| ||Archives: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5|
Surprised this needs to be said, but new messages got at the bottom of the page.
Bugs edit Edit
Why did you revert my edits on the Sniper Rifle page?Edit
I thought my edits about how you could pick up a sniper rifle for free at Camp McCarran and at a very early level and with no negative reputation impact were useful were useful , so why did you change it back? Unless you can give me a credible reason for your actions, I will change it back to my version.--Jojobobo (talk) 19:25, August 18, 2014 (UTC)
Well would it be okay to include it in a Notes section? Even if it amounts to "strategy" I think it's incredibly useful for new players. At the very least, people should definitely be a mention that the sniper rifle is not owned. Let me know if you think a Notes section or a much shorter addendum to locations. I have this drafted for notes: "Unlike many items at Camp McCarran the sniper rifle in the First Recon tent does not count as owned, meaning it can be taken in plain sight without any loss of NCR reputation. By using Stealth Boys obtained in Goodsprings to access New Vegas early, this sniper rifle can easily be obtained before level 5." Obviously I would use the appropriate Notes heading using two equals signs either side and slot it in between Bugs and Locations. --Jojobobo (talk) 17:17, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
So as you recommended I had a quick look at guidance pages and found this under the common mistakes of the community guidelines:
"Deleting without announcing that you're doing it. Remark on it in the edit summary box. Otherwise, other users who care about the page's development will be caught unaware, and may think you're being intentionally sneaky.
Deleting without justifying. Deleting anything nontrivial requires some words of justification in the edit summary or on the discussion page."
Both of which you did. I'll add my comments as a Note as I mentioned above as from looking at the item guidelines there should be anything wrong with that (furthermore, there's nothing explicitly stated about not including that information in Locations, will still leads me to believe your edit was overly judicious and pointless). --Jojobobo (talk) 17:45, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Okay, I'll definitely make the fact it is unowned readily apparent - but still raises the problem of there are other unowned rifles on that list which wouldn't be flagged up in such a way. The whole idea of flagging it as unowned is to enable a better experience from the player, and make them obtain a sniper rifle more easily.
- Further I still don't see the problem with a strategy comment - isn't that useful to a player? Fact is, even if you don't get to the Strip early, it's the best place to get a free sniper rifle period. Sure you can get one in the Legion safehouse, but for that you have to have reached the strip. The Hoover Dam option requires murder, and all other free (i.e. not purchased) sniper rifle locations are either further North than Camp McCarran and/or require travailing more dangerous areas (for example if you travel up the far east side of Vegas you might hit the Strip and Freeside before McCarran, but the area is rife with Fiends). The fact that it is unequivocally the earliest point at which you can get a sniper rifle is to me unarguable, and to me deserves a mention - care to venture why that isn't a worthy addition to the wiki? Even without conscious "strategy" this is still an extremely good location to obtain the rifle, and if I'd known about it sooner (and the fact it's unowned and lying around) is where I would have got one on previous characters - as I wasn't aware it seems like this is a failing of the wiki as its dramatic ease of access wasn't highlighted.
- And fine, I'll try to keep multiple edits down - ordinarily I type something and then spot any minor typographical errors I've posted and change them too. --Jojobobo (talk) 19:26, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- I've really stripped down my comments on the rifle now if you look at the page, adding to the relevant locations entry: "This rifle is unowned, and can be considered the earliest point to get a free sniper rifle without having first reached the Strip." You're going to have to be very specific about what the problem is if you revert it, as "can be" demonstrates it's an opinion whilst at the same time being of use to players - it removes the strategy element as well considering I pointed out above there is no way normally you can get a free sniper rifle earlier with so little hassle. If you want me to expound on this more I can do (as Hoover Dam is arguably just as close but requires killing, so it is the easiest place to get one without skill investiture) I can do, but as you want this information to be ridiculously parsimonious in order to meet your standards I didn't feel as if further clarification was necessary. --Jojobobo (talk) 19:44, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Another user wants you okay this before it is set and stone. I don't see much to pick fault with, so you're going to have to be very specific if you find something wrong, otherwise I'll post up the changes along the lines of we reached an agreement on an appropriate change. --Jojobobo (talk) 20:05, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
- Fine, can I make the change "This item is not considered owned by the NCR and can be picked up without penalty."? I think that is a fair enough change considering almost everything else in McCarran is owned, so a player looking at that page might very well naturally assume that was the case here too. That is completely devoid of any remote strategy, and it is presenting a useful clarification. As you said people can just check these things out, but I think people would naturally assume it's owned as so it is useful to point out it is not (I thought it might be Boone's bed hypothetically, but there's no way to confirm that). --Jojobobo (talk) 20:29, August 19, 2014 (UTC)
Winner Friday (II) picture Helena Week 46Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
That banner can be placed there. It's in agreement with Chad and myself. Jspoel 00:38, September 10, 2014 (UTC)
Winner Thursday (I) picture Helena Week 47Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
You have been elected to be the Hole's VIP commentator. You just have to put your comment below this message so I can copy it onto the blog. This week Dogmeat and Jingwei battle.23:09, September 15, 2014 (UTC)
- "Being an experienced Chinese General, I would hope they would be able handle one wasteland dog. With this hardened veteran being able to shrug off a good bit of damage and armed with his Shocksword and with both opponents fighting up close and personal this could get interesting. Either way, call the doctor, there's gonna be a bleeder."
This good? Great Mara (talk) 02:41, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
Yep, good enough. It has been added.15:05, September 16, 2014 (UTC)
Winner Thursday (II) picture Helena Week 52Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Dead BoS Paladins NellisEdit
Well, I'd prefer if the text was unedited. If it is really that an issue, I guess it can be reverted (which I already did).10:01, November 8, 2014 (UTC)
Winner Friday (I) picture Helena Week 55Edit
Winner Sunday picture Helena Week 55Edit
He's actually talked it over with Cassie in chat already, but should have made a note in the edit summary and provided a reference. JASPER//"Do you like hurting other people?" 03:33, November 10, 2014 (UTC)
Winner Friday (II) picture Helena Week 56Edit
Loooong time ago Edit
What's an AO game? Is that a developer or a rating or what? I know, your year-old comment was an answer to a four year old comment of mine about fisto... but I just saw it. :o) 126.96.36.199 19:34, November 25, 2014 (UTC)
Higher quality images Edit
The reason for that edit is that I got tired of seeing all .jpg formatted files and wanted to use a .png formatted file. That's it -Hikaru028 November 29, 2014, 19:44 (7:44pm) (UTC)
Feral Ghoul Reaver headshot chanceEdit
I play Fallout 3 on Xbox 360, I've never tested the headshot chance on PS3 or PC, if that helps. It might just be a 360 display bug. DRAEVAN13 19:35, December 12, 2014 (UTC)
Please remain civil. Your reply on John Kendall's talk page to me, saying "C your way the fuck out of here" is completely unacceptable and need to stop before you are blocked for gross misconduct. — SniperKing1 (talk) 10:42, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
- Before you respond to this, Mara, see about checking out the message I sent to his talk-page. Maybe there is still a chance for a bit of understanding, instead of further hostilities. Some Assembly Required! 11:08, December 14, 2014 (UTC)
Questions for an expert Edit
Can't place where I heard it but I can't locate any confirmation or denial anywhere.
