| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13, #14, #15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32, #33, #34|
Hi J. It's been a really long time since we've chatted. Since you won Nukapedian of the Year last year, I've reserved a seat for you on the board this year. This board will determine an additional two users to join the top five, as well as decide the final winner and runner-up. As such, you can expect the board to meet twice (times TBD), whenever it's convenient for everyone. Can I confirm that you'll be willing to join the board? --Skire (talk) 23:12, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
- Sounds good then! And we'll try to make a time that fits everyone (so far we've been able to do so fairly well). Back when we had Neko and Limmie (Europeans) on the board, it still worked. We'll meet at the Chinese FO Wiki chat and you'll all have temporary mod rights to kick out intruders. --Skire (talk) 23:38, December 3, 2014 (UTC)
My name is Hunter and I am a user that likes to chat on this wiki. I do not go on here that often but I so happen to notice that my account it blocked. I am not sure why and if you think I am another user who got blocked here I am not I am fairly new to wiki. I would great appreciate if you can unblock me or leave me a message on how I can get unblocked.
Old chat logsEdit
Can you guys think of any reasonable reason why we should keep the old chat logs around? I don't see any, since they are so dated. I reckon we should just delete the whole mess of them. 03:28, December 7, 2014 (UTC)
Fallout 3 referenceEdit
I was looking for a reference for a "Behind the Scenes" quote on the Fallout 3 page, stating that the DC ruins were supposed to be twice as big but it got changed. I was able to find a Gamespot interview with Emil Pagliarulo from 2009. Would that be an acceptable reference to put on that page? The interview: gamespot.com/articles/gdc-2009-fallout-3-lead-opens-game-design-vault/1100-6206965 DRAEVAN13 18:22, December 11, 2014 (UTC)
RE: VATS on reaver and overlordsEdit
I guess it's a display bug on the 360 then, every other enemy I get 95% chance headshot at even long range, except for Reavers and Overlords. Even right up in their face, it stays at 74%, though I still seem to hit them every time. DRAEVAN13 17:02, December 13, 2014 (UTC)
Weapon mod imagesEdit
- Oh ja, die 2 enters waren vergissingen, ik dacht dat ik overal 1 voorzien had, dus vandaar was ik nu begonnen met niets meer te plaatsen. Ik ga zien waar ik het moet rechtzetten. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 02:32, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
I was referring to the top four contestants. Usually, we have a top five (out of which one becomes the winner). But since there are only eight contestants this year, I have decided to only have a top four: two from the poll and two chosen by the board. As for board members, we will indeed need five more (it's a seven-person board). I have a few names in mind, but please email me with suggestions if you have some users that are good choices (you've been a lot more active than I have recently). --Skire (talk) 01:43, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
- You know, I was actually thinking the same thing. Although seven has worked for last year and the year before that, wiki activity was a lot higher back then as well. Also, having to wait for all seven to join the meeting may prove to be difficult. I think five is best. So if you have other suggestions, please email me. --Skire (talk) 01:50, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes, it can be anyone who hasn't been nominated (so anyone but those eight users). Preferably, it should be someone who hasn't been on the board before (names are here and here for reference). --Skire (talk) 02:04, December 15, 2014 (UTC)
Lying, Congressional StyleEdit
Hey, ik heb gemerkt dat je de afbeeldingen van de Lying, Congressional Style hun vindplaatsen verwijderd hebt. Er zijn echter nu enkele broken links op de pagina's van de vindplaatsen van deze exemplaren. Moeten deze verwijderd worden of ga je vervanging uploaden of nog iets anders? - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:06, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
- Ik ben al een paar maand van plan om eens alle skillbook locaties (en alle wapenlocaties die nog geen afbeelding hebben) van een afbeelding te voorzien "als ik eens tijd heb", maar het is er tot nog toe niet echt van gekomen. Komende maand heb ik weer examens, dus het zal ook niet voor meteen zijn. Ik kan natuurlijk ook het werk wat meer spreiden en gewoon om de zoveel dagen eens een afbeelding uploaden, zo kom ik er ook wel vroeg of laat. Ik had voordien altijd het plan om alles in 1 keer te doen, en dan schuif ik het telkens maar voor me uit. Anyway, ik zou zeggen om voor nu nog even de oude afbeeldingen te bewaren, iets is beter dan niets. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:18, December 16, 2014 (UTC)
Could you give me a hand?Edit
I'm Lincoln from Fallout PT Wiki (Apocalipse Escarlate) and I was wondering about some badges. We have few there and I would like to improve the wiki on this topic. I want to know if you can help me there by any way (giving me admin rights here to make me able to give a look, editing there or even just send somebody improve it). Can you help me?
