Hey there, Doc. It's 114 here (I logged in, but it's still me). I've started up a test Wiki to try out the logos, and I was just going to let you know that I'm going to be testing them out. If for any reason you don't want me to, I'll gladly remove them from the wiki. I'll be sure to give you full credit for the use of them. Once I've tried them out I'll give you the link to the wiki and let you have a look for yourself. 02:17, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent! I have no qualms with you testing them out, and thank you again for doing so. I fear that they may not be very well formatted for a wiki, but I suppose we'll find out. I will upload a split version of the background to the Logo Forum page, to ensure you have all the necessary materials. Doc Incognito 02:23, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
Take a look at what I've come up with. Unfortunately, the background for a wiki can only be a measly 150KB, so I had to severely scale down the quality of the background image to get it to work. It looks slightly pixellated which is a concern. Also, considering I don't know the width of a normal wikia page pixel-wise, I had to tile the image so it's not exactly centred. If you could find out how wide a wikia page looks, that would be great. Concerning the banner logo, the words "The Fallout Wiki" are a bit small, so if you could make them bigger to stand out that would also be great. Otherwise I'm liking how it looks. 02:46, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow, that is some pixelation there. I just uploaded a split version of the background; maybe that will help? I hope so. I'll enlarge "The Fallout Wiki" right away, and upload the image here.
- Doc Incognito 02:49, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Edit: and in the event that the split background doesn't work, I could put together a simpler background that is red with white stripes (like the Nuka-Pedia bottle), which should negate the problems with low resolution.
- Doc Incognito 02:51, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, the background needs to be one image. If I can figure out the width of a wikia page, I can easily add in some blank space to fill out the background. You won't be able to see it, because it will be behind the text, leaving only the vending machine graphics visible. I'd really love to use the vending machine background, but if worse comes to worst, you might need to whip up a new background. 02:52, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, I see what you mean. I have a idea for reverse-engineering the width; I'll be back with that. In the mean time, here's the banner with larger text.
- Doc Incognito 02:57, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent! I'm nearly done with the reformatted background, I'll have it to you soon. Doc Incognito 03:13, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Heh, well, I have the rest of the night :D. Here it is, all split and knitted.
- Doc Incognito 03:19, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry to keep you waitingEdit
Sorry about the late reply, but I was fiddling around with the sizes to get it to fit right. I've upscaled the quality to the highest possible without it being too large, and although it was large vertically I was able to get in the bottle and part of the coin slot.
Take a look for yourself.
If you're unhappy with the fact that the coin slot and bottles are partly cut out, I can try to resize them for you. 03:41, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- No need to apologize, there's no rush.
- Hey, you fixed the quality! Great!
- There is some strangeness, though, and it might have to do with the computers we're using. On a 1080 by 1920 monitor, I found the width of a wikia page to be 1002 pixels, so I left exactly that much space in between the halves. However, there is more of the image behind the center than I thought there would be. Any idea why that might be?
- Doc Incognito 03:52, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Not sure. If anything, it might be that I'm on a Mac laptop, so I tailored the image to fit my screen. I'm not sure if maybe Macs have a different default screen resolution to other computers, but that would be my first guess. If you wanted, I could give you administrative rights on that Wiki and let you upload the background yourself, if it would be easier. The biggest issue is that Wikia backgrounds must be a maximum of 150KB, which is a ridiculously small size. 18.104.22.168 03:55, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think it's the fault of the Mac, just the difference between the resolution of different monitors.
- Sure, that would be great. I can do some tweaking and testing, then.
- And as much as I hate to say it, it might make more sense to do another, simpler background. I have an idea for one that could tile cleanly, but I'll wait to see if this is necessary.
- Doc Incognito 04:01, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Ah, with some experimentation, I am now seeing how the background looks on a smaller resolution. I can mes around with this on a higher resolution so it fits all views.
- Also, I'm out for the night. Thanks again for all your time, and I'll see you tomorrow. Doc Incognito 04:09, January 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Many thanks. I'm going to edit the image and see if I can get it to fit properly. Doc Incognito 01:15, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Alrighty. If you need help with adding the background to the page, just ask. 22.214.171.124 01:18, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, so I've been experimenting for a bit, and the issue I'm having is that the wiki does not seem to want to both fill the sides with the entire image, and have more of the image in view, if that makes sense. Doc Incognito 01:39, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
I can always try contacting Wikia Community Central and asking them what the perfect dimensions for a background is. 126.96.36.199 01:40, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh, that's a good idea.
