| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9|
I've been in Rhode Island checking everything out. A local family friend was showing us where to go, where to avoid, how to avoid traffic, etc. earlier today. It's been fun. I report to NAVSTA Newport on the 22nd. I went to the Newport Creamery today, per your recommendation. Holy hell. I know where I'll be going back to. Every restaurant I've been to here has been amazing. I think I'm going to love it here. Hope all is well. Don't give up the ship! 01:37, July 21, 2014 (UTC)
Help on the German wiki requestedEdit
Gunny, there is a problem on the German wiki with the perk template. It's called Extra there. The game headers don't appear so there's a lot of data but no game visible where it refers to (they're using the game parameter instead of the games parameter. Can you find what causes it? They're using our templates (mostly). Jspoel 15:40, August 13, 2014 (UTC)
Ajax RC meets Image preloader and stops working Edit
Hi Gunny, perhaps you already noticed the problem on the main page with the thumbnails, not that it affects only that, no, apparently also the template for the survey, as far as I was watching it.
The pictures and the poll or template for this are, apparently, that the influenced by the AJAX RC script for automatic update of recent changes to the said phenomena occur, but I'm unsure as to whether it is true.
Now I had tested another script, which loads the thumbnails on the main page, so it will cause the images are loaded and displayed. Doing it even with varying functions, so even if you use other variables or functions, is probably script across all normal and should not do much more to the point, but it gets so seemingly in conflict with Ajax RC. Would it be possible both scripts to see times and to unite if necessary, so that this function also, but independently of the other executes without incurring the conflicts? I appoint you there as admin, so you can experiment with the global js file, where the scripts are located. Kind regards, Alessio79 (talk) 13:43, September 6, 2014 (UTC)
Templates for the Fallout Wiki PT Edit
Hi, Gunny! It's been a long while!
I'm coming here because I'm having trouble making the Games template work over on the Portuguese Fallout Wiki. We're revamping some articles, improving language and overall patterns, and I can't seem to make them work (I've tried importing the template and documentation from here over to the template page there, no luck). I put them on a certain page, then it doesn't even show up. Do you have any idea what problem would cause that?
- Thanks a lot, Gunny. It is really helpful, and it makes sense to me why I was doing everything wrong. :-)
- I've got some doubts though:
- I tried copying over the files, but it didn't work. Do I have to copy only the "Title icons" sections of the js and ccs pages, or the whole pages? Also: if I copy the whole pages, will there be any negative change in the inner workings of the wiki? And one last thing: when I access the template and abb pages, the list of icons for each game picture just shows the names of the files (FO2_icon.png, for example), and not the thumbnails themselves. Does that mean that I have to upload each and every icon to the wiki? Because I could swear that the wiki had all of them ready. --C'n-Frankie -ArroyoTalk 18:31, August 20, 2014 (UTC)
Hey, Gunny, you there? I need some assistance with .css coding, so could you come to the chat?10:24, August 26, 2014 (UTC)
Hey Gunny, I noticed that we do have the modified pop-up for new messages (like the one you got when I published this message). There is a MediaWiki page, but I assume there is a .css code that supports it. If it is, which one is it? 23:16, September 2, 2014 (UTC)
Could you come to the chat for a moment?20:32, September 22, 2014 (UTC)
There seems to be a bit of unrest over a detail at the Strategic Nuclear Moose, and I figure we should discuss it personally. The concern I am hearing is that you and perhaps a few others are not happy over the fact that we do not have a Nukapedia banner on our front-page. It needs to be understood, when taking this matter into account, that like most websites, we dedicate a single and very public page towards affiliate websites and communities. Our affiliation page is not hidden, it is not a sub-tab/page, and it is not a page that you have to hunt down. The link to it can be found on 98% of our pages, and is right there in our top-navigation bar, as a main-tab, which means the link to that page is essentially in all of our Patrons' faces when they access our site.
We are hesitant to add banners onto the front-page, because our website is strictly against advertisement of any sort, except through very well defined pages, so that our Patrons will not feel betrayed in that we are shoving external sources down their throats. If there is a solution or compromise that we can come to, then I am more than happy to discuss matters with the offended parties. However, please keep in mind that I still feel as if our affiliate main-page is more than fair, especially in light of the fact that our affiliate banner is located at the near the very bottom of the front-page here on Nukapedia. So those that come to Nukapedia, will only see our banner if they happen to visit the main-page, and then only if they scroll all the way to the bottom.
On our website, all affiliation information over Nukapedia can be located on every page except certain maintenance pages. Please let me know your thoughts on the matter, as I am hoping to put this matter behind us so that we may move on. Some Assembly Required! 00:21, September 25, 2014 (UTC)
Is the policy that the chat is being registered still in the chat box? It's not registered anymore so that can go, right? Jspoel 17:57, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
- Which page is it? Jspoel 22:58, September 27, 2014 (UTC)
Due to your recent contributions, you have been chosen as this week's VIP Hole commentator. You need to argument why the character you support should win and write it here, below, so I can include it in the blog. This week the battle is Elijah vs. Ulysses vs. Salt-Upon-Wounds.21:41, October 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Aw, you can try, at least. 12:49, October 15, 2014 (UTC)
I need to talk to you about an incident that if my foggy mind remembers right you might have seen the end of last night. I'm not happy with what happened and the way some others handled it, and I think we need to change some stuff, but I dont even know where to begin. Can you ping me when you get on? Thanks. Agent c (talk) 17:24, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
Happy (late) Veterans DayEdit
Munition templates on the German wikiEdit
Gunny, I have a challenge for you over at the German wiki. The munition templates don't work there. You think you're able to make it to work? Jspoel 18:02, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- Well, the gamebryo one seems to work. The Fo1 template doesn't display images. Jspoel 18:51, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
- When you look at the 10mm page there, you can see it doesn't work, and some of it also shows on your sandbox. Because where are all the parameters? Ammotype, shotsize don't show, only the image in your sandbox does. Jspoel 22:59, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Don't have an immediate answer to that. If I discover one I'll let you know. Thanks for fixing the Fo1 munition template. Jspoel 19:08, November 29, 2014 (UTC)
- When you look at the 10mm page there, you can see it doesn't work, and some of it also shows on your sandbox. Because where are all the parameters? Ammotype, shotsize don't show, only the image in your sandbox does. Jspoel 22:59, November 26, 2014 (UTC)
- If you can talk Wikia into mass deleting them, go ahead. Jspoel 14:16, December 7, 2014 (UTC)
Skire and I are two of the board members. I'll think of a few more and together we pick another 3 members. Jspoel 02:16, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
Apocalipse Escalate request assistanceEdit
Hello Gunny, here is Linconl from Apocalipse Escarlate Fallout Wiki (the Portuguese one) and we need your help. While we was trying to do the Template Games we had a problem and we don't know how to solve it... Could you check It out and try to figure out what is wrong? It is stuck and maximised at the top of the pages here go an example: A (it's over the Infobox)
I look forward to hearing from you.