I heard there was another DLC in the works that is located in Texas. True? Too good to be true?
Thanks for a timely reply and have a great holiday season.
188.8.131.52 14:53, December 14, 2014 (UTC)Helena Hanbazkt
NotY 2014 boardEdit
Hi Mara. J and I have been thinking that you'd be a good choice for the Nukapedian of the Year board. You haven't been on it before, you've been here a long time, and are in very good standing. We will meet twice (times TBD): once to discuss another two users to join the top four, and another time to decide the final winner(s). Will you accept this invitation? --Skire (talk) 00:27, December 17, 2014 (UTC)
Quick expert question, if you please... Edit
Of the mods I've dealt with here, you've been the most pleasant, helpful and responsive, so I'd like to bug you again to pick your brain. (Also, love your name.)
I'm very high level, close to 50, and I want to get the neutral perk Just Lucky To Be Alive, to get the crit. immunity. The problem is, I'm kind of an "(l)awful-good" player and so accidentally-on-purpose I'm at Messiah alignment. I nuked both NCR and Legion at the end of Lonesome Road, hoping that would even out my karma but I'M STILL a Messiah. I plan to play through No Gods, No Masters ending so I don't want to ally with either faction.
Which quests give negative karma without interfering with my political neutrality (or the lives of my companions)? Seriously, I can't seem to eat enough people or steal enough of anything to make a dent and 50 is looming over my head.
I haven't yet been to the Tops to confront Benny, I'm putting that off 'til the very end. Obviously that means I haven't access to The Fort yet, though I don't know if that would help anyway. Oh, also I've completed the Honest Hearts DLC as well as the Lonesome Road, but no others.
I am user HelenaHanbazkt, but I never log in so I sort of fail to maintain two separate profile pages. Answering to this anon page is most efficient.
Thanks for any time of help you have for me, and have a Happy Winter Festival Season. (I have no clue what your favorite may be, I celebrate them all because why not?
184.108.40.206 21:48, December 18, 2014 (UTC)HelenaHanbazkt
Tracking karmic effects Edit
Is there any way to? I know that I get one bad karma for each human I eat, (you'd think cannibalism would be worth more than shoplifting, but okay), but I have no idea how to compare that "sin" to any other "sin." I can't bring myself to just murder civilians, sigh...
220.127.116.11 22:01, December 18, 2014 (UTC)HelenaHanbazkt
Merry Christmas and a happy new yearEdit
I would like to use the Christmas-wishes-tradition to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have all of you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you, with perseverance in tough times, but most of all, with wonderful moments among enjoyable friends and family. Merry Christmas, and a very happy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 17:52, December 25, 2014 (UTC)
Magazines and clips Edit
I googled magazine vs clip and found that your word change in the FN FAL HPFA article was correct. Good work. A bit later I found that apparently the info box template for FO1, FO2 and FOT ammunition types has the field "magazine size" that refers to the number of rounds in one unit of ammunition (when sold or picked up, for instance).
This is incorrect, now is it not? The magazine is the often detachable part of a firearm that is fed bullets. A clip is a single unit of several rounds of ammunition, which can be fed into a magazine. It appears to me that the ammunition infobox template should be edited to replace the word magazine with the word clip.
Mara, is there a way to wake Richie up, I should let him know if this happens again, which it did. Otherwise, could you pop in the chat for a moment? Thanks. ----Cassie I can see you。✿ 09:14, January 12, 2015 (UTC)
Winner Friday (II) picture Helena Week 65Edit
When you get a chance... Edit
- Started a new table. If you get the chance, take a look at User:The_Gunny/sandbox#Weapon_types and see if anything is out of place or missing so far. Only firearms listed (less shotgats and bullithoses), more to go. 20:14, January 29, 2015 (UTC)
Community Central Edit
One for the record Edit
I believe you're keeping track of these? 22:10, February 11, 2015 (UTC)
Reverted Fighter Jet Edit ??? Edit
why did you revert my edit for the fighter jet, i was adding information on the variant ... "The fighter jet strongly resembles the F-80 Shooting Star and its variants, manufactured by Lockheed Martin. However, the real-world aircraft's wings did not fold." (which is correct) i simply added "The fighter jet may be based on the prototype aircraft carrier version of the F-80c, known as the TO-1/TV-1." which would make sense, so i would like some clarification please--EnclaveWerewolf (talk) 05:32, April 2, 2015 (UTC)
Scanning an image (ie- Copying it) doesn't have any effect on the copyright. It still belongs to whoever owns the actual rights on the image.
The person who scans it has no copyright on the scan.
If in scanning there was transformative enough to make it a "new work", then the person doing the change might have copyrights over that new work, but only if the originator has given the person making those changes permission.
Based on the information you've given, my certanly-not-legal-advice position would be the scanner has no legal rights here. As a courtesy I would say that its "good manners" to credit person scanning it, but they can be miffed all they like, they're not the author.
I'm confused by the reference to Creative Commons in the title... Do Atlas release their images under CC? If not, then Creative Commons does not apply (unless its a "new work" thats been authorised as above). Agent c (talk) 20:24, April 14, 2015 (UTC)
No, posting them on Community Central doesn't make them creative commons. There's no need to delete them if the person who scanned them objects (but I would suggest its probably the nice thing as you suggest). I would instead be looking to see if either the copyright holder approved or if there is a fair use excemption. Agent c (talk) 21:17, April 15, 2015 (UTC)
Hello, you left a message on my page regarding how I was changing the spellings to Proper English (as we call it here in the UK), but some of the words were in fact spelt incorrectly like for instance, the word "dialogue" was spelt as "dialog", which I may be wrong about, but if my computer puts a red line underneath the word, I just have to "correct" it. Sorry, again, I didn't know this had to be in American English. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Sincerely EvilKid851212 (talk) 15:20, April 23, 2015 (UTC)
Addictions in the Gamebryo Fallouts Edit
What I was thinking of on the Alcohol addiction's page is, it pretty much looks like the description for all other addictions in Fallout 3 and New Vegas, little to no creative personality. The first games add a little fun to it by adding the alcoholic has "many problems with their drinking habits". --Breakin'Benny (talk) 11:04, June 1, 2015 (UTC)
- However, I admit most of the addictions are bland anyway…
Wait-wait-wait-wait-WAIT...! If it's irrelevant, then why is even the mention of the book being in New Vegas in the notes section to begin with? I thought that notes were meant to be winks, nods, and acknowledged references. If not that, what do we add? --18.104.22.168 23:38, June 12, 2015 (UTC)
- (Response to your response):...Yes, and while the former is taboo speculation, why leave out the specifics for the item itself in the latter? --22.214.171.124 00:14, June 13, 2015 (UTC)
Magna Carta Edit
- I recall it being called the Magna Carta when I learned about it. However, I've seen it multiple ways, and even what I've been able to turn up is sometimes contradictory http://www.archives.gov/exhibits/featured_documents/magna_carta/, however for the most part all agree that it's Magna Carta, not The magna carta. Richie9999 (talk) 05:21, June 19, 2015 (UTC)
SOLE SURVIVOR PAGE Hi, I see you reverted the Sole Survivor page back to the version that suggested the canonical name of the Fallout 4 protagonist is "Howard" or "Nora". This is clearly incorrect information. Why did you revert it?--Weigand (talk) 09:30, June 28, 2015 (UTC)
That's a better reason than the one I thought you were going to use, but it's still flawed. As long as it's not in your policy and up for review, it's available for change. — A (t • c) 02:09, July 28, 2015 (UTC)
Regrading FO NV Nuka Cola page Edit
Regarding your edit in response to my edit concerning Nuka-Cola (Fallout: New Vegas), can you produce the articles in question? I am hearing Fizzing while consuming Nuka-Cola in game.
