| ||Archives: #1|
That’s about it. The Arroyo Talk wishes all the best to you.
Great! I'm going to talk to J about further issues (strange he didn't replied). And I saw your images - they are impressive, but try to have one character on the image (unless it is a group, like Hub citizen). Energy X ∞ 08:59, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
I moved your archived talkpage back to /Archive 1 and deleted /Archive 2, so all is good again. Jspoel 11:21, July 11, 2012 (UTC)
1 year Edit
Hi Crimson Frankie. I know we have had run ins before and i would like to say sorry for them. I was also wondering, what are the qualifications for being an admin and if i have them could you suggest me?
Thatguy321 Monday July 16 4:58pm 2012 (UTC)
Hi, so i put my name down on the page you suggested. What exactly happens now? and how long does it take? Thatguy321 Monday July 16 8:07pm 2012 (UTC)
- Brill. Take a look at this little contest I'm in on another site and then User:Agent_c/sandboxJunkIdol this short summary of what I'm looking to do for a Fallout version for the 15th years of Fallout season. I'd be looking at a new challenge every 2 weeks, with the main game contestants by invitation only (if there's a second run I'll consider opening it up). Are you interested in playing? Agent c (talk) 12:24, July 22, 2012 (UTC)
Hi, The starters flag has now dropped on Fallout: The Apprentice. You can find the first challenge and the full rules on the link above; Due date for challenge is currently 2nd of Aug, but let us know if you have any issues with that and we can probably extend it. Just to let you know, We're calling official close as midday wiki time/GMT but its flexible, so if you need more time let me know. Agent c (talk) 13:00, July 26, 2012 (UTC) Hey Frankie, just checking in and making sure alls okay for your apprentice Entry and if you need any more time. Agent c (talk) 22:22, August 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Frankie, just checking in as we're now 90 mins away from the intended close time. Please let me know what your status is ASAP. We do have one other contestant who needs more time so there is at the moment an indefinite extension, but if I haven't heard from you by the time they're ready we will have to progress without you. Agent c (talk) 10:30, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
- Not a problem, we've just had to extend the family a bit just in case so I'm going to have to add some more challenges I think. We're waiting on 3 folk now, and I've given them up to a week, but will close when they say done. Feel free to make any changes you like until then. Agent c (talk) 23:11, August 2, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Crimson, just to let you know I'm officially setting the finishing line for Challenge 1 in 23 hours, 17 minutes time. Out of the 9 expected entries, I have 8, and either the 9th makes it, or doesn't. You can keep editing right up until that point if you desire, but after that it's up to the judges. Agent c (talk) 00:44, August 9, 2012 (UTC)
Just wating for the other judges for Round 1... You can see the updated schedule, and the next challenge here I'll be keeping this page as the official contestant page, so if you have any questions, post em here as a title and I'll answer it. Agent c (talk) 23:06, August 10, 2012 (UTC)
- Hi Frankie, just checking in to see if the next challenge is going to schedule, and if you need anything from me. Agent c (talk) 22:19, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
An unusual... situationEdit
Since you are a fellow Fallout 1/2 fan, I can give you this link - http://creamofplenty.blogspot.com/2011/12/fallout-2s-auger-quest.html That is to say, are there any comparisons with that Fallout 2 version and the Fallout 2 version with Restoration Pack? Energy X ∞ 08:53, August 14, 2012 (UTC)
Oh sorry, didn't tell you it is fake info. Yeah, it is fan fic, though I have to say it would make quite a story... maybe even for your blog (Forgotten names of despair). Energy X ∞ 22:51, August 17, 2012 (UTC)
Great. Well, can you bring some quotes on this page (only the End gane quotes)? Leon told me that he would have done it, but seems to me he forgot. Can you update it?