I look forward to hearing from you.
- Alright, Did I mentioned that we are trying to do the PT wiki look as much as possible to the Nukapedia? I was wondering if I could get permission to see all the badges but for that would be necessary somebody to do it for me or I get promoted to something like an ADMIN (like a gift to be the most active guy in the PT wiki and ADMIN also there).
- Yeah I see (here looks harder than figure out how to play Fallout 1 for the first time). At least I can work in the badges and achivements. Thanks for the help and have a good night sir...
Resource Wars Edit
I was reading about the resource wars and i noticed it says that the U.N still existed in 2074 because information on the Holodisk was supposedly edited by soliders and considered non cannon. However the title cards and the news article on fallout 3 state that the U.N was disbanded, i believe a discussion should occur to see if we should edit the page.
-Thanks -- "Editing With Triple S Technology" 04:41, December 17, 2014 (UTC)
You asked me why I edited the map for fallout 3. I edited those according to DC Interiors mod that adds a lot of new places inside the DC city. I edited to keep track of those that I looted clean (thought they were saved for me only :-) Is there a way to make the edits personal?
Aside from the Create article templates and FO4 templates, what should be done with the rest?17:38, December 22, 2014 (UTC)
Charisma dialogue optionsEdit
Hey Jspoelstra! I wish to go on a mission to find out what dialogue options become open with higher charisma levels (not dialogue "checks" where it shows the check in brackets in dialogue). Unfortunately, being a console player, it will take forever to test out in-game. Please could you (and for the benefit of every curious gamer) find out what dialogue options higher charisma opens? I also think that this may affect Terrifying Presence as well, but I could be wrong. Thanks in advance! :) SniperKing1 (talk) 10:18, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
- Yes. It should be 1 AM Amsterdam time (the night between the 26th and 27th). The meeting will be held at the Chinese FO wiki chat. --Skire (talk) 22:25, December 24, 2014 (UTC)
Never forgotten Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
I might not be here so much but I do still care & look forward to the next Fallout. SaintPain→ Here to help." 13:21, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and a happy new yearEdit
I would like to use the Christmas-wishes-tradition to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have all of you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you, with perseverance in tough times, but most of all, with wonderful moments among enjoyable friends and family. Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 17:50, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Important news about board meetingEdit
Hi J. I can't be there for the meeting. I want to leave you in charge. Basically, we need to pick two other users (besides T234 and JASPER) to join them in the top four. They must be picked from the approved nominee list (the list of people in the poll). Generally, board members discuss potential candidates, then vote on them. You can still use the Chinese FO Wiki chat (I'll give out chat mod rights beforehand). Also, we need substitutes for me as well as Leea (and maybe even Tocino). Try to find neutral users in good standing who are on the wiki at that time. Let me know of any questions, as well as the final results. --Skire (talk) 16:45, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
- I can stand in for one. Let me know if the time or place changes. 20:42, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
- Negative, skire's already hit me up, and I've been trying to recruit folks on his behalf. I hve work in a little over 9 hours I'm afraid. Agent c (talk) 23:15, December 26, 2014 (UTC)
Thanks, I was also thinking of adding to the the "did you know"s "did you know you can find a t-rex underwater in Point Lookout?" or something like that. It's something most people probably don't know, while most people will have FO3PL.- Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 12:39, December 28, 2014 (UTC)
- Ik wist niet dat ik ze zelf kon toevoegen. Ik had eerder al eens geprobeerd een foutje in een "Featured article" te verbeteren, maar ik had daarvoor admin rechten nodig, dus ik dacht dat dat hetzelfde ging zijn voor de "did you know"s. Ik ga er denk ik niet genoeg bedenken voor in de digest te zetten, ik zou dit waarschijnlijk wel kunnen, maar ik weet dat als ik er begin over te denken, dat ik er dan ook nog zal aan denken wanneer ik probeer te studeren, dus zal ik het maar niet proberen :) Ik zal dan wel in het vervolg mocht ik juist op 1 opkomen, die zelf in de lijst plaatsen op de hoofdpagina. Bedankt alvast voor de raad :). Voor de 10000e edit, ik ben zelf verschoten dat ik al zo dicht zat. Ik heb al een ideetje welke edit ik zal doen, al zal het niet meer op de mooiste manier kunnen aangezien ik al wat te dicht bij de 10K zit. Zal waarschijnlijk voor 1 van de komnde pauzes zijn :) - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 13:22, December 28, 2014 (UTC)
Temp Statues Edit
Bot Test Edit
Alright - going to be testing out that script on Lonesome Road dialogue files, within the next couple of minutes or so. It's only 8 pages, so if it blows up, at least reverting them won't be a major headache. :p Digital Utopia (talk) 14:58, December 28, 2014 (UTC)
