| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7|
Hello! To leave me a message, simply click here!
Unless you see me editing, I am most likely not on at this time. If you leave a message, I will respond as soon as possible.
- Please sign your messages with ~~~~.
- Please make a heading when you start a conversation, but not for every message.
X-01 Power Armor Edit
There is no source to suggest that X-01 Power Armor is Advanced Power Armor, because no recorded instance has ever been found in Fallout 4 that has stated in obvious reference that X-01 Power Armor is of Enclave origin. All that was stated was that it was developed "by remnants of the military after the Great War." So, any claim that it is referenced to as "remnants power armor" is merely speculation because it introduces another person's speculative material in separate form. If it can't be proved, it's just speculation. As far as I saw, speculation was expressly disallowed, but that it was widely discouraged in our community. As so, even without unreasonable founding, I thought it would be better to cut the controversial topic. --TheRoyalNate (talk) 02:28, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
You like Halo Wars! Crap i thought no-one but me and a select group that liked it! Cool!
I thought everyone loved Halo Wars. But I'd like to point out that it looks nearly identical. Not saying it is advanced power mark II. But that it is likely either Enclave, or BoS, Or a different faction of the sorts. Bethesda could say that it is. I am hoping for an Enclave DLC, or at least for a member to appear as an remnant. It'd give insight.The Reincarnation Of Akatosh (talk) 17:20, April 26, 2016 (UTC)
Please ban me from the chat Edit
Just ban me from the chat
In regards to revision 2560591, the new wording makes it sound like speculation. I would've tweaked it to fit but I'm not near a computer at the moment. Just thought I'd leave a message as to why I temporarily reverted it Politie (talk) 20:48, April 2, 2016 (UTC)
this is a Edit
hey whats to quickest way to become a memeber of the NCR??
I am sorry, but these are new challenges for me; it is hard to make decisions in times like these.15:28, May 18, 2016 (UTC)
Looks like that block is sticking past the undo. Can only change my chathacks on and off. I think that warrants a permablock. Dude's obviously only here to cause shit. :/ Great Mara (talk) 00:01, June 11, 2016 (UTC)
Bug Policy Proposals and Changes Edit
Hi there, I just wanted to notify all special rights holders of the new Bug policy proposals that are being put up for vote in the forums. If you have a free moment, please make sure to go in and vote. Forum:Bug Policy proposals and changes. ---bleep196- (talk) 19:48, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
Any word on when your vote thing might be ready? I am hoping to have the News Live Page ready for the weekend, and there's a spot in the "Sports" section with your name on it. Agent c (talk) 23:35, June 21, 2016 (UTC)
I removed the description of ED-E, ED-E (Lonesome Road), Prototype eyebot and Destroyed eyebot because they are unique eyebots and not a variant of the eyebot model like the floating eyebot. The article layout used for pages like Assaultron and Protectron (Fallout: New Vegas), Protectron (Fallout 4), Mister Gutsy... clearly separate Variants from Notable units. I moved those units out of the Variants section because they don't belong there. --YOD 02:51, June 25, 2016 (UTC)
I noticed you undid my edit. I didn't know that was an issue present since the launch of the game, and i didn't know bugs didn't go in patch pages. Sorry about that. I put that there because that issue only started for me after my game updated yesterday, and has been particularly bad since, so i assumed it was a glicth added with the new patch. Thanks for explaining the undo. The Cat Master (talk) 00:05, July 20, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, sorry about all the legendary effect subsections. Wanted to reduce the need for page-flipping for people looking for what can or can't be prefixed on what (i.e. rapid laser gatling, never-ending missile launcher or two-shot minigun, can't be spawned by the game because the rules don't allow for it). My bad on that.