- As a side note, I highly suggest for you to read the rest of the quotes. You will laugh at those quotes, believe me. Energy X ∞ 20:23, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Great! Thanks for the quotes. One thing however... the image you posted are a different kind of prostitutes (they are in Cat's Paw and say different lines than New Reno prostiutes, hence there was only one character model (to simplify, New Reno prostitutes are outside Cat's Paw)). Energy X ∞ 20:53, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
- Made the Cat's Paw prostitutes. You can have the quotes there updated. The Cat's Paw prostitutes don't have the same lines as New Reno prostitutes (when becoming Prizefighter, for example, most of New Reno people will know the Chosen One, but the Cat's Paw prostitutes will not). Energy X ∞ 21:09, August 20, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, man. I'm working on it right now, and I'm trying to reconstruct what was lost. Also, my pretty poster was accidentally deleted! I'm looking to see if it can be restored, but worse comes to worst I just make a new one. Seems like this challenge is cursed or something ;) 07:26, August 23, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Frankie, Just waiting on the other 2 judges before I can post the results up. However if you'd like a sneak peak at challenge 3 Its up now. I'm planning on changing the place of submission to this page, rather than my TP. Good luck with challenge 2, and presuming the results go your way, hope you enjoy 3. Agent c (talk) 21:39, August 24, 2012 (UTC)
Hi. Can I have your view on Forum:Race and characters categorization? I like to go ahead with it without vote, but before doing that I want a little more feedback on it. Voting would only postpone things unnecessarily I think. And it's more of an administrative action. Jspoel 20:46, August 26, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: Apprentice Edit
Great job touching up that image. :) Chad had asked me to put the original on my shirts that I'll be giving away as prizes, so now I'll definitely have to add yours in. :) (Along with credit, naturally.) Some Assembly Required! 19:40, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Frankie, just checking in that everything is going good on this weeks entry. Time due is currently 23:59UTC Wednesday. You'll find a clock showing local and UTC time on the contestant's page. Agent c (talk) 23:55, September 1, 2012 (UTC)
Other than OWR who requested (and was given) an extension, 2 players have broken deadline this week.
Presuming their entry and a reason for delay and non contact isn't recieved in the next 24 hours, then this round will take a slightly different form.
- There will not be a further elimination (beyond those who forfeited)
- Judges will not be ranking entries, but will be offering critiques.
- There will still be a vote, but the vote will instead be for the winner of the round, and the limited immunity.
- Hey Frankie, the Good news is, Dead Gunner is back. The sad news is Ever Ruler wont be continuing as he's had to pull out, so there wont be a vote to eliminate, but a vote to pass on Immunity. I've posted the next challenge to the Junk Idol page - if you can post the challenge there when you're done that will be awesome, you'll also find a Wiki time clock there too. There is an extra day added in this time however reading the spec right is essential otherwise you'll find yourself doing a lot of unnecessary work. Hail me down in chat if you need me to clear it up. I'm thinking of making the 15 year challenge a double elimination. Any thoughts on that will be greatly appreciated. Agent c (talk) 23:43, September 6, 2012 (UTC)
Thanks, I've been using this wiki for so long that I decided to start contributing. Oh yea thanks for the heads up, it won't happen again :)
Hi Frankie, Next challenge is up. I'm concerned about the regular overrunning of Deadline so I'm not posting a deadline just yet, but want to hear from everyone on the subject. How does a week from thursday sound, will you have any issues? Agent c (talk) 15:33, September 22, 2012 (UTC)
Moosy Moosy Moosy Edit
Hey Frankie! Just letting you know that the Patron's Lounge has moved into the fora space. The Moose will no longer be released in editions, and will now rely on updates which will brought to the community's attention through the SNM Discussion Board. Which of course means that you can now update your Patron whenever you wish! With this recent renovation, I would like to ask of you to advertise your Patron a bit and maybe even update to help bring community awareness back into the Lounge. Thanks for reading, Frankie. :) Some Assembly Required! 23:24, October 3, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Frankie. Any chance you can come into chat about the same time as we talked yesterday? Need to go over the grand final info in real time with all 3 of you. Agent c (talk) 07:50, October 5, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, Frankie! I was wondering if you would like to upload an electronic signature? I am currently creating the Grand Prize for Chad's Fallout: Apprentice, and I am wanting to create a plaque that has all of the consenting leadership's signatures and thanks on it! Some Assembly Required! 14:29, October 15, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: The Apprentice Finale Edit
Well, Frankie, it has come down to you, myself, and Fallout 4. I must say, it has been the greatest of pleasures to be a part of this challenge. I can tell you, that all those weeks ago now, when I saw who would be my competitors in this challenge, I never expected to come this far. After the first challenge, when I saw the the level of everybody's entries I thought to myself, "Eh, I'll last a few weeks, have fun, then be back to normal". But as the weeks went by, and I escaped vote after vote, I became more confident. I started telling myself "Hey, I might actually have a change". This was shot down each time I saw the amazing caliber of your entries ;)
Alas, moving on, as soon as I saw the final 3 of us - You, myself and Fraze - I thought for sure that that was my end. But yet again, I some how found a way to make it past that vote. So, here we are Frankie, it falls to you and myself. I'd just like to say it's been an honour to compete against you and all those other great artists. As the finale draws near, I wish you the best of luck, and may the best man win!