Achievments and BadgesEdit
Ok. Thanks for the help now I can do something about it. If you excuse me I gonna work on the achievements on the PT "sister".
You should know something about me: I am a very passionate person. I have always been passionate, and it has led me to success all throughout my life. Whether it was band, JROTC, helping run an animal clinic, being a part of a relief mission out in Africa, traveling around Scandinavia, I have never giving up, regardless of what life has thrown at me.
And you know what? Sometimes it is not worth it. Sometimes I am made so miserable, that I fall into depression. I hold onto everything so tightly, that I lose part of myself when I lose anything. But it is also fulfilling, and it fills me with pride to know that I never give up, and that I never let the past change my convictions.
Nukapedia has not been the worst I have had to weather through. But I would be lying if I denied that Nukapedia has not challenged me, and motivated me to better myself in certain aspects of my personality. But do you know what I see in myself here? I see someone that goes up to newer users, to help make them feel as welcome and comfortable as possible. When other users gang up on them, especially the leadership, I recognize my compassion in trying to calm them, and help them know that there are friends instead of antagonists.
I recognize that when I got a mentee, my accomplishments were never noted, even though I worked harder than any other mentor, and I set up a vigorous training process, and gave them confidence to become better editors. I recognize that when this wiki was attacked, I protected it with all of my heart. I corrected malicious lies about us that were spread on other sites. I made sure to tell NMA to correct our link, because it was secretly linking to The Vault. I even recognize the fact that even though I have gone far and beyond normal editing, to clear our stubs, get the wiki spotlighted, to add numerous community templates that are used in almost every blog we see today, that my work will be ignored and forgotten.
And the funny part is, I recognize that I am disliked and even hated by many, simply for trying to protect them, like when I had my rights removed because I was trying to protect a user that was revealing personal information on this site that could have gotten them into serious trouble.
But ultimately, that does not matter. I do care for this wiki. I do care for its editors, viewers and chatters, even when they do not care for me. And I stick around because of that. Because just like family, I am not going to abandon the wiki all because I am going through a rough patch.
But there is a problem that I need to recognize. It has gotten to the point, where I find myself having to defend myself almost 90% of the time. Every action I make, is scrutinized beyond belief, and there are users here that are willing to lie about me, and are just waiting to jump all over me for anything I do. And I have let that affect me too much. It has affected my work, and I am not longer able to pay as much attention to the newer users as I once did.
So no. I am not going to leave the wiki. I am not going to act like you, and project my failures onto others as an excuse for my actions. I recognize that I have done controversial things which will take time to recover from, just as you need to recognize that you have done controversial things that have made you into the user you are today. That is just how it is. My admin days are long gone. For now, even my editing days are long gone. But know that my passion has never gone, and I will know when the day naturally comes, in which I leave this wiki and its community for good.—Preceding unsigned comment added by GarouxBloodline (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- I suppose it could be seen that way. I have always been fully willing to admit that I have an ego, and that I am confident in most everything that I do. But do not mistake that for false entitlement, and do not mistake that a false sense of superiority. I speak boldly, not because I feel that I am better than anyone else, or that my ideas and opinions are better than other ideas and opinions. I speak boldly, because I know in the world we live in today, people choose not to have a voice. I know that if I want to be even the slightest influence, that I need to actually use my voice, and get my opinions out there for consideration.
- I know that a lot of people mistake my boldness, for something else entirely. But that is not something that I can realistically burden onto myself, and all I can strive for, is that my actions will continue to prove to those that listen and keep their eyes open, that I am only doing what I personally see as the bigger picture. And I do strive for what I perceive as the bigger picture, although I fully understand that I do not hold an objective truth for the wiki to wholly rally behind.
- And that is a bit of important history about me that many users here conveniently forget. I am an open-minded person. I can also be stubborn, but I am always willing to listen to others. All it takes is a simple look through my contributions over the years, and this becomes evident beyond my own words. Even though I knew that Gauzz was recruiting users to leave Nukapedia in a spiteful manner, and I was vindicated later when Broc came back and admitted it in chat, I still kept an open-mind, listened to everyone involved, and ultimately decided that it was best to let it go. My archives are full of messages, expressing gratefulness towards the fact that I am willing to compromise, or even abandon what I personally see as best, from users such as Guardian (Ci).