220.127.116.11 23:44, July 26, 2016 (UTC)
Power Cycle 1000 - More than one? Edit
How do we get more than one Power Cycle 1000? - I can't find a BASE ITEM Code that works, or anything in the Workshop.
jackdplayer18.104.22.168 15:14, August 1, 2016 (UTC)
Found a user who tried to evade a ban. Edit
Thanks Chad. TAoA 02:45, August 8, 2016 (UTC)
Could you take a look at the most recent page I made on this wiki here's the link: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Nuka-Cade
Why not?, it's both a company and a location. (Kelis98 (talk) 01:03, August 19, 2016 (UTC))
Yeah, but Vault-Tec is called Vault-Tec more often than Vault-Tec corporation, plus why would you have corporation used twice in the same sentence when it's already established that it's a corporation? (Kelis98 (talk) 00:57, August 21, 2016 (UTC))
This is a backup message being sent to Admins of the Fallout wiki. I have recently added a few more bugs to Fallout 4's quest page for Show No Mercy and it appears to have corrupted in a way. I am unable to fix it, and requires your immediate attention should another Admin have not taken care of already.
If you plan on just reverting the page to it's former then becareful, as the bugs I've put down will be lost, which will be unfortunate because it comes with video evidence.
Requesting Rollback+Ban 22.214.171.124 Edit
Hi Paladin117, I saw you nominated several of the mentioned-only character pages I created. Could you please explain why you think these need to be removed? We have been creating mentioned-only character pages for years now, and also for very minor characters. Just look at Barb, created by an admin back in 2011. So I was really surprised when I saw a deletion nomination end up on those pages :)
I've also asked JSpoelstra the question about if these people were notable or not. His opinion is: I've seen Paladin117 add the tags, and I don't really agree with it. We've added pages for all mentioned-only characters in all these years, however minor they may be. Now there are pages with the delete tag, and pages of similar strength without the tag. I would reinstate the pages you created.
- Thanks for the answer! So in your logic that would mean that a lot of older articles should be deleted. There's was nothing unique about the article Barb and as such, the admin did not do a good job and created an article which should never have been created. Funny how you suddenly, after all these years, updated that aricle. In the state it was, it should have not existed all those years, according to your logic.
- I personally agree with JSpoelstra and think these articles should exist on their own, as we always did. I really don't see why you have to nitpick about my articles specifically, it has been done years like this, and people never nominated those for deletion. You're not the first though, I always have the luck that, after several years of things being done a certain way, I do that too and suddenly people start questioning it. Very, very sad. Kennyannydenny (talk) 15:59, September 4, 2016 (UTC)
Can we discuss the evidence that the X-01 armor is pre-war? Besides the flimsy mistake Bethesda made with the Galactic Zone. —Preceding unsigned comment added by CSThomas888 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- It was engineered after the great war. As you can read in the loading screen, by remnants of the U.S. government (Obviously Enclave. We agree?) Earliest attempts to create Post-war power armor by the Enclave were not made not until around 2200. These attempts failed and were considered inferior to existing Pre-war models. Success was not had until almost 20 years later. How was the X-01 a prototype when the T-60 was barley off the table itself? —Preceding unsigned comment added by CSThomas888 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- ...The military is part of the government. Several locations? Sure, but only two that are not level dependent. Those only two being in Nuka-World. To sum up your argument without "straw-maning" you, are you saying: A different, sizable, and resourceful group of former U.S. government/military; that is not the Brotherhood of Steel or the Enclave, engineered a suit of power armor that looks exactly like the Enclave's Advanced Power Armor, but was already developed before the great war (despite the contradiction from the loading screen), and the Enclave had no knowledge of this armor. So, they decided to try, and fail, to produce a superior suit of power armor for about 20 years despite one being in the Possession of Nuka-World that could only have been given to them by the U.S. government due to their military contracts? I would say that, at best, you are really reaching. At worst... CSThomas888 (talk) 02:30, September 14, 2016 (UTC)
- The military remnants were sizable enough to be the dominate powers in the U.S. wasteland, but I digress. No, the USA is not just a military. I said government remnants, you said no, military remnants. The military is nothing if not part of the government. I would suggest that their repeated failures creating superior power armor for two decades over 100 years later would suggest that they had no knowledge of the X-01 that was supposedly already created and better than anything previously suggested to be Pre-war.