Yours Always; -- "This is my road, you'll walk it as I say" 16:28, October 16, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Frankie, I'm looking to do some voice interviews for the Apprentice on Friday. Will you be around? Agent c (talk) 01:07, October 17, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey, are we doing this interview tonight. We can hold it again till tomorrow if need be, just let me know. Agent c (talk) 00:24, October 21, 2012 (UTC)
- Hey Frankie, Just making sure you're on track for Friday 23:59 Wiki time. Timing on this one is important as I'm planning to have some former contestants comment on them via skype. Let me know if there are any issues. Agent c (talk) 21:22, October 22, 2012 (UTC)
Permaban reviews Edit
I'd like to get your input on Forum:Vote:_Permaban_Reviews, if you could. I've extended the vote for a day, as I feel it's a very important decision that will effect how we deal with bans. Please add your views if you could. 17:25, October 20, 2012 (UTC)
Hey Frankie. Just making sure you're going to be okay for the deadline in 24hrs... Also OWR has suggested both of you might want to critique each others entry (say a paragraph or so), how do you feel about that? Agent c (talk) 00:12, October 26, 2012 (UTC)
Fallout: Apprentice awardEdit
Good job with your entries, Frankie!
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
For competing in the 1st season of Fallout: Apprentice! "Semper Invictus" 13:42, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
|This user participated in the 2012 edition of Fallout:The Apprentice.|
Hey Crimson Frankie! I made ^that userbox a while ago, but now have just decided to hand it out to participants now. The link goes to the Preview Show that Chad put together so we will always know the overall. Feel free to use it, but if you don't, it wouldn't hurt me feelings any ahah. See yea around Crimson Frankie! Yours Always; -- The Old World Relics (talk) 15:19, October 27, 2012 (UTC)
Hey, saw your PM in chat when I woke up. To answer the question, unsure. I'm hoping to interview J and Lizzunchbox when I get home from work tonight, and potentially Leon too. Presuming I get at least J and George and all have had a chance to read and come up with some comments, I'll try and get it out not long afterwards... Then its just another week of watching the votes come in.... ;-) Agent c (talk) 11:47, October 28, 2012 (UTC)
Thank you. Edit
While the treacherous mutie tribals threw me off at first (:P), I wanted to thank you personally for the much needed picture additions to the Vertibird and Crashed Klamath Vertibird articles with the all too familiar scenery of Fallout 2 via screenies.
- It may not seem like much to most, but to me this was -much needed- and even helped make my day a little better seeing that old but gold nostalgia I take pride in dearly being added in kind to articles I keep a close watch on.
Sig Image vote Edit
A new bar!Edit
Hey Frankie, again congrats on winning the Apprentice contest! As a bureaucrats's reward we have decided to give you the honorary title of "Apprentice", which is shown in a new bar, next to you Patroller bar. Well done! Jspoel 00:55, November 8, 2012 (UTC)
Official Nukapedia notice Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
Tell me your credit card so I can buy you a present. Mkay? "Semper Invictus" 22:58, November 30, 2012 (UTC)
Fading bongs Edit
Hey Frankie, Happy birthday for the other day.