There has been a link on the bottom of blog posts lately, [Configure Popup Settings] or something. I didn't click on it, but what is it? It isn't just me, is it? Or is it a result of a patch from Wikia? Leea (talk) 16:32, December 28, 2014 (UTC)
- I wanted to make sure you could attend first. And yes, it will be for discussing the final winners. --Skire (talk) 00:43, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
Military command postsEdit
- By the way, is there a CC that makes every location on the map an available fast travel location with correct symbol, even when you didn't discover it yet? - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:00, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I started on it, but encountered a problem concerning the infoboxes, as seen here. You can only have 1 infobox per article? - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:43, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Dat was mijn oorspronkelijk plan, maar ik dacht dat het overzichtelijker zou zijn als ik alles een apart kopje ging geven met een aparte infobox. Het is dan wellicht ook voor jou gemakkelijker om naar elke ammobox te linken (ik heb denk ik elke ammobox al in de screenshots opgenomen). Voor anderen is het denk ik ook overzichtelijker om te weten wat bij wat hoort, ondanks dat er veel herhaling in de tekst zal zijn, aangezien ze inderdaad erg veel op elkaar gelijken. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 18:00, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- Ik heb de pagina nu gemaakt zoals ik hem dacht te maken, mocht je alsnog liever overschakelen op 1 infobox, laat het dan maar gerust weten :) (of mocht je andere opmerkingen hebben) - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 18:54, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
- I started on it, but encountered a problem concerning the infoboxes, as seen here. You can only have 1 infobox per article? - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 16:43, December 29, 2014 (UTC)
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
- For most of the year, I should be more free (currently in the busiest phase of my life so far). So let's hope for it. --Skire (talk) 01:58, December 31, 2014 (UTC)
Secondary account Edit
I have lost my password to my BrandonFox account. The added problem is though, is that the email I used to sign up with my BrandonFox account is old that I don't use anymore and I don't have the password for that either. I have contacted Wikia with this problem but have not had a response back yet.
A Wikia wizard did it for me.
Terwijl ik screenshots aan het maken was van afbeeldingen van allerlei dingen (zoals bijvoorbeeld de skillbooks), vond ik jouw kaartjes zoals hier in thumbnail echt super. Ik vroeg me af of het niet ook een goed idee zou zijn om deze toe te voegen aan de pagina's van de notable loot zelf (bijvoorbeeld in gallery op de unieke wapenpagina's, een tweede "minimap location" gallery onder de skillbooks etc.)? Aangezien ik denk dat die kaartjes nog meer zeggen dan de woorden qua plaatsomschrijving die er boven staan. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 22:50, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
- I already tried it, but they never get close to your quality, and with that comes that my game crashes everytime I'm trying to make local maps complete. (I think it has something to do with tcl increasing chances of crashing on my pc). I also noticed in the file details you make these images using photoshop. Closest I have to photoshop is MS Paint. For the map images on unmarked location pages, I think I could help if you would be able to tell me a way to get rid of the quest-arrows (and their line) and a way to get all the locations marked with their actual in-game symbol (so not just adding the explorer perk with console commands). - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:19, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
- For the 5 images on 1 line, I think that it all just depends on what browser you use and on what zoom. I made these screenshots on my computer before and after your edit from 220 to 210. Screen: 1920x1080, Google Chrome, 100% zoom. If i'd change the size of the images to 200, then they'd fit with 5 on a line, but then they get so small, I think it would be better to have a line of 4 and the second line with 3 while having bigger images, instead of 5-2 with 200px. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:35, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Just checked the page while not on the edit history, and then suddenly they do fit with 5 on 1 line on 210 as well. It's weird, but I'll keep it in mind to set them on 210 as they'll show up good on the page in normal view. Sorry for the possible confusion caused. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 23:41, January 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for the great advice, I knew there had to be some cc to get all the locations. But you said "when I start a game". Do you mean by that you coc to your destination as baby? Because i just tried to coc away during a save I had where Amata just wakes you up, and when i left then, "following in his footsteps" automatically started. - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:08, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
That's great to hear! I want to watch the Sarah Connor Chronicles soon. And yeah, Arnie might be pretty damn old but this seems to play into the film since he plays an aging Terminator. I'm curious as to how this film will pan out. I might just be naming random Science Fiction series, but I'm also a big fan of the Matrix Trilogy. Yes, I really like the sequels.
