| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8|
Thank you - I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong!
In two words... not good. This is the Destroy the source of the Mutants quest.
Chat on main pageEdit
Mm, not a bad idea. I've put it up there to see how it looks. We can give it a try I think. Jspoel 23:24, May 11, 2013 (UTC)
18 makes an adult by our terms, however the children of little lamplight who are kicking him out say people leave at the age of 16, not 18. Sticky claims otherwise (that it is in fact) but if anything this would just be because he wants two more years of living in Lamplight/wants to have the player on his side so he can bitch to him about them kicking him out. Seeing as no one ever (as I recall) says "Sticky is 16/18" we should use Little Lamplight's rule of eviction, which is 16.
"Sticky will say the age for children to leave is 18, though through dialogue with other characters, it is revealed to be 16." -Happy Birthday to You/Sticky Situation. Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 17:48, May 22, 2013 (UTC)
Hey thanks for helping me I new so I still need to get a feel for this wiki
"Hey, I need to inform you to stop inserting strategies into the articles. Energy X 16:13, June 1, 2013 (UTC)"
ok, I haven't been active in quite some time, and I don't do much editing. So I wasn't aware of the policy change. Thank you for clearing that up for me. --Pallor (talk) 18:00, June 1, 2013 (UTC)Pallor
Citadel Notable Loot Edit
Hey, I'm writing to let you know that I removed you and the anon's additions to the Citadel's notable loot section as, according to Notable loot policy, neither T-45d nor plasma rifles are notable. Richie9999 (talk) 20:23, June 1, 2013 (UTC)
Signature template Edit
- Success! Thank you. Talk 20:03, June 6, 2013 (UTC)
I'd suggest just leaving it alone for now. It's an experiment that I dropped due to my work on it being right when we entered our dead period, and it's something I will be reviving once Fallout 4 brings new life here. I suppose I'll even do some more work on it soon, since I was meaning to bring back my manual template for bans anyways. Some Assembly Required! 22:16, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
- Hmm. Yeah, I can go ahead and throw it in a sandbox. I'll get to that in a bit when I have more than a couple minutes to spare at a time. Good luck with that list. Some Assembly Required! 22:33, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
Unused category Edit
Hey Jakša. I have deleted the category you tagged for deletion, since it is an empty category, not to mention we are no longer the Vault and we have other categories that perform the same function as that one did in the category tree for news. --Skire (talk) 22:36, June 10, 2013 (UTC)
I undid some of your archive edits. Those talkpages aren't added to anymore, might as well keep content on them. Now they showed up empty and you would need to click on an archive page link to see some content. They also created a new red link on wanted pages. Jspoel 15:45, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Just leave it as it is, it's not that big a problem. We just have a few archivepages that show up on the wanted list. Jspoel 17:18, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
They are being generated by the weapon comparison table. I've looked ad nauseum for where they are coming from, and I can find no mistakes in the template I wrote. For some reason, the wikicode is mistaking something I wrote in the template as a template call. I will look again to see if I can find the error. Please do not create those links, or try to delete them. 23:45, June 11, 2013 (UTC)
- Actually, I think I found it. Edited the template. The log should not show those wanted templates after the run tonight. 00:17, June 12, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, Jakša. Thanks, I'm just watching out for them whilst planning some of the film pages, unless you mean the film pages of course?
- Sorry, I don't understand. Go ahead with what? I was asking which edits you meant XD -- G͕͇̰͓̱̭̑̒̿̈́ͮ͌̓ͅO̝̪̯̲͖̦͔ͦ̉́̾̽T͓͖ͤ͊W̛̝̓̽ Ù̻͉̽́s̛͒͌͒̄͐ͨě͍͉̦͙͇ͨ̈ͦ͢r̨̞͔̜̹̹̦̪ͨͤ͗̆͐͛ | T̯̙̀ͣͪ̀̔̚a̮̞͓͈͖̒l̿ͩk̢̲̬̱̬͉̲ 20:51, June 15, 2013 (UTC)
Thanks X; looking at ways to extend the relationship between the two wikis. I was thinking maybe a "Question of the week" in the news, and more admin promotion of Fallout Answers when a question leaves them stumped... Wonder if its also possible to screenscrape a little information from F;A to put onto our game portals (I can talk to Wikia about that)... What do you think? Agent c (talk) 12:00, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
- I'm very interested in extending our partnership with them, but haven't done anything concrete to date... Any suggestions? Agent c (talk) 12:37, June 16, 2013 (UTC)
Fair edit ~;) Edit
On the Abandoned apartments notes we might also have said types ..