- Wait, this might have worked. Take a look. Doc Incognito 01:44, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Damit, never mind. It looks like crap on a monitor with less space to see the background. Grr. Do you think you could contact Community Central for advice? That would be immensely helpful. Doc Incognito 01:46, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, sure. I'll be right back. 188.8.131.52 01:46, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks. I'll be here when you return. Doc Incognito 01:47, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I've left Sannse a message at Community Central. Hopefully she can direct us to someone who knows the dimensions. I guess we sit here and listen to elevator music while we wait for a reply. 184.108.40.206 01:58, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Great. I'll be around for the next hour, waiting with bated breath. Doc Incognito 01:59, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, this might take a while. How about we wait for tomorrow, and if there's no reply we can just figure it out by ourselves? 220.127.116.11 02:14, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- That'd work for me. Since I plan to make final submissions on Wednesday or Thursday, I have time. Thanks again for your help, 114. Doc Incognito 02:22, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
I got a reply from Community Central, and was given a template for the background. Although it's still not perfect, I think it's about the closest we're going to get.
Take a look and tell me what you think.
Now, I know some people are a bit unsure about a red background, but we can still show them this and see if it changes their minds. In a worst-case scenario, they don't use the background and only use the Favicon and Logo. But that's still something to be proud of. In any case, I'm sure you'll get an honourable mention and people are really appreciative for how much work you've done. 18.104.22.168 23:44, January 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Wow, that works very well. On my smaller monitor, it's nearly perfect. On the larger one, there's some strange darkness past the coin-op and the sodas; any idea why that might be? Is that due to the template?
- I hope they like the background, but I suppose we can only wait and see. Thanks, 114, and if I haven't said it before, you've been an invaluable companion throughout this process, and I'm grateful for all of your help and work. Doc Incognito 02:57, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Don't mention it, I'm just happy to help. As for the strange darkness, that was part of the template. Not much I could do about it, unfortunately. 22.214.171.124 02:58, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you mind if I see that template image? Both the original and the edited one? I might be able to give that darkness the boot. Doc Incognito 02:59, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, I'll be back in a bit. Doc Incognito 03:03, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
Well, I was able to remove the blackness, but I'm having trouble reconciling the resolutions.
This works perfectly on the high-res screen, not so much on the low-res.
But given that low-res will be much more common, I'll tweak this towards low-res. Doc Incognito 03:31, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
- Possibly move the sodas up. At this point, it looks like we have to wait for Jspoelstra's opinion on where to go with the background. I'm thinking maybe we wait to see if he's interested in a plain metal background like the one you suggested. 126.96.36.199 04:45, January 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hey 114, I'm tweaking the banner at the moment, but something eludes me. How did you manage to scale down the banner I gave you, but still maintain such a high resolution? When I tried to upload a proper 250x65 image, the quality suffered dramatically. Doc Incognito 03:09, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Never mind, I just unlocked the secret. Doc Incognito 04:17, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
Logo Contest. Edit
Probably best to have your entry version(s) on this wiki. If you can, it would help if you could create a blog or sandbox entry displaying how you'd like your entry to display on the vote page that I can cut/copy from for the vote page... And if you haven't already , make sure you've read the voting rules Vote opens 0001GMT 20 Jan. Agent c 03:20, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Do you mean that, once I upload the images to this wiki, I should take a screenshot of the test wiki, which will be shown along my entries during voting? Doc Incognito 03:23, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Oh wait, I think I see what you mean. On a related note, I just discovered that we all have blogs! The wonders of wikias. I will make that blog post tonight, in all likelihood, just to be sure I get everything in under the deadline. Doc Incognito 03:33, January 19, 2012 (UTC)
That's funny you didn't like the cap it's a silhouette of yours.:)--Carinth 22:36, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Well, I have three issues: 1. The colors are so distorted as to be appear to not change at all. 2. The logo is distended. 3. You mean to say that you took my logo, used it as a template, and passed the result off as entirely your own creative work? I do not appreciate that. Doc Incognito 22:57, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
The bottle logo at the top of the submissions is done from a silhouette, your cap is nothing more than a scan from the underside of a pop shop cap, no rules against silhouettes, its just using a shadow to create based on a shape.--188.8.131.52 23:03, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I think what Doc was saying is that he doesn't appreciate his work being taken and passed off for someone else's, with minor changes, and without giving him any credit for it. You must see how that's unfair on Doc. 184.108.40.206 23:07, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- You are correct: there is no rule about using the outline of a shape to create your entry; after all, that's how many of them work out. I disagree with the fact that you imported a submission to this contest into Photoshop, and altered it for use in your own submission.