Chat is considered to be part of the wiki for the purposes of that rule - it helps actually ensure that the chat rules are enforceable. The "Golden Rule" of legislative interpretation tells us we should read absurdities out of the rule, and having a hole like chat as not being "part of the wiki" would be such an absurdity...
As a case study of why you can't just read it literally, take the chat rules:
..Where a particular subject appears to be causing distress, offense, or is otherwise disrupting the ability for others to enjoy chat, a moderator at their discretion may direct that a conversation either be closed or moved into private chat. This may be done either by request to a mod, or by the mod's own initiative, when those factors are present.”
"Moderator" is a specific position - Chat Mod + Partroller, and not admin, nor Bureaucrat. Can only "Moderators" invoke rule 9?
This one is perhaps more fun:
Administrators and chat moderators use their discretion when applying these rules, and understanding of the rules depends on the moderator's perception of the rules.”
So an Administrator, and a Chat Moderator have discretion on how to apply the rule (but not "moderators")... But they have to rely on a Moderator's Perception of the rule? Bureaucrats apparently have no discretion at all, but who's perception do they use?
Moderators are reminded that they have the freedom to deal with situations with a less firm hand if required...”
But only Moderators? Do Chat Mods and Admins (and Bureaucrats who have no discretion at all) have to deal with everything "by the book?
The reason I keep editing the unarmed damage page is because it is wrong. I have been playing the game for a long time now and I only play unarmed. The damage output for just using your fists in fallout new vegas gets much higher than a max of 5 which is what the wiki currently states. Even the guid book says that it is 1/4 of the unarmed skill, and as for the strength adding into damage, the only game it hasn't done that on is 3. I will find more info to prove what I am saying, but I will change it back, until it stays that way. Read the comments on the page, there are other people who have already disproved it, and whoever made it how it is in the first place basically said oh well ive never played the game. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Killroy898 (talk • contribs). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Recently in the
Mod lounge ChatroomEdit
Unarmed Damage Again Edit
Ok so what if I show you with a video, the actual damage output with no perks or traits aside from living anatomy, so that you can see the damage numbers. It isnt geck, but it is undeniable proof that the current statement is incorrect. 07:54, September 27, 2015 (UTC)Killroy898
- I'm not sure if NV will run on this box, but I'll see what I can do. If not, I'll have to wait until I feel like firing it up on my gaming rig later. 23:40, September 27, 2015 (UTC)
Ugh, a generic message that Skynet is AI and does AI things is more notable, than direct similarities with Terminator's Skynet - especially that its real reason is to take control over the Earth and terminate all non-submitting lifeforms. But no, its just "a generic AI for scientific tasks". Riiiight. 126.96.36.199 19:23, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
- Yes, a line that is clearly specific to the Skynet in Fallout is more notable than a line uttered by generic robots/ai in other media. Now keep your sarcasm the fuck off of my talkpage. Great Mara (talk) 19:25, September 28, 2015 (UTC)
As far as I know, Merriam Webster only acknowledges the popularity of using "comprise" in that way, without explicitly stating that such usage is incorrect (because it is not). Also, to quote them, "You should be aware, however, that if you use sense 3 you may be subject to criticism for doing so, and you may want to choose a safer synonym such as compose or make up." It is also worth pointing out that Merriam Webster is not a recognised authority here on the wiki and the Wikipedia MoS is silent on the issue... --Skire (talk) 03:42, October 15, 2015 (UTC)
- I don't believe so, no. We don't have our equivalent of say, the French Academy (the central authority on the French language). Merriam Webster is just a company that publishes dictionaries, etc. and not an American English authority or style guide. Like their British English counterparts, these dictionaries simply record trends in usage instead of prescribing them. Is "comprised of" a common usage in American English? Absolutely. Is it appropriate for a site that claims its articles are of encyclopaedic standard? I would argue no. --Skire (talk) 23:34, October 15, 2015 (UTC)
Head of state: Edit conflict Edit
Create a table outside the infobox, in the article I think. Jspoel 19:33, November 17, 2015 (UTC)
Fallout 4 Submachinegun Edit Edit
Thank you for your message, I have indeed previously read the wiki policy and guidelines but I wasn't aware that I needed official developer feedback for that type of information. --GamingAddict (talk) 00:52, November 20, 2015 (UTC)
Dear Great Mara
I've recently been uploading footage on youtube of any bugs encountered on Fallout 4 for Playstation 4, and then updating the appropriate articles on this site. Well this time I have 3 bugs to deliver, but I need to check in with one of them just to make sure it isn't already posted somewhere. Both bugs relate to when a player's settlement gets attacked.
1. During battle, the miscellaneous objective will mark itself as "completed" before all enemies are killed.
2. After successfully defending a settlement from an attack, if you interact with any of the settlers, they will ever fully complete their "thank you" dialogue speech.
3. After successfully defending a settlement from an attack, interacting with any of the settlers may cause you to be stuck in an infinite dialogue camera. The player can walk away, but they will be unable to press any other buttons other than "Options". The only way to fix this is to reload a save.
I've got it all on film, and am currently in progress of uploading it to youtube for everyone to see. My question to you is in regards to the third bug. Has this bug already been noted? I would like to know before I add this to the "Fallout 4 settlements" page just in case.
This message will be posted to multiple patrols for a faster reply.