T'is alright. :) By the way, I need to speak with you soon. I had a bit of a rough patch this past month or so, but I am now just about ready to officially return to Nukapedia. You've been very patient, though, and it's about time you got your prize for winning the Apprentice, don't you think? ;) Some Assembly Required! 05:37, December 6, 2012 (UTC)
- No pressure at all! The hard part is already out of the way, what with me having all of the signatures together and formed into a single image. I just have to fit in onto the plaque, and then we'll have it sent your way. I understand what you mean. I feel awful not being active around here in the way that I wish I could be. Some Assembly Required! 05:58, December 6, 2012 (UTC)
I know its still a long way off, but I wrote up a draft of the opener for next years game... Would love any thoughts you had on it.
Thinking about a few challenges as well. I like the idea of putting the Fallout Movie treatment in there as one, and maybe the missing legion town from F:NV?
Hey Frankie, can you please go to the talk page of the link I added? Seems to me there are some papers from a password in San Fran, but can you verify? Energy X 20:20, December 11, 2012 (UTC)
Merry Christmas! Edit
Your efforts and diligence have not gone unnoticed, and you have been given a small token of appreciation.
In memory of your power of words of a Old/Future World, I hope you like the present. Merry Christmas Frankie! -- "Those Old World Relics still stand..." 03:12, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year Crimson Frankie! Yours Always; -- "Those Old World Relics still stand..." 03:12, December 23, 2012 (UTC)
Happy holidays Edit
Happy Holidays Edit
Christmas! Christmas! AHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHEdit
For Crimson Frankie, From Agent C
|You have been given a Christmas Gift|
Patroller blog Edit
Howdy. I made a blog covering some patroller/rollback stuff. Mostly things everybody knows already, but a few things there I wanted to make sure we were all on the same page about. Take a look at User_blog:The_Gunny/Admin_talk_-_Patrolling_and_rollback and let me know in the comments that you've had a chance to check it out. Thanks, 02:11, January 18, 2013 (UTC)
I've set out some proposed milestones for the New User Network. These are sort of optional (in that its where everyone should be heading, but the actual criteria are just suggested and mentees/mentors are free to come up with their own together). Please let me know what you think. Agent c (talk) 18:52, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
Hey, George, did you come back? We all missed you, even Chad is planning to get you as the judge of this year's Apprentice! Energy X 22:17, February 24, 2013 (UTC)
Hello, Frankie. This is a message that I will be circulating through Nukapedia's Sysops. A while back I had created a more suitable version of the Administrators' Discussion Board as an attempt to help regulate important matters that require immediate attention from the veteran users around Nukapedia. With Fallout 4 on the horizon, I would like to begin making this feature more widely embraced, so that we all are more comfortable and familiar with using it for when the time comes around that we'll need to look towards it the most. What I would like to see is for an example to be set for where certain matters should be discussed within our community, as well as creating an environment where users will know that their issues will be addressed in a timely and fair manner. What does this mean, exactly?
- Appropriate topics should be addressed within the ADB instead of the normal fora space. Not only is the ADB a general area to condense important topics, but it is also always kept at the top for easy access. (As well as having a place within the Community Messages.)
- All Administrators, Moderators, Patrollers, and Bureaucrats should make it a priority to check through the ADB at least once every few days or so. This is the duty of mantling the extra tools, after all, and is not too much to ask for.
- The ADB should make an appearance within new user's welcome message.
- If a topic within the fora has been made that is of significant importance and affects the wiki as a whole, these topics should be moved into the ADB.