- Using the verify template there reinforces the idea that BtS content needs to be verified. And just because you haven't seen it before doesn't mean we shouldn't do it now. The fact of the matter is the content DOESN'T need verification, so adding the verification needed template would be incorrect. What it does need is expansion, which is a very different thing. Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 19:59, January 2, 2015 (UTC)
Jspoelstra, What do you see that you don't like in my version of that Fallout 4 Logo?
--VaultGunslinger 16:37, January 3, 2015 (UTC)Bluerx833
Talk Pages Edit
I know this doesn't involve me J, but I read what you wrote and I think it makes great sense. Here's a user making his/her first edit in almost four years. To me, that's a remarkable thing, especially in this down-time of ours. His first interaction with other users is an impersonal, mass-produced warning template. Now that can indeed be discouraging. I am well aware of the policy, but I think admins should use more case-by-case judgement instead of blanket enforcement... --Skire (talk) 17:23, January 3, 2015 (UTC)
Nif Model Viewer Edit
Just wanted to drop off an update on that nif model viewer project I'm working on over on my test wiki. The basics (model, textures) are finished. Like before, clicking on the main infobox image, will display the 3D window instead of the larger picture, for browsers that support WebGL. This time however, you'll also see the actual model and textures, instead of the plain black screen.
A couple of changes of plan were necessary to get it working. First- I ran into a page size limit, when attempting to post the model data in a text format. So, to get around that, I encoded the nif format itself into base64 text, and saved that instead. On the plus side, this would make it easier for people to actually add models, on the downside - it adds a couple of seconds to the load time, as it has to parse it first. Second issue I ran into was with the images. Since wikia stores the images from all their wikis on a different domain, I ran into security issues that prevented me from using textures that were uploaded to the wiki itself. So the way I got around that, was to again, store the images themselves in base64 text, and use that for the source instead of the actual image.
- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tufted_titmouse - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 01:30, January 13, 2015 (UTC)
Just a heads up, users such as this and others who currently hold rights but are inactive should probably have their rights removed as per the policy here. :)
I deleted the redirects as two of them were completely unused and the third was so vague that to have it link to one specific shotgun was absurd and comes across as absurdly arbitrary. Why should Shotgun (Fallout 3) link to any shotgun page over another one? The lever action rifles aren't called repeating rifles anywhere that I know of, and is also an incredibly generic term that could mean anything from a lever action rifle to an assault rifle. As for "Leaver action" it is both unused and misspelled. If there is a redirect for that, why not have one for Fallout 3 armour? Richie9999 (talk) 23:59, January 17, 2015 (UTC)
- The problem with shotgun is that it assumes people are looking for the Double barrel shotgun. They could just as easily mean the sawn-off or the combat shotgun. As for repeater rifle, while a generic term, it is by no means more common than assault rifle or lever action, and having it link to lever-action rifle is rather arbitrary as someone could mean the hunting rifle, the sniper rifle, the chinese assault rifle, the assault rifle, Lincolns repeater, the lever-action rifle, etc. by the term as all of those qualify as repeater rifles. Richie9999 (talk) 00:22, January 18, 2015 (UTC)
Hey, have you seen the new user rights made by Wikia? Practically, it moderates the new forum feature and Message Wall. While we don't have any of these, it may be slightly confusing for some users to see a moderator here and such features don't exist... 18:56, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Can you come to the chat for a few moments?21:33, January 20, 2015 (UTC)
Vandalism/removing content from pages Edit
Weapon overview articles Edit
The point I was trying to make is not that the Machine Gun Page is wrong. Quite the contrary. I'm saying that's what we should be looking for and striving towards. An FN FAL Page is unnecessary and I would delete it, however first the three pages that transclude from that page must be fixed, making it a redirect to the battle rifle page makes no real sense, at most it should be a disambig page if not deleted entirely. As for the 10mm, my whole point is that a page called 10mm should be restricted to guns that are called 10mm or renamed, not left as is. If I'm a casual user looking for details on the N99 10mm pistol I just found in FO3 I would search 10mm pistol a page that includes such things as a pipe gun and the chinese pistol would only serve to confuse things, which is one of the things I liked about Gunny's idea.