- The Destroyer
Unjustified edit on Vault-Tec CorporationEdit
I uploaded an SVG version of the vault tec logo on the page Vault-Tec Corporation and replaced the old one. You just reversed the edit and put in the PNG image. I'm not sure you know the difference but SVG logos are preferable when editing wiki pages because they use vector graphics and therefore remain crisper and higher quality at any size, this is the standard format for pages on Wikipedia.org. Since you gave no justification as to why you changed the image I am going to put it back.
RE: No edit war, just a misunderstanding. Thanks
RE: Weapon References Edit
Understood on the rules about real-life weapon references. It was my mistake to assume that the rules here would be the same as some other wikis that I do frequent editing on, so I've taken some time to skim over the user policies and content guidelines specific to Nukapedia to prevent any similar mistakes in future. Thanks for the friendly heads-up.
I was wondering how you added the Fallout 4 terminal entries. Are you typing all of it down? I can't find the content in the resources I have available. Jspoel 17:14, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
- I am happy about having those entries and it must cost you a lot of time, my thanks. Though now I know how you do it, I'll ask DigitalUtopia if he can extract them somehow. It would save such a lot of work. Jspoel 17:21, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
- Changes on terminals by certain actions is difficult to determine. With a Fallout 4 GECK it would be easier, we'll have to wait for that and check then to be more certain. Jspoel 17:23, December 1, 2015 (UTC)
Your Background thing on your Profile Page Edit
I don't know if it's because of my monitor resolution, or the computer itself, or some other quirk, but that blue camo thing you've got on your profile home page doesn't go to the bottom of the screen and clips with the main content of your page. Nethaufer (talk) 01:09, December 3, 2015 (UTC)
Weapon conversions Edit
I'm not sure where the conversation, not that there is much of one, is going. Preferably, all of these pages that are "conversions" of another weapon will be merged together. Paladin117>>iff bored; 03:37, December 4, 2015 (UTC)
Pointless Wiki edits and removals Edit
Seriously? What's with your unproductive and frankly pointless edits removing relevant information from the Supervisor White page? Instead of being biased and a wikinazi, maybe try to understand that some edits are there for a reason. And when multiple people keep making the same edit, maybe, just maybe, you're the one who is in the wrong. ForeverFrisky (talk) 05:10, December 5, 2015 (UTC)Frisky
Fallout 4 mapsEdit
Can you check something for me? Turns out many pin cagegories have been removed from the Fallout 4 map. I can see in the log who did but first I'd like know if a regular user can do that. You're a patroller but if you can delete it, he can do it too I suppose. Would be a serious flaw in the system. Jspoel 03:44, December 6, 2015 (UTC)
I don't know WHY you decided to reverse the relevant info i edited on the Fusion Core page and then blocked me from editing, but firstly you should've tested the information yourself before removing it, and secondly i WILL go above your head to the wikia staff or higher if you let your ego and powertrip get the best of you and prevent me from contributing to a community i love again.
Fusion Core Edit
I don't know WHY you decided to reverse the relevant info i edited on the Fusion Core page and then blocked me from editing, but firstly you should've tested the information yourself before removing it, and secondly i WILL go above your head to the wikia staff or higher if you let your ego and powertrip get the best of you and prevent me from contributing to a community i love again.
EDIT: This is the 1st time I've ever had to leave a message, hence the accidental double post.
Hi, thanks for the feedback, however, the wiki engine renders all svg's into png's for compatibility. The reason it is handy to upload svgs instead of a prerendered png is because it means in the future higher resolutions can be generated with ease and the image can be edited without loosing any quality. Also IE (v9 and over), safari and most mobile browers do support svg - Abedecain (talk) 03:18, December 7, 2015 (UTC)
- Hi, Wikia uses the MediaWiki engine which includes Librsvg which renders (converts) all svg images to png files (explained in more detail here). The viewers of the wiki never see a svg unless they specifically download it manually through the file page, but it means if you wanted to display a image that is bigger than the one uploaded you don't need to reupload, the wiki will just render a higher resolution png image. If you look on wikipedia (which uses the same engine as wikia) you will see loads of svg images and is in fact the preferred file type for vector images for lots of reasons. Hope this helps. (also fixed the link above). -Abedecain (talk) 04:09, December 7, 2015 (UTC)
Yes, you can redirect that one too. Every item that has a dirty variant can be merged. Jspoel 08:31, December 8, 2015 (UTC)
Map pin categories deletedEdit
Someone deleted them again. I've reported this flaw to Wikia, they may be able to restore it. Otherwise it's hours work of restoring which I don't feel like doing again. Jspoel 04:22, December 19, 2015 (UTC)
Road goggles Edit
I use the location pages on this wiki to scout out loot and other possibilities before I go there for the first time, in order to be prepared and not screw myself out of any opportunities accidentally.
Please find a way to incorporate the opportunity to obtain Road goggles at the Charles View Amphitheater on the location page itself. This is an important item and I know I for one would have loved to learn about this possibility (and the item's very existence even, as I think this location may be the only way to procure Road goggles available in the game as I've never seen them anywhere else) when I first read the Charles View location page, rather than many, many levels later from specifically searching the Road goggles page itself.
This kind of information being available to readers is what this wiki is for. Without Road goggles I'd not be able to boost my Intelligence to 20 with Clothing and Berry Mentats alone (from a base Intelligence of 11, 10 + the Bobblehead). Please reconsider!
- it is a single action when cocking the hammer also rotates the cylinder, double actions do that when you pull the trigger. Nick3258 (talk) 08:30, December 21, 2015 (UTC)
I had no clue that I couldn't delete messages on my own talk page. I was cleaning up my profile and decided to remove the message. Won't do it again! c: --TheSlyDude
About Some edits to combat armor variants Edit
Hi Great Mara,
The other day I had added a little blip to Combat Armor mentioning "the console command id's may not be correct" I got an email saying
I was curious as to whether or not you looked into that or not. Because when I added some pieces of the Heavy Combat Armor I had gotten a few items that were Sturdy and how can all variations of the armor have the same console id number? I mean look at the pieces how can Combat armor chest piece, Sturdy combat armor chest piece and Heavy combat armor chest piece all be the same console id 0011d3c3?
Curie is more likely a Miss Nanny Edit
Why would they bother adding Miss Nanny robots into the game if they were only gonna have two very minor Miss Nanny npcs? Surely the terminal entry calling her a Mister Handy was using "Mister Handy" as an umbrella term? Its likely that Miss Nanny and Mister Gutsy units would sometimes be referred to as Mister Handy robots, especially considering their back panels. Certainly more likely than Curie not being a Miss Nanny. And the scientist never said he altered her voice, just her personality and database. What are the chances he would alter the voice into being exactly the same as Miss Ednas?