Either way I like your minor edit better than mine & I just wanted to thank you for improving the note rather than deleting , reverting or rolling it back with out reguard for it's intent.
It is IMO the toughest battel of the Abandoned apartments, especially if your player character is relatively low level.
To sum up : Thank you for recognising intent and improving the edit respectfully.
- Your actions earn respect.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 10:36, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Well, seeing as we'll have all the audio uploaded at the end of this project, any new quotes added will lack it, which will be standardized and look sloppy (all pages in F4 will be without) so this fixes that issue, making the wiki more complete. It also applies to weapon noises, which if missing from a page also make it standardized. Yes, quotes are optional, but if a page has quotes it should also have the audio added to go with them.
Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 16:28, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
It's forced upon us by Wikia. A Wikia bot changes all youtube tags to file uploads and credits the original user who added the tag. Not much we can do. Check their 4 of June Wednesday update. Jspoel 16:43, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
Isabella/Jason Proud Audio Edit
Which audio holotape are you referring to? I thought the quotes came from the terminal. 220.127.116.11 21:42, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
What I'd like to do is look at this one at a time. Answers is a good one to start cos its always sort of relevant, and can help feel a mutual need - we drive traffic there to solve questions that aren't easily solved here.
Once we've gotten that right, we can look at how to rekindle the relationship with the other wikis, or look at rekindling the dead ones. Do you know anyone on Tranquility lane at all? Agent c (talk) 21:53, June 18, 2013 (UTC)
- The code for talk page archiving is in the MediaWiki:Common.js, in the section titled "ARCHIVE TOOL". 19:24, June 20, 2013 (UTC)
Re: Huzzah! Edit
Thank you X ~;)
- Here's to the next 365 days!
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here." 07:12, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
Jakov, if I wanted to find the stats for creatures from Fallout 1 and 2, where would I look? Would I have to go into the game, and if so, what do I do? Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- All right, thank you Jakov! Hugs "Say 'ello to my little friend!"
- I'll need to do it after CC then, remind me next week and I'll run it. Agent c (talk) 22:39, June 21, 2013 (UTC)
hola Energy X Edit
- Most of the articles are finished, there are several large buildings and caves that still need local map images. ---bleep196- (talk) 17:04, July 2, 2013 (UTC)
They were on the Fallout: New Vegas soundtrack page, but they caused duplicate files alerts. That's why I changed that page back to youtube links (yes, it is possible to trick the system). I missed deleting them at the time. Jspoel 22:43, July 3, 2013 (UTC)
I reopened the discussion on the reconfirmation process at Forum:Reconfirmation_Process and I'd like your input on the ideas that we were working on. 20:29, July 5, 2013 (UTC)
Chat emoticon policy Edit
Just letting an admin know Edit
Can you get in chat for a moment? Jspoel 14:17, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Seems you are away again. Reconsider this infinite ban. From what I see on Denis' talkpage refering to the chatlog, he was adding a few lines of what can be considered spam but I mean it seems more boredom to me (chilling with White Storm boy) and it was a dead chat, where he was trying to get some conversation going. No one was even there to be annoyed by it. He doesn't deserve a 1000 years of punishment. I would have let him off the hook this time. Jspoel 14:28, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
I heavily suggest letting him off on this one. In my experience we don't ban for spamming a dead chat and, as much trouble has he has caused in the past, he isn't in the wrong for this one. Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 16:57, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Inclined to agree with Jasper on this one, to an extent. Spamming a dead chat is still spamming, so he ought to still receive a ban for this, but a perma-ban seems excessive. One week or one month seems more adequate, but I hasten to add this should be the very last warning prior to a real perma-ban; any future offences, no matter how "minor" they seem, would just be insulting to our current leniency. Archmage NekoNeko's Haunt 17:01, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- I am aware Js has asked this matter be dropped and that the week be expected and I do apologise but this ban is ,for want of a better phrase, a load of hooey and unprecedented given the circumstances. As it stands 4 mods agree that the ban should not have been placed at the time and it's punishing something which was done innocently and I am afraid I cannot stand for that. The room was dead, and as many have done before, he was trying to attract people's attention and find out where people were. The fact that the person posting before him posted far more lines and has not been flagged but Wasson has really irks me and I would implore you to reconsider this ban fully, and remove it because I feel even shortening it to a week is still an unfair punishment for something that does not need to be punished. Apologies to anyone if they feel I am exasperating this issue but I really cannot sit by and watch this slide. --Talk 17:50, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