Additionally the idea of putting this up to a vote is absurd. Why does someone's idea to improve the wiki require a vote? Since when does any large scale editing that doesn't change policy require a vote? The first guideline for better user conduct states: "Be bold: If you find something that can be improved, improve it and encourage others to do the same." Gunny just found something in great need of improvement and was working on improving it. I have yet to really see any opposition to his idea beyond yours, which I still don't quite understand. The lack of standardization and conformity to policy here is ridiculous, just because it has been the status quo doesn't mean it should stay that way. We should all strive to improve the wiki and when one of the users here has found a way to do that, instead of encouraging him you're stifling him. That runs completely contrary to the guidelines here. Embrace the improvement. His suggestions don't interfere with page navigation, or make it more difficult and will improve the wiki as a whole. This should be encouraged. We would be lucky if half our editors had ideas for improvements such as this. Richie9999 (talk) 23:10, January 23, 2015 (UTC)
Editing my user space Edit
While I understand, to a degree, why you restored the pages in my userspace, I was working in one of my sandboxes and got an edit conflict when I tried to publish because you had edited it in the meantime. I would really appreciate it if you asked me before you edit my userspace unless it's for legitimate maintenance, e.g. fixing links. We have a longstanding policy that userspaces are hands-off. I don't want to sound like a dick, but if I wanted those pages restored to their previous state, I would have asked someone to do it or restored what I could myself. I have no intention of using the pages you restored and am doing something else in my main sandbox. The restored userspace sub-pages can be re-deleted. I'll take care of my sandbox. Thank you, 18:05, January 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Lets try and chat tomorrow about what we can do to encourage people to edit, maybe chat will behave. Agent c (talk) 00:01, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
- Roger. Jspoel 00:03, January 27, 2015 (UTC)
Bot flag and white list Edit
Signature writing style aside, standard procedure when it comes to anons editing a user's page or sandbox(es) has always been to revert. As far as the anon goes, while the style might have been similar, I could not, with the tools at my disposal verify that said anon was Saint Pain, and as such the reversion was in order. While your checkuser verified the identity of said Anon, I feel that the action taken based on the evidence available to me at the time was correct. I also feel that writing style, no matter how distinctive it may be, is not sufficient evidence upon which to base a decision regarding whether or not to revert an anon editing a user's space. Richie9999 (talk) 03:00, January 30, 2015 (UTC)
Cats and botsEdit
I agree. I'll probably only do the main four game cats. I'll cross back and make sure anything that got the FNV forum links that shouldn't gets them changed to forum index instead. If for some reason I miss some, let me know in 2 days. I'm in the middle of a move to a new house and I'm only running the bot in spurts. 00:11, February 3, 2015 (UTC)
Sierra Depot medical log Edit
Looks like it was a silent vandalism act 6 years ago done unnotified. The text was significantly changed and does not correspond to russian localization. As I know there was no Fallout 2 patches since 2008. --Korney San (talk) 11:06, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
ImagesEditHey Jsp. As you recall ages ago I said something about image names and such. I wanted to just a pre-emptive water test done. If I put an idea forward, would you grant me custodian rights in order to do image renames and such? I can put forward a forum at some point to get a greater consensus (or blog, since I've been away a while so I don't know what the general thing is at the moment), so you needn't worry about any form of right distribution right now. I'd also want to know if it would be ok for my bot to run here, since I assume some images must be in place on multiple pages. 16:19, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- Not admin rights. I'm not sure what you call them here. But the rights needed to rename images and such. Also, I use AWB, so I can do a find and replace function so it can replace all the files on every page by itself, all I have to do is enter what the old file name was and what to replace it with, then it goes off to work.