Just wanted to let you know, Kalisni popped into chat during the little edit tirade wanting to know how to get in touch with an admin to complain about you. I told them to chill and that they were being childish, but mentioned they could contact Js if they really wanted to, though it would just draw attention to their actions. The exact response was "thank you xernoc for answering my question and pointing out that im being childish; youre right. ill send him a message tomorrow when im calmer tyvm :P" and then they got off and reverted the edit they made to your comment on their chat page. Not sure if this matters, but I figured I'd mention it. Time was ~9:45UTC in chat. --Xernoc (talk) 11:27, December 27, 2015 (UTC)
So, let's see if we're on the same page: The point of a wiki is generally to state known facts, or at the very least best guesses, while making the distinction between the two publicly known. So ...if you want to revert my very marginal and simple edit, please provide the proof - that strange meat = human flesh.
Andale is certainly very suspicious, as are the Hunters that sell the questionable meat, and yet these are the best representations as far as I know that give reason to "widely suspect" that it is indeed human flesh, as I tried to say ...but it doesn't prove it, and saying so is an inaccuracy. That's the whole mystery and humor behind the item; the fact that we don't know!
By analogy, if you came to my house, knowing I was a hunter, and found some 'strange meat' in my fridge, understanding that the property I live on has plenty of deer around, you very well might assume that it could be venison ...but as you can't prove it, it's forever 'strange meat.' I mean, I could be trying to serve you human flesh, right? Dsurian 14:59, December 27, 2015 (UTC)
- That might be all-well-and-good for the New Vegas article on the subject, but I pointedly edited the Fallout 3 article ...I even got the wording from the parent/overview article linked in my title here. So, as far as strange meat in general, particularly relating to Fallout 3, it is indeed likely but pointedly not provable that the meat is human in origin. Taking into consideration the difference in time, location, and apparent side-effects vs FoNV (Fo3 cannibals don't shake ...if anything, merely exhibit an unusual happy outlook), I can't see how anyone can claim that strange meat in the Capital Wasteland is definitely without-a-doubt human flesh. Reminder - I'm not saying it "definitely isn't" ...I'm merely trying to point out that it's "widely accepted as" instead of "is"...how is that this much of a problem? Dsurian 21:12, December 27, 2015 (UTC)
Institute terminal entriesEdit
Overdue bug verification Edit
Hey, just wondering. While doing some verify sweeps, I noticed that a lot of pages have overdue bug verification. What happens to bugs which go unverified for long enough that they are considered overdue? I'm assuming to remove them, but I'd prefer to know before I go around and kill all the overdues before I look like an idiot.07:57, January 2, 2016 (UTC)
Companion Spoiler Change Edit
Why would you undo the change to the companion page? It is an obvious issue with multiple complaints by people on the talk page, in the wiki discussion forum and on external sites linking to it (Reddit) with many many users of this site? I know the policy on spoilers. I've proposed a change to it. In the mean time, what is the harm in - at least on a temp basis - putting a small spoiler alert on something that is actively spoiling parts of the story for multiple people?
Happy new year!Edit
I would like to use the Christmas/New Year-wishes-tradition, though I'm a week late, to thank those around me who kept this wiki and daily life more fun for me during the past year. Everything just seems so normal and evident that we are here almost every day, yet it's very worthwhile to consider for a moment how wonderful it is to have people like you around me, making editing and being on chat a lot more enjoyable. I would also like to use this opportunity to wish a happy and healthy new year for you and everyone around you who is dear to you. I hope you'll have a great and healthy new year in which all your wishes may come true! - Greets Peace'n Hugs (talk) (blog) 00:06, January 6, 2016 (UTC)
Ain't Like That NowEdit
Hello, regarding your request for verification on my edit, saying that the perk does not affect automatic weapons: I have looked at the GECK. It is set to 'modify attack speed' to x1.2, which is correct. It looks like the setting 'modify attack speed' is itself bugged (or designed to work the way I noticed, which means, to exclude automatic weapons). I proved this by making a mod where Ain't Like That Now granted x2 speed instead of x1.2 speed.
Medicine Stick was firing super fast, but Gatling and LMG fired at the same exact rate I noted in the past. A x2 speed change is HUGE, and doesn't require a stopwatch to notice, but I used it anyways. Even with x1.2 rate, that is a change of 3 seconds with LMG. That is very notable if the tester is paying attention and knows how to use a stopwatch and repeat trials. Anything more than +/- 1 second margin of error and the tester is asleep on the wheel. Dark wizzie (talk) 11:39, January 7, 2016 (UTC)
- Regarding your claim that differences are in the milliseconds - have you actually done the math before commenting? LMG has 200 per mag w/ extended mags, firing 12 rounds per second. That means it takes 16.67 seconds to empty the mag. 20% increase in ROF means 12 * 1.2 per second, or 14.4 per second. That's 13.888 seconds to empty the mag. That's ~2.78 seconds. Not quite 3 seconds, but to say it needs to be described in milliseconds is an exaggeration. To fail to pick up 2.78 seconds difference with a stopwatch after repeated attempts is to be asleep at the wheel.
- What's more, nothing rests on that fact. In comment I said I tested x2. In the video I did x3. I also said I did x5. The issue is as clear as day at those settings.
- If you look at the GECK, you will see that the modifier for all those things (the perk, trait, and consumable) are the same. If they are exactly the same, they have the same bugs/idiosyncrasies. And indeed, all three of those things do not increase speed for automatics. And there has been multiple people reporting this, and not a single person reporting the contrary. All of what I'm saying makes sense in theory and pan out in practice.
- Now more to the heart of the issue here... What are you looking for with the GECK picture, exactly? That is the perk entry/modifier used, and those are the weapons listed in the exception list. I think that's all you need to see with regards to the GECK. Let's strip away the Fallout bureaucracy here for a second. If I modify the value from 1.2 to 2.0 to 3.0 and I saw the speed of non-automatics shoot through the roof and LMG still take 16.67 seconds to empty the clip, what does that tell you? In case it's not clear, I'm saying that some setting in the game or the GECK itself is probably glitched. I'm also not the only person to note this. And it has been listed on Rushing Water page, but for some reason not the other two.
- What I am claiming has the potential to invalidate many pages of the wiki and shift the balance of non-automatics vs automatics in the game. (All three bonuses together nets over x2 speed increase in attack speed for non-automatics.) Please reply back and tell me whether you agree or disagree with my math regarding the 2.78 second figure.Dark wizzie (talk) 03:44, January 8, 2016 (UTC)
- Hello, I just saw your second reply. Regarding whether I ran mods in the video: In order to change the attack speed multiplier for Ain't Like That Now, the changes have to be saved as a mod to be in effect. Apart from that, it is vanilla. Trying to bug-test with a regular modded game would be pretty dumb. So: x1.2 testing was vanilla, and x2, x3, x5 attack speed multiplier were tested with that little mod I made.