- I mention that history, because I am fully aware that not everything I want, is going to be what the wiki wants. I am always looking for compromise. I am always willing to work with others. And even though I remember the past, and I learn from that past, I do not let the past dictate how I see everyone on this wiki. You lied to Clyde, and tried to get him to take action against me over locked articles. You even took the chat, trying to find a rule loophole in order to ban me or have my rights removed, all because Theo had a fit and left the wiki because of my valid criticism. I remember these things, I will never forget, and they help me understand what I can expect in the future. But when we are not in an incident together, you cannot deny that I speak to you in a civil and respectful manner. You see that I genuinely want to have conversations with you, and that I make sure that you see my appreciation whenever you help me with something.
- So people do see me as an asshole at times, and I can understand that. I can be abrasive. I can be stubborn. But I am also caring. I am compassionate for all users here, and I only react badly whenever I am spoken down to, or whenever I am threatened. I can give you my word, as Utopian as it is, that if the hate stopped, and users actually tried to talk with my civilly, or points out whenever I do something wrong instead of gossiping in chat, and turning my simple mistakes into huge monstrosities, that I would not have the reputation that I have today.
- I really want you to think on what I said here. I do not like making myself seen as a victim, as I have always refused to see myself as a victim. I do not look for sympathy, as I understand that not everything I do will please everyone. The only thing I want, is to be allowed to continue my work as I did in the old days. Back when I did not have to spend a year trying to convince the community to allow me the privilege of creating an article over one of the most important pieces of established lore in Fallout. Back when I did not have to fear rightfully criticizing a popular user without becoming an outcast. Back when my friends could stick up for me without being harassed, such as with Nate now having the nickname "Leon's spy", all because he stood up for me when vicious things were being said about me in PM. The days when I could actually create a forum, without an administrator threatening to abuse his powers by threatening to lock a forum that I have been pouring hard work into for months.
And that is the truth. I recognize that I used to be one of the most prominent editors, and how much I have done for this wiki. But I do recognize that this is not my wiki, and that not everything I want should become reality. It should be recognized, too, from everyone else, that I have never wanted this to be my wiki. I gave up my rights the very moment I thought I could no longer be a proper leader for Nukapedia. I have always been willing to compromise, and I have even reversed decisions that I knew were right. Some Assembly Required! 02:53, December 21, 2014 (UTC)
Back pat to a fellow War Pig Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
I might not be here so much but I do still care & look forward to the next Fallout. SaintPain→ Here to help." 13:34, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and a happy new yearEdit
I would like to use the Christmas-wishes-tradition to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have all of you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you, with perseverance in tough times, but most of all, with wonderful moments among enjoyable friends and family. Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 17:57, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Merry Christmas Gunny, and a happy new year. Please accept this as my endorsement should you be (drunk enough to be) considering running for Chatmod, admin, or bureaucrat again. Agent c (talk) 02:04, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll respond here so all can read: Ahhhhahhhahahhhahhhhhhhhaa! 02:08, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I'll probably call on you when the time is there. I'll give you a notice in 1:10 hours. Jspoel 22:46, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Quite a long comment for the VIP section. Actually, it is the longest one so far. Still, it was added, thanks.17:45, January 14, 2015 (UTC)
I've deleted them again. Sandbox and Sandbox2 remain. Jspoel 18:25, January 25, 2015 (UTC)
The Bigger the greater the chance someone might see it. I like it as it is on the .375 - We'll see if it works, and if not we'll look again at junking the rule. Agent c (talk) 15:39, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
- You may fire when ready. Agent c (talk) 17:36, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Great. Sounds like a mess :( but well overdue for a fix. Agent c (talk) 22:03, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
- I think you can skip Tactics, Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel, Van Buren and Canceled Games for the bot. We hardly get any talkpage comments on those pages anymore. Try to avoid adding wrong game messages to talkpages, like you just explained to Agent c. Maybe check the category, and if possible, use the bot for each category where there are different game cats below a main category. Jspoel 22:40, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
- Great. Sounds like a mess :( but well overdue for a fix. Agent c (talk) 22:03, February 2, 2015 (UTC)
Can you let it run a bit longer than 1 day more? I'd rather see at least saturday included. This is an important subject and the more people read it, and vote for it, the better we can justify the possible changes. Also, these example pages you're planning are a good idea, people want to see those to get a better idea of things. Jspoel 23:55, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hi, so i did look at the wiki for the FO:BoS because i left my consul for a while and came back to see that my pause menu had changed i hadn't seen it before so i looked it up on the wiki, and found it wasn't there and there was no Notes section on the wiki so i tried looking it up directly, but no results. I don't know how to put a Notes section on the wiki or even if it would go there or somewhere else, so I wanted to ask you first to see how to do it for future purposes and for the current predicament.
The thing i found was about 15 min in the pause menu without touching the controller the option screen and the character screen turn black, as green transparent nukes fall down the screen. I did not see anything on it but i might be wrong. If you can help me it would be nice,but if your too busy i understand.
PS: I know my name is spelled wrong.