- Now can we please correct the page until more evidence comes forward to support your side? I'm not saying you are definitively wrong. I'm saying there is far more evidence to support my side of the argument. In short; the evidence is stacked against you, I don't see why you would change the page based on a theory because of one (maybe two) suits of power armor in a rushed DLC as opposed to three previous games and most of the forth one contradicting your theory. CSThomas888 (talk) 02:54, September 14, 2016 (UTC)
- I'm basing my evidence on the fact that, besides the military being part of the government, and it being stated that the military was among the government officials who started the Enclave, The X-01 armor looks exactly like the Enclave's advanced power armor, the loading screen stating that the armor was engineered after the war, and the previous games documents of the development of advanced power armor matching up more or less with the loading screen (as far as both were engineered after the war by remnants of the U.S. government/military. Yes the Enclave dabbled in dangerous science and often did it poorly, but they were fully capable of engineering power armor, and any reasonable person would argue that if they had a pre-war experimental model of advanced pwoer armor to work from that it would not have taken 20 years to develop something better than pre-war tech. You are basing your evidence of two suits of power armor (realistically only one). Again the evidence is stacked against you. When you say "unless a consensus is reached" you mean until you agree correct? Can I ask what consensus was reached to change it in the first place? Surely not based on the "evidence" of the Quantum X-01 armor... CSThomas888 (talk) 03:14, September 14, 2016 (UTC)
Brain Dead Edit
The quest Brain Dead if Far Harbor was inspired by a moded quest for Fallout New Vegas, so how come you undid my edit? Sincerely LoneGunMenWander
—Preceding unsigned comment added by LoneGunMenWander (talk • contribs) 16:17, September 27, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Why did you remove all that content form SierraX's userpage? I don't see anything that validates doing that. Jspoel 22:07, October 2, 2016 (UTC)
Hey Paladin i have a slight problem on the /d and i need a moderator or an admin on a page..here is the link: http://fallout.wikia.com/d/p/2846726032399009643
Sexual Harassment Edit
Hey paladin, while you were away in chat someone came in and, well you can see for yourself https://gyazo.com/f33c82fe684211329e448f011f4e3523, I honestly doubt you will do anything, but it's worth a shot. --DarkVaultBoy (talk) 03:29, October 3, 2016 (UTC)
Lone Wanderer Edit
Appreciate you protecting the article. I know everybody and anybody can make a mistake, but if some would actually take the time to read the lore instead of blindly jumping in and editing, there'd be a lot less to correct. StormRider71 (talk) 19:44, October 5, 2016 (UTC)
I apologized if I somehow caused a 'disruption' because of the forum I made.
Sometimes I just don't really make sense (or missing some) words when I'm writing down as I didn't really mean this kind of situation. Did not expect this to turn into an argument.
I am not really accusing or saying bad things on how things are being handled here, all I actually wanted is to change the option 1 to 2 after seeing some situations but I do kind of get whats going on (the rule 9, etc mustve slipped out of my mind, lets just say Im also a bit stressed out) although I just really don't want people to misunderstand of what I'm actually trying to say.
Therefore in order to end this I have asked Chad (Agent c) to close down the thread I started and make an apology as it simply caused me, and everyone else a trouble.
Citation Verification query Edit
Howdy! Been a while since I was active on Wikis & there's obviously a lot changed in the way things are done. I did an edit on the ArcJet Systems "Notes" section, regarding the inaccessible duffle bag. I can't find a definitive answer on how to deal with the [verification needed] tag, & my solution feels rather clunky. Could you have a look at it, & perhaps let me know which is the best way to manage that situation, for future reference? 08:07, October 7, 2016 (UTC)
What happened Edit
About the Talking Pip-Boy 2000. Edit
You're right, there isn't an OS-9 exlusive version of Fallout 1, but I do have the classic MacPlay version of Fallout 1 playing on my OS 9 mac. Also, it's not an extra voice actor, it's just PlainText reading out text I think, nonetheless I think it's an interesting thing of note and have added the note back, with some clearing up on what version it is and what causes the voiced pip-boy. If you'd like, I could upload and link you a video showing what happens precisely. (BillyH666 (talk) 23:14, October 7, 2016 (UTC))