- I would like you to respond regarding my claim that a 20% increase in ROF on a LMG w/ extended mag results in a larger difference than you stated, as you said, the difference would be in milliseconds. I believe I have shown that is clearly not true. Do you agree or disagree?
- Anyways, more importantly... I don't know what I'm supposed to bring up as proof at this point. You do not have the ability to test what's going on yourself and I already showed the only thing I know to show with the perk, and it looks normal. Maybe we can contact somebody else reputable that has the game and can test it with me. Dark wizzie (talk) 04:48, January 8, 2016 (UTC)
Hey, I was looking for a second opinion, and I know you've been defending the Curie page against Ms Nanny. Someone in chat provided a video of Curie's dialogue stating she's a Nanny. Well, I looked into it and found some evidence which I've shared on the Talk page. If you get a chance, you wanna look at it and tell me if that's as strong as I think it is? I feel like there's still a debate here for what does she know vs what do her creators know. --Xernoc (talk) 04:59, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
- Thank god I'm not the only one confused. Should I leave a message for an admin to look at it, like Energy X or Jspoel? --Xernoc (talk) 07:04, January 10, 2016 (UTC)
It wasn't a spontaneous addon, i was reading some articles and a few people said they found a plasma gun in the west pike tunnel. people are known for lies as well, so that's why i added the "(verification needed)" tag. i've had a few accounts on here, would be using them had i not lost access to em. i've made many edits on wikia and valid ones. i don't make spontaneous open-ended modifications :P
Can you not undo my edits please? I'm changing instances of clip to magazine, as magazine is the correct terminology, but some people keep changing it back. Aliantha (talk) 05:16, January 15, 2016 (UTC)
Let's talk, huh?
Recent reversion to edits on Cait's pageEdit
Hey, I saw you undid my recent removal of unnecessary info on Cait's page and said there was nothing on the talk about it, likely because I was still in the process of posting it. Could you please review what I posted and perhaps undo your edit reversion? I don't want to get into an edit war, but what I removed is contradictory to other information, common among companions or just not really needed. Thanks. Orcteeth (talk) 18:05, January 19, 2016 (UTC)
He will be missed... not, for two weeks.11:21, January 21, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding Combat Shotgun edit Edit
Regarding your edit to the combat shotgun, are you sure it is 7? I screen-shot my explosive combat shotgun on to an open wall and consistently counted 8. (Thingy237 (talk) 01:01, January 24, 2016 (UTC))
I am heavily editing the article to make it complete sorry. I did not know there were such strict capitalization polices and was trying to make it match the in game title (Railroad Armored Coat) not (Railroad armored coat). --Gamer1what (talk) 02:07, January 27, 2016 (UTC)
Assault rifle Edit
Regarding this revert: I was under the impression that, although comparisons to real-life weapons are a no-no, comparisons to similarly-titled weapons in other Fallout games were okay? Aya42 (talk) 15:53, January 29, 2016 (UTC)
Cambridge Polymer Labs (quest): Experiment Samples Numbers and Names =Edit
Hi, I tried chopping out a redundancy and adding a rewards section for the Piezonucleic armor piece, but both got reverted. For one thing, I don't see the purpose in having this section on the quest walkthrough page, when it's basically a copy of information on the main Cambridge Polymer Labs location page. Second, there's two of them on the quest page alone, written exactly alike. If the information is worth having on both pages, shouldn't we at least remove the copy on the quest page?
- Ah, that makes sense. Usually I do explain my edits (as I did with the walkthrough condensing), it just slipped my mind. Thanks for going ahead and removing the duplicate section. I'll try not to forget in the future, so we can consider this matter resolved. Thanks for responding. RShepard227 (talk) 04:30, February 3, 2016 (UTC)
Regarding map pins Edit
Mara, in my opinion I think they should lock the delete button against regular users while leaving the option available only to admins, just like how the delete button works on article pages, only admins have authority. Somehow, they can also be restored if I recall correctly. ----Cassie I can see you。✿ 12:13, February 6, 2016 (UTC)
Sorry I'didnt know I edited the actual wiki page' thought I was searching my own preference I do apologise.. To be honest I'm not even sure this message is in the right section so I apologise again(Noob to all this stuff) I could not find a "message user or reply button" and was hesitant clicking anything in case I erase-anything --Shelbi805 (talk) 23:58, February 6, 2016 (UTC)shelbi805
I understand why you have changed my edit but let me explain why I think it is right. First of all, they both have ammo caps of 3. Second, they both have high critical multipliers and both are Hunting rifle (Fallout: New Vegas). Third, they have higher HP/Durability than the standard. I wont change it again so if you change your mind, you can just do it.
Nobody expects vandalism on user pages. That and the protection from the original page was not transferred. But yeah, I am going to lock that for good.23:23, February 26, 2016 (UTC)
Your Edit Edit
Does this wiki use Australian or American English? 188.8.131.52 04:53, March 2, 2016 (UTC)
You do realise that binary isn't a language, right? 184.108.40.206 06:09, March 14, 2016 (UTC)
- You don't need to be vicious like that. I'm not trying to sound smug or anything, I'm literally asking if you know something that I think is common knowledge. A way, how does it make the statement incorrect? 220.127.116.11 06:20, March 14, 2016 (UTC)
- I wasn't trying to be sarcastic. I understand that not having an account makes you a tad bit weary of me, but I mean well. Anyway, onto the edit, can't the word "binary" be used? I thought it was more than a noun 18.104.22.168 06:46, March 14, 2016 (UTC)
Jet page revert Edit
I just want to clarify this; did you revert my edits because we are not actually supposed to post video? I figured they went well with the page, but I suppose I need look through the wiki's policies. Brodacious G, 1:52 pm, Monday March 14, 2016.
Jet page revert Edit
I was going to add a rank list for all weapons and armor on fallout 4 wiki. These were not made up or random numbers given out but a calculation of adding Damage, damage per shot, and fire rate then dividing by 3 to get a number. That number was then listed 1 thru however many items. I see this as a contribution but you change the edit because it "wasnt a game stat".
They have a totally different IP so I can't link them together. Mods can just ban him if he misbehaves, won't take long to become forever if it's him. Jspoel 21:12, April 4, 2016 (UTC)
Stupid question, but most infoboxes for clothing have a section "variants". Such as Greaser jacket and jeans and Atom Cats jacket and jeans, but Zeke's jacket and jeans does not. Is it right to fill that in and add that section to infoboxes for clothing that does have variants? I figured somebody would have done that by now if it were. JMA4269 (talk) 01:49, April 8, 2016 (UTC)
Questionable edit: Mysterious Serum Edit
I think you should critique an edit someone just did, not so sure about that: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Mysterious_serum?diff=2554916&oldid=2539145 HalloweenWeed (talk) 18:56, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
Shouldn't the original version of the text, that is, the one I had reverted to, stand during discussion, not the contested version? One has consensus agreement; the other does not. Prydwen (talk) 19:27, April 12, 2016 (UTC)
- No, the edit prior to the warring event stands during the discussion. And two users doesn't make a consensus, not to mention when the other party hasn't responded yet. Great Mara (talk) 00:46, April 13, 2016 (UTC)
Could you give a look at Boone's page, please? There are a couple of users that are serial-substituting the year he was in Novac for the Fallout:New Vegas game name in the first sentence of the profile (which matches the first sentence of every FONV companion page). I don't want to get in and edit war, but I've had to revert the page 3x so far.