- And I'm flattered that you think my bottle cap is a scan; it's just vector images, textures, and special effects. Doc Incognito 23:09, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
Well actually creating a silhouette only requires the original to create a shadow layer then it is disposed of, it is not the content of the pic merely its shape. As well aren't many of the caps copyrighted scanned images of real caps? These appear to be the only actual designed ones, the others are already copyrighted designs being borrowed.--220.127.116.11 23:17, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- No point in starting an argument. He voted no on a logo, just like many other people did. There's no need to persecute this particular user for his opinion. 18.104.22.168 23:19, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
Hey you mentioned you use photoshop, you maybe interested in this site. Has some really good stuff. http://sixrevisions.com/resources/icon-design-tutorials/ and it started as a joke, said it was funny, no harm intended. I was willing to give any credit to the caps shape based on your avatar logo, i'll change it if you like or withdraw any with the cap if you want, I prefer peaceful solutions. --22.214.171.124 23:51, January 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm not here to start a fight. I'm merely stating my displeasure. You may do as you please. Doc Incognito 00:14, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
I am sorry about earlier had I known your reaction I would have never used an avatar silhouette. I have created a new cap and replaced all my billboard logo's with the new one. I am sincerely apologetic, honestly thought it was a scan. No hard feelings.--Carinth 01:36, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
- I've always found that one of the hardest things to say is, "I'm sorry". Many thanks, Carinth, and best of luck in the competition. Doc Incognito 01:54, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks for asking first.
I'd have to see the logo to be sure, but these are my thoughts on the face of it:
On one hand, it could be argued its a colour change, which I'm supposed to block.
On the other hand; your entry is clearly labeled "Rust Red" - how can making it "Rustier" be a concept change; in addition the community's feedback so far seems to be "Not enough rust".
In Principle, I'd be inclined to allow the change as the concept hasn't changed; However it may depend on exactly how much rust we're talking, and how close it resembles the original entry; if you can drop me the finished piece, I'll give the official okey-dokey. Agent c 14:50, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Many thanks. I'll upload that within the hour. Doc Incognito 22:03, January 21, 2012 (UTC)
Friends list, eh? I might add myself, if you don't have any problem with it. 126.96.36.199 05:13, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I would be honored to have you, 114. Doc Incognito 05:16, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
There you go, pal. Did I ever tell you I'm a moderator? I don't exactly moderate these days anymore, hence the reason I don't bother logging in. 188.8.131.52 05:18, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks, man. No, I had no idea you were a mod. So I suppose anonymity has its benefits, huh? Doc Incognito 05:19, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Yeah, to be fair, your IP address marks you as pretty distinct. Doc Incognito 05:24, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Yep, good ol' 114. I think it's actually the four 7s that makes me so obvious. Anyway, I'll catch you later. 184.108.40.206 05:29, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- Have a great night / day, m'friend. Doc Incognito 05:36, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
Vote Close Edit
I'm sorry the vote had to close, as your design clearly had a lot of support. I do hope you stick around, as you're clearly an asset to the wiki. Agent c 23:14, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm sorry too. You've done great work and must have invested a lot of time in creating your logos. But this has gotten way out of control and a decision about it needs to be taken now. Two months occupying so many users with just a name and a logo and without even the end in sight is way too long. Jspoel 23:27, January 22, 2012 (UTC)
It would be greatly appreciated. Edit
- I'll send you the link to my sandbox once I'm finished! I have a feeling you're more artistically aware than I am. ;) I'll leave it up to your discretion what you think would look best. I'm sure I'll love whatever you come up with! Skål! 02:12, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
- Also, feel free to share any ideas you might have. I think I have most of my first version finished, but I could always use future ideas! Skål! 02:14, January 23, 2012 (UTC)
You've been featured! Edit
- Hmm... I'm not entirely sure to be honest. Just send me any examples you come up with and we'll talk about whether anything should be changed or not. You should be! You put a lot of hard work and effort into the logo poll and you're helping me out a great bit by doing this for me. Skål! 02:56, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Take your time. I'm thinking of either putting it up on Wednesday or Friday. Have a good night though and see you soon. Skål! 03:08, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good to me! You can also link to the Tactical Nuclear Penguin if you want to mess around with people. ;) How's the logo going btw, my good chum? :D Skål! 17:57, January 24, 2012 (UTC
- Sounds like a plan! Do you think you'll be done by tomorrow? I'll postpone until Friday if you need more time. Skål! 20:46, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Excellent! The radiation glow would be a good idea. (Maybe mix the colours near the end for a distortion effect.) And I'm thinking sans serif would be my personal preference. Skål! 22:51, January 24, 2012 (UTC)