NUN Mentor request Edit
I've been postponing this as this has been weighing on me rather heavily, but now you're back, I need to react. I have my worries about this project. It's become very complex to probably everyone except you. I think most people think when it comes to weapons you know best, and will trust your approach without seeing the entire scope. And you do know the most about weapons. You come from a military background and it shows. But most everyone else doesn't have that background. To mark a few things myself, creating singular weapon disambig pages changes the consistency we have with item pages. Consumables, misc items, armor and clothing; they are all on singular named overview pages using the gamearticlelist. People search for example for 10mm pistol before the plural 10mm pistols and these weapon disambig pages (who now would acquire prime position when searching) are very different compared to the overview pages; bland and contain less information. And I'm worried it's a lot of the same on the disambig vs overview page. It's strange to see the rest of the overview pages singular, and the weapon ones plural. You're planning so many (new) weapon-type terms that lose people the overview I think. You're asking users to comment on the project page its talkpage, but the only I expect a reaction from is Richie. He appears to see what you have in mind. Many others trust your good judgment in it I think. I'm not sure how to continue on this; you probably curse me right now, and I can understand that after all this work. But I hope you can take a step back and have another look at it from someone who isn't an weapon-expert. Do we need this into such detail? You started this to get the Weapon overview page updated, can we look for a more careful, less drastic, approach? Jspoel 00:08, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
The images are categorized, and the redirect page is down to one link. I don't have any skills with HTML or wiki coding, but I have always had a knack with computer-related things. Let me know when you have a new assignment.-- War Never Changes Bigsamcrew (talk) 03:20, March 4, 2015 (UTC)
I will take care of it later tonight. -- War Never Changes 03:27, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
So, I should make one disambig page for all of the things listed, or should I make one for those with different names? -- War Never Changes 03:42, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
Finished, -- War Never Changes 04:21, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
Let me know when you have more work. -- War Never Changes 14:39, March 5, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, I finished it and I included the cut content things too, not sure on that one. Let me know. -- War Never Changes 04:02, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, I will be afk for a few hours, but it should be done by tonight. -- War Never Changes 20:04, March 7, 2015 (UTC)
Finished, and I fixed the links that I could. -- War Never Changes 04:19, March 8, 2015 (UTC)
The page is complete in my sandbox. I will be on again at like 9:45 tonight. -- War Never Changes 20:15, March 9, 2015 (UTC)
All done, Its published and the project page is updated. -- War Never Changes 03:16, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Okay, I saw the changes you made, let me know when you have something new to work on -- War Never Changes 15:28, March 11, 2015 (UTC)
I will take care of the disambig, and what do you think of power fists next? -- War Never Changes 02:59, March 12, 2015 (UTC)
I got the gamearticle list done, I will hopefully finish tomorrow. -- War Never Changes 03:00, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
I think I have it done, let me know and I will check tonight. -- War Never Changes 15:08, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, sorry I wasn't around this weekend. I was at a retreat and was afk all weekend. If you have something new let me know. -- War Never Changes 03:17, March 16, 2015 (UTC)
Sounds good -- War Never Changes 15:09, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
It appeared to look ready to publish. -- War Never Changes 15:37, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
Sounds good. Thanks for getting me on my feet with the wiki. -- War Never Changes 15:09, March 17, 2015 (UTC) 01:37, March 20, 2015 (UTC)
One of the things I have a problem with is the way we're now approaching the (weapon) overview pages. These item overviewpages (with the gamearticle and -list) were never intended to be plural. Only gamespanning pages are plural, most everything else not (there may be a few exceptions). I've given that policy another read and it states: "Overview articles should be named "<full game name> <subject in plural>" (e.g. "Fallout 2 organizations")" The way "overview" is used here isn't meant to apply to item overview pages in this case, but to gamespanning overview pages. You can see it in the <full game name> and the example, Fallout 2 organizations. As I see the policy meant, we have two types of overview pages, game overview pages (plural) and singular item overview pages (for items). The overview pages have worked well in singular form for years and now you're moving these important weapon overviews to a place of less profile, and it will change the consistency we have with other items. Consumables, armor, misc items, they all are on singular overview pages, where I think they should stay. Like I said before, now we're getting bland disambig pages taking over the important position over from overview pages. There's going to be redundancy, like just happened for the dynamite or plastic explosives page. For example, we have the dynamite page and the dynamite (disambiguation) page where the latter has one item less. That's really not efficient. Or now I'm seeing the Molotov cocktail disambig with a lot of distracting icons, and the overview page which has pretty much the same content, but looks a lot better and has more (background) info. The efficiency, clarity and easy of finding what you look for becomes lost. I like to have one overview, and getting plenty of result with it. People will spot quickly enough what they look for and see similar items along with it. Another problem is that when people land on a disambig page they won't spot the pluralized overview page that easily anymore (you have to click a link) or know it's even there (plural pages come much further down the search bar and often even won't show up), while it has far more information. You have the community's support but I think it is primarily based on people knowing of your weapon insight and knowledge. They don't see everything you're envisioning. You've made it that complex you're the only one completely understanding it (and can work on it efficiently), you can see it in some of the responses on the blog or on the project's talkpage. You've made it that large I'm also having problems understanding it, you have to dig through it for a few hours and people are not going to do that. They trust your weapon knowledge, see your thoroughness and give the ok. Because I'm not seeing everything, and surely don't have your weapon expertise (I'm not really that much into weapons to be honest), I haven't been able to give good arguments. Now you're making some progress, it's becoming all a bit clearer. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the work you've put into it, but I'm seeing changes on a large scale that worry me. Try to put yourself in my place for a moment. I've worked four years for many hours a day on this wiki and are responsible for a lot of its content. It's become sort of a home and I care for it. Now I see a major change coming, and I feel a large part of it will be for the worse for reasons I explained earlier. There's also some good that can come from it, like the larger, new overview pages or some splitting (like the grenades page) but as it is now it's just too much. From what I can see now, I would suggest getting rid of the weapon disambig pages as much as possible (disambig pages have a more multi-purpose than overview pages; they serve more for a general overview of things like Phoenix and apply to most everything that has that word in it. Overviewpages only apply to items) and (mostly) reinstate the overviews to singular. You could almost consider a search result as the disambig page actually. That's about where I'm standing. Think also asking the community for an evaluation after maybe some more work is done can be an option to see if we want to continue this way. I know this probably will get you frustrated or mad after putting so much work in it, but I'm in an important position and I honestly have my concerns. Hope you can do something with what I said. Jspoel 14:28, March 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, I am thinking that the overview pages are close enough. Some weapons are missing there, but not even that many (in comparison to those that are listed). We don't have to necessarily follow Wikipedia's guidelines for disambiguating. But appearantly, the community wants it for the weapons. I don't have a real answer to your disambig question as I personally don't want to choose either. Then keep the current approach I reckon, and add (disambiguation) to the few pages that need them. Jspoel 19:40, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
hey is it possible to create a box on a wiki home page where it shows the latest blog updates? I'm trying to make my wiki look like fanfiction.net have a look at my wiki, if you can and plz try to help me: Heres the link http://fanfictionnet-writers.wikia.com/wiki/FanFiction.net_Writers_Wiki
sorry, last thing, i've noticed theres like an auto message thing that pops up on a talk page when the user just joins. Is there a way to set it up for my wiki? --Minecraftpsyco99 (talk) 16:58, March 10, 2015 (UTC)--Minecraftpsyco99 (talk) 16:58, March 10, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, me again, i've been trying to work with the custom welcome message thingy on my wiki, but I don't quite understand the coding or where it needs to be, could you help me with this? Thx --Minecraftpsyco99 write on! 14:54, March 13, 2015 (UTC)
so you think you could come over to my page and help me edit it? I'm in way over my head here..... http://fanfictionnet-writers.wikia.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Welcome-message-user
id like it to be the same blue color: #333399, the same greeting, links to The Author, Events, Stories, and Memes Categories (stories have yet to be added) A link to my talk page. The message: "Recruit your friends! Click here!" Linking to the how to recruit page The link is on the home page a link to a random page and Scratch Paper (Sandbox) Link, then the contact info and shtuff, and it should be signed by most recent admin thx! --Minecraftpsyco99 write on! 14:24, March 17, 2015 (UTC)
To: -The Gunny-
|You have been given an award for helping a Wikia Newb!|
Hey, just checking to make sure everything is still good with the weapons project. If you can give me some instructions on something to do, it would be great. Sorry, I'm just getting bored of linking. Thanks, -- 15:53, April 13, 2015 (UTC)
I see you sneaking in, stuffing ballot boxes....Edit
Fallout Wiki (PT) Edit
Hello The Gunny.
I need a hand. I've faced few problems wile I was trying to fix 2 infobox in to the PT Fallout Wiki, and I really don't know how to fix them.
- Infobox Game: It is showing some error lines in to the templates before other templates and no it is on every single one of them so if you can check out our programation files I would be glad.
I look foward to hear from you
PS: I gave you admin rights to provide you with every autorization that you need to modify them.
- Nevermind :)
MediaWiki pages Edit
Hi, I come from the french fallout wiki "L'Abri" and I have some issues about MediaWiki pages. I talked to Peace'n Hugs who adviced me to rather ask you. I just transfer you the message :
"Sorry for the disturbance. I finally became administrator not long ago and now I wanna modify the main page. The problem is that the french wiki "L'Abri" has not the same MediaWiki code than yours (neither the same skin nor the same appearance). I just know that the Common.css page can change that, but I'm not a expert.
I really don't want to do bullshit, so I have two questions :
- Can I copy/paste your Common.css MediaWiki page on the french wiki ? Is it legal ? Insofar as all the fallout wikis are more or less based on yours, I think this is not a problem, but I'm not sure.
- Is Common.css page the only MediaWiki page which is important for skin or appearance, or is there another page I need to add ?"
Sorry for my english.
Well, your answer was quite clear and I thank you for it. What I want to do is a huge renovation project, both of the main page and of all the templates. The appearance of our wiki is too old. It's a obstacle to our activity, and I really need to do it. Based on that, I think it will be easier to change everything than analyze each template and each css page one by one.
But I'm not lost however. I have some basic css practice (html and css for website development) and i understand almost all of your MediaWiki pages. I'll try to do it myself but if you have some advices I'll be happy to listen to you :).
Ok, I gonna do that. This work won't be so long as that, insofar as our wiki is tiny for the moment, and very few pages have a template (existing ones are anyway incomplete). Thanks a lot for your help.
Hello, once again sorry for disturbance. I hope this is the last time I come here :D. For the moment, almost everything is going fine. I just have few problems and I didn't find any answer on the net.
- First, i copied over all the Template:Infobox and its auxiliary templates (in fact, I copied over all the templates on this site to be sure). But it seems that the template needs the Variables extension to work (the Infobox/aux templates seem to be not linked to the Infobox template). This extension is not already installed on my wikia (not seen on the Special:Version page). How do I install it, if it's possible ? - My second problem is not as important. I created a portal for every Fallout game. The code is good, but when I publish them, the format is disturbed by the usual gadgets box at the right (such as recent changes, the tchat...). It's probably dumb, but how can I change it ?
Thank you for attention.
It's a surprise Edit
Since the message is the same to all of the bureaucrats (aside from my message to J), I figure I will go ahead and copy my main point from Clyde's talk-page, onto yours.
First of all, I want to apologize for not being able to log-in right now - this is Leon, for the record. I am wondering if you will be free next week? I do not have an exact date, yet, but there is something rather important I want to discuss with the bureaucrats, and I think this is something that you all will want to hear out. Nothing bad - I promise.
This discussion will not be restricted to the bureaucrat team, but the discussion we have will determine whether or not I bring what I have to the community. I really would appreciate it if you could make it, and I will make sure to give you a proper date as soon as I can if you agree.
Now, I know that you are no longer a bureaucrat. But the fact is, out of all of our retired rights-users, you are the only one that many users here still consider as a bureaucrat, which is rather important when taking the command structure into account here on Nukapedia.
Thanks in advance - take your time figuring out your answer/schedule, as my own schedule is shaky, which means I could be here later today, or it might take me a few days to be able to check back in. 188.8.131.52 06:53, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- Update: Please see the discussion I had earlier with Chad for further information. Thank you for your time and consideration. 184.108.40.206 08:16, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
- I would greatly appreciate your input - even if you are not able to attend the meeting, I will be releasing my document to the public, for everyone's consideration.