Hazmat suit? Edit
I posted that a hazmat suit does not add any extra radiation damage resistance when worn under power armor. Any reason why you removed this? I do believe its something worth noting, and it was in the correct place. Jaxine (talk) 13:15, May 7, 2016 (UTC)
understood my apologizes had an early copy and was trying to help out the wiki but ill re-frame. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Sareus (talk • contribs) 20:00, May 12, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
Fallout 4 Weapons Modification Pipe bolt-action section Edit
Sorry I did edit the pipe bolt action page particularly the receiver section because is it just me or do you think the current Weapon Modification Tables are a little oddly configured? I mean yeah you can write base + damage or you can write the actual damage like 20 then for the next mod is 24 and so on this way it is easier for user to compare and contrast the weapon mods. I was looking for the best receiver with the most damage. Found this page and found the odd configuration, wrote the table into Excel, then added up the proper “full” numbers for all the tabs (damage, fire rate, range, accuracy, so on…) So I guess we need to vote on it? --EAgamer999 (talk) 03:53, May 14, 2016 (UTC)
Modded Outfit Edit
Sorry about that thanks for catching it. I forget on occasion I have my games modded. I'll keep an eye out on that. If you could point me to the regs on that issue I would appreciate it, Thanks --Coloradofree (talk) 21:58, June 5, 2016 (UTC)
Thank You Edit
Real world weapon reference policyEdit
I wish I knew. I do remember there were some, but were deleted by some person. It would seem these green ones were just uploaded to the map, but not to the Wiki itself (like the rest of the images). It's best to just use the black and white map marker images we got to fill in the missing ones, until someone else decides to upload the real ones.07:56, June 10, 2016 (UTC)
Bug Policy Proposals and Changes Edit
Hi there, I just wanted to notify all special rights holders of the new Bug policy proposals that are being put up for vote in the forums. If you have a free moment, please make sure to go in and vote. Forum:Bug Policy proposals and changes. ---bleep196- (talk) 19:53, June 19, 2016 (UTC)
You have recently reverted two edits of user StimpackDoc. Both edits noted the presence of a skill magazine, as listed on the magazine's pages.
My question is: Do skill magazines not count as notable loot, even though they are relatively rare?
- FDekker talk 08:22, June 20, 2016 (UTC)
That isn't a clipping bug, his corpse gets teleported to the door where he is supposed to come in as alive. I've been able to reproduce that 3 times already. PaulReverend (talk) 23:59, June 22, 2016 (UTC)
A rumour came true Edit
I thought this might be of some interest as I'm currently playing through Innocent Sin for the first time and was wondering about the sequel. A fan translation is currently in the works for Eternal Punishment PSP. As far as I know though, it's only going to be a translation of the PS1 version but with fixes to the mistranslations.
X-9 Splicing Terminal Edit
There's no other person. You're the person reverting the edits, and not responding on the Talk page. If you're taking responsibility for the page, do so in full, and join the conversation. Otherwise you're acting arbitrarily. TheJohnRhoades (talk) 03:39, July 8, 2016 (UTC)
Why did you revert my changes on "Fort Hagen Satellite Array"?
Fallout 4 Ammo per Pre-War Box Edit
Was just wondering, where did you find out the number of rounds per "Pre-War" box of ammo for various ammunition types found in Fallout 4? I see it listed on the 5.56, .308 and a few other ammo type pages.
I only thought to look for myself in-game after making that post, also I remember reading about the 5mm ammo can being listed as 7.62. I also noticed that the shotgun shell is missing it's quantity as well, checked all sides of the box using a scoped plasma pistol to zoom in. I estimate about 16 would fit into the box though, I'm trying to get pre-war ammo counter numbers for a mod I am planning.
Mister handy pageEdit
Can't a guy do a little spring cleaning? Edit
I mean really. I'm just trying to shelve some old embarrassing messages that depress me for how stupid I was years ago. First I try to be professional and archive them, I'm not allowed to do that. Then I just outright delete them because anyone can see what was written there by going to the page history, that's not allowed either, apparently I have no rights on my own talk page.
So what am I allowed to do to then? You all are getting a little ham fisted with enforcing the rules aren't you?
Nuka Cola Quantum page revert Edit
Hey, I am new to wikia so I'm learning how everything works around here. Is there a reason you completely reverted my edit of the Nuka Cola Quantum page, only to add almost all of my edit back in? My lines about the machine colas may not be needed on the page (I was not aware they were random, so thank you!), but I added plenty of other stuff and reorganized the locations section, so my edit was useful. Obviously you think so, too, since you added most of it back yourself. Like I said I'm new here, so this is a genuine question!
Why did you delete nearly my entire post about vault 112, including the picture?
Unfolded edits in RCEdit
Mara, the edits in Recent Changed don't fold (see image). do you have the same problem? Jspoel 23:18, August 16, 2016 (UTC)
I apologize for my misunderstanding about interwiki links. I thought they were something else.
TOTVMs and TOTMGs are awesome! 06:54, August 18, 2016 (UTC)
There is no evidence at all to support that the BoS's Vertibirds in Fallout 4 are the prototype Vertibirds. It literally makes no sense. It is stated consistently in game that they got their Vertibirds from the enclave. It is stated directly above that section the enclave were utilising VB-01's and VB-02's. If the brotherhood got their Vertibirds from the enclave, then they are VB-01's. The Brotherhood is also shown to operate both as shown in Fallout 4 and Fallout 3.
I apologise for my earlier tone bro. It was my understanding you were intentionally falsifying information. Which needless to say frustrated me a lot as I'm sure it would you. However upon revision, I've realised exactly what you are talking about. I recognise that the design of the VB-01 is very different in Fallout 2 than it is in Fallout 4. However, the fact that the Brotherhood retrieve their Vertibirds from the enclave shows that it has to be the same type of Vertibirds the Enclave use. I don't think creating a whole new class of Vertibird to explain this discrepancy merely because they appear different is fair without some sort of game sauce stating or inferring what you are saying. The enclave have never shown to be using the prototypes in fallout so if the brotherhood got their Vertibirds from them? How did they retrieve them? Also, what's your evidence that the Fallout 4 Vertibirds are the Prototypes? There's no information in game giving that kind of distinction. The Vertibirds could not just appear out of nowhere. The brotherhood are also shown to be using the VB-02's in Fallout 3. As shown at AFB with Sarah Lyons picking you up after the destruction of the mobile base crawler.