Temporary Delay Edit
No worries! If you have the time, check out my first sandbox again and tell me what you think. It's pretty much done now, just needing the logo! Skål! 06:08, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Thank you for the congratulations btw! Skål! 06:09, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Absolutely! That's the entire reason why I'm featuring you after all. :') Skål! 06:15, January 25, 2012 (UTC)
Looks pretty damn good. Check out the blog I put up today and let me know where you think it'd look best. Skål! 04:30, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I think it looks perfect. Any chance we can get a second version with a blank background though? Have that version minimized for use on more minor pages to show affiliation towards SNM. Skål! 04:48, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- One more issue... can you make the original image a tad smaller? It overlaps the page at the moment. Skål! 04:57, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Not that at all! I just don't like to step on people's toes who happen to be doing a favor for me. ;) Skål! 05:03, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Still a little over-stretched. Check out my blog to get a grasp at how much. Skål! 05:22, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- Perfect! Thanks a bunch for your hard work and skills. Skål! 05:33, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
You'll be the first person I consider! That sounds like a wonderful idea though. Think you could do something once a week for the lucky winners? ;D We'd have to implement that idea later if viewers and participants don't start picking up this week. :( Having to wait for Clyde to give me the go for adding SNM into the news category is sort of making it hard for people to find it I think. Skål! 05:42, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I hope that's the case. Hmm. How about every week I'll ask you if you're up for throwing in an extra prize for winning the weekly challenges? No pressure on you and you can choose if you want to do it whenever it would be fun for you. :D Skål! 05:49, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll add your proposition to SNM then! Have a good night though. Once again, I appreciate your contributions towards SNM. I'll be looking forward to future interactions with each other over the matter. :3 Skål! 05:57, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
Other than maybe placing a few on your userpage I wouldn't really know a use. But your efforts have for certain not be in vain. I'm not sure if you hadn't come up with that bottlecap idea (you were before Sirota with the bottlecap idea right?) we would have ended up with a bottlecap logo. Sirota's version was better and I've used your lettering font too (Nukapedia). And I have to doublecheck this with the admins but I'm happy with the favicon and will suggest we use it. And you've made a good name for yourself, Garoux is asking for your help already. Jspoel 14:22, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
- I will remember that. Just saw your Strategic Nuclear Moose image. Very nice. It's good to have creative member on board. Jspoel 14:29, January 26, 2012 (UTC)
I <3 SNMEdit
- Most people call me Yessie or Rob. I don't really mind, whatever you prefer! 01:17, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Hm. It shows up fine for me. Try refreshing your page. Also, sometimes it takes a while for blogs to appear, and you might need to wait for the next day until they show up. 01:39, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- That's okay, I copied my signature off Cartman's. 01:54, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I can always find a use for your work on SNM! I'll add a link to your blog in just a moment. I was wondering though... I have been wracking my brain lately wondering if it might be a good idea to add second party influences into SNM. Would you be interested in such a position? I guess an example is to have someone with their own article to write a section on the page of the week. Sort of like how they do it here. Or maybe even finding someone who can write a weekly text adventure series. I'm mostly just looking to expand! I want to try and get as many people involved as possible. Skål! 02:04, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- I'm actually thinking about changing it to every 2 weeks if you think that'd help. (Plus, there's no obligation to add something new with every edition. All second party content is strictly voluntary and extra flavour.) That would be wonderful though if you could pick that one up! Hmm... maybe about the Puppet Man? Or maybe we could stick to tradition and make it about a little Vault dweller who's taking his/her first steps into the wasteland. Skål! 02:22, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Of course. Any second-party articles are personalized as the contributer sees fit. Skål! 02:31, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
- Hmm. I'll probably just go ahead and update to the second edition on Wednesday. Haven't gotten much attention yet so certain aspects like the weekly challenge and the poll won't be changed until the third edition. Skål! 02:39, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Your very own sandbox! Edit
- I'm very interested to see what you come up with. :3 Skål! 03:01, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Likewise. :D It's been a pleasure working with you lately. Skål! 03:21, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you Edit
Hi Doc! I just wanted to drop by and say thanks for your positive and helpful attitude, especially with the entire logo poll fiasco. If you have any questions or anything, just post on my talk page. -ΣΔLet's talk! 16:54, January 28, 2012 (UTC)