- I think you would be interested in my proposition, regardless of the ultimate decision made here at Nukapedia. I will be telling everyone else this, as well, but I will hold no grudge if my proposition is denied, and all Nukapedians will still have a chance to become involved through the other mediums I am currently setting up.
- But I am getting ahead of myself - I will be releasing the document soon, to see if it is noteworthy enough to add to the meeting's agenda. 220.127.116.11 17:04, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Ah... I was not around for the first meeting date, and so I am unsure as to how proposals were, well, proposed. I have a feeling that proposals were typically made in chat for consideration, and since I cannot currently log-in, that is not really an option for me.
Since you appear to be online, I figured I would go ahead and ask you as to how I should approach this. I could put everything into a sandbox, and send it to whomever is in charge of the meeting agenda (Chad?). Or, if it is deemed necessary, I s'pose I would not mind putting everything into a forum. 18.104.22.168 17:13, June 6, 2015 (UTC)
Template help Edit
A while ago, I worked on a template in one of my sandboxes designed to facilitate the "appearances" section of FO4 pages. Now that we have some news about FO4, I've dug out the template to realise there are a few issues.
Since the template should be substituted, is there a way to do so without leaving the convoluted #ifeq section in there? There is an example of the template being used in User:Skire/sandbox3 while the original coding appears in User:Skire/sandbox2.
- Aha, that's probably the simplest solution. This was made for FO4 essentially, so we could just remove that extra option in the template and have it work only for FO4 (with a link option remaining). --Skire (talk) 01:26, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
- OK. Lastly, do you know how to get the PAGENAME magic word to be substituted whenever the template is used without having it be substituted in the original template coding? --Skire (talk) 02:06, June 8, 2015 (UTC)
I found the problem, I previously downloaded the 1280*720 version. I now just downloaded the 1920*1080 version using another converter. Jspoel 17:35, June 7, 2015 (UTC)
On further thought, I believe the template would mainly be used manually by editors (as opposed to by bots). This would be done while pages are being created (and not afterwards) as the Appearances section is required for many categories of articles. Given that, any suggestions as to how to resolve the PAGENAME issue? Is there even a way to substitute magic words within a template? --Skire (talk) 19:53, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
- You're right, it should definitely be Pagename nd (especially since we can expect even more disambig. suffixes than before). Since, as you said, it cannot be substituted, does that mean we'd have to leave the template as it is on the page? Practically, that shouldn't be a major issue... --Skire (talk) 21:12, June 10, 2015 (UTC)
- Sweet. So the only remaining issue is the Pagename nd template. From what I know, we have two options: 1.) Keep the Pagename nd template on the articles (and possibly fix them later by bot or something). 2.) Use PAGENAME and fix the articles with suffixes afterwards. --Skire (talk) 00:58, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
I am not theon e fighting Edit
if people want to force an arguement down by throat by practicing willfull ignorince and deliberately ignoring what i am saying and talking about because arguing is more important to them than discussion, I am not going to treat them well... ralok (talk) 01:07, June 11, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter Armor and Clothing infobox Edit
This infobox is an basic one the only new things that we are going to need are:
- New Icons - This guy probably can help us with that.
- Classic SPECIAL - With - Strength, Perception, Endurace, Charisma, Intelligence, Agility, Luck.
- How rare it is - Gold rare, Silver rare and common (or something that lookslike this)
- Image - That can be found in the maing clothing page or with this guy again.
Pritty much that is all what is needed for this new infobox... I think.
Oh yeah and you'll have to ask Jspoel if he want us making new pages to each neww piece of clothing and weapon find in this game.
- Ok one thing that we gonna need too is the Abb for Fallout Shelter. I think that FOS is good for it...
- I think that we are going to continue to produce the articles at least in an basic way.
(←) I've added the FOS game icon to the abb template. Get the feeling we don't need the seperate pages, just redirects (based on lack of information). Did you play it? (haven't myself) Jspoel 20:54, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. They look pretty bad this way, not following policy. I'd like to see them cleaned up and presentable in any case. Jspoel 21:03, June 16, 2015 (UTC)
(←) I liked the Fallout Shelter armor template but looks like that we can sell those armors in the game too. I think that we can wait to add after the game be launched to Android but would be a good idea to leave it already in to the template.Lincoln Speak! 19:16, June 17, 2015 (UTC)
Can you take a look at the Armor gamebryo template? The infobox for Fallout 4 armor doesn't accept the value. Tried to fix it but no luck yet. Jspoel 17:07, June 17, 2015 (UTC)
Oof, that took me some time to see what it was about, since this Sald is seen only for a split second. Here:
Well, here's the video. It is on 25:21 (just a split second, so watch with attention). 18:49, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter again Edit
- Well I'm not sure if it's better call Fallout shelter's rooms of facilities or just rooms (language issue). Can you help me with that issue? Lincoln Speak! 21:22, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Rooms infobox Edit
We'll need an infobox with those things for the rooms areas:
- Ability Improved (optional)
- Assignable dwellers (optional)
- Generation (optional)
- Rush Reward (optional)
- Base polulation (optional), this one is like a requirement to build any room
- Cost (optional)
Basiclly I want almost all - or all - to by optional because there is few rooms that you don't build like the Vault entrance wile there are others that don't produce nothing or can't be rushed.