I never meant for the chat logs to be a tool to retroactively ban users for their behavior hours after the fact. The chat log is a tool to be used to provide evidence of bans as they happen. I do not like the precedent it sets to go into the log and ban a user based off of the logs. The bot is notoriously unstable and should NOT be used in this way. If this is how we're going to use it, I will stop logging. I have no intention of having the log provide a means to retroactively ban users. If we don't have mods on the spot to handle situations, that's our fault for not having enough mods. I highly suggest you unban him based on the lack of precedence we have here of banning people off the logs, and banning people hours after they commit a chat violation (something else we do not normally do). Please consider this. I am not wont to reverse your ban myself, I would prefer you make the correction. 20:04, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you. I think we need to be real careful about using the logs as a source to outright ban folks. In clear cases of severe trolling, etc, very malicious acts, I think it would be ok, but lesser violations we need to rely on mods in chat. If we don't have mod coverage, then we need more or different mods. I'm just very concerned about those two issues: Banning people for things that happened hours ago, and banning folks off of reading the log. Neither of these are things that we've normally done to date, and I'm not sure about the precedent that would be set by us starting now. Again, thanks for reconsidering. The user in question is still on a short lease anyways, with 3 bans under his belt. 01:20, July 16, 2013 (UTC)
You are joking right? I just said hello and nobody was responding. So I write two lines from a song lyrics. Nobody was around. Not trying to stir up trouble but someone wrote recently before me so I was hoping if they checked chat they would say hi. Don't be ridiculous mate. --Wasson...Kuasson! (talk) 17:05, July 15, 2013 (UTC)
On Littlehorn & AssociatesEdit
You're joking, right?Edit
I doubt a Mirelurk is supposed to teleport next to the player (I'm not talking about them originally spawning when entering a location, It's when you've alerted them to [Caution] or [Danger]).
It's also dependent on location, but can happen anywhere with a awkward position difference between the player. For example, the area that leads to the second cavern in Oasis has an upward cliff which you fall from after killing or saving Harold. Around 2-3 Mirelurks and Mirelurk Hunters spawn below the chasm. Gaining they're attention or even sometimes using V.A.T.S. can make them completely change position from an unreachable area as if they literally just spawned.
I recommend you try this for yourself before asking "How is that a bug?", Trust me, the Mirelurk A.I. isn't fully bug-free.
Nah, I think a normal walkthrough, like with the first few missions, is better. A lot of missions don't have a walkthrough yet; can you add those to the other mission pages? Jspoel 22:24, July 28, 2013 (UTC)
- You can just read the mission page (which is a detailed walkthrough) to have a reference for the quick walkthrough. Shouldn't be too hard. Jspoel 22:24, July 29, 2013 (UTC)
I can fix that quick Edit
I'll take another look and be right back.
SaintPain→ Just here to help." 14:48, July 31, 2013 (UTC)
Yes, I unpacked the master.dat files from FO1 and FO2. Then I downloaded a tool made by Cubik, a critter editor, on NMA which can read the prototype id files. It's possible there is such a character as Xander Holyland, because in the editor there are 4 more boxer ids without a name. One of them could be him. Jspoel 18:17, August 7, 2013 (UTC)
TalCharlesEditDo me a favour, if the user TalCharles does attempt to sock, could you inform RansomTime about it? Thanks. 16:36, August 10, 2013 (UTC)
Figured to ask why the section in the quest the job that I edited that I added under notes that there is a nuka cola quantum was removed
Flash bang Edit
Fallout 2 character imagesEdit
No way we're going back to models. The in-game images are much, much better. It shows the natural environment which they're in. And once a player gets in the location, he/she will know soon enough which character it is. I have 95% of the characters exactly centered in the image, so it's easy to see. Jspoel 20:17, August 19, 2013 (UTC)
- The page is about a super mutant. I would think you can recognize the hulk among a bunch of normal people. But I'll see if I can remove one or two. I have a program that can do that. Jspoel 14:31, August 20, 2013 (UTC)
"Appearances" format Edit
Greetings - Where does it say (in writing) in this Wiki's style guidelines that all the words you restored in "Appearances" on the Crashed vertibird are required? Other Wiki's we edit don't use that format, see The Elder Scrolls Wiki for example.