Ah! Thanks for reminding me about that. Just send me an opening paragraph and I'll add it into SNM. As for the next edition, I'll be updating this Sunday and there will be a new edition every other weekend from that point on. Very good work though! Your memoirs will be a great addition! Skål! 00:11, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Time is no problem at all. Just let me know when you're done and I'll update accordingly. Just give me a guesstimation on how long you think it'll take and I'll put a date up to let everyone know. Just an opening statement introducing your journal writing persona and why you're sharing your memoirs with your fellow patrons. Skål! 01:36, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
Vault Boy Avatar Edit
Hi Doc, was wondering if you could help me with something. I'm trying to make my avatar look more like the Vaultboys on the Fallout 1/2 character screen like here the yellowing aging paper and the aging ink, but with my skills I can't do it in a way that doesnt look like crap. Any ideas on how I could pull it off? Thanks. Agent c 23:39, February 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Unfortuately I don't, it was a quick and dirty cut/paste job. Agent c 00:07, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks Doc. Agent c 09:24, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
I added a small bio of my own as a placeholder for you. Check it out when you get the chance and let me know if you'd rather put something of your own up instead of mine. :3 Also, it's optional but I was wondering if you could find a picture to add into the bio like the one Yessie used for Marcus. Just an extra touch I thought would be nice but it's up to you. :3 Skål! 04:41, February 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes, that's exactly what I will be doing. By the way, I'll be announcing winners to the info-box challenge later in the night. Just wanted to find out from you before I make the next challenge if you're up for another winner's request or if you'd rather take a break this edition. Skål! 22:53, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Looks good! I'll put it up right now. Skål! 22:54, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
50's Style Logo Edit
Seen as you seem to be the man to ask for logos, I was wondering if you could make one for the text adventure I'm doing for Leon's SNM? I was hoping for something like the fifties movies title screens if you know what I mean (Slanted Writing, black and white, mildly grainy), but I'll do it myself if you don't want to :). Also, if it helps, the Character has been dubbed 'The Hunter'. Þe Guardian/My talk page-[Via the bot] 23:35, February 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe something like this:  or this . The second one would be better, but I fear would be too much work, especially getting appropriate pictures. As for the title, it is 'Fallout: Lone Star State - A Text Adventure'. Lastly, a square one would be better because a banner would be too stretched to look like a title slide :). Thanks a lot Doc, I appreciate this. κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 00:29, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
Yes, greyscale would be best please :). Sounds good to me going with the first; I started to lean towards that after I posted to you. As for the image, it's good, but doesn't feel very 'Texan' and I don't think it would have the same wow factor that it has without colour. κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 00:52, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- I'd prefer it if it was not created by a game engine if that's okay? I'd like it to be more natural κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 01:03, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- No no, not apprehensive, polite :D. Erm, I don't really like that one much either. Not really much going on, it's just a mountian in the mid-ground (no plains before.plants/anything, completely blank sky and a disinteresting mountian). I was thinking plains, maybe some shrubbery with an interesting sky (stars or a nice cloud formation). κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 01:35, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Actually, I like the fonts. I think they work well. However, could the Lone Star bit maybe be slanted? It's just it would seem more 'familar' then. And I don't think that havin the 'A text adventure' bit looks all that great now, even though I asked for it. And lastly (sorry), I was wondering if you could intro duce a *very slight* film grain effect? Thanks again. κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 12:27, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
- Maybe around 30 degrees? And also, you could make it so that the text is going towards a 'vanishing point' as in getting smaller as it goes towards the right hand side of the logo. You see what I mean? κηδεμόνας [~μιλώ~] 23:54, February 5, 2012 (UTC)
1st Prize contest Logo Edit
GarouxBloodline told me I should submit this to you for the 1st prize info box contest winner Logo.
Thanks allot Doc !
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 06:03, February 6, 2012 (UTC)
I must have misunderstood what GarouxBloodline's 1st prize info box contest winner Logo was. I thought is was a mini banner or some such that was just for this wiki relating to the contest.
It's cool. I'm just happy folks liked Major Tom almost as I do. Thanks for yer time Brother Doc
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 02:35, February 7, 2012 (UTC)
Here is all I know : GarouxBloodline had an info box contest , I entered Major Tom as seen in the lower 1/2 of my user page. GarouxBloodline then said Major Tom was chosen as first place and so as GarouxBloodline requested I am here. I guess the point would be a banner with a creative representation of my coat of arms & some message on the banner that relates to GarouxBloodline's completion.. GarouxBloodline might be the best one to ask for details M8 ~ I've seen your work, What ever y'all come up with, I am sure it will be awesome ~;) Have fun with it !