- That is looking good but i don't have any good image to use but I'm looking for few yet. I think that I can start to put those infobox in the respective pages. Oh can you make now the rooms' navbox? Lincoln Speak! 22:51, June 18, 2015 (UTC)
Looks perfectly fine on my end. 2 rows of 4 portal images, no distortions. I undid my changes to Wikia.css widening my screen and it still looks good. But maybe something somehow can go wrong I suppose. We'll leave at 3*3 then for now. Maybe up for discussion saturday. Jspoel 00:01, June 19, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter's characters infobox Edit
I'm here just to say that we no longer need the fallout shelter's infobox for character since we can use the usual character's infobox without any problems. But we'll need an navbox for characters and weapons. Lincoln Speak! 14:40, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
I see that you are currently online and editing, so I will ask this favour to you:
I am going to be pretty distracted today, and I do not want to miss the meeting today (even partially). My E-Mail alerts whenever I get a message on Wikia also go to my phone, so could you send me a message maybe 10-20 minutes before the meeting starts? I will make sure to get my butt back home in time.
No obligation, of course. I will likely be back home in-time anyways - but just in-case, you know. :P User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 15:38, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
- I really appreciate it. Since I am in central US time, I believe the meeting will be at 6, my time. Hopefully I will be back on my own by then. But knowing me... who in the hell knows. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 15:47, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
As was determined in today's meeting, a few changes in my sandbox became necessary, and said changes have now been made. It was also determined that the bureaucrats should read over the changes, making sure that everything is up to Nukapedia's standards, before coming to a collective decision as to whether or not I can bring this competition up for community consideration.
It was proposed to me in the meeting, since my prizes are all Bethesda-related, that I should reach out to Bethesda to see if they are willing to endorse/help cover the costs of some of the prizes, in order to help establish legitimacy and help draw in additional attention. I have already sent a message out, and should they answer, I will be updating all communities involved with this competition immediately.
In the meantime, please take this sandbox into consideration, and get back with me at your earliest convenience (before the 25th would be for the best, since I do have other involved communities to take into consideration). Thank you for your time. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 23:41, June 20, 2015 (UTC)
- Just an update that I need an answer by tonight/early tomorrow. I have already put off the competition for over 2-weeks, and with the competition spanning over months, with Fallout 4 allegedly coming out in November of this year, I cannot afford to spend too much more of that time waiting around.
- If I get approval here, I can afford one more week, in regards to getting a community forum started and a consensus gained. In the case where a consensus can be reached, I can be ready to immediately have Nukapedia involved, and the competition started. Thank you for your time and consideration. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 14:55, June 24, 2015 (UTC)
Shelter weapon overview pageEdit
I thought I only moved the Fat Man and its relatives to the bottom as the strongest weapons. But if you like it better alphabetically go ahead and move it back. Jspoel 21:04, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
The holodisks are now giving question marks for a value when it's blank. Must be the something IbValue template I reckon. Can you solve it? Jspoel 22:53, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
- Missed two pipe symbols earlier today. It's all good again. Jspoel 23:20, June 21, 2015 (UTC)
FoS weapon imagesEdit
I uploaded a bunch of weapon images from one of the sources that Digital Utopia added to the forum. They can have a nice place in the Name column in your sandbox. I assume that will be a sandbox replacing the current Fallout Shelter weapons (roughly, probably - minus verified and + costs). Jspoel 23:33, June 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Tagaziel added it to The Vault. Very trustworthy in my opinion. And I don't agree removing those highlights on those unique weapons. It makes them stand out and better spotted. Jspoel 16:44, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
- I'm almost certain he's playing Fallout Shelter and adding content as he progresses. He added a lot of in-game images, and adding content to it, very soon after the game was released. Think he did that on his own, certainly doesn't have it from us. I also think he did the weapon pages by himself; for example he has descriptions for weapons we don't have, like the hardened lever-action rifle. Jspoel 16:59, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
I'm guccie now. Edit
Put me back on. I'm chill right now. I wanna chat. This wiki showed me mad things in the last two games.
No one reads the rules. Im sorry. Unbanned this person. I'll chill. I dont want to use another account.
Look, you're an admin. I didn't even know that. And i changed my image, guy. I got you.
Wow, three days? What is that. That's not a punishment. Thats a week before I'll log back in here.
All the weapon pages a have a logical system of numbering. Just those two were off, I thought it was a typo, and corrected it. Jspoel 20:14, June 30, 2015 (UTC)
Code pages Edit
Hello Gunny, I'll need a hand. Do you know every code page from your wiki? I would need the names to check on the portuguese wiki and fix any issue. Those code pages or programation pages are like the CSS. Lincoln Speak! 22:04, July 2, 2015 (UTC)
Hi Gunny. Chad tells me you have an especially high quality version of the FO4 trailer handy... Do you think you could get me screenshots of certain locations? I have a photo-blog planned for release tomorrow that will include pictures I took today in a trip throughout Boston highlighting the sights from the trailer. I'm looking to do some side-by-side comparison. Don't worry about angles for now, as they are far too difficult to match in real life (mostly birds-eye views in the trailer). Specifically, I have images of the Paul Revere Statue, USS Constitution, Bunker Hill Monument, Fenway Park, MIT, and the MA State House. --Skire (talk) 01:44, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
- Got it. And thanks for the link! If you're interested, here's the blog: User blog:Skire/4th of July Boston Tour - a pre-Fallout 4 photo blog. --Skire (talk) 22:28, July 5, 2015 (UTC)
page that needs to be deleted.Edit
hi, there is a page that needs to be deleted, it is Nuka-Cola bottler, it is a troll page. Also i don't know if this needs to be delete or not but also the page JunkJet receiver. Can you please check them out. Thank you for your time.--RocknRollFallout32 (talk) 23:48, July 4, 2015 (UTC) Never mind.--RocknRollFallout32 (talk) 23:49, July 4, 2015 (UTC)
22:58, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Why do you hurt me so?
- 23:40, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Beep beep beep.