16:58, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
- No idea. They were in place when I first started editing there. Callofduty4 may know since he's the most active user there that's still active. 17:26, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
Hey Jspoel! We got those rights by holding a discussion for them on a forum and then asking Wikia (just via Special:Contact) to set up the rights for us. Wikia will need to see and review the discussion and consensus in favour of setting them up in order to make the changes.
Note that deleterevision rights are under similar if not the same scrutiny as checkuser rights. If an appropriate reason, such as frequent spam/personal info being added to articles, can be shown as evidence for need of them in the discussion, I am sure Wikia will work with that. --Callofduty4 (talk) 19:06, February 5, 2015 (UTC)
Thing have been a little hectic for me the last week, just moved to a new house, got more stuff to do this weekend, and then I take my annual trip up north at the end of next week. I'm gonna be in and out quite a bit until the end of February. What I was thinking was I'd leave the blog open, at the very least for this weekend, but go ahead and make up a couple of example pages while I have the time probably Friday. I got a couple more things I need some feedback on, but I need those example pages done to show folks first. I'll probably to another blog to get the rest of the feedback I need next week and let it run 'til I get back home the end of Feb. If everything's ironed out by then, we can start actually working on the changes in March. 01:14, February 6, 2015 (UTC)
Vandalism and Spam Edit
220.127.116.11 - Spamming links to external sites
18.104.22.168 - Vandalism unto someones' userpage
Re: Your Request Edit
A while ago, it was decided that SNM content would no longer be sanctioned here. I got around to having my blogs deleted, and now I want to make sure if it is alright to remove my SNM content from talk-pages.
I actually have a very good reason as to why I want the content gone from talk-pages, regardless. If you have issues with this next step I am wanting to take, please let me know so we can meet in a chat-room somewhere, so that we may talk about this further. Would speak my piece here in public, but I have absolutely no patience anymore for people around here sticking their noses into my business. Some Assembly Required! 18:44, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Try and let me know by tonight, since work starts up again for me tomorrow. If you cannot get back with me today, and if you end up having concerns with the removals, then I will still have a little bit of time throughout the week to jump into a chat-room with you. After I am done with the talk-pages, I will no longer have a reason to hang around here for now, so you will likely need to shoot me an E-Mail. Thanks in advance. Some Assembly Required! 22:45, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Sure thing. Will shoot an e-mail out later. Some Assembly Required! 23:24, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- Went ahead and sent it to you. Try and give it a read soon - I would really appreciate just getting this chapter closed. Some Assembly Required! 23:33, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
- My business here is concluded, and I am taking my leave. I figured I would go ahead and take this chance to remind you that I am still awaiting a response. I have a lot of work waiting on your answer. Do not want to overly pressure you, but a lot of time and effort is being wasted on my end as I look towards wrapping up these affairs. 22.214.171.124 08:22, February 16, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, got called away. No, I'm not aware of anything similar at any other wiki than the civ wiki. Agent c (talk) 19:10, February 8, 2015 (UTC)
You must have been reading my mind: I was going to ask you where you were getting your ID's from (I was simply opening the console (with the ~ key) and clicking on the item - thank you for the information, and thank you for your help with my recent posts.
I will have to learn the GECK.
Should we then create similar notes on Vault 101 for being the only Vault with multiple cells, Autumn for being the only Enclave character to appear in multiple cells, Megaton for having different versions, etc... Paladin117>>iff bored; 17:23, February 12, 2015 (UTC)
Because it takes more effort to work though the files and find audio. I'd rather get these edits while I'm in an editing mood and do a batch upload of audio when I'm in an uploading mood. Adding the template not only reminds me to do them later, but also gives someone else the chance to do what I can't be bothered to do right now.Jasper: The Wonder that is Shroomman! 20:09, February 19, 2015 (UTC)
Adamwalkner - Creating a spam blog, which got deleted and blocked by X.
Adamwalkner7 - Another user with similar username, similar pattern and similar blog.
Presentation, if it was not clear enough... Edit
I just "fixed" something, as i always do. (The link was missing, and only present in the image box.)
I have been around the wikias, like ElderScrolls and Fallout wikia since Skyrim came out, but i only started editing January 27 on the DarkSouls wikia, and i have been doing a "Janitor" job ever since. I mostly check recent edits and all pages i visit for mistakes of any kind, and als do an "Observe and Report" moderator job, if someone leaves a trail of bad edits.