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 01:27, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
Free Request Edit
Hmm. It looks like I need to clarify upon the rules towards what a free request from you means. Let me know what limits you would like to place on what winners can ask from you. Skål! 01:28, February 8, 2012 (UTC)
No Sweat... There's no hurry or anyhting. Agent c 16:31, February 9, 2012 (UTC)
You've disappeared on us, friend. I hope to see you back here sometime soon! Skål! 07:36, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Welcome Back! Edit
While I'm not happy to hear that life is playing hard-ball with you, I am nevertheless happy to hear that you are healthy and well! Don't feel obligated to do anything though if there's more important matters in the real world calling for your attention. Anyways, it's good to hear from you again and I hope to see you active around here again soon. ^^ Skål! 16:25, March 24, 2012 (UTC)
Re-vamp EditHey there Doc! Just letting you know that I am running a completely over-haul of SNM and one of the aspects being changed is the look for our patrons. I know you're on a hiatus at the moment, so I went through the liberties of providing you with a basic template. When you get back, you're absolutely free to change any parts of it to suit your preferences. :) If you want a look at what I've come up with so far, I'll go ahead and provide it for you:
Skål! 04:45, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- Hope it's to your liking. :) I can also add in some more dialogue bars for you if you'd like. Skål! 15:08, March 31, 2012 (UTC)
- That's okay, go enjoy yourself and catch-up in the real world. :P I might have to take you up on the PS offer though! Made a lot of changes, so I might have need of your skills again in the future! Skål! 21:53, April 6, 2012 (UTC)
I am in need of your skills again! Let me know when you're free next. :) Skål! 09:11, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Doc, long time no see, how are things? Shame we don't see you around more.
Wondering if I could get your advice. I'm looking to make a parody of an old TV ident... Specifically this one, going to replace it with a ruined cityscape. In the bad old days they did this by taking the core logo and mirroring it with some aluminium... But I'm looking for an eaiser, more modern solution. Not sure if your experience covers animation stuff, but is there anything program you can suggest that might do the job for the artistically challenged? Thanks. Agent c 23:53, May 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Just been thinking about this Doc. I'm still trying to get this idea going, but I havent been able to sort a cityscape yet... basically I'm looking at a montage of Fallout Landmarks in a similar style (The Master's Cathederal, Washington Monument, Congress, Lucky38, Golden Gate Bridge, and a few others). Was wondering what the going rate is for a commision and if this is something you may be able to do. Agent c 21:14, June 19, 2012 (UTC)
- Yes its the Thames logo thing. Just realised that Montage probably isnt the right word. I have a rough idea of what I was hoping for, but not sure if its all doable. Will post a sorta idealised plan later. Agent c 11:46, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Welcome back Edit
Hey, Doc, good to see you back. I don't have any paid commisions :P, but I do respect your keen eye for design and color. If you get the chance, maybe you could take a look at [[User_blog:The_Gunny/Color_test_page]] and give me your opinion? 22:42, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Doc. Good to see you back. I'll see what I can do. Agent c 22:50, June 18, 2012 (UTC)
Hola, Doc. Nice to see you round again.
I'm fairly sure you're allowed to move pages over to the Spanish Fallout Wiki because:
- There's that Creative Commons share-alike thingie that means anything published on Wikia is public unless otherwise stated so.
- El Refugio is, to my understanding, a part of Nukapedia/The Vault, so it's not like you'll be stealing anything because it ends up with the same owners.
- It's no biggie because the info is going to be the same in the end anyway.
That's my take on it. Although I'm not 100% certain; before doing anything, make sure you run it by Kingclyde or Jspoelstra, the bureaucrats. And if you do copy over a page, make sure to manually copy the old page's revision history and paste in onto the new page's talk page. Phew, I said page too many times in that sentence, didn't I? Anyway, good luck with El Refugio, and glad to see you're still hanging around :) 07:30, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Clyde is going to be inactive for around 2 weeks. There's really no point - you can just directly copy the page content as I do for the Chinese Fallout Wiki. --Skire (talk) 15:07, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Sweet, new greek letters!!--Kingclyde 10:11, June 27, 2012 (UTC)
Sorry I didn't get back to you on that. I was originally wanting to see if you could cook up a banner for the Domain I set up for the Moose. Unfortunately for the Moose, I've decided I need to get a move-on with my life. I will be releasing two more editions, and then I will be leaving Nukapedia for awhile. If you're still around when I officially come back, I will be more than happy to hire you on again. :) Ah! One other thing though: Saint was wondering if that free icon offer was still up or not Skål! 15:27, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
- I explained the situation to him and he understands. :) You know, I will be putting the Moose up for grabs. I'm sure whoever takes over would love to have your skills available. :) Skål! 15:36, June 20, 2012 (UTC)
Icon from the Moose Info Box challenge Edit
Thanks for be'n there.
- It should be all about Major Tom ~ Some days I think he imagined me ~;D
I trust your skills, just feature Major Tom ~ & please have fun with it Brother!
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 00:01, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
No need to reply. I am not here to interrupt.
