit
This will be a circulating message to all users that expressed their opinions over my recent discussion and vote. Please make sure to update your votes accordingly to this new information:
- Info-box Mk.II - For those of you wanting to see an example first, an example for how the changes will look (Keep in mind that this example is in its most basic form.) can now be found here. If a positive community consensus is reached, the new design will become functional here and the community can decide from there whether the final design is appropriate or not on Nukapedia.
- JunkRadio - I would like to share a quote from the JunkRadio designer himself:
"I was thinking of adding it to the top left or bottom left corner of the wiki. I can give it absolute positioning, which means that it will display on the top left, regardless of screen resolutions. If necessary, I can make it scroll down with the page as well, although this might distract users from reading the actual pages. Mark van Alphen"
- Thank you for reading, and I'll be looking forward to gathering everyone's final opinion over these new changes. Due to the overwhelming support so far for all three changes, only needing minor points to update them for clarity, the vote will continue as normal, and will end on the 23rd as scheduled. If you would like to dispute this, please leave your concerns and reasons behind them over my talk-page. Happy editing! Some Assembly Required! 17:00, March 20, 2013 (UTC)
Just a reminder that we're in the last 24 hours for Fallout Apprentice Challenge 1. Please drop a line on my TP with your completed pages, and let me know if you cant make it (and an ETA if this is the case). Agent c (talk) 00:38, March 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Great Rel. Can you email email@example.com so I can send you challenge 2? Agent c (talk) 00:11, March 25, 2013 (UTC)
Thank You! Edit
Project completion & award Edit
You have been awarded the Nukapedia Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas notable loot project.
Can you give me a link to that article that helped me to get user info onto my profile page? I will be very grateful and get you a present as soon as I find out how to. NixxLotus (talk) 02:17, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
Forum discussion Edit
Hello Nathan. This is a message I will be rotating among Nukapedia's sysops and regular contributors. I would like your input on this forum. In an attempt to remove redundancy and confusion, I have proposed some tweaks to user rights, including the elimination of the moderator position. As you are a moderator, I would like to ensure you I do not mean to diminish your contributions or position, merely to create distinction and avoid confusion. Thanks for your time, and let me know if you have any questions. nihil novi sub sole 09:28, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Gunny has called a straw poll to determine whether we move forward with some user rights changes. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. nihil novi sub sole 20:17, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
For the Same-Name-dEdit
Because we have somewhat similar names and you're just North of me.
|This user is Mercenary/Invictus approved.|
Woops. I guess I just looked at the edit, not the whole article. Keep up the vigilance.--TwoBearsHigh-Fiving 01:25, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Fine by me. Jspoel 22:16, April 15, 2013 (UTC)
Just a reminder that C2 closes in 2hrs... Are you okay to post, or do you need a little more time? We're not quite as pressed for time on this one from my end. Agent c (talk) 22:12, April 23, 2013 (UTC)
- Rel, haven't heard from you, what's happening? Agent c (talk) 22:34, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
- SCratch that, just saw your message. Its fine, just make sure its up by 26th. Agent c (talk) 22:36, April 24, 2013 (UTC)
- Rel, whats the latest on this? Ta. Agent c (talk) 12:53, April 26, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks bro, I owe ya one. I was planing to do the F3 ones first as I've already extracted them, but I can easily break out the Lonesome Road ones early for ya. I wont be uploading any for a few days though because I'm knee deep in uni work.
Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 21:49, May 5, 2013 (UTC)
Peer reviews Edit
- A minor fix? Oh, that. Yeah, that was definitely a mistake on my part.... either that, or I wanted to give you something to do. Yeah, let's go with the second option, sounds better. Paladin117>>iff bored; 00:45, May 13, 2013 (UTC)
Listen up boy Edit
Slow down boy, ya hear? Dun want ya to get a heart attack from all the editing you're doing. Hawk da Barber 2012 - BSHU Graduate 15:37, May 12, 2013 (UTC)
It's no problem that you removed the vids from the pages, I understand that you were doing the job like any good moderator would do. I will put them on my talk page as you suggested.
P.S. My favorite was the Lonesome Wanderer's Home on the Wastes, what was your's?
Thanks for the feedback and I hope to work with you later on.
I hope one day I can put those videos on the pages.