I came across and fixed the Intel suitcase page only because i recently started playing Fallout 3 again. You won't see me around a lot. ( though you would have if i started editing back when Skyrim launched...)
My edits are *always* proper, because i ask/compare if i have a doubt. You will not have many problems with me.
- This is me going trough bad edits- That is all.
- If you don't want to see a car plowing through a street of cyclists, it's best to not open the above link. --Kastera (talk) 20:30, February 22, 2015 (UTC)
RE: Russian dialogue files Edit
- Virtually, it can be used for any language, but it requires Russian localization files to work. So, no, you can't have it. On the other side, I can use it to re-make English dialogues. Interested? --Теодорико (talk) 22:54, February 22, 2015 (UTC)
- Sorry, not right now — I'm quite busy at Ru Wiki, but I'll keep that in mind. By the way, by «re-making» I mean: erase everything, then rebuild from the scratch — because FNV dialogues are missing approx. 10% of infos, due to a bug in GECK. Are you guys OK with this? --Теодорико (talk) 01:03, February 23, 2015 (UTC)
The reason why I went to all the trouble to explain myself in multiple blogs and show options and get all that feedback was to make sure that's what the wiki wanted. I have explained myself ad nauseam. Everyone else here seems to understand and agree with what I've proposed to do. I'm sorry that you don't. At this point I feel I have the wiki's consensus to continue to do the work I've proposed. As for the consistency with existing overview and disambiguation pages, the policy is crystal clear on that. Disambigs are singular and disambiguate like-named articles only, overviews are plural and are not to be used as poor excuses for disambig pages. I've seen that other pages are named inconsistent with the policies. The simple solution, and the only appropriate one, is to name them in accordance with policy. That can easily be done after we get the weapons done.
You ask for a more careful approach? I can be no more careful than fully explaining what I propose, getting the entire wiki to give feedback on those proposals, over the course of 1 forum and 2 blogs, and gaining a complete consensus from the entire wiki, save you, on all of that which I propose. Frankly, I feel what you mean to say is "I don't like these changes because I like the way it was". The problem with that is the way it was, with the page naming, was contrary to policy. When this project is done, there will be more links to each of these pages, a ton more content on the wiki, all of it structured consistently and conforming to policy. If your objections to these changes was more than "I don't like them", I'd have more consideration for them. You yourself have stated that I have the knowledge to make these changes in an informed, intelligent, proficient and compliant way. You either trust me or not. The rest of the wiki clearly does.
If you feel the policies themselves are incorrect, then you know the course to change that. I'm going to be brutally honest: I never for a second thought that attempting to improve the wiki by adding content and conforming existing content to policies would have ever been met with such resistance by anyone, less as knowledgeable and proficient editor as you. I almost gave up on this, but others have supported what I proposed as the right thing to do. As plainly as I can put: no single editor has the authority or power to stop contributions that are made in good faith, in accordance with policy and better the content of the wiki. This place simply can't run like that. I've had plenty of ideas that I wanted to do that I let die on the vine because I didn't have the community behind them. This time the community wholly supports what I propose. I see no reason at all to not continue. 00:44, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
Check User request Edit
Howdy, Jspoel, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to run a check user on this IP http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Special:Contributions/126.96.36.199 . Some concern was expressed due to the nature of the insults spewed and the lack of prior edits for that IP address, if perhaps there was some account using that IP. Thanks. Richie9999 (talk) 07:09, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Thanks for running the Checkuser. I'm going to stick a ban notice on Strelok's TP so that other admins are aware of it and so that Stelok is provided with links to the relevant guidelines. Richie9999 (talk) 15:48, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Fine by me. Jspoel 15:50, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
Re:Groetnis út Fryslân!Edit
Tige tank foar it wolkom! Ik had jou ook al een aantal bewerkingen zien maken (200K+ lijkt me überhaupt lastig over het hoofd te zien) en met een naam die eindigt op -stra moest jij bijna ook wel een Friese achtergrond hebben. ;) Aannemende dat jij Spoelstra heet, ben ik Walstra. Zag dat jij uit ‘t Bildt komt, zelf woon ik sinds 2010 in Heerenveen (daarvoor ook hoofdzakelijk zuidoost-Friesland, met periodes in Leeuwarden en Groningen). Hoe dan ook, ik had de eerste twee Fallout's onlangs weer uit het stof getrokken en was even aan het bijlezen op de wiki—dacht meteen maar even, waar nodig, een paar correcties te maken. Yn elk gefal, oant sjen! --NFSreloaded (talk) 13:55, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
I noticed that you removed the overlinks from the Audaz, Basura, and Colmillo pages. What is the logic behind that? Shouldn't all references be linked to their appropriate pages?