I think the explanation is that Bethesda simply went for a design change in Fallout 4. However, I will gladly drop this if you can show me the sources in the games you are using to base this information if it's credible.
I'd at least like to edit the VB-01 and VB-02 section to show that the brotherhood are using them to as that, is also shown in game. Which is the same logic you are using to justify your changes.
Again, I'm sorry for my earlier tone as I honestly believed you were attempting to deliberately mislead people. I can see I was mistaken about that and you were genuinely doing what you thought was best. So I'm sorry.
Also the reason I haven't been posting in the summary box is because I'm on my mobile and no summary box comes up for me. If I'm making a mistake please show me where I'm going wrong so I may rectify this. :)
Nothing has changed since the update. Quantum restores standard 400 HP (40 HP for 10 seconds); with the WS perk rank 3 50% more, that's 600 HP. That's how it was registered in the infobox on the wiki before the update and it hasn't changed since then. Let's just add the standard value in the infobox. Jspoel 19:54, September 4, 2016 (UTC)
The rules said "no comparison to real-world weapons without a source" The forum post is not the first place to use a shovel handle, and i couldnt find any source that says it was the case. I was unaware of the policy change, but you pointed it out. The new edit was made under that same policy 8-Bit Jack (talk) 01:14, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
- dude, the guy who BUILT the gun says he got the idea from someone else's picture (and shows it). Shovel stocks just are A Thing. I first saw one at a gun show when i was 10 or 11. 8-Bit Jack (talk) 01:28, September 5, 2016 (UTC)
It's a pity you don't have the Creation Kit. I could see in the addiction branch only 3 Nuka-Cola variants have an addiction chance of 5% (added checkmarks to your sandbox). I was thinking, are you still not interested in becoming admin? There hasn't been single application since the release of Fallout 4, quite disappointing I must say. Think about it, you should pass with flying colors. Jspoel 18:14, September 10, 2016 (UTC)
X-01 Pre-war or Post-warEdit
It follows since the X-01 looks exactly like advanced power armor, and both were engineered after the Great War by remnants of the U.S. military that the group being referenced is the Enclave. What is directly observable is the looks of the armor. If you are suggesting that a separate organization developed the X-01 armor, and by coincidence it looks the exact same as advanced power armor; you are reaching for the facts to fit your theory as opposed to make your theory fit the facts. You are looking only at the X-01 in Nuka-World to suit your theory. The simplest explanation that fits all the data we have is that Bethesda made a mistake. This one mistake does not justify stating X-01 as pre-war armor as though it is fact. Your flimsy evidence is from one DLC from one game. Mine is from four games. You really have no leg to stand on with this theory at the moment until more data comes forward to support it.
CSThomas888 (talk) 03:29, September 14, 2016 (UTC)
- You are dealing in 99% theory. We don't take every bug or mistake and commit it to fact. Again This theory is the least likely of all the unlikely theory's out there. There is more evidence against your theory than for it. It's more likely that the Enclave found Nuka-World painted an X-01 suit after Nuka-Cola Quantum, then sealed it for safe keeping in the display than X-01 being pre-war power armor, and that is reaching pretty far. What your stating with none of it being objectively observable is:
- 1) X-01 was already engineered before the war despite the direct contradiction the loading screen.
2) Some made-up 3rd group of military survivors that is definitively not observable or even suggested in any of the games engineered this armor. 3)The Enclave made their power armor separate from this 3rd organization, but it somehow came out looking exactly the same. 4) That somehow this armor was engineered pre-war, and even past development enough to put on display, but the Enclave couldn't use this to create their own power armor.
All this garbage you are using as your substance for your argument is theory, not one piece of evidence besides Quantum X-01 power armor to back you up. Literally one of the weakest arguments I've ever seen. CSThomas888 (talk) 03:49, September 14, 2016 (UTC)
- Okay four games worth of evidence be damned. You saw a X-01 power armor in a sealed room that could have been opened and resealed at any time, but the simplest explanation that fit the only piece of data you're willing to look at suggests, that maybe, the armor is of pre-war design. All THEORY! The loading screen quote that you have posted on the page say's "The X-01 series of Power Armor was specially engineered and employed by remnants of the U.S. military after the Great War". Then, right under that, you wrote "The X-01 power armor is a set of power armor created shortly before the bombs fell." That alone is devastating to your theory. My theory is one in much the same way gravity is. It's the general consensus, but because you have already made up you mind to the point where Todd Howard could come to your house and tell you what I'm saying and you'd tell him he's wrong. You should be on a Fallout Fan Fiction page. Not a Wiki.
Horizon Flight 1207 Edit
This is Orbitalend48401 the one who edited Horizon Flight 1207 on september 21st i have got your message about the community guidelines,
Ok then i am a big fallout fan ok. So my "edit" is not a speculation it could be true or could be an error now i want to make sure all details are posted on there now i alos mentioned about the flight recorder not being on the plane. Now i understand the misunderstanding but i personally think it is right to add this note on the page, think about it 2 plane companies Skylanes and Horizon Airlines right, what im thinking of is Horizon Airlines bought the plane off skylanes and mabye they never got the chance to repaint the plane??
I would like a reply :) i will re-add the note back on since i think it is important ok.
ok look im trying not to loose my cool here OK i love woking on wiki's but i undestand "SPECULATING" is now getting me in touble now listen i AM NOT evil i arn't fucking up the website but recently i worked closly with the 3 planes in Fallout 4 because i find it amazing to see massive planes like these fly, i understand your doing you "JOB" but i put unkown what im gonna get banned now and all i did is add a bit of text i have seen a few say this is unkown but i'm like where do i add theories honestly all your saying is nope nope nope no speculating i love doing therories but firstly i nearly did this but i thought on adding theroies to most pages i.e. Horizon flight 1207 ok ok now listen im not a hater i love F4 so i hope you understand that but i have added some stuff on all the lpanes such as 1665 where i talk about 2 pilots and 1207 whee i talk about no flight data recoder now i what i noticed is no one mentioned these, i know i seem childish but my farther orked on plaes and me and him worked on these planes (i even talked about the nuclear fusion and all the physics lol) but we came up with quite a few theories, please understand i know you are a moderator? but im not a hater the thing is is there any place for "speculating" cause i cant find it cause i will make one myself if i have to, if not fine by me.
look i understand your gonna block me or ban me or even get the cops on me but i hope you understand where im going throught this im not a hater i arnt a criminal ok ok i dont want to get banned ok if you ant to reply fine but please dont act all "business guy here" i am not wanting to let facts and theories mess up the website but do what you got to do. OrbitalEnd48401 (talk) 09:33, September 24, 2016 (UTC)