- It is my hope that these requirements will help our community become more familiar with where they should go to have their grievances and ideas properly heard. Right now, the ADB has been largely ignored because the Sysops have also largely ignored it, and this is unacceptable at times when important matters such as this one are mostly by-passed except for a couple of people. With the chaos that is soon to come with the new title(s), all I am asking is for a bit of responsibility in making sure that we all recognize issues and ideas as they come up, and making sure that we do our parts in seeing them through. Thank you for reading, and I would greatly appreciate some feed-back. Once a general consensus has been reached, possible changes will be taken care of.
Some Assembly Required! 22:10, February 27, 2013 (UTC)
Separate Bug Policy Page Edit
I've added a little [section to the Apprentice] (Under your comments. I've only put something basic there for you, but if you have something more detailed in mind, let me know. Agent c (talk) 03:46, March 30, 2013 (UTC)
Forum discussion Edit
Hello Frankie. This is a message I will be rotating among Nukapedia's sysops and regular contributors. I would like your input on this forum. In an attempt to remove redundancy and confusion, I have proposed some tweaks to user rights, including the elimination of the moderator position. Thanks for your time, and let me know if you have any questions. nihil novi sub sole 09:33, March 31, 2013 (UTC)
- Gunny has called a straw poll to determine whether we move forward with some user rights changes. Your input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time. nihil novi sub sole 20:21, April 3, 2013 (UTC)
Salvaging the ApprenticeEdit
Hi, I'm relaying this around all judges and contestants. Please forgive the lack of personalisation as I'm just going to cut/copy so everyone gets the same message.
This month has been a particularly hard one on people. As you may or may not be aware, Saintpain has pulled out, as has Relics. GL has had some technical issues which she's just getting over and I'm working with her to get her entry in as quick as we can.
The good news is that if you're reading this, you've already won a prize (with this in GL's case being conditioned on a complete entry being submitted). The question is where do we go from here, and what happens to that 5th place (and potentially 4th placed) prize.
I don't think there is a need to abandon the game at this stage, but we do have the following options to continue
- This round is treated like round 1. No elimination voting due to the number of people pulling out. We'd still have a peoples choice vote. On one hand, it harms the credibility of the game by skipping a vote, but it keeps things mostly on track. Obviously this would require GL to submit.
- Triple Elimination round. 2 have already gone, and we let people vote off a third (or if GL cant complete, count this as the third). This means the next challenge is the Semi final round, followed by the final. It draws things shorter, but the game is on track ruleswise.
- We bring back someone. This could be a return of Leafless, or soemone from the qualifier. Not exactly fair on those of you who have had to compete to date to give someone a "free walk" though, or to undo a vote.
At the moment I'm leaning towards the second option.
with the 5th Rank prize, I think there 4 options, we split it between Relics and Saint; We give it to Saint (as he informed me before deadline of his intention to pull out); We give it to leafless (for being on time all the time and the 5th place if we ignore those who resigned), or we save it for some other contest later.
I like all those options pretty evently.
- edit, obviously the winning a prize bit doesnt apply to us Judges.... Agent c (talk) 17:42, May 29, 2013 (UTC)
Fallout 1/2 imagesEdit
Your images were pretty good, but with all due respect, I think mine are an improvement. And if one can improve the quality, one is allowed to replace it. I've used a mapping utility to open the .map files which uses highest resolution and/or have used an in-game screenshot with the game running on the high-res patch (1920*1040). Also, I've made every image 240px*180px which fits the infobox perfectly. A lot of images (maybe some of yours too, I'm not sure) were often of smaller size, which left a blank space in the infobox. I'm planning to replace every Fallout 1/2 character image if I see I can improve the quality of it. Jspoel 01:27, August 13, 2013 (UTC)
Season's greetings! Edit
Happy Holidays & Season's Greetings to you, from SaintPain & Major Tom
You have been awarded the Nukapedia Project Medal for your efforts within the Fallout 3 and New Vegas quotations project.
For participating in the FO3 and F:NV quotations project Into the wild blue yonder... 04:49, February 13, 2014 (UTC)
Sorry it's late. I didn't realize the project was declared finished. Into the wild blue yonder... 04:49, February 13, 2014 (UTC)