If that isn't a familiar face (name)Edit
It certainly has been a long time, hasn't it friend :) I still remember all of the work we were sharing to drag the Fallout 1/2 character overhaul projects alongback in the day! And I'd wager that if you have any question about Fallout 1/2, I'll have an answer for you pronto. So, shoot. -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 18:15, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Well, as it turns out I've never once used Dim's mapper before lol. I downloaded his latest version posted to NMA (v0.99) and have been sniffing around with it for about 10 minutes. I'm getting error dialogs for fatal memory references all over the place, and the damned thing won't even initialize in the first place. Sorry to say, but you may very well have found a question I don't have a solution for. All my expertise is with the Fallout 2 BIS mapper, and honestly I'd recommend using that for the simple fact alone that a few of the engineers behind sfall made a high-res mapper patch, and it seems to be a much more stable piece of software overall. -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 19:10, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Okay, so it took a little troubleshooting, but I correctly configured the mapper and learned how to use it properly. Patience sure is a virtue :) Basically, all I did was point the mapper to my install directory for Fallout 1.3.4 (where the packed master.dat and critter.dat are), and then I pointed it to another directory on my computer where I already unpacked all the contents of said master.dat file. If you didn't already, you'll also have to unpack critter.dat into the same directory where the unpacked master.dat files are, in ART/CRITTERS. I suppose all you have to do to ensure that you don't have proto issues is to make sure they were all properly unpacked. Hope this helps you! -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 19:35, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
- Thats the one, a lot of the regulars are too busy these days, I'll leave you to say hi. Agent c (talk) 21:14, February 25, 2015 (UTC)
BIS Mapper ConfigEdit
Ah, so now I understand where you're coming from. Anywho, setting up the BIS official mapper is a breeze. All you have to do is change the values for the following lines in mapper.cfg to reflect where Fallout 2 is installed on your computer.
music_path1= music_path2= critter_dat= critter_patches= master_dat= master_patches=
Your question to GhoulyEdit
Are you sure that's Fallout 2, not Fallout 1? Lost Hills isn't in F2, there is a facility in San Fran, but the only place I'd expect you to be able to download that is from the Computer inside, and I can't spot anything in the dialogue file for that computer that suggests a download.
The Brotherhood history tape in F1 can be three possible things in F1 that I'm aware of:
- The Narrative version given by Sophia
- Maxson's Diary, which is downloaded from Mariposa
- A cut holotape, with an alternative origin, first revealed in the Bibles.
- You know, I'm fairly confident that this holodisk was cut early on from F2 but the devs forgot to remove the description from the MSG file. -- Ghouly89 (Talk) 17:57, February 26, 2015 (UTC)
Angry Rick, Casey Barret, Anna-mayoral assistant relations Edit
Few days ago I was correcting page about Warrior and mention about his scars in face, but you reverted it back. I am 100% convinced, that there is no clue leading to fact of scars of Warrior and that quote from Philip is more revealing about Philip and his social status of nerdy loner with lack of social relations which leads to making stupid jokes, rather than appearance of Warrior. Nonetheless, you seems to be convinced about something else, but this is not what I want to talk about right now.
I discovered another inconsistence in wikia about Fallout Tactics, but as you have reverted my previous correction back, I do not bother to correct it myself and instead I am telling you. In page about Angry Rick (http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Angry_Rick) is written, that he is boyfriend of Casey Barret, which is again wild guess just like in case with Warrior and his scars. As I see it, Rick had relationship with Anna, Mayoral assistant (not with Casey) in Junction City, but he had also affair (just affair, not being boyfriend) with Casey Barret and Anna "caught them in action" and this is also why is Anna is calling Casey "whore" and why Casey is worrying if Anna is still mad at her. It is up to you if you are going to fix related pages or not, but it is already 2nd obvious inconsistence, which I discovered here.
Best regards Fallout Tactics fan