Blog on chat moderation conductEdit
Tanya's not a cannibal. It's her flesh dropped. Edit
You still left speculation. There is no evidence she is a cannibal or that her philosophy would explain the human flesh on her body. The most reasonable explanation is that the programmers had her drop flesh just like all the other ant faction. Alatari (talk) 10:05, September 3, 2013 (UTC)
Hi, was wondering if you could take a look at This forum I've posted to replace our current gameplay help forums with links to the Fallout Answers wiki. Thanks. Agent c (talk) 11:21, October 10, 2013 (UTC)
Gdje ste otišli?Edit
- Which wiki is this? And it's true that there hasn't been too much to do, but it was always good to see you on this wiki. You should really get yourself some of the newer games! --Skire (talk) 00:03, December 2, 2013 (UTC)
Alert - Dec 4Edit
Staff invitation to NotYEdit
Hi there. As you may or may not know, the 2013 Nukapedian of the Year contest is currently ongoing. A lack of integrity in the original polling format has spurred a change in the voting system used. Inevitably, this new system has seen significantly fewer voters participating. As such, we would like to extend an invitation for you to go participate in the voting. Directions and voting itself can be found here. Thanks! --Skire (talk) (via the courier) 02:45, December 4, 2013 (UTC)
- You should vote on this, X, you know pretty much everyone on the list! =D --Skire (talk) 23:34, December 6, 2013 (UTC)
The trial we're running for search suggest is limited right now. I believe it's only working on article pages. I think they are working to add other namespaces, but unless/until we end the test for Wikia, we'll have to live with what it is. I believe it was supposed to be a short test. 02:10, December 10, 2013 (UTC)
Season's greetings! Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Happy Holidays & Season's Greetings to you, from SaintPain & Major Tom
Dead mercenary imageEdit
Hey, I noticed you removed the image on the Dead mercenary (Fallout 3) page, I'm gonna assume it was perhaps because it has the HUD in the picture?
While it does have the HUD in it, for these circumstances, the image should be fine. It's a cut character that's seen only in one single pre-release video, which has the HUD. And that video is the only picture we'll ever get of the character. It'd be better having that picture than none at all. Blog 21:23, December 23, 2013 (UTC)
I suppose the image could be cut, the crosshair and some parts of the player's fists would still be there, though. I'll cut some of it out now. Blog 21:34, December 23, 2013 (UTC)
Hello bureaucrat, admin, moderator, chat mod, or patroller!
Can you please take a look at this forum and voice any opinion you may have.
Ah. I see my mistake. Well, I left two more edits regarding skill magazines instead of books, so I do apologize for that. Thanks for the clarification.
Thanks for the clarification. Edit
I'm new, so I'm still trying to figure out messaging and the like, but thanks for the clarification. Are most pages that have the "Notable Loot" option nearly perfect? What I mean is: do any of those pages really need edits regarding Notable Loot or no? If not, what are some things new users can easily contribute to? Thanks.
A (late) Holiday GiftEdit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Hi. I've opened up a forum to discuss a proposal to deal with our first-person-in-articles issue. Can you please give it a glance and share any feedback. Thanks 69.l25 (talk) 04:40, February 12, 2014 (UTC)
Hi Energy X. I don't know if you've considered this, so I'll bring it to attention here: have you considered being listed as an "inactive administrator"? You've been editing more sparingly for the past few months, and you don't use your special-rights often. Would you be okay with being moved to the inactive list? We've gotten new, more active admins, and moving yourself would allow for you to retain your rights without having pressure to contribute as much as the most of other admins are now. Thanks 69.l25 (talk) 03:57, February 23, 2014 (UTC)