- Just wanted you to know I got your last message. I trust your skills.
- Just tell me when your magic is Done. I am sure it will be EPIC.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 20:43, June 21, 2012 (UTC)
Cool Monkeys Doc. They look semi Art Deco like a stained glass window. I knew I could trust to leave you as much created freedom as possible.
- Have fun with it Doc.
SaintPain→ That was broke afore I got here. 02:41, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
Your help requested Edit
Hey Doc. Do you mind helping me out a little bit, as an artistic consultant of sorts? At the Chinese Fallout Wiki I have been thinking of themes to implement on the site, as in mainly colour schemes. I was wondering if you could just give me some advice as to what may be visually appealing but also somehow related to or reminiscent of a post-apocalyptic setting. There are colours for background, text, buttons etc. You can send me the HEX values of colours you think would work. I know this is kind of out-of-the-blue and not too detailed, so feel free to send me questions, should you be interested. --Skire (talk) 16:58, July 14, 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks a lot Doc! They look fantastic! I'm going to have to think about which set to use - you can take a look at the Chinese Fallout Wiki in a bit and it should be up. Thanks again =) --Skire (talk) 20:14, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
Junk Idol/Fallout: ApprenticeEdit
Yo Doc. The starters flag has now dropped on Fallout: The Apprentice. You can find the first challenge and the full rules User:Agent_c/sandboxJunkIdol; Due date for challenge is currently 2nd of Aug, but let us know if you have any issues with that and we can probably extend it. Agent c (talk) 23:03, July 25, 2012 (UTC)
Yep; Wiki time also seems to be the one that appears in signatures too. Don't sweat too much about the exact time, I'm not intending to leave anyone behind on the first challenge and extensions will be forthcoming. Agent c (talk) 19:55, July 26, 2012 (UTC)
- None at all. I believe that one of the other contestants yet to post is planning something similar. Post in whatever format you think puts the idea across the best. I'm in chat for the next 2hrs or so if you need any wiki-side help. Agent c (talk) 00:04, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Just to let you know there's an indefinite extension going on. Two contestants haven't posted, one I'm in contact with (Miss Nic) and have agreed an indefinite extension, the other (Crimson Frankie) I've not heard from at all. If I don't hear from Frankie by the time Miss Nic is ready we'll proceed at that point but cut one round, and give more time on the challenges. In the meantime please feel free to make any changes you desire to your entry. Agent c (talk) 10:28, August 2, 2012 (UTC).
Hi Doc, to fill the gaps Denis517 has joined the game, taking us back to 6 and at the moment he has up to a week to construct his entry but we'll "go" when he and Nic are ready - unless we somehow get a 7th again or something. I'll still do a preview blog tonight announcing the game and first challenge to the world and I'll give the 2nd challenge to contestants when we have all players in. Feel free to tweak your entry until informed of close. In the event you're going to be away from the wiki or something in the coming weeks, let me know and I can give a head start in some cases. Agent c (talk) 16:09, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Doc, just to let you know I'm officially setting the finishing line for Challenge 1 in 23 hours, 17 minutes time. Out of the 9 expected entries, I have 8, and either the 9th makes it, or doesn't. You can keep editing right up until that point if you desire, but after that it's up to the judges. Agent c (talk) 00:43, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
Just wating for the other judges for Round 1... You can see the updated schedule, and the next challenge here I'll be keeping this page as the official contestant page, so if you have any questions, post em here as a title and I'll answer it. Agent c (talk) 23:06, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Doc, thanks for joining in on Fallout Apprentice. Sadly the people have spoken, and by just a single vote you've been eliminated. If you have a chat with Leon, he'll be able to arrange a prize for you. Feel free to join in on the Home viewer contest, and comment on the other entries as they come in. Agent c (talk) 22:11, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Business Proposition Edit
Let me know when you're on next! I'd like to get you into chat so I can run a few ideas by you. Hope to hear from you soon! Skål! 01:42, August 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Can you jump into chat again? :) Skål! 04:24, August 8, 2012 (UTC)
Hi Doc, long time no see. I know you're busy with school and stuff, but I was wondering if you might have time to do an Interview for the Apprentice Finale with some of the other contestants. It would be Friday (into Saturday) 0000GMT wiki time. Hope you can make it. Agent c (talk) 21:18, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
- I'll double check, but it seems about right. Plan is to come into chat at that time and we'll arrange things from there. There's going to be a few series of interviews, so at the moment you'll be in with Ever, Denis, and if dreams really do come true, Yessie (Sadly he has been AWOL....). Agent c (talk) 15:11, October 25, 2012 (UTC)
Ehh, what's up doc? -munches carrot- "Talk to me, somepony. ;)"
Hey, Bryce, I was wondering what programs you use to edit your photos and such, because it looks awesome, and I am genuinely interested in making my own. If you could tell me sometime, and maybe provide a link, that'd be awesome. Thanks. "Semper Invictus" 02:06, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, man, I'm definitely gonna snatch at that trial, and if you could size down the picture so I could use it for my avatar, that'd be awesome, Doc, thanks! "Semper Invictus" 06:47, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Doc, if able to, crop parts out so that the word "Gunner" can still be in the gun. I'd like that part to be visible. Thanks for making it, too. "Semper Invictus" 16:53, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: Apprentice awardEdit
Good job with the artwork, Doc!