- 00:10, July 9, 2015 (UTC)
Zero, Abstractacas, Abstract, Ab. hey you! whatever you wanna call me here. In just a few short weeks I will have met the requirements for patroller. Seeing as how my opinions about certain things piss everyone off, I won't be returning to chat. However I would like to ask, if this will prevent me from being able to gain patroller rights? 23:43, July 8, 2015 (UTC)
R91 <--> M199Edit
Your knowledge of the U.S. Military, as well as the hard-ware that it uses and designates, is something that I am looking for right now. At the moment, over at The Vault, we are discussing as to whether or not the R91 & M199 are one-in-the-same, and as I am almost entirely ignorant of weapons and their place in history, I am unsure of established military precedents.
Your input would also be welcome over there, should you feel like giving an opinion on the vote/discussion - regardless, I was hoping to gain some insight from someone who knows a lot more than me on this matter. For reference, please visit this forum.
I appreciate your consideration - hope to hear back from you soon. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 20:37, July 14, 2015 (UTC)
- I really appreciate that. I am going to re-read all of that again, and process everything - but in the end, I believe I am under the same stance as yours - keep the articles separate, as outright suggesting they are one-in-the-same, needs some sort of confirmation.
- Thanks again. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 21:34, July 14, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter weaponsEdit
Merging is something I've been thinking about, because they are almost copied pages, might as well be one directing to a main page and keep the unique one. Only difference is a few stats in the infobox you can read in the overview table (we could add an extra columns for the description). A problem is though that redirects wouldn't show up in the search so at the moment it's probably not an option. (I've taken that up with Wikia in the past but they haven't done anything about it.) I removed the background because it's taken from Fallout 3 source documents and Shelter is just a playful spin-off without any kind of own background for items. People won't be looking for it on Shelter pages I think. As a note, I didn't know OnionRings had added those backgrounds in agreement with you. Jspoel 21:37, July 17, 2015 (UTC)
1) Reverting a revert without discussion/consensus is against our policies.
2) Shining did not even grace the wiki with a supporting argument.
3) If these tags are due to a consensus, then I do not see this consensus in public. And since you are doing the reverting, I am under the impression that if there was a chat/private-consensus, that you were involved with it.
- I sincerely hope that I am wrong there, as one of my conditions for voting for you, was to help stop non-transparent decisions made in chat/private over matters that directly affect the wiki. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 19:01, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
First of all: saying "Irrelevant" in the deletion tags is not transparent. That is about as vague as one can get.
Second of all: I have the inherent right to revert edits that I do not agree with. If an anon went around throwing deletion tags haphazardly, with the same vague description, they would immediately be pegged as a troll and likely would be banned (I know this for a fact, being an admin and watching other admins over the years).
Third of all: the policies specifically state that reverting a revert is against wiki etiquette. Either a discussion is needed to reinstate the edit(s), or a mediator needs to become involved. User:Sarkhan the Sojourner 19:08, July 18, 2015 (UTC)
Ino bro, I'll try, it's just some of the things going on around here atm, especially with Leon's ban and the circumstances with that, cos I was alright with Leon when he was active here, we both also agreed on some things as well. But especially I'm kinda pissed off with the hypocrisy of those involved in his ban, who've said far worse things than what Leon said then, some of those things being said to me at some points but I haven't said anything, and the way they're trying to blend it and act like they're exempt, trying to say that the circumstances are different, I don't really like it tbh. That's why it was sorta getting heated on the forum, because its the same people. But... it's also the constant feeling that other people here have had as well that no matter what you do or how well you present an argument or how good your points are, it won't be listened to, the red herrings and the downgrading and all that, uno. But yeah, I know what you mean, I'll just leave it for a bit now, see what transpires and come back to it another time. Blog 01:41, July 22, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout Shelter Weapons PageEdit
I noticed that the heavy weapons are under Energy Weapons. shouldn't they be in their own category and possibly called Big Guns like in Fallout 3? Are they called Heavy Weapons in-game? OnionRings (talk) 00:17, July 23, 2015 (UTC)
please get on chat when you get a chance.
_______________________________________________________________________ would you please add this wiki to other languages of fallout wiki?
Fallout Persian wiki Edit
hi,would you please add this wiki in the main page.
it's the fallout wiki in persian language.
this is the address here:fa.fallout.wikia.com
please add it.
--22.214.171.124 12:24, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Formal Patroller RequestEdit
Not really sure how this works. I don't know if it's supposed to be some formal process. But this is me requesting patroller rights. I have and have had the edit requirement for quite awhile. With FOS dropping on Android soon, I'll be around to help with those articles, as well as the obvious drop of Fo4 in November. Just looking to help with the flood of information as well as the amount of vandalism that I'm sure we will get. So yea, Gunny may I have patroller rights? 18:32, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
FoS Weapons PagesEdit
There are many issues that I need to discuss with you concerning the FoS weapons pages, concerning the backgrounds and Characteristics sections. Would you prefer me to list them on your TP or discuss them in Nuka-chat?
- Because their is no actual background data for anything in FoS, the weapons pages current backgrounds feel like they should be merged into the Characteristics section. Personally, I feel that we should go back to using the transclusions from Fo3 for the Backgrounds and merge thr current sections together under Characteristics. Jasper feels that we should merge and just leave the pages without a background section. What is your opinion?
- Lord Onions: Dat Onion Ring Luvin Fox! (Talk) 20:53, August 4, 2015 (UTC)
Starting Monday, I will be back in my dorm and able to access the wiki consistently. Drop me a line on my talk page with whatever it was you wanted to discuss with me. Thanks, -- 01:06, August 9, 2015 (UTC)
When you have a momentEdit
Hi Gunny, until Fallout 4 is released, I won't be very active. I have a lot going on in my life right now, and I am too busy at the moment. I intend to return when Fallout 4 is released to deal with anons and work on the massive amount of pages we'll need to create. Thanks, -- 16:25, August 25, 2015 (UTC)