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For competing in the 1st season of Fallout: Apprentice! "Semper Invictus" 13:43, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
|This user participated in the 2012 edition of Fallout:The Apprentice.|
Hey Doc Incognito! I made ^that userbox a while ago, but now have just decided to hand it out to participants now. The link goes to the Preview Show that Chad put together so we will always know the overall. Feel free to use it, but if you don't, it wouldn't hurt me feelings any ahah. See yea around Doc Incognito! Yours Always; -- The Old World Relics (talk) 15:15, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
Is there any way you could shrink the file size, it says it's too big to use as an avatar. I love the diagonal one though, Doc. Thank you! "Semper Invictus" 03:13, October 29, 2012 (UTC)
Award Userbox Edit
|This user made a special contribution in helping work on the logo for Fallout:The Apprentice.|
Hi Doc, The JunkRadio stuff is over at The JunkRadio Wiki; its not much at the moment, but we have some programme concepts (the two dramas are just brief outlines - I know Frankie is working on a 3 or 4 part script for his, but the Gameshow BlackJack is pretty much ready to go if I can get enough people and a decent question list). You're welcome to contribute any ideas, and if you're willing to contibute a voice or any other skills let us know. Agent c (talk) 01:20, November 3, 2012 (UTC)
- Great Doc. I'm hoping Frankie will be ready for casting soon... But I was wondering if host of BlackJack might interest you as I think your accent might work well for it. Agent c (talk) 15:51, November 4, 2012 (UTC)
- Are you free to record BlackJack next weekend? Agent c (talk) 14:37, November 24, 2012 (UTC)
- Probably about midnight wiki time on either Fri (Your time, so just going into sat for me), or Sat (so becoming Sunday for me). I'm hoping to have 3 contestants, Dead Gunner, CC9910 and Miss Nicolle, and I'll do VO. Will have a detailed breakdown on how things will work. Agent c (talk) 23:28, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Sorry Doc, I didn't manage to clear as much as I hoped this week, Can you make next weekend, either the Friday or sat? Agent c (talk) 17:25, December 1, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi, looks like we keep missing this. This friday good?Agent c (talk) 16:04, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
- Okay, Will 21st work? Agent c (talk) 21:16, December 12, 2012 (UTC)
Background image Edit
I would love to somehow tie in the Nuka-Cola themed wordmark to the site background image. We're restrained a bit, in that the survey clearly showed folks wanted a "Vault" themed background image. I think what might work would be to see if you can find a decent screenshot inside one of the vaults that shows a Nuka-Cola machine, perhaps with the machine on one side of the image? Off the top of my head, I think Vault 21 has a Nuka-Cola machine in it, doesn't it? 19:25, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- 21:19, November 25, 2012 (UTC)
- Well let me know if you have any specific place you want an image of. I can produce high resolution images at 1920x1080px. I could upload them and you could do your magic on them. Another spot I was kinda kicking around in my head would be a shot like you're looking out of the overseer's office window in Vault 101. I'll have to check that to see what it looks like. 03:15, November 26, 2012 (UTC)
Merry Christmas! Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
You honestly do some of the best art I have ever seen! Merry Christmas Doc and hope to see you around more in the New Year! -- "Those Old World Relics still stand..." 05:59, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Doc Incognito! Yours Always; -- "Those Old World Relics still stand..." 05:59, December 24, 2012 (UTC)
Happy new year Doc... good to see you back again. Had half an idea about maybe using the Galaxy News Network logo with the words instead saying "Breaking news" or something...Agent c (talk) 22:34, January 10, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, you around still? Could use a bit of help with something. Some Assembly Required! 02:35, July 30, 2013 (UTC)
Would like to use it for a shirt! Edit
Hey there I found your static nuke moose art through looking for a moose icon for a shirt I am making for Second Life. I was wondering if I could use it on a shirt I am making for a friend?
220.127.116.11 04:49, January 18, 2